Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W8 D1 L0

Media Watch

Read 8084 times
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Media Watch
      Jun 09, 2011 09:20:55 am
      A place for discussing venting about media reports on LFC.   :mad:
      When something pisses you off, no need to create new threads, just stick it in here. (Did a quick search, couldn't find a similar thread)

Two beauties from today...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2001080/Liverpool-stuck-Alberto-Aquilani-Juventus-pull-dea.html

Ridiculous to say we are "stuck" with a class player - especially when the article goes on to say that we may be selling to one of the Milan clubs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2001187/Manchester-United-snap-Phil-Jones--Ashley-Young.html

Apparently it is 2-0 to Utd in transfers, ignoring the signing of Henderson entirely. Ridiculously biased.
      « Last Edit: Jun 09, 2011 01:39:45 pm by CRK, Reason: Changed the title. Just looked like a thread for articles. We have a full board for that. »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8641 
      Re: Media thread
      Reply #1: Jun 09, 2011 12:16:23 pm
      Ha ha this thread gonna be like the old Mancwatch bit in Through The Wind And Rain fanzine!!

Should just call it Mediawatch.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2: Jun 09, 2011 12:17:34 pm
      Daily Mail or Daily Fail make your own mind up. ;D
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #3: Jun 09, 2011 12:36:44 pm
      2-0 to the Mancs ? Without a goalie they wont be able to keep that lead for long.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,643 posts | 3867 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Jun 09, 2011 12:43:36 pm
      Read the Irish Independent this morning.
      Full page on Jones' signing and Manchester United's plans for the summer.

Last paragraph.

Liverpool have signed Henderson from Sunderland for a fee believe to be worth 20M with Ngog as part of it.

Didn't realise they were that biased.
      No more from that shitrag for me thank you...
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,595 posts | 1813 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #5: Jun 09, 2011 12:59:22 pm
      Sky news, never mentioned our transfer last night either, just Mancs !
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,319 posts | 4956 
      Reply #6: Jun 09, 2011 01:02:42 pm

Not bothered. as long as they sign I don't need those f**kwits to confirm it.

I'd rather we stayed under the radar all summer and then made them stand up and take notice when the season begins.

Used to let the media bother me but try not to now although it is hard I'll agree.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,331 posts | 2860 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #7: Jun 09, 2011 01:29:21 pm
      BBC Football

Manchester United had been regarded as the long-time favourites to sign Henderson after he made an outstanding start to last season, but their interest cooled and manager Sir Alex Ferguson has moved on to other midfield targets.

Who are the targets? None thats who, they lost out on him and thats that.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jun 09, 2011 01:33:48 pm
      BBC Football

Who are the targets? None thats who, they lost out on him and thats that.

Probably Adam, but it seems they've lost out on him too... to us, again.

HA!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,331 posts | 2860 
      Reply #9: Jun 09, 2011 01:34:32 pm

Good under the radar will do me. Wipe the fooking smile of there faces on the pitch!!!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Media Watch
      Reply #10: Jun 09, 2011 01:41:51 pm
      Changed the title.

Good idea for the thread. A bit like Points of View only with more swearing and taking the piss out of the Daily Fail.

As always - as if it needs mentioning - no S*n articles.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #11: Jun 09, 2011 08:52:09 pm
      A few of the rags are getting it off on the fact the Fergie stole Jones from under our nose.
      If the guy decides he wants to play with the scum...thats his career.

There one was a guy called Owen..
      Who said to Rafa "Im going"....

Join the dots.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #12: Jun 09, 2011 08:52:40 pm
      Think the Daily Excuse were taking the pi55 when under a banner headline of Why Kids are Big Business they have a picture of Joe Fagan signing Wayne Harrison!!
      http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/251641/Why-kids-are-big-business
      pauljohansson
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 14, 2011 10:51:09 am
      How can they possibly say its 2-0 to United when we've come away with arguably the brightest midfielder of his generation?
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #14: Jun 15, 2011 01:17:47 pm
      How can they possibly say its 2-0 to United when we've come away with arguably the brightest midfielder of his generation?

I wasnt aware we had signed Wilshere, or Rodwell or any number of players from abroad. Its 2-0 to Utd as they have players we would have taken, we cant say the same........... YET!

The media, do people realy think they pick on us any more than other clubs? I just dont see it & fans of other clubs feel just as hard done by. I reckon there is bias by certain journ's but it evens itself out, some hate us, some hate the Goonies, some hate Utd etc. People get far too wound up by what others write, fukk it. Does it matter?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #15: Jun 21, 2011 11:05:22 pm
      Daily Excuse again this morning.
      The only two players coming out of the u-21 defeats with any credit are 'suprise suprise' Smalling and Jones!!!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Jun 22, 2011 04:27:51 am
      Daily Excuse again this morning.
      The only two players coming out of the u-21 defeats with any credit are 'suprise suprise' Smalling and Jones!!!

Credit for what? Our early return?

On one hand the media bemoans Englands lack of pass and move football, the next they laud over 2 centre backs who seemed hell bent on twatting the ball 60 yards to Daniel Sturridge for 90 minutes a game.

Clueless.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #17: Jun 22, 2011 09:47:02 am
      From what i've read on this topic, and I mean this with no disrespect to anyone, its basically a bi*ch and moan about the media giving United more hype than us.

I couldn’t give two shits.

The last time the media didn’t "big up" our signings we got Alonso - and of course Suarez.

Let them say that Slur Alex has got better things on his mind I don’t care.

"The Kop" should be all things Liverpool.  Not a moan about journo's, Sky or the Beeb.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #18: Jun 22, 2011 09:49:01 am
      Good point, actually. Not sure it needs to be in The Kop.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8641 
      Reply #19: Jun 22, 2011 10:49:33 am
      From what i've read on this topic, and I mean this with no disrespect to anyone, its basically a bi*ch and moan about the media giving United more hype than us.

"The Kop" should be all things Liverpool.  Not a moan about journo's, Sky or the Beeb.

I take it you never, ever got to read the "Through The Wind and Rain famzine, they used to have a brilliant piece where they highlighted everytime the media were kissing the manc's arses.

This is kinda of the same, except in reverse about us. I think it is needed to remind people of the permanent sh*te the press talk about us.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #20: Jun 22, 2011 12:10:23 pm
      I take it you never, ever got to read the "Through The Wind and Rain famzine, they used to have a brilliant piece where they highlighted everytime the media were kissing the manc's arses.

This is kinda of the same, except in reverse about us. I think it is needed to remind people of the permanent sh*te the press talk about us.

They were correct about Roy though, he wasnt given enough time to make his team and he is proven at the highest level.  He managed Milan for Christ's sake.

OK - I joke.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,502 posts | 4841 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #21: Jun 22, 2011 01:00:17 pm
      Although the media do jump up Man U's arse at any slight opportunity - without the blinkers on, I do think Smalling was the best England player during the tournament.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,331 posts | 2860 
      Reply #22: Jun 22, 2011 01:06:21 pm
      Although the media do jump up Man U's arse at any slight opportunity - without the blinkers on, I do think Smalling was the best England player during the tournament.

That to me says more about England u21's then it does about Smalling
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #23: Jun 22, 2011 01:53:42 pm
      If anyone concludes the pieces posted by TKI in the Daily Fail are not riddled with negativity regarding LFC they have trouble decifering the written word or their name is Murdoch.
      Every statement about Aquilani, Dalglish or LFC is rounded off with a negative premise or assumption and confirms the attitude of the writer, how anybody can say it is a balanced, neutral perspective is a complete mystery.   
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 22, 2011 02:28:15 pm
      From what I've read on this topic, and I mean this with no disrespect to anyone, its basically a bi*ch and moan about the media giving United more hype than us.

The last time the media didn’t "big up" our signings we got Alonso - and of course Suarez.

Let them say that Slur Alex has got better things on his mind I don’t care.

Fukkin amen about the bi*ch comment :)

The fact is as well that Jones & Smalling were the only players that did perform over the 3 games for the under 21's. Thats not media bias its fact. Why is someone saying they just hoof the ball as well? Did they not see Jones beat a couple of players & push foward several times? No doubt these are the same people that think Rooney & Rio are sh*t as well as various other players from clubs they dont like. I get it... I hate the clubs as well & the players, doesnt make them sh*t players though!
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #25: Jun 22, 2011 04:32:11 pm
      Fukkin amen about the bi*ch comment :)

The fact is as well that Jones & Smalling were the only players that did perform over the 3 games for the under 21's. Thats not media bias its fact. Why is someone saying they just hoof the ball as well? Did they not see Jones beat a couple of players & push foward several times? No doubt these are the same people that think Rooney & Rio are sh*t as well as various other players from clubs they dont like. I get it... I hate the clubs as well & the players, doesnt make them sh*t players though!

Why do you keep talking about Man United :-\

As for the thread, if you don't like it, don't enter it.

Simple stuff.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #26: Jun 22, 2011 04:43:35 pm
      Why do you keep talking about Man United :-\

As for the thread, if you don't like it, don't enter it.

Simple stuff.
      The lad is a wum which goes hand in hand with the manUre speak, he is subtle in his approach but nevertheless a F***ing wind up merchant plain and simple.
      And well spotted mate.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 23, 2011 10:38:14 am
      The lad is a wum which goes hand in hand with the manUre speak, he is subtle in his approach but nevertheless a f**king wind up merchant plain and simple.
      And well spotted mate.

Wrap up with the lies about me man. I just dont agree with some of your opinions, thats all. I talk about football for what it is, not with a blinkered bias...
      LFCexiled
      Reply #28: Jun 23, 2011 07:43:59 pm
      If anyone concludes the pieces posted by TKI in the Daily Fail are not riddled with negativity regarding LFC they have trouble decifering the written word or their name is Murdoch.
      Every statement about Aquilani, Dalglish or LFC is rounded off with a negative premise or assumption and confirms the attitude of the writer, how anybody can say it is a balanced, neutral perspective is a complete mystery.   

Quite incredibly and what I can only describe as lazy journalism the fail have an article that say's we won't be signing diego forlan because he's too expensive.

If, as a journalist, you can't even be arsed to research a clubs present transfer policy you really shouldn't write about them.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #29: Jun 23, 2011 08:39:10 pm
      Wrap up with the lies about me man. I just dont agree with some of your opinions, thats all. I talk about football for what it is, not with a blinkered bias...
      What lies? You mention manUre very frequently in your posts and have some very jaundiced opinions about the team whose forum you are on.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #30: Jun 23, 2011 11:08:23 pm
      What lies? You mention manUre very frequently in your posts and have some very jaundiced opinions about the team whose forum you are on.

Aye.  Hes from either up the wrong end of the East Lancs .....or up the wrong end of his ar*e,..... Stu.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,034 posts | 3961 
      Reply #31: Jun 24, 2011 07:51:53 am
      Aye.  Hes from either up the wrong end of the East Lancs .....or up the wrong end of his ar*e,..... Stu.

Well Skip karma caught up with the arsehole and he's now banned after being muted - good riddance.

Quick Reply