Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 727606 times
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5842: Sep 30, 2018 04:03:34 pm
      Currently sitting at 29 recoveries this season after 344 minutes on the field, means he wins the ball back for us every 11 minutes
      Milner is at 50 in 558 so has the same average
      Gini 40 and 610 so every 15 minutes

His average passes per game are lower than Milner and Gini with a similar % of forward passes (according to whoscored). He is averaging 0.1 dispossessions (meaning he loses the ball) per game, Gini is 1.4 and Milner 0.4. He is averaging 0.1 bad touches per game, Milner is 1.4 per game and Gini is 1.6. On average, someone gets past Henderson 0.6 times per game.

Lots to work on such as key passes and through balls also having more shots on goal. However, Gini and Milner are having very good seasons and being rightly praised. Henderson is playing well and once again being slaughtered by haters. Now the stats show he's playing just as well as Gini or Milner, I don't agree with this however to say he's playing 'sh*te' and then also turn round and say Gini and Milner are playing out of this world just shows an opinion which is biased against Henderson from the start.

I'm not Henderson hater, but frustrate watching him play.

As for his high rate of winning the ball back, that's good, but when you not responsibility to create for the attack then more chance you can chase opponents.

As for his low rate of losing the ball, when you do not dribble, no pass forward, very few through pass, no killer pass and almost never keep the ball over 3 seconds then it's lower the risk of losing the ball.

If Klopp not ask him to do a job as main support for attacking then I want to see Hendo to play major role on defensive. I expect him to cover the full back intelligently as they often push much further. I expect him to read the play more intelligently to stop the treats to do proactive, not reactive defence.   

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5843: Sep 30, 2018 04:34:48 pm
      I'm not Henderson hater, but frustrate watching him play.

As for his high rate of winning the ball back, that's good, but when you not responsibility to create for the attack then more chance you can chase opponents.

As for his low rate of losing the ball, when you do not dribble, no pass forward, very few through pass, no killer pass and almost never keep the ball over 3 seconds then it's lower the risk of losing the ball.

If Klopp not ask him to do a job as main support for attacking then I want to see Hendo to play major role on defensive. I expect him to cover the full back intelligently as they often push much further. I expect him to read the play more intelligently to stop the treats to do proactive, not reactive defence.   

Sorry to pick out only a small part of a good post, but this is an issue.

He has more dribbles per game than Gini, he also has around the same amount of forward passes per game.

People are have confirmation bias with Henderson and seem to notice it when he passes sideways or backwards because they're looking for it. If people started looking for Gini, Milner or other midfields (Jorginho for example) passing 'sideways' then you'd find it in abundance.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5844: Sep 30, 2018 04:49:30 pm

He has more dribbles per game than Gini, he also has around the same amount of forward passes per game.

People are have confirmation bias with Henderson and seem to notice it when he passes sideways or backwards because they're looking for it. If people started looking for Gini, Milner or other midfields (Jorginho for example) passing 'sideways' then you'd find it in abundance.

Exactly when you have two wing backs that spend most of their time high up in the opposition half the ball has to come out wide or sideways because that is where our attacking play largely starts from.
      We may well get more from Kieta and Fabhino driving more through the middle but people shouldn't think that will mean Henderson will be dropped. I just hate a player in a RED SHIRT getting this amount of crap thrown at them for doing the job the manager asks him to do.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5845: Sep 30, 2018 05:18:41 pm
      Currently sitting at 29 recoveries this season after 344 minutes on the field, means he wins the ball back for us every 11 minutes
      Milner is at 50 in 558 so has the same average
      Gini 40 and 610 so every 15 minutes

His average passes per game are lower than Milner and Gini with a similar % of forward passes (according to whoscored). He is averaging 0.1 dispossessions (meaning he loses the ball) per game, Gini is 1.4 and Milner 0.4. He is averaging 0.1 bad touches per game, Milner is 1.4 per game and Gini is 1.6. On average, someone gets past Henderson 0.6 times per game.

Lots to work on such as key passes and through balls also having more shots on goal. However, Gini and Milner are having very good seasons and being rightly praised. Henderson is playing well and once again being slaughtered by haters. Now the stats show he's playing just as well as Gini or Milner, I don't agree with this however to say he's playing 'sh*te' and then also turn round and say Gini and Milner are playing out of this world just shows an opinion which is biased against Henderson from the start.
      those stats don't matter. It matters how the team performs when he plays. In the last 2 games we've conceded 3 goals whilst he was on the pitch and scored none. He was already the worst team goal for and against per minute stat before counting the last two games, I shudder to think what the updated stats will be. There's a lot more to a game than recoveries and passes. Look at team stats when every player is on and off the field since the start of the season. Not previous seasons or when he was competing with Joe Allen and Charlie Adams.
      « Last Edit: Sep 30, 2018 05:23:05 pm by Ribapuru »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5846: Sep 30, 2018 05:20:14 pm
      those stats don't matter. It matters how the team performs when he plays. In the last 2 games we've conceded 3 goals whilst he was on the pitch and scored none. He was already the worst positive goal per minute stat before counting the last two games, I shudder to think what the updated stats will be. There's a lot more to a game than recoveries and passes.

STOP DELIBERATELY WINDING UP THE FORUM WITH YOUR UTTER UTTER GARBAGE POSTS
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5847: Sep 30, 2018 05:25:22 pm
      What a jerk. Trying to silence my opinion and stats with WUM claims. Do one.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5848: Sep 30, 2018 05:33:37 pm
      There needs to be two Henderson threads.

1) Lets overhype Henderson to be world class:
      This is the forum for posters who like to say how amazing those 5 feet side passes are and why he's the league's best.

2) Let's have a moan about Henderson:

You get the idea...

This will solve everything. The opinion about Henderson is ridiculously divided more than any player. Some posters can't accept different opinions so it might reduce tension.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #5849: Sep 30, 2018 05:34:43 pm
      Henderson is prob our worst player well maybe Moreno ;D . He can't shoot , pass or even head a ball . Never had a motm performance that I can rem . He can't even put his foot through the ball , everything is side footed . He's bollocks
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5850: Sep 30, 2018 06:06:30 pm

Those who know football know Hendersons role and can see that he does it well.

Those who don't know football jump on a bandwagon, because they don't understand his role and so can't see that he does it well.

A fine player, a fine athlete and a fine captain.
      He'll do for me, and F**k the begrudgers.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #5851: Sep 30, 2018 06:08:30 pm
      U obviously know nothing bout football ;D u mean to tell me he is a great player and captain . You are deluded my friend
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5852: Sep 30, 2018 06:09:44 pm

Chill mate, you're just giving him the attention he wants.

Best to ignore him.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5853: Sep 30, 2018 06:18:13 pm
      U obviously know nothing bout football ;D u mean to tell me he is a great player and captain . You are deluded my friend

Like Dalglish, Rogers and Klopp are deluded?

I'm in fine company then, and I can live with that.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #5854: Sep 30, 2018 06:25:51 pm
      He's the worst player in our team . He can't even run ffs ;D
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #5855: Sep 30, 2018 06:26:28 pm
      U honestly think he should be on our starting 11 ? Really !!!
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #5856: Sep 30, 2018 06:38:42 pm
      those stats don't matter. It matters how the team performs when he plays. In the last 2 games we've conceded 3 goals whilst he was on the pitch and scored none. He was already the worst team goal for and against per minute stat before counting the last two games, I shudder to think what the updated stats will be. There's a lot more to a game than recoveries and passes. Look at team stats when every player is on and off the field since the start of the season. Not previous seasons or when he was competing with Joe Allen and Charlie Adams.

You do realise you've just said "your stats don't matter only mine do"
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #5857: Sep 30, 2018 07:41:47 pm

That’s how he rolls!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5858: Sep 30, 2018 08:04:38 pm
      U honestly think he should be on our starting 11 ? Really !!!

do you have a problem using the English language? is it difficult for you to spell the word "you"
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5859: Sep 30, 2018 08:09:06 pm

you have to realise his world exists in a 4ft square bubble by his computer in which he is King and his word is final.
      He gets on my friggin tits because he gets away with deliberately winding people up not debating with them because he is too thick to consider another forum members opinion other than his own his self deluded musings.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5860: Sep 30, 2018 08:11:31 pm
      may I suggest to the MODS that he either posts examples of were Forum members have said Henderson is world class or better or tell him to STFU. We have said he is good at doing the job the manager asks him to discipline in itself is a skill not all players have.

WTF why bother.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #5861: Sep 30, 2018 08:16:35 pm
      I see a vast difference when Wijnaldum or Fabinho plays as our 6 compared to Hendo, but I am curious for the supporters of Hendo as our 6, would he be your first choice #6? And if so, what does Hendo offer that Wijnaldum, Keita or Fabinho can not?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5862: Sep 30, 2018 11:50:06 pm
      I see a vast difference when Wijnaldum or Fabinho plays as our 6 compared to Hendo, but I am curious for the supporters of Hendo as our 6, would he be your first choice #6? And if so, what does Hendo offer that Wijnaldum, Keita or Fabinho can not?
      That's how I see it too man.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5863: Sep 30, 2018 11:51:56 pm
      may I suggest to the MODS that he either posts examples of were Forum members have said Henderson is world class or better or tell him to STFU. We have said he is good at doing the job the manager asks him to discipline in itself is a skill not all players have.

WTF why bother.
      You think Henderson is the best thing since sliced bread... I get it and I respect your opinion. I don't rate him myself, lets just accept each others opinions and move on. I do however rate every other regular highly.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #5864: Oct 01, 2018 01:59:09 am
      Some absolute tripe in here. Henderson was awful yesterday. Truly F***ing awful.

What I've noticed about the Henderson debate is that whenever he's done ok or even played well on some occasions, you will find fans (who don't usually rate him) happily admitting that he has, myself included.

Yet when he's had an absolute stinker and just stunk the whole place out then you just get his supporters jumping to his immediate defence and they flat out refuse to accept or admit that he's played sh*te. As rib says, it's bloody frustrating at times. They are the ones with the agenda, not us. Their posts begin to lose any credibility because it's clear that they are just arguing for arguments sake now. They've spent hours, days, weeks arguing in favour of Hendersons performances so they feel they've got to stick to their guns now. It's just embarrassing some of the stuff you read on here though and watching them go on.

There is no denying it, Henderson was sh*te yesterday and he got got dragged off. There is no denying it either that we looked much, much better when he did go off too. That has been the case several times this season where we have looked much better without him in the team.

I can't F***ing stand this whole 'the manager rates him so he must be World class' argument either. It's F***ing boring.  There are several players in our team who won't get dropped. They might occasionally get rested but in general they will be starting the vast majority of our games this season. It's basically the back five and the front three. That's 8 players. So all this 'klopp loves rotation' isn't necessarily true.

If Henderson was that bloody good then he would be the 9th player who would start the vast majority of games for us but he won't.  You will probably get his supporters telling us that the midfield positions need rotating more then what the back five or front three do due to the intensity involved and the ground they cover etc but do you think if klopp had a prime Gerrard in his squad that he would rotate him every other week? No F***ing way.

If klopp rated Henderson so much he wouldn't have spent big on not one, but two midfielders this summer. He obviously thought that midfield was the area that needed strengthening and the players who came in would improve us and take us to the next level.

When Keita is up to scratch then I've got no doubt that he will be the 9th player who will start the vast majority of our games. It's clear already that he's on another level and we play far better when he's in the team.

That leaves two other places in the midfield. As PM asks above me, what can henderson do that gini, Fabinho, Milner can't? Genuine question. What makes henderson so special? What makes him stand out? I wouldn't drop any of those three in favour of henderson right now and I'm completely gobsmacked if somebody genuinely would.

Final thing to say is that those stats posted by Mag are just utter bollocks. We have looked much better without Henderson in the team this season, end of. In particular, Milner and Wijnaldum have looked very good alongside Keita too. That midfield three have worked really well and gelled nicely.

When Henderson has played, the performances of Milner and gini have dropped considerably, especially Wijnaldum. Their stats are bound to he afffected - not that I ever take those type of stats into consideration anyway. Just a load of nonsense to be honest and they never tell the full story. Anybody can see for themselves we've played a lot better without henderson in the team.

Quick Reply