Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 742709 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #3795: Jan 04, 2016 11:14:27 am
      From all accounts it was precaution that he didn't play against WH. Let's hope he's good to go asap.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #3796: Jan 04, 2016 11:24:51 am
      I'm a little concerned that this injury is going to lurk about long term for Jordan.

For me he's our most important player and not good that he could be in and our of the side all season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3797: Jan 09, 2016 08:42:49 am
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,927 posts | 968 
      Reply #3798: Jan 10, 2016 01:49:01 am
      « Last Edit: Jan 10, 2016 02:13:51 am by harrydunn08 »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,870 posts | 6808 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3799: Jan 10, 2016 06:06:52 am
      Hahaha!!!

Any news when he will be back??

Na mate, never noticed once I saw the clip.  :lmao:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3800: Jan 10, 2016 09:53:47 pm
      He looked very forlorn as he limped right in front of me at Stoke last week, a very dejected figure, really feel for him, my daughter has the same foot injury as him and she's in agony  :(
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,199 posts | 1275 
      Reply #3801: Jan 13, 2016 10:27:55 pm
      Great commanding performance from the captain, excellent all round. Always won the second ball, his energy penetrated the Arsenal defence, and if we had a good striker, they would have exploited the space he made.

Well done, and he really stands up and takes responsibility. A few players could learn a thing from his attitude.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #3802: Jan 13, 2016 10:32:04 pm
      Most important player in our squad bar none. Proved yet again how much we have missed him.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,420 posts | 6419 
      Reply #3803: Jan 13, 2016 10:38:56 pm
      Without Jordan out there tonight, I shudder to think.....hope he can manage his pain and put in a string of performances, we sorely missed THIS Jordan...not the less than 100% healthy one that we got for a few games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4418 
      Reply #3804: Jan 13, 2016 10:40:40 pm
      Great commanding performance from the captain, excellent all round. Always won the second ball, his energy penetrated the Arsenal defence, and if we had a good striker, they would have exploited the space he made.

Well done, and he really stands up and takes responsibility. A few players could learn a thing from his attitude.

A bit OTT don't you think, arsenal were pretty comfortable in that second half,  where was the late runs into the box?

Letting Moreno take that free kick at the end knowing Moreno's end product, not exactly captain material I would say.

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3805: Jan 17, 2016 06:20:06 pm
      Another feckless performance from our fearless leader today.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,727 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3806: Jan 18, 2016 09:45:17 am
      Jordan Henderson the captain of Liverpool Football Club

Just let that sink in.

A man that literally goes missing.

Makes me want to cry
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3807: Jan 18, 2016 06:11:22 pm
      This lad alongside Milner and Lallana are the reasons why we are a midtable team. They are average at best, it's a nightmare that this bloke is our captain and the one who should spurr on our team. No wonder that top class players think twice before joining us, hopefully Klopp will have a bigger pull towards them in the summer.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3808: Jan 18, 2016 10:24:54 pm
      This lad alongside Milner and Lallana are the reasons why we are a midtable team. They are average at best, it's a nightmare that this bloke is our captain and the one who should spurr on our team. No wonder that top class players think twice before joining us, hopefully Klopp will have a bigger pull towards them in the summer.

The odd thing is how quickly people forget these rubbish performances of his.  He'll be out for another two weeks with injury and people will be saying "oh we miss him so much" etc etc.

We miss him being invisible like he was yesterday?  we miss his mid-table mediocre performance?

No, we really don't.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3809: Jan 18, 2016 10:26:18 pm
      Another feckless performance from our fearless leader today.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahaha. Thought I'd see you in here after yesterday. Where were you after the Arsenal game? Leicester game? You're a little snide pr**k. You don't praise him for anything, you're never here posting after he puts in a man of the match performance, etc. Since he's returned from his injury he's been BY FAR our best player. Even in games like Watford when the team was sh*te, Henderson was by a mile our best player along with Albie. But let me guess, you think Sakho should be captain, right? The man who went missing against Watford, West Ham, etc. I'm a big Sakho fan, but Christ, every player has poor games. It was a 5/10 game from Henderson and it'll likely be the worst he plays this season because he usually isn't a player that has stinkers very often. The thing is though, every other player in our squad has performed below that at some point this season.

Jordan Henderson the captain of Liverpool Football Club

Just let that sink in.

A man that literally goes missing.

Makes me want to cry

He didn't go missing yesterday... He was involved in most of our attacking moves, the trouble was he couldn't finish them off. Certainly didn't hide or go missing. Only Chelsea have a captain who you'd think, yeah, he reminds me of a classic captain, and even he's going to be retiring/leaving within one or two seasons. We've also had much worse captains than Jordan Henderson in the past.

Henderson is a million miles better than Milner and Lallana, and I'm a Lallana fan. Looking around at other midfielders in the country who are these ones that are so much better than him? Most of the midfielders in the country are just "very good." Gone are the days of Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Scholes, Lampard, Keane, Viera, etc. Henderson is a brilliant passer of the football, currently one of the best in the league easily. Fabregas is the only player who's better at cutting a team open from a deep position.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4418 
      Reply #3810: Jan 18, 2016 10:36:31 pm
      Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Thought I'd see you in here after yesterday. Where were you after the Arsenal game? Leicester game? You're a little snide pr**k. You don't praise him for anything, you're never here posting after he puts in a man of the match performance, etc. Since he's returned from his injury he's been BY FAR our best player. Even in games like Watford when the team was sh*te, Henderson was by a mile our best player along with Albie. But let me guess, you think Sakho should be captain, right? The man who went missing against Watford, West Ham, etc. I'm a big Sakho fan, but Christ, every player has poor games. It was a 5/10 game from Henderson and it'll likely be the worst he plays this season because he usually isn't a player that has stinkers very often. The thing is though, every other player in our squad has performed below that at some point this season.

He didn't go missing yesterday... He was involved in most of our attacking moves, the trouble was he couldn't finish them off. Certainly didn't hide or go missing. Only Chelsea have a captain who you'd think, yeah, he reminds me of a classic captain, and even he's going to be retiring/leaving within one or two seasons. We've also had much worse captains than Jordan Henderson in the past.

Henderson is a million miles better than Milner and Lallana, and I'm a Lallana fan. Looking around at other midfielders in the country who are these ones that are so much better than him? Most of the midfielders in the country are just "very good." Gone are the days of Gerrard, Alonso, Mascherano, Scholes, Lampard, Keane, Viera, etc. Henderson is a brilliant passer of the football, currently one of the best in the league easily. Fabregas is the only player who's better at cutting a team open from a deep position.

Most of your post was reasonable but that last paragraph - "brilliant passer, one of the best in the league" he can't even control a ball without taking 3-4 touches   :lmao:

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,727 posts | 3945 
      Reply #3811: Jan 18, 2016 10:39:55 pm
      Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Thought I'd see you in here after yesterday. Where were you after the Arsenal game? Leicester game? You're a little snide pr**k. You don't praise him for anything, you're never here posting after he puts in a man of the match performance, etc. Since he's returned from his injury he's been BY FAR our best player. Even in games like Watford when the team was sh*te, Henderson was by a mile our best player along with Albie. But let me guess, you think Sakho should be captain, right? The man who went missing against Watford, West Ham, etc. I'm a big Sakho fan, but Christ, every player has poor games. It was a 5/10 game from Henderson and it'll likely be the worst he plays this season because he usually isn't a player that has stinkers very often. The thing is though, every other player in our squad has performed below that at some point this season.

I'm sorry but you're on another planet.

Henderson can't finish his F***ing dinner. That's a fact.

He's not champions league standard in my eyes.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3812: Jan 18, 2016 10:45:56 pm
      Most of your post was reasonable but that last paragraph - "brilliant passer, one of the best in the league" he can't even control a ball without taking 3-4 touches   :lmao:

Give me these passers that are so much better. Make sure they're midfielders, not number tens like Ozil, Coutinho, Silva, Payet, etc.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #3813: Jan 18, 2016 10:47:20 pm

Give me these passers that are so much better. Make sure they're midfielders, not number tens like Ozil, Coutinho, Silva, Payet, etc.

There aren't many mate.

6 goals and 9 assits last season which from memory was among the highest, if not the highest, for a midfielder.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3814: Jan 18, 2016 10:51:34 pm
      There aren't many mate.

6 goals and 9 assits last season which from memory was among the highest, if not the highest, for a midfielder.

I know. There was a stat that he had the most assists from open play in 13/14 and 14/15 combined I believe. Toure and Fabregas probably had more last season. Toure played in a team with Silva and Aguero, whereas Henderson was setting up chances for Lambert and Balotelli. Fabregas was also able to pick out the runs of Hazard and Costa (though I do think Fabregas is a better passer of the ball when on form).
      RedWilly

• 9,213 posts | 1646 
      Reply #3815: Jan 18, 2016 10:53:01 pm
      There aren't many mate.

Whilst I think he's a good player, I do agree with the above points that a midfield of him, Milner, Lucas and Can (or a combination of any of them), is wildly depressing.

Our midfield screams mediocrity, they contribute very little in way of attack and offer 'hard yards' but not much else.

Henderson is the only one in our midfield that occasionally contributes offensively, but he does go missing far too often, he isn't a young lad anymore and he has to step it up to reach the next level.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,224 posts | 4418 
      Reply #3816: Jan 18, 2016 10:53:12 pm

You can have anyone you want from the Arsenal midfield even City except Fernando.

Even United's midfielders apart from elbows are technically better than Henderson.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3817: Jan 18, 2016 10:56:29 pm
      How many times do we go round and round on the Henderson merry go round. We are better with him in the team, it's not even up for logical debate.

Quick Reply