Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 720690 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #5980: Oct 02, 2018 01:23:32 pm
      I think klopp is an amazing boss . But I also think that he is our worst player

Ahh, that must be why the bloke is still knocking around and even getting game time...

Welcome to have your own opinions, but if Klopp is an amazing boss and he has not only kept the lad but keeps playing him too, don't you think you might be wrong in saying he's "sh*te" or our "worst player"?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5981: Oct 02, 2018 01:28:02 pm
      My post about Henderson last night were not my own but taken from various Newspapers but I thought I would see how many of the experts bit and the usual ones did.
      If you look for faults you will find them its interesting to read the posts that are negative about our Captain are all from people who have an arrogance that when they post we should take notice of them.

It's the fact they hide behind "it's my opinion" as if their's is more important than Klopp's.

Cracks me up.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5982: Oct 02, 2018 01:53:38 pm
      What a bunch of baloney. You posted false stats and now you're posting excuses... Poor ones at that.

Walton's credibility after false stats and poor excuses.

People in glass houses....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5983: Oct 02, 2018 01:56:11 pm
      Reading this thread is like:

molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #5984: Oct 02, 2018 02:30:38 pm
      Am saying no more on this thread . Henderson is a crap footballer end of
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5985: Oct 02, 2018 02:40:45 pm
      Am saying no more on this thread . Henderson is a crap footballer end of
      then you must be the Jordan Henderson of poster just behind Rib that is
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #5986: Oct 02, 2018 02:44:51 pm
      What a bunch of baloney. You posted false stats and now you're posting excuses... Poor ones at that.

Walton's credibility after false stats and poor excuses.

you become more moronic with each post. If you bothered you could find all my posts are from various articles from different sources.
      Your an idiot a wind up merchant and to even call yourself a Liverpool supporter is just a joke but you carry on with your little buddies giving each other comforting plusses I expect it gives you a little hard on each time you see one coming your way.

Every Village has an idiot I guess we have found ours. If you continue to post inflammatory lies about me I will complain to the mods.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5987: Oct 02, 2018 03:02:39 pm
      . If you continue to post inflammatory lies about me I will complain to the mods.
      I don't consider them lies, but you can do that. You would have to tell them my post was in your response to a) fake stats then making up excuses  or b) trolling with fake stats on purpose. Upto you which foot you shoot yourself in.
      « Last Edit: Oct 02, 2018 03:13:35 pm by Ribapuru »
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #5988: Oct 02, 2018 03:09:02 pm

What's your problem mate ?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5989: Oct 02, 2018 03:26:30 pm
      Oh seriously, are you guys still at it. About Henderson, of all people. And the whole "you don't know more about football than Klopp" is a bit ridiculous, isn't it? None of us know more than any professional managers who're becoming millionaires in the Premier League - even those you might despise like, I don't know, Sam Allardyce or Roy Hodgson. If only those who actually know more about football than Klopp may criticise any of his decisions, then let's shut down this forum, or turn this into a Pep Guardiola's blog while we all become just readers. Ridiculous.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5990: Oct 02, 2018 03:32:32 pm

From your pov that would make them great posters, highly valued by all managers throughout the world, interesting! ;-)
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #5991: Oct 02, 2018 06:12:05 pm
      This thread and The Rafa thread?? Not sure which is worse.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5992: Oct 04, 2018 01:54:07 pm
      The amount of abuse Henderson is getting on Instagram is unfair. I don't agree he is anywhere near the quality that can be expected for first team, but the comments are too disrespectful. Klopp needs to recognise dropping Henderson could be the kindest thing to do for him right now.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,481 posts | 3286 
      Reply #5993: Oct 04, 2018 08:57:59 pm
      The amount of abuse Henderson is getting on Instagram is unfair. I don't agree he is anywhere near the quality that can be expected for first team, but the comments are too disrespectful. Klopp needs to recognise dropping Henderson could be the kindest thing to do for him right now.

Drop him because clueless penis dribbles on the Internet give him abuse ? Maybe if they were football managers at the highest level people might take notice - whilst they and others on forums spout rubbish they are just a stain on a grandads pants
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5994: Oct 08, 2018 07:28:18 am
      Best midfielder on the pitch yesterday!

Not a touch on Bernado Silva.

Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #5995: Oct 08, 2018 08:10:01 am
      One of his better performances this year but thought Gini was the best of our lot.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #5996: Oct 08, 2018 08:26:32 am
      This is an absolute joke. Henderson did okay in a game where most players did okay or poorly. Some members are exaggerating this performance in what i can only assume to be an attempt to quell doubters. In the first half his defensive work almost made him a 5th centre back. Those saying he has no responsibility to create are talking out their rears! He is a midfielder. It's his responsibility to pass to Kieta or Gini not repeatedly pass to VVD. I'm not the only one who noticed VVD is getting annoyed with the backpasses. In the second half he was invisible most of the time bar 10-15 minutes he was doing well. His performance was a 6.5 overall, like most yesterday. However... Some people just see what they want to see whilst looking through rose tinted goggles.
      « Last Edit: Oct 08, 2018 08:33:46 am by Ribapuru »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,966 posts | 3048 
      Reply #5997: Oct 08, 2018 08:50:01 am
      Played very well in my opinion against a terrific team - who effectively played 4 in the middle in a very high quality match.

Real tactical sophistication evidenced by both teams and meant the players had to be vigilant throughout. He was as was Gini, though understandably Naby struggled a little more.

There’ll be games when we have the opportunity for more craft and guile and we will set up differently.......this wasn’t one of them and he did his job well.

Good recovery / return to form - given he’s taken time to get up to full sharpness.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5998: Oct 08, 2018 11:30:45 am
      One for the stats men..

What was Henderson’s game & passing like under:

Dalglish.
      Rodgers.
      Klopp.

Has Henderson’s passing changed, was he more forward passing & attacking under the previous two managers or has Klopp changed Henderson’s game?

I keep reading he passes back & sideways too often.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #5999: Oct 08, 2018 11:46:10 am
      One for the stats men..

Dalglish.
      Rodgers.
      Klopp.

Has Henderson’s passing changed, was he more forward passing & attacking under the previous two managers or has Klopp changed Henderson’s game?

He was an attacking midfielder previously and seems to have been converted into a DM under Klopp.

So in that DM position theoretically he will have more time and opportunity to play the ball as he should receive the ball from keeper or defenders, so no doubt his figures will be higher now but it comes down to what is he doing with the ball.

I think the argument stems from those who think his role is just to pass in onto others like the full backs or another midfielder, while others see his role as central to controlling and setting up a lot of our attacking play.

He obviously does initiate some attacks but mostly with his long balls but because he is not the most technical he won’t try and turn on the ball and set up an attack by finding a player between the lines. He is quite predictable in his approach play.

Of course the good thing about not playing as many forward passes as say Jorginho or Fernandinho is that he doesn’t give the ball away.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #6000: Oct 08, 2018 11:47:52 am
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #6001: Oct 08, 2018 01:00:08 pm
      Hazard and Mendy aren't midfielders. I think the stats show Henderson's accuracy is nothing special for somebody with so many non forward passes
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #6002: Oct 08, 2018 01:45:31 pm
      One for the stats men..

Dalglish.
      Rodgers.
      Klopp.

This is the area he should face questions. Not the backwards passing bullshit, but his passing in general. It hasn't been as crisp or as well placed since his plantar fascitis. Often slightly over or under hit, not a huge amount, but at his level, it causes problems. But his marshalling in front of the back for yesterday was superb.

Quick Reply