Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 10th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P17 W10 D3 L4

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 737247 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #6279: Nov 29, 2018 08:53:38 am
      It wasn’t uneducated nonsense because of a spelling error - it was uneducated because you appear to not have a clue about the game

It quite clearly wasn’t just a game from Henderson of nothing but back passes - but I suspect you don’t see anything else because you only look for the things to be critical about. Can you even remember the ball to Robbo ? I can even remember at least 3 or four where he played first time balls right across the field to both Robbo , Mane and Salah

But if some people like yourself only want to see one thing that’s all they will see.
      I'll setup a poll on Survey Monkey later on. I'm not going to argue, I'll be democratic.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6280: Nov 29, 2018 08:54:44 am
      Breaking news:  Jordan Henderson isn't Steven Gerrard,  now f**king get over it.
      it's because he's in the starting line up against big teams.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #6281: Nov 29, 2018 09:05:16 am
      The problem I have seen so far is he doesn’t seem to positonally disciplined - he looks great when he burst forward with the ball but when he does he leaves and gap and then because of the lack of sharpness he struggles to get back

BUT I actually think him and Henderson together can form a good partnership - Henderson can do all the boring donkey cover work when Fabinho goes forward - it’s a shame they haven’t had the chance to get playing time together

I think when everyone is fit and settled -

A midfield three of any variation either as a two and one ahead with

Henderson/Fabinho and Keita will be the first choice

That leaves Milner and Gini as back up to Fabinho and Henderson with Shaqiri the back up to Keita or as an alternative depending on the opposition

I don't think there are any problems when he plays in the midfield 2, but I do agree, he has looked lost in the 3, and it does take him longer to adjust, however, when he did adjust, he was more than capable.

On paper, I can't see Hendo and Fab working as good as the other partnerships we can put out there if we play 2 midfielders, but I can see it working in a midfield 3 if Hendo is allowed to play further up as an 8.

Still think Fabinho and Keita are a match made in heaven as a double 6/double pivot/double 6 1⁄2 and would take us to the next level ;)

I think Klopp sees him in his first 11 - it’s evident over the last three years that when Henderson is fit he plays - Klopp likes him as a player

No doubt, and he has been a good player under Klopp and rarely lets him down, so I totally get it, but as I said before; I feel we have better now and Klopp should take more of a gamble and trust Fabinho, Wijnaldum or even Keita as our hub(s) and maybe look into giving Hendo a different role imo.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #6282: Nov 29, 2018 09:08:05 am
      I'll setup a poll on Survey Monkey later on. I'm not going to argue, I'll be democratic.

A poll about what ?
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6283: Nov 29, 2018 09:09:03 am
      Another sh*t performance . Just F**k off back to sunderland
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6284: Nov 29, 2018 09:16:03 am
      Another sh*t performance . Just f**k off back to sunderland
      funny thing is, Bananaman won't argue with this, he'll just argue with me when I say squad player.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #6285: Nov 29, 2018 09:17:24 am
      Another sh*t performance . Just f**k off back to sunderland

Joke of a post and pathetic at best
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6286: Nov 29, 2018 09:19:06 am
      How is it ? He has never got more than 6 out of 10 for us . Motm performances? Zero . And to be honest he's got worse
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6287: Nov 29, 2018 09:23:31 am
      Headless chicken comes to mind
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,144 posts | 3466 
      Reply #6288: Nov 29, 2018 09:29:27 am
      How is it ? He has never got more than 6 out of 10 for us . Motm performances? Zero . And to be honest he's got worse

Telling him to “F**k off “ back to Sunderland is pathetic and reactionary at best - it’s what you expect from 13 year old shouting at a FIFA screen

What the hell has happened to our fanbase that we start seeing this sh*te being spouted
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6289: Nov 29, 2018 09:34:36 am
      Telling him to “f**k off “ back to Sunderland is pathetic and reactionary at best - it’s what you expect from 13 year old shouting at a FIFA screen

What the hell has happened to our fanbase that we start seeing this sh*te being spouted
      Because he is useless
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #6290: Nov 29, 2018 09:44:25 am

It does with “F**k off back to Sunderland” posts yeh......

I get frustration - thought he was best of the 3 myself and that was with a 5 at best.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #6291: Nov 29, 2018 09:46:57 am
      There’s recycling it and then there’s what happened in the 2nd half. We had a corner which was cleared to him just inside their half and with nobody around him or near him, he had plenty of time to play a ball back into the mix, but instead he turned and played it all the way back to Alisson! He does this regularly too.

It's beyond a joke now, it's getting to Migs or Johnson levels of frustration with me now.

No worries though he's the LFC and former England captain, Barcelona, Bayern, Man City and PSG will all come calling for him in the summer.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6292: Nov 29, 2018 09:47:41 am
      It does with “f**k off back to Sunderland” posts yeh......

I get frustration - thought he was best of the 3 myself and that was with a 5 at best.

Mate I can't remember a single match when I have thought.  Wow what a player.  He isn't good enough end of
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6293: Nov 29, 2018 09:49:00 am
      And to be captain of our great club is just madness
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,660 posts | 489 
      Reply #6294: Nov 29, 2018 09:49:54 am
      And to be captain of our great club is just madness
      Thanks to Brendan Rodgers.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #6295: Nov 29, 2018 10:06:08 am
      Mate I can't remember a single match when I have thought.  Wow what a player.  He isn't good enough end of

Agree to disagree - I’ve no issues with people not rating any player I do.

I’m just not a fan of big statements on back of a bad result.

I also - as is well known and doesn’t need revisiting - think every team / squad needs a lightning rod for criticism. He’s ours.

That isn’t fair but it is factual.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #6296: Nov 29, 2018 10:15:46 am
      Telling him to “f**k off “ back to Sunderland is pathetic and reactionary at best - it’s what you expect from 13 year old shouting at a FIFA screen

Think you need a look in the Mignolet thread mate. This one is heading that way too.

Far too much division over Henderson which ultimately proves that he isn't good enough.

If he was good enough the only anger, malice, frustration, criticism e.t.c would happen after a poor performance...

Not every single time he is on the pitch.

I mean check the Salah or Bobby thread, people are saying they are out of form or need a break.

You won't see the many, if any saying they aren't good enough for the first 11 and should be squad players.

I think that says it all. Also you only need to look to the future.

Who out of our team can you see being chased by PSG, Bayern, Barca, Real, City etc

I bet you it's not Henderson.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,039 posts | 537 
      Reply #6297: Nov 29, 2018 10:28:41 am
      Think you need a look in the Mignolet thread mate. This one is heading that way too.

Far too much division over Henderson which ultimately proves that he isn't good enough.

If he was good enough the only anger, malice, frustration, criticism e.t.c would happen after a poor performance...

I mean check the Salah or Bobby thread, people are saying they are out of form or need a break.

You won't see the many, if any saying they aren't good enough for the first 11 and should be squad players.

Who out of our team can you see being chased by PSG, Bayern, Barca, Real, City etc

Of all our current midfielders, Henderson would attract the most interest from big clubs if he was available. Him and Keita. It's a measure of the one-eyedness of Henderson's detractors on here that they genuinely don't realise that, if available, he would get plenty of interest.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6298: Nov 29, 2018 10:30:01 am
      Of all our current midfielders, Henderson would attract the most interest from big clubs if he was available. Him and Keita. It's a measure of the one-eyedness of Henderson's detractors on here that they genuinely don't realise that, if available, he would get plenty of interest.
      Aye from Sunderland ;D
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,984 posts | 3061 
      Reply #6299: Nov 29, 2018 10:31:38 am

Think you need to look at the Lucas thread mate IF you think that’s a reliable barometer of quality to play for LFC ;)
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,660 posts | 489 
      Reply #6300: Nov 29, 2018 10:31:49 am
      This is all a bit sad really, I remember when Kuyt and Lucas used to get the same level of constant criticism irrelevant of how they or other players played and it made me feel both sad and disappointed that Liverpool fans could go over the top so much about their own players - especially ones who wear the badge with pride and just keep going and going - the sort of stuff we used to applaud and Shanks and Bob used to demand from the players.

Henderson last night was in the deep lying defensive midfield role - for years players have always been criticised when they played that role because they just see a player doing simple things , little sideways passes , keeping the game ticking over , recycling possession , moving players in front around until a gap appears but Henderson’s get nothing but constant criticism for it - someone said as captain they expect a thundering tackle or to smash it in from 30 yards and produce a bit of magic , all they are doing is just comparing to Gerrard - that’s not Henderson’s game it never has been so why should he be lamblasted when he doesn’t do it , he isn’t going to go on dazzling runs , play constant Xabi balls all over the place again it’s not his game.

In his time at the club he has played various roles - high attacking mid , wide right , sitting mid and done them all eight credit - in fact doesn’t get enough credit

All this talk about the worst mid in CL and the Prem and with him we aren’t good enough to win this and that is nonsense - we didn’t lose last light because Henderson played , if Last night there was 10 players playing superbly and one who didn’t then I could understand the finger pointing towards him but it clearly wasn’t - Salah , Firmino , Gini , Lovren , Gomez all played really poorly last - especially the front two , we weren’t going to create much but whenever we did they were poor , far worse than Henderson - don’t see many finger pointing there

People are quick to mention a pass he made when he should have passed to a different player as if it’s a crime

But here are three instances last night that get ignored

1. Shaqiri gave the ball away on the right hand side of their penalty area ( about the fourth time he did ) and Rabiot burst forward going past Keita and Robbo - he was pretty much clear until one person got to him and stopped them having a clear 3 on 1 - Henderson

2. We were passing around the right edge of the box and Henderson then played this lovely little ball into Robbo bursting into the box who then had his shot blocked

3. Salah put in another poor corner , it was cleared to Henderson who put it back in cleared again but this time to Neymar who burst forward with Mbappe and Cavani - one player sprinted back and got right in front of Neymar and stopped the attack -

Henderson did that all night , it’s not flashy , it doesn’t grab headlines , fans just moan at it but his fellow players and manager appreciates it because that’s the job he is in the team for - to do all that simple stuff , Fabinho isn’t in the team because he has struggled to do it , you aren’t going to put Kieta or Shaqiri there - it’s not their roles

Henderson isn’t a world beater - no one has suggested he is - but he is a key player for the manager and the players , come the game in Napoli I have no doubt he will be in the team - he maybe won’t have Milner next to him or Gini but Henderson will be sitting there in front of the back for doing what the manager wants - and I fully expect he will get the same criticism and that for me is pretty poor from the fanbase - we used to appreciate players like him over the years well before Internet forums

We still appreciate water carriers. Just that when there is only 1 in midfield, not 3 of them! We are at a different level as a club now after the last season. Technically limited players like Henderson shouldn't be in the starting XI against Europe's best team.

Henderson won't even make the midfield of the top 5 in PL let alone the big hitters in Europe.

Even when you talk about Lucas, Kuyt. They were far more influentual than Henderson. I think he is a decent player when fit and firing. But, we as a club should aim much more higher than persisting with him.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #6301: Nov 29, 2018 10:36:11 am
      We still appreciate water carriers. Just that when there is only 1 in midfield, not 3 of them! We are at a different level as a club now after the last season. Technically limited players like Henderson shouldn't be in the starting XI against Europe's best team.

Henderson won't even make the midfield of the top 5 in PL let alone the big hitters in Europe.

Even when you talk about Lucas, Kuyt. They were far more influentual than Henderson. I think he is a decent player when fit and firing. But, we as a club should aim much more higher than persisting with him.

Agree

Quick Reply