Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 730690 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5566: Jul 12, 2018 05:20:39 am
      Don't hate him, I just know he isn't good enough for the club I support.

Probably best to talk this over with Jürgen and give him a piece of your mind.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #5567: Jul 12, 2018 01:28:18 pm
      Probably best to talk this over with Jürgen and give him a piece of your mind.

Not really sure what you mean by this but if I ever get the opportunity to have a pint with Jürgen I'd give my opinions.

I wouldn't be one of those reds who licks his arse and agrees with absolutely everything he says and does.

For starters, his persistence with both Karius and Mignolet has been nothing but a joke. Even if theres no money for the keeper he wants, give bloody Ward a chance.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5568: Jul 12, 2018 02:32:12 pm
      Not really sure what you mean by this but if I ever get the opportunity to have a pint with Jürgen I'd give my opinions.

I wouldn't be one of those reds who licks his arse and agrees with absolutely everything he says and does.

For starters, his persistence with both Karius and Mignolet has been nothing but a joke. Even if theres no money for the keeper he wants, give bloody Ward a chance.

Yeah I wouldn't mind asking Jürgen that as well, also why he still employs Achterburg is a mystery.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5569: Jul 13, 2018 06:03:27 pm
      As much as I like Jordan and think he generally played well in the World Cup, his tendency to try those long balls can be infuriating at times.

https://twitter.com/kaibardal/status/1017365041618800640
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #5570: Jul 13, 2018 06:54:38 pm
      As much as I like Jordan and think he generally played well in the World Cup, his tendency to try those long balls can be infuriating at times.

https://twitter.com/kaibardal/status/1017365041618800640

Nothing new in this video at all, it happens every single week, but we refuse to discuss it as a fan base and anybody who does gets shot down and even labelled as a wum.

Some people actually think he's boss as well. Utter madness.
      CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #5571: Jul 13, 2018 07:03:33 pm
      Nothing new in this video at all, it happens every single week, but we refuse to discuss it as a fan base and anybody who does gets shot down and even labelled as a wum.

Is there anyone on this team you even like? You're not a fan of the Shaqiri transfer and do not like Henderson or Lovren or Karius, so if your time spent here is mainly criticizing our players then why are you surprised if people label you as a wum?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #5572: Jul 13, 2018 07:06:45 pm

Yet he still gets picked by every manager he's played under.

I see he is now getting criticised for playing too many long forward balls now and not keeping it tidy and playing safe.

Might be a novel idea but maybe he's playing to the instruction of his coach?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #5573: Jul 13, 2018 07:12:33 pm
      Is there anyone on this team you even like? You're not a fan of the Shaqiri transfer and do not like Henderson or Lovren or Karius, so if your time spent here is mainly criticizing our players then why are you surprised if people label you as a wum?

Yeah I'm a wum. How many games do you get to in a season I wonder?

And you're right I don't rate those three because they're not good enough for Liverpool. 

Well they are, if we're happy finishing fourth or lower like you obviously are you F***ing cretin.

And no I don't rate shaqiri. Even as backup it's a poor signing. I don't see the point. We should be signing players who have the potential to take a shirt off players in our first 11. Who does he replace in our first 11? F***ing no one. So I'd have preferred to have gambled on Wilson and put that 13m towards a keeper or centre half because I'll tell you this, I'll be F***ing fuming if we don't sign anyone else we've brought in F***ing shaqiri instead.

And people like you pick on certain things posters say and refuse to mention the other things they've repeatedly said.  I've said our attack is the best in Europe, I've said VVD is the best cb in the league, Robbo is the best left back in the league.

We aren't far away (something else i repeatedly say) but there's three positions or players we neee to upgrade on if we are going to progress and people like you just can't see it.

CT_LFC

• 6,808 posts | 1402 
      Reply #5574: Jul 13, 2018 07:13:56 pm
      oh name calling, you must feel like a big boy.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5575: Jul 13, 2018 07:18:35 pm
      To be fair, other than Shaqiri who we can't judge yet... those 3 players you named hardly have total fan backing.
      It's not like you said Firmino, Salah and Van Dijk is it?
      Personally I think Henderson is massively overrated by some. He is average and does the job he is told to do.
      He doesn't do it spectacularly, but he's never been the worse problem in the team.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #5576: Jul 13, 2018 07:21:41 pm
      oh name calling, you must feel like a big boy.

No I just get wound up when people like you call people like me a wum. I've spent more money following this club than you can imagine but keep sitting in your arm chair abusing match goers who have an opinion that differs from yours mate.

F**k me if Liverpool got relegated and I came on here and said these players aren't good enough id still get divvys like you saying but but you're supposed to support them and you can never say anything bad or criticise them ever.

Sick of them reds who think they're mega super fans. Do my head right in. Don't mind if you think Henderson, Lovren, Karius are all good enough. You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't agree with it and I will tell you that you have no idea on what it takes to win the league then. But don't blast people and call them wums just because they don't agree with you and think everything's oh so wonderful and every single player we have is world class.

You would think after 30 years of going without a league title that our fans would be able to see a player who isn't good enough a mile off. It amazes me how they don't.

Just look at that video Diego posted ffs. That's our F***ing captain.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5577: Jul 13, 2018 07:57:57 pm
      No I just get wound up when people like you call people like me a wum. I've spent more money following this club than you can imagine but keep sitting in your arm chair abusing match goers who have an opinion that differs from yours mate.

F**k me if Liverpool got relegated and I came on here and said these players aren't good enough id still get divvys like you saying but but you're supposed to support them and you can never say anything bad or criticise them ever.

Sick of them reds who think they're mega super fans. Do my head right in. Don't mind if you think Henderson, Lovren, Karius are all good enough. You're entitled to your opinion, I just don't agree with it and I will tell you that you have no idea on what it takes to win the league then. But don't blast people and call them wums just because they don't agree with you and think everything's oh so wonderful and every single player we have is world class.

You would think after 30 years of going without a league title that our fans would be able to see a player who isn't good enough a mile off. It amazes me how they don't.

Just look at that video Diego posted ffs. That's our f**king captain.

You know, I would be in your shoes now and pretty much bang on and on and on about his possession play and composure, but we finally fixed that problem and upgraded, so I don't see the need to point out his flaws as much because I feel... or rather hope we get to see Hendo become more of a secondary midfielder than the alpha/hub player.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #5578: Jul 13, 2018 10:23:27 pm
      Yet he still gets picked by every manager he's played under.

I see he is now getting criticised for playing too many long forward balls now and not keeping it tidy and playing safe.

Might be a novel idea but maybe he's playing to the instruction of his coach?

To be fair he does those random long balls to nowhere when he is playing for us too.

Sure he hits the odd decent long ball but the majority are sh*te.

I think we're going to see what a real decent DM can do in the league this season with fabinho.

Just watching him in the friendlys you can see he will be a massive upgrade.

I know it's only been sh*te teams and friendlys but he looks like he hardly does F**k all but still bossed the midfield.

Can't wait to see him when he is settled and really trying.

As for Hendo, I can see him getting pushed out of the first 11 to be honest.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #5579: Jul 13, 2018 10:31:11 pm
      The forum has been crying out for a thread like this ever since Lucas bailed to Italy 😊
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5580: Jul 13, 2018 11:10:03 pm

So can I, but there are far worse options than having him on the bench/adding depth to the team.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5581: Jul 13, 2018 11:14:40 pm
      I know it's only been sh*te teams and friendlys but he looks like he hardly does f**k all but still bossed the midfield.

What you have seen from Fabinho is what you are gonna get in in the big matches. He has been doing it last 2 seasons at the highest level.

I am not so sure tbh. I like to think with Keita in the team, we don't necessary need another creative #10/AMC, so I can see Hendo and Wijnaldum fighting for that 3rd midfield spot and being used as a box-boxer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #5582: Jul 13, 2018 11:18:11 pm
      What you have seen from Fabinho is what you are gonna get in in the big matches. He has been doing it last 2 seasons at the highest level.

I am not so sure tbh. I like to think with Keita in the team, we don't necessary need another creative #10/AMC, so I can see Hendo and Wijnaldum fighting for that 3rd midfield spot and being used as a box-boxer.

Where does that leave Lallana and when he is back Ox?

Good options for the boss I suppose, something we have bemoaned over the last couple of years.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5583: Jul 13, 2018 11:29:46 pm

Good options for the boss I suppose, something we have bemoaned over the last couple of years.

Argh, I really really like Lallana and Ox, I don't know. Certainly wouldn't like to be in Klopp's shoes right now!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5584: Jul 13, 2018 11:29:59 pm

Think he's on his last legs with us, I like Lallana but in 4 seasons, he's only actually had the one decent season. Out of all our midfielders, he is the one I really struggle seeing a place for because he's never really been much of an impact player off the bench.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #5585: Jul 14, 2018 09:14:01 am
      So can I, but there are far worse options than having him on the bench/adding depth to the team.

Yeah that's the good thing about how we are signing people now isn't it.

Were finally signing people who are better than our first 11 for the most part of our transfers.

Which instantly pushes a decent player to the bench. Now instead of having to throw a kid on we actually have a group of experienced first teamers coming on.

It should make a massive difference.

Like Shaqiri for example, it's going to be a lot better replacing Mo or Mane with him rather than Ings.

Can't F***ing wait to see how we are this season. Because with just Fabinho and Keita our ability to dominate the midfield looks so much easier.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #5586: Jul 14, 2018 09:19:52 am

Yeah he looks so confident and assured.

To be honest I wouldn't really mind Henderson playing alongside Fabinho really.

I think Fabinho looks a lot better playing out from the DM role and having Henderson recycling possession back to him will make a massive difference compared to what we have now with Henderson recycling to the defence.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #5587: Jul 14, 2018 09:23:37 am

Think he needs a good injury free season myself.

He's headed down the Sturridge path isn't he. I wouldn't be planning any major tactics around him if I was the boss because you just know he's gonna be fu**ed again soon.

Think he is going to have to be used as just a rotational player this season.
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 300 posts | 13 
      Reply #5588: Jul 18, 2018 02:50:57 pm
      This is Just a thought of mine and I am not in anyway against Jordan Henderson. I would like to see/convert Jordan Henderson in to a center back like what Barcelona did with Mascherano. I bet he will be two times better than Dejan Lovern and the switch will be easily give Henderson another 250+ caps for us. It will be like a new player.         

Quick Reply