Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 17th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Marangon Doni (AS Roma)

Read 18190 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Marangon Doni (AS Roma)
      Reply #69: Jun 12, 2011 10:07:24 pm

Ridiculous indeed, as if Liverpool FC would replace Pepe Reina with Julio Sergio's bench warmer
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4978 
      Reply #70: Jun 12, 2011 10:11:09 pm
      Ridiculous indeed, as if Liverpool FC would replace Pepe Reina with Julio Sergio's bench warmer

Indeed Diego. In fact I just skim through articles now as the amount of sh**e written this summer so far has been unbelievable and what makes it worse is that some people actually take these poorly written, poorly researched articles as gospel.

On Doni, I've never seen him play and already said I would prefer Gulacsi to be given a chance as number 2 as Pepe is virtually never injured, although I do see the wisdom in having an experienced goalkeeper in the squad should the worst happen with Reina.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #71: Jun 12, 2011 10:14:11 pm
      On Doni, I've never seen him play and already said I would prefer Gulacsi to be given a chance as number 2 as Pepe is virtually never injured, although I do see the wisdom in having an experienced goalkeeper in the squad should the worst happen with Reina.

Singing an experienced second choice keeper like Doni, and sending Gulasci on loan to play some regular first team football is the right thing to do, at the moment ...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,378 posts | 4978 
      Reply #72: Jun 12, 2011 10:16:09 pm
      Singing an experienced second choice keeper like Doni, and sending Gulasci on loan to play some regular first team football is the right thing to do, at the moment ...

You're probably right mate but not a short term loan. A season playing first team football is probably more beneficial than sitting on our bench all season.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #73: Jun 12, 2011 10:16:34 pm
      The problem about Doni is that he's simply not good enough. It would be perfect if we got Friedel as number 2, as he is a good keeper, but Doni is an experienced rubbish player. I'd rather not waste money on him.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #74: Jun 12, 2011 10:21:08 pm
      The problem about Doni is that he's simply not good enough. It would be perfect if we got Friedel as number 2, as he is a good keeper, but Doni is an experienced rubbish player. I'd rather not waste money on him.

The problem with Doni is his inconsistency ... He has periods of top form, and then periods of awful form ... As you know very well, this is something that bothers many Brazilian keepers ... To be honest, I don't know the reason ...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,381 posts | 2885 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #75: Jun 12, 2011 10:24:24 pm
      No point getting worked up over this. A million sounds like bus fare to the owners and if Doni has a consistency problem it doesnt matter hell only play if Pepe is injured, which thank God is rare
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #76: Jun 12, 2011 10:29:52 pm
      The problem with Doni is his inconsistency ... He has periods of top form, and then periods of awful form ... As you know very well, this is something that bothers many Brazilian keepers ... To be honest, I don't know the reason ...

I think he is just a poor keeper with some good moments. Has been like this for his whole career, in Brazil and abroad. He was a Brazilian international but always one of the most criticized choices from Dunga, and only played when Brazil were using a B side such as in the last Copa America.

Currently he's number 2 to fellow countryman Julio Sergio, who is another average keeper at his very best.

He wouldn't cost much money, that's why I'm not so bothered. Just think it's a pointless signing, like Brad Jones was. Don't think he's decent cover for Pepe and probably would earn significant wages just for the fact he's a Brazilian international.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #77: Jun 15, 2011 11:29:23 am

According to the reports in Italy, he has rejected our offer, since he was not satisfied with the wages ...
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #78: Jun 15, 2011 11:38:57 am
      Good, we dont need him IMO
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #79: Jun 15, 2011 02:12:00 pm

Roma keeper Doni rejects Liverpool switch

By Declan Taylor
          Wednesday, June 15

Roma goalkeeper Doni has snubbed a move to Liverpool, according to reports in Italy.

Kenny Dalglish is understood to be in the market for an experienced goalkeeper to provide cover for current No.1 Pepe Reina.

Liverpool had been linked with a move for their former keeper Brad Friedel before the American chose to join Tottenham.

The Reds turned their attentions to Brazilian stopper Doni, who has fallen down the pecking order at Roma this season, and it was reported that the Italian side had accepted a £1m bid from Liverpool.

But it has been reported that Doni has turned down the chance to join Liverpool because the Premier League side offered him less than his current deal at Roma.

The 31-year-old could now join Galatasaray if the Turkish side fail to land first-choice target Fernando Muslera from Lazio.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/8351/1/roma-keeper-doni-rejects-liverpool-switch
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,732 posts | 3742 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #80: Jun 15, 2011 02:24:28 pm
      Agreed, but he is no bad but nothing special.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #81: Jun 15, 2011 11:15:15 pm

Galatasaray poised to pinch Liverpool target

Published 23:00 15/06/11
      By Jeremy Butler

Liverpool are in danger of missing out on keeper target Alexander Doni after refusing to match his wage demands.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish was keen on the AS Roma shot-stopper as back-up to Pepe Reina.

But canny Kenny is refusing to hand Doni a bumper pay rise and now Galatasaray are moving in.

The Turks are keen to land the Brazilian as they rebuild a side that only finished eighth last season.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Galatasaray-poised-to-pinch-Liverpool-target-article747883.html
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #82: Jun 17, 2011 06:34:53 pm

Doni-Liverpool move back on

Friday 17 June, 2011

Alexander Doni’s transfer to Liverpool could be back on track, revealed Roma director of sport Walter Sabatini.

The goalkeeper had been in negotiations with the Anfield Road side last week, then it seemed as if he had rejected the move.

That was due to interest from Turkish outfit Galatasaray, who are instead focusing on Lazio shot-stopper Nando Muslera.

“Talks with Liverpool are intensifying,” confirmed Sabatini this afternoon.

Roma already agreed a fee for Doni, so the Brazilian now needs to sort out personal terms with the Reds.

http://www.football-italia.net/jun17v.html
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #83: Jun 17, 2011 06:49:41 pm
      I was happy to be refused by him, hoped we would just give up.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #84: Jun 17, 2011 09:09:32 pm
      (via Jamie Dalton)
      According to Sky Sport Italia, Liverpool offered Doni €900,000 a year where he was looking for €2.5m per annum.Just come in from Sky Sport Italia. Doni rejects Liverpool due to wage breakdown.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #85: Jun 18, 2011 12:40:30 am
      Not overly devastated by this.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #86: Jun 19, 2011 10:52:08 am

According to Sky Italia, we have switched our attention to Doni's team-mate Julio Sergio ...
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #87: Jun 19, 2011 11:37:31 am
      Not needed anyway. 90,000 a week for a 2nd choice keeper!!!! ffs.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #88: Jul 01, 2011 02:23:15 pm

Doni makes Liverpool U-turn?

Friday 1 July, 2011

Roma goalkeeper Alexander Doni is ready to accept a switch to Liverpool, reports Il Messaggero.

The Brazilian rejected an initial bid from the Premiership club by insisting they had only offered him less than €1m a season – a 60 per cent cut of his current €2.3m annual salary.

Liverpool have seemingly improved their terms though and Doni is willing to consider a revised €1.5m deal.

Roma are trying to sell the South American in an effort to reduce their wage bill and have already agreed terms over a fee with Liverpool.

http://www.football-italia.net/jul1m.html
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #89: Jul 01, 2011 02:24:42 pm
      Good news seeing as Gulasci is out on Loan
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #90: Jul 01, 2011 03:07:46 pm
      Sign Mahendra Singh Dhoni Instead of Him.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #91: Jul 01, 2011 11:27:05 pm

Roma pay-off leaves keeper Doni free to complete Liverpool switch

Last updated at 10:45 PM on 1st July 2011

Liverpool are ready to compromise with Roma goalkeeper Doni over his wages.

The Brazilian, 31, had rejected a move to Anfield after claiming he would have to take a 60 per cent pay cut.

But with Roma willing to include a £1m pay-off for him to leave, Doni is expected to join Liverpool over the weekend.

Doni's arrival would allow Liverpool reserve keeper Peter Gulacsi to move to Hull.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2010403/Roma-keeper-Doni-free-join-Liverpool.html

Quick Reply