Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720684 times
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5267: Nov 26, 2017 03:12:39 am
      I actually thought he played fairly well today and really wxhaust d himself by his high work rate to break up chelsea’s Movement.
      He certainly isn’t playing as well as he was a season or two ago but is definitely better than he was last season and at the start of this.
      I want him to get a grip of a game and really strive forward at times and also back himself to shoot more.
      I think he is getting a tad too much negative attention from us recently
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,049 posts | 6294 
      Reply #5268: Nov 26, 2017 03:17:48 am
      I actually thought he played fairly well today and really wxhaust d himself by his high work rate to break up chelsea’s Movement.
      He certainly isn’t playing as well as he was a season or two ago but is definitely better than he was last season and at the start of this.
      I want him to get a grip of a game and really strive forward at times and also back himself to shoot more.
      I think he is getting a tad too much negative attention from us recently

Reasonable post. Thought he was decent early. Not many were really good late in the game.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #5269: Nov 26, 2017 03:03:49 pm
      If anything I'd blame Hendo for Willian's goal.
      Watch the 2 minutes build up play before he scores. Henderson intercepts/clears several times, smacking it right back to them to keep the pressure on. We need a captain that an influence and instill their authority on the game. Jordan is several tiers below that bar, and should not be in a top-6 side, forget about leading it. We really need a proper defensive midfielder to partner with Keita next season, leaving Lallana/Coutinho (if he stays) at the top of the triangle.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5270: Nov 26, 2017 04:40:57 pm
      180mins now without winning a tackle, as a DM too.
      That’s like Migs letting in the only shot on target in our 3 previous league games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5271: Nov 26, 2017 04:51:39 pm
      Stats don't tell the full story.

Tackles won only count if you dispossess the opposition player with the ball. So if you win the ball and it goes out the Opta stats don't count that as a tackle won!

I saw him clearly taking the ball off Chelsea players yesterday.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #5272: Nov 26, 2017 10:24:34 pm
      Klopp what win things and maybe win league he keep pick Henderson he not manger taught he was
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #5273: Nov 26, 2017 10:25:21 pm
      Henderson one worse players see in Liverpool shirt he fit in with owl as manger
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #5274: Nov 27, 2017 04:10:56 am
      Klopp what win things and maybe win league he keep pick Henderson he not manger taught he was

Henderson one worse players see in Liverpool shirt he fit in with owl as manger

Type.

Stop.

Reread.

Rewrite.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5275: Nov 27, 2017 05:38:06 am
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #5276: Dec 07, 2017 03:51:37 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #5277: Dec 08, 2017 01:00:52 pm
      Personally think Henderson will be leaving in the Summer, Klopp has come out and protected him but at the same time has 'rested' him in important games.

What i think is going on is Klopp is looking at how to play post Henderson. I think Hendo before his (heel) injury was a veracious engine for us and kept us ticking and was really crucial to the way we played. But now i see a shadow of that player, instead someone who is lacking confidence to play the right passes and the the ability to execute them.

For me he is neither a defensive midfielder nor a playmaker. Some say box to box midfielder? But to be that you need to be able to score and well he just doesn't have that in his locker in my opinion.

Time will tell.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5278: Dec 08, 2017 04:33:41 pm
      Personally think Henderson will be leaving in the Summer, Klopp has come out and protected him but at the same time has 'rested' him in important games.

What i think is going on is Klopp is looking at how to play post Henderson. I think Hendo before his (heel) injury was a veracious engine for us and kept us ticking and was really crucial to the way we played. But now i see a shadow of that player, instead someone who is lacking confidence to play the right passes and the the ability to execute them.

For me he is neither a defensive midfielder nor a playmaker. Some say box to box midfielder? But to be that you need to be able to score and well he just doesn't have that in his locker in my opinion.

Time will tell.

Seeing how when Can is in the deep role it's in a 4-4-2 along with Gini and when Hendo plays its the 4-3-3 with by himself covering the 2 CB's as the backs bomb forward he's the closest thing to a defensive mid we have.

He must look at that 4-4-2 and wonder why he can't sit back with a partner.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #5279: Dec 08, 2017 04:38:08 pm
      Seeing how when Can is in the deep role it's in a 4-4-2 along with Gini and when Hendo plays its the 4-3-3 with by himself covering the 2 CB's as the backs bomb forward he's the closest thing to a defensive mid we have.

He must look at that 4-4-2 and wonder why he can't sit back with a partner.
      The only answer to that mate - whether anyone agrees or not - is that Jürgen has more faith in him individually than the alternatives.

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5280: Dec 08, 2017 05:38:30 pm
      The only answer to that mate - whether anyone agrees or not - is that Jürgen has more faith in him individually than the alternatives.

That's how I see it.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #5281: Dec 10, 2017 09:36:25 am

Don't know why but that line reminded me of this haha

https://youtu.be/b-Z9RtATUKg

Hilarious film
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5282: Dec 28, 2017 08:56:06 pm
      Henderson out until February.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5283: Dec 28, 2017 08:59:21 pm

That is disappointing to hear, gutted for him :(
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #5284: Dec 28, 2017 09:02:16 pm
      Might as well be out till May .

Its only a matter of time before he gets shipped out.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5285: Dec 29, 2017 03:15:34 am
      Just hit a run of form. Injured for months. F**k sake same old story for him. Gutted.

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #5286: Dec 29, 2017 03:13:57 pm
      Done with Hendo. He's been a passanger too often this and last season. Captain? Hardly. Doesn't have the talent or the leadership skills for it. Shouldn't even be starting. In fact, I'd move Milner to mid as a defensive midfielder, will do a far better job in protecting the back four.

Cut loose in the summer and hope that Keita settles in quickly.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5287: Dec 29, 2017 04:33:29 pm
      Done with Hendo. He's been a passanger too often this and last season. Captain? Hardly. Doesn't have the talent or the leadership skills for it. Shouldn't even be starting. In fact, I'd move Milner to mid as a defensive midfielder, will do a far better job in protecting the back four.

Cut loose in the summer and hope that Keita settles in quickly.
      Agree, he never looked like hitting any form this season. Only time he had an impressive run was one season where Suarez was here and we finished second. Other than that he got praised for average performances because he was usually worse. We've done better in the games without him. He's injured too often as well. I would have benched him so teams like West Ham and Stoke will start to make offers. Those teams are about his level. 10-15m would do it. Should have never been more than a squad player.
      « Last Edit: Dec 29, 2017 04:37:45 pm by Ribapuru »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5288: Dec 29, 2017 10:12:26 pm
      Didn't realise he's out until Feb. To be honest, when your club captain is out injured and you don't really miss him, I think that says it all about his position at the club.

Squad player, nothing more.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5289: Dec 29, 2017 10:48:29 pm
      To be honest doubt the gaffer gives a rats ass as to the captain.... personally think it's more of an England thing than it is in the rest of the world..Imagine it would be better to have 11 captains on the pitch with none of them wearing an armband.

Quick Reply