Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720289 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5658: Sep 11, 2018 06:02:01 pm
      Amazing how opinion differs, you say he seems to not want the ball but I see it exactly opposite, always moving and always making himself available to receive it.

Perhaps m,ore importantly, when another player has the ball you can see them looking for Henderson, then giving it to him.

Other times, he'll point somewhere else.
      It's clear he dictates our play.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5659: Sep 11, 2018 09:10:01 pm
      Check out the JĆ¼rgen thread and all the accolades and plaudits he gets for the type of football we now play and the results we are getting.
      Then come on here to find the very same people indirectly slagging him off as a numpty who should know better than playing Henderson his Captain.
      I'll go with JĆ¼rgen on the Henderson issue.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #5660: Sep 11, 2018 10:34:49 pm
      I get both angles to some extent. No doubt he is a fantastic player but he can be so frustrating to watch. When you see him demand the ball only to pass it straight back to the player he has received it from, that infuriates me. Quite often he is under no pressure but itā€™s as if he just wants to get a touch of the ball but lacks the confidence to turn and pick a pass.

No disrespect to the guy because, as I said before, he is a fantastic player but personally not who I would want to feature in the important games. Milner, Gini, Keita would be my choice - with Fabinho potentially replacing Gini if he is what he is cracked up to be. Then again, what do I know in comparison with Klopp, we can only really wait and see quite how he rates Hendo now there is some serious competition.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5661: Sep 12, 2018 04:33:01 am
      Ultimately heā€™s not a world class player, never has been and never will be. He wouldnā€™t get in some other top teams and you look at our team and heā€™s far from being the first name on the team sheet and there will be plenty of times heā€™s rotated this season because he simply isnā€™t at the level of someone like Keita.

Doesnā€™t mean heā€™s a bad player though, or that he isnā€™t good at what he does, or isnā€™t a good player to have adding depth to the team and giving the manager options. I never see Hendo not wanting the ball, just because he tells others where to pass it doesnā€™t mean he doesnā€™t want it...Van Dijk does the same, Gerrard done the same, doesnā€™t make them hiding from the ball, itā€™s because theyā€™ve seen that someone is in a better position than them to receive the ball and do something better than what they could in that situation.

I donā€™t deny the fact that thereā€™s plenty of times Iā€™ve said heā€™s gone missing, against Leicester that was a poor midfield display from us and Hendo was a big part of it on that day, he was a too slow to react and to go closing players down. But then there will be games where he puts in a quality performance. Heā€™s a good player, not world class but good and I donā€™t get why there is so much drama around him from some people, itā€™s Lucas all over again. Not a top class player but you can never accuse him of a lack of effort or not playing for the shirt.

People moaned we didnā€™t have depth to the team and then when we have it people still moan about the players adding the depth.

Heā€™s here for years to come, some people really had better get used to it.

skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 256 
      Reply #5662: Sep 13, 2018 04:01:27 pm
      I get both angles to some extent. No doubt he is a fantastic player but he can be so frustrating to watch. When you see him demand the ball only to pass it straight back to the player he has received it from, that infuriates me. Quite often he is under no pressure but itā€™s as if he just wants to get a touch of the ball but lacks the confidence to turn and pick a pass.

No disrespect to the guy because, as I said before, he is a fantastic player but personally not who I would want to feature in the important games. Milner, Gini, Keita would be my choice - with Fabinho potentially replacing Gini if he is what he is cracked up to be. Then again, what do I know in comparison with Klopp, we can only really wait and see quite how he rates Hendo now there is some serious competition.
      Sorry mate my English is really poor but if you describe Hendo a fantastic player then what kind of  words you would use to describe the like of Gerrard, Alonso etc.

« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018 04:05:54 pm by skolRED »
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #5663: Sep 13, 2018 05:34:03 pm
      Sorry mate my English is really poor but if you describe Hendo a fantastic player then what kind of  words you would use to describe the like of Gerrard, Alonso etc.
      Legend, World Class, Elite. Hope this helps.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 807 posts | 112 
      Reply #5664: Sep 13, 2018 08:08:15 pm

People always tend to forget the fact that even you sit on the bench of a team at the bottom of the Premier League, you are still in the top 0.01% footballers in the world.

Jordan may not be world class but he is definitely a fantastic football player.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5665: Sep 13, 2018 08:33:00 pm
      is definitely a fantastic football player.
      No he is not. That depends on opinion.
      In my opinion he is average for a top 6 team.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5666: Sep 13, 2018 08:39:41 pm
      No he is not. That depends on opinion.
      In my opinion he is average for a top 6 team.

a bit like saying your a Div 1 type poster about to be relegated to Div2 just an opinion
      « Last Edit: Sep 13, 2018 08:44:31 pm by waltonl4 »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5667: Sep 13, 2018 11:00:56 pm
      a bit like saying your a Div 1 type poster about to be relegated to Div2 just an opinion
      Did you get a prize for that?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5668: Sep 14, 2018 07:13:22 am
      Everyone has an opinion- however a lot are based on asthetics rather than understanding. Part of the issue is that he and his role is not actually typical for an ā€œEnglishā€ style of player and bluntly a lot of people just donā€™t value what he does because heā€™s not marauding forward etc and doesnā€™t have the flair / swagger of some.

Again - every manager in his career has made him a mainstay and / or captain and over a 60 odd game season weā€™re a much better side with him in it......

He would feature regularly for every top 6 team (yes City included).

Why - because he performs a vital role and keeps the ball moving.....thatā€™s what the short passing is about the oppo has to keep moving / re-setting and heā€™s inviting men on to leave holes.

He was poor against Leicester - so was everyone bar Gomez and Robbo in my book. 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5669: Sep 14, 2018 08:33:19 am
      Every time Henderson puts in an average performance he gets rated MOTM, yet when he is poor... most players were? See how this gets on some people's nerves? We weren't that bad or we wouldn't have won.

It's amazing how quickly people praised mediocrity when England were doing okay, with Henderson involved in record undefeated games. What do they have to say now Henderson is involved in England's record loss streak? Blame  other players? Just blame Henderson for a win not a loss? Statistically stupid people.

About Henderson, if he were a tin in the supermarket it would read as this: Tesco Value Jordan Henderson. Utility footballer.. great when first team is injured.

Penalty kicks x
      Captain ability x
      Shooting x
      Accurate passing x
      Game changer x
      Useful passes x
      Pick balls up at the back āœ“

We take no responsibility for miss using our product, in the event of continued use in 3 or more games in a row please seek emergency help. Warning: may contain derps.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5670: Sep 14, 2018 09:56:23 am

there is a point when people ignore you because you don't know when to leave a subject alone. Your attacks on Henderson fly in the face of what a Liverpool supporter should do basically if you cant say something good about a player better to say nothing at all.
      JĆ¼rgen has a picture of his team and what he needs to make it successful and he has decided he want Henderson in his team and he has done for all the time he has been fit and available your opinion is  the opposite to man who actually matters the manager.
      We need to get behind all the players as it used to be the fact that if they had a red shirt on they were good enough it would be nice to get back to that. Criticise poor performances when necessary but stop continually trying to sell the myth he isn't any good.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5671: Sep 14, 2018 10:21:20 am
      Every time Henderson puts in an average performance he gets rated MOTM, yet when he is poor... most players were? See how this gets on some people's nerves? We weren't that bad or we wouldn't have won.

It's amazing how quickly people praised mediocrity when England were doing okay, with Henderson involved in record undefeated games. What do they have to say now Henderson is involved in England's record loss streak? Blame  other players? Just blame Henderson for a win not a loss? Statistically stupid people.

About Henderson, if he were a tin in the supermarket it would read as this: Tesco Value Jordan Henderson. Utility footballer.. great when first team is injured.

Penalty kicks x
      Captain ability x
      Shooting x
      Accurate passing x
      Game changer x
      Useful passes x
      Pick balls up at the back āœ“

We take no responsibility for miss using our product, in the event of continued use in 3 or more games in a row please seek emergency help. Warning: may contain derps.

Thatā€™s just white noise Ribs.

Minus the originality.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5672: Sep 14, 2018 11:02:20 am
      there is a point when people ignore you because you don't know when to leave a subject alone. Your attacks on Henderson fly in the face of what a Liverpool supporter should do basically if you cant say something good about a player better to say nothing at all.
      JĆ¼rgen has a picture of his team and what he needs to make it successful and he has decided he want Henderson in his team and he has done for all the time he has been fit and available your opinion is  the opposite to man who actually matters the manager.
      We need to get behind all the players as it used to be the fact that if they had a red shirt on they were good enough it would be nice to get back to that. Criticise poor performances when necessary but stop continually trying to sell the myth he isn't any good.
      Broken argument. Some people come in here to troll "Fantastic footballer"  :f_doh:
      Aguero, Pogba, Kante are fantastic.
      Salah, Suarez, Ronaldo, Messi are world class
      Henderson is... okay.
      Liverpool are not okay, we are great.. we should have a great captain.

Before you say "3 Liverpool managers backed Henderson"
      Kenny signed him, he also signed Downing and Carroll.
      Rodgers tried to sell Henderson and he started crying... seriously! If you don't believe it .. Google it.
      Klopp inherited the captain and has had bigger problems, Goalkeeper, Defence.. he is getting round to DM now.
      Klopp won't say "Henderson sucks" he is a top manager, he will say he is a great footballer, whilst secretly replacing him.
      Fabinho is obviously his long term replacement..even with Fabinho not starting yet and Ox injured, Henderson has not been a regular this season yet and the Hendonites are blaming fitness after months of rest... yeah yeah, that old chestnut!
      Nobody is saying he will be sold, but he will be replaced in the starting 11 if he has not been already.

Player minutes so far;

Gini: 360
      Milner: 335
      Kieta: 265
      Hendo: 136

He is obviously not tired, so lets see if he starts against Spurs or not and if he does, what kind of performance he produces.
      Regardless if people back him or doubt him, he is the player everyone is looking at right now.. either to prove doubters right or wrong.
      « Last Edit: Sep 14, 2018 11:13:12 am by Ribapuru »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5673: Sep 14, 2018 11:17:57 am
      Go find me another poster who compared Hendo to a tin of beans please.
      Then maybe a sticker fairy will give you a good poster sticker that you have been trying so hard to obtain!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5674: Sep 14, 2018 11:22:56 am
      Itā€™s getting boring now.

Heā€™s the captain and here to stay. Letā€™s get behind him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5675: Sep 14, 2018 11:39:19 am
      He is clearly a good player probably not elite level.

He would get in the Arsenal and Spurs midfield as he is better than Dier and Xhaka.

He is a bit of a dilemma in that I donā€™t think he excels at playing in the No 6 position but the way JĆ¼rgen wants full throttle football his athleticism and fitness is invaluable for a squad.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5676: Sep 14, 2018 11:43:29 am
      Itā€™s getting boring now.

Heā€™s the captain and here to stay. Letā€™s get behind him.
      I will try to get behind him.
      I won't say another negative comment about Henderson unless he performs dreadful or people call him fantastic.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5677: Sep 14, 2018 11:51:14 am
      Go find me another poster who compared Hendo to a tin of beans please.
      Then maybe a sticker fairy will give you a good poster sticker that you have been trying so hard to obtain!

Utterly preposterous post.

Just stop acting like an agenda driven child in the playground with this one.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5678: Sep 14, 2018 11:57:02 am
      Utterly preposterous post.

Just stop acting like an agenda driven child in the playground with this one.
      Looks like I hit a nerve. Sorry  :f_whistle:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5679: Sep 14, 2018 01:51:56 pm

you are child like because despite the fact nobody has said Henderson is the answer to World peace you claim everyone has and only your point of view is a valid one. Its boring as F**k you have an Agenda and now you have backed yourself into a corner where you can only comment negatively on the lad or look like an idiot.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #5680: Sep 14, 2018 02:24:07 pm

You donā€™t need to apologise Ribs.

Just be better.

Thereā€™s a good lad.

Quick Reply