Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 748923 times
      redsnake
      • Banned

• 128 posts |
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #161: Jun 20, 2011 12:30:12 pm
      We should of waited till atfer he came back from the Euro"s before buying him then we might of got him 10 million pound cheaper. He had an absolute shocker of a tournament.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #162: Jun 20, 2011 12:45:49 pm
      :mad: :mad:
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #163: Jun 20, 2011 12:47:15 pm
      Hasn't had a training sessin with Kenny yet. Played in the wrong role by an England Manager, never heard that one before have we? They are all clueless
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #164: Jun 20, 2011 04:05:41 pm
      Just been subbed off, after another frustrating game where the lack of movement in front of him was criminal.

So was his passing & general all round play. Looked out of place, England improved when he went off. Albrighton would have been a much better signing. We paid more for Henderson than Utd did for Jones??? Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #165: Jun 20, 2011 04:05:41 pm
      Yeah but the commentary fu**ed me off and I quote

Henderson made a poor pass
      Commenter " he really has been poor today with his passing "

Jones get caught out by long ball striker gets a run on goal

Commenter " he was expecting Smalling to clear that "

Fuckng manc loving tw*ts the lot of sky

Perhaps the commentator meant that Smalling had made an error?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #166: Jun 20, 2011 04:33:52 pm
      We paid more for Henderson than Utd did for Jones??? Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.

Well it appears thats not true is it.

Henderson = £16.5 million and  the Jones deal is deffo going to exceed £20 million.

You're wrong, again!

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #167: Jun 20, 2011 04:41:13 pm
      Since when did Henderson cost more than Jones MickeyScouse? I don't know what sh*te establishment/Man Utd arse licking press you read but I suggest you start looking in to the facts. Jones has cost at least £5 million more for Man Utd.

MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #168: Jun 20, 2011 04:45:45 pm
      Well it appears thats not true is it.

Henderson = £16.5 million and  the Jones deal is deffo going to exceed £20 million.

You're wrong, again!

Yet other reports say we paid £20M & they paid £19M

It was also a reason I put a question mark at the end, it was a question. Not a statement. Is that OK? Can I ask the question? Thanks, you have answered, yet tbh you dont actually know do you. Its just some figures that you have been told or read somewhere, yet you take them & climb up to some imaginary high ground. well lets just say they both are overpriced, but Jones looks a much better player. Persoanlly I would rather we signed him
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #169: Jun 20, 2011 04:56:55 pm

It was also a reason I put a question mark at the end, it was a question. Not a statement. Is that OK? Can I ask the question? Thanks, you have answered, yet tbh you dont actually know do you. Its just some figures that you have been told or read somewhere, yet you take them & climb up to some imaginary high ground. well lets just say they both are overpriced, but Jones looks a much better player. Persoanlly I would rather we signed him

But they've tapped him up, Blackburn started moaning about it, then went quiet, i wonder why that is, because Man U will pay more than £20 million to shut the fuckers up.

No complaints to the FA - everyone's happy.

As for Jones I'm not arsed that we haven't bought, cos I personally think Martin Kelly will be a better player than Phil Jones. At right back or centre-back!!

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #170: Jun 20, 2011 05:03:48 pm
      Phil Jones was just as poor as Henderson this tournament.

Long ball merchant, with a few dodgy moments at the back.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #171: Jun 20, 2011 05:07:49 pm

Your perverse attitude demands that you respond in the way you do none more so than the above.
      At a stroke you dismiss our signings as being overpriced and the player who for reasons best known to himself signed for manuRe you place on a pedestal and compare him to our 'job lots' unfavourably of course.
      The obvious question - are you on the right forum?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #172: Jun 20, 2011 05:36:25 pm
      What I'm hoping is kenny can bring more agression to his game, he appears a bit timid, I know this was a massive problem Sunderland fans saw in him and to be honest, he looked like he lacked bite in the 3 games I saw for England U-21. If anyone can improve this side of his game it is Kenny
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #173: Jun 20, 2011 05:39:33 pm
      What I'm hoping is kenny can bring more agression to his game, he appears a bit timid, I know this was a massive problem Sunderland fans saw in him and to be honest, he looked like he lacked bite in the 3 games I saw for England U-21. If anyone can improve this side of his game it is Kenny
      No worry mate! After getting some lessons from both Gerrard and Carra we'll see the new Henderson ;D!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #174: Jun 20, 2011 05:42:47 pm
      Ya a tackling session with Carragher should be enough for anyone ;)
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #175: Jun 20, 2011 05:55:00 pm
      Good shout on the Fat Frank comparisons. I do think he is a bit better athlete, however.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #176: Jun 20, 2011 06:49:34 pm
      Fellas, the lad is only 20. He's not gonna be an instant Gerrard like it appears some are hoping, we've got experienced midfielders which will help him do what he came here to do and that's learn from the best.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #177: Jun 20, 2011 10:27:44 pm
      We paid more for Henderson than Utd did for Jones??? Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.

We didn't and even if we did what difference does it make to the ability of Jordan?

I'm getting a bit fed up with people's obsession with what those manc c**ts are doing this summer. I couldn't care less as long as we are getting the players Kenny wants for our squad.
      RedtillDead
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 164 posts |
      Reply #178: Jun 20, 2011 11:18:30 pm
      Having watched him closely over the course of the last three U-21's matches I do think we paid over the odds for this lad if the figures quoted prove to be correct. However now he's here, I'll give him my support and hope that he justifies his fee and proves and excellent addition to the squad.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #179: Jun 20, 2011 11:25:36 pm
      Having watched him closely over the course of the last three U-21's matches I do think we paid over the odds for this lad if the figures quoted prove to be correct. However now he's here, I'll give him my support and hope that he justifies his fee and proves and excellent addition to the squad.

To be honest, you could say that about most England players, at any level.  Most look nowhere near the prices quoted/bandied about.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,142 posts | 3383 
      Reply #180: Jun 20, 2011 11:31:57 pm

United paid more for Berbatov than we did for Suarez. Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.
      United paid more for Veron than we did for Alonso. Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.
      United paid more for Ferdinand than we did for Carragher. Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.
      United paid more for Barthez than we did for Reina. Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.

What's your F***ing point? And just to clarify things, we didn't pay more for Henderson than your club paid for Phil Jones. But never mind, you might make one point that is factually correct one day.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #181: Jun 20, 2011 11:34:16 pm
      United paid more for Berbatov than we did for Suarez. Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.
      United paid more for Veron than we did for Alonso. Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.
      United paid more for Ferdinand than we did for Carragher. Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.
      United paid more for Barthez than we did for Reina. Hmmm, doesn't seem right to me.

What's your F***ing point? And just to clarify things, we didn't pay more for Henderson than your club paid for Phil Jones. But never mind, you might make one point that is factually correct WUM day.

Fixed that for you.  :D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,142 posts | 3383 
      Reply #182: Jun 20, 2011 11:37:39 pm

:laugh:

Very good mate.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #183: Jun 21, 2011 03:40:35 am
      it's normal that he won't perform well with the u21 since the whole team is under-performing.
      He was the one taking the ball from the defenders(Lucas' role) and had to distribute it to wingers and forwards(Gerrard or Mereiles' role). He had to do this with a lack of support in the midfield and all the wingers and forwards had already rushed forward.

With  the 3-man central midfield we play with; he'll certainly play  much better.

Quick Reply