Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 729574 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5796: Sep 18, 2018 10:46:46 pm
      Really pleased for the Lad he constantly pushed people around talking all the game made some great tackles and passes.
      Strangely enough apart from Mane and Salah we were immense

Apart from Mane?

Really!

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,610 posts | 3915 
      Reply #5797: Sep 18, 2018 11:20:48 pm
      Played a blinder
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5798: Sep 18, 2018 11:26:48 pm
      That's simply not true. If Henderson has a fantastic game I will have only positive words.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5799: Sep 18, 2018 11:38:42 pm
      Henderson did well today, good on him.
      I expect more like today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,727 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5800: Sep 19, 2018 01:43:59 am
      Played a ripper of a game. How pissed off was he when they scored their second?

Then you see replays of our goals and there is Hendo celebrating like a mad man. Well done tonight Jordan.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6366 
      Reply #5801: Sep 19, 2018 12:14:44 pm
      Great game by Jordan last night. Really an unsung hero. Did everything really well and was always there to help mop up trouble.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #5802: Sep 19, 2018 12:16:32 pm
      I thought he started the game slowly but after about 20 minutes maybe he really grew into it.

I thought he did a lot of 'donkey work' that went unnoticed. He made a few interceptions and some crunching tackles which is what I want to see from my captain.

It was a good performance from Hendo last night. Maybe some competition in the squad will improve his consistency levels.

Well done jordan.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #5803: Sep 27, 2018 12:04:53 pm
      Thought he did well when he came on in the more advanced role but once he dropped back it was was a different story.

He just couldn’t get close to Hazard, admittedly he can do that to the best of players.

Henderson can do a decent job against the dross playing as the No6 but against quality players we have seen too many of last nights closing moments.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5804: Sep 27, 2018 12:20:31 pm
      Hazard started out wide right were was Moreno?. Where were the CB's and why is it always Hendersons fault with some people.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5805: Sep 27, 2018 12:23:33 pm
      Thought he did well when he came on in the more advanced role but once he dropped back it was was a different story.

He just couldn’t get close to Hazard, admittedly he can do that to the best of players.

Henderson can do a decent job against the dross playing as the No6 but against quality players we have seen too many of last nights closing moments.

Hard to get close to a player given a free role, when your responsibility is to hold and protect the back four.
      The whole point of giving Hazard a free role is to create space for others to exploit.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,804 posts | 1399 
      Reply #5806: Sep 27, 2018 01:30:51 pm
      The infatuation some people have with Henderson is puzzling.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8543 
      Reply #5807: Sep 27, 2018 01:37:59 pm
      why is it always Hendersons fault with some people.

Got easily wound up by Hazard last night when he came on, I'll be honest I thought he was poor.
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #5808: Sep 28, 2018 12:00:22 am
      Seeing Henderson today reminded me of the 17 times I've said he shouldn't be captain. Shouting uncontrollably at the opposition, getting reprimanded by the ref, making angry tackles... He is much too hot-headed to be wearing the armband. Milner should be first choice captain. No question. Van Dijk should be vice.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5809: Sep 28, 2018 12:03:02 am
      Seeing Henderson today reminded me of the 17 times I've said he shouldn't be captain. Shouting uncontrollably at the opposition, getting reprimanded by the ref, making angry tackles... He is much too hot-headed to be wearing the armband. Milner should be first choice captain. No question. Van Dijk should be vice.

You know, I think it's the first time I have actually seen Hendo lose his cool in a match.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,727 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #5810: Sep 28, 2018 12:44:21 am
      I bet he scores another worldie against those cu*ts on Saturday.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5811: Sep 28, 2018 08:13:46 am

Give 2 other examples of when he’s been a ‘hot head’
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #5812: Sep 28, 2018 08:43:29 am
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5813: Sep 28, 2018 01:28:15 pm
      Give 2 other examples of when he’s been a ‘hot head’

What did you think of his performance as an 8? Whilst it was a short cameo, I thought it worked well and he looked more comfortable there than playing as our hub. I still think he will offer more than Milner in that role if he gets to play it regularly.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #5814: Sep 28, 2018 02:19:47 pm
      What did you think of his performance as an 8? Whilst it was a short cameo, I thought it worked well and he looked more comfortable there than playing as our hub. I still think he will offer more than Milner in that role if he gets to play it regularly.

I like him in the 8 but wish he would be able to add decent long distance strike to his game. He’s shown in the past he’s more than able to do it but seems hesitant to pull the trigger sometimes.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,682 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #5815: Sep 28, 2018 03:21:04 pm

I think that is the definition of a captain. Gerrard lost his head more than once. He looked really pissed in a cup game, he wanted it so much.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #5816: Sep 28, 2018 03:33:27 pm

Funnily enough I thought Hendo looked more like a captain than I have ever seen him look before the other night.

Sure he lost his cool at the end out of sheer frustration we were being robbed but I was impressed with how captain like he performed.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5817: Sep 28, 2018 06:00:48 pm
      Henderson is rather tame. This hot head talk is ridiculous. He needs more aggression if you ask me.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #5818: Sep 29, 2018 04:26:13 am
      Henderson is rather tame. This hot head talk is ridiculous. He needs more aggression if you ask me.

Might be the first time I agree with you.

Quick Reply