Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Jordan Henderson (Liverpool -> Al-Ettifaq (5 months) -> Ajax)

Read 731115 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,050 posts | 2102 
      Re: Jordan Henderson Player Thread
      Reply #7659: Oct 24, 2021 11:38:30 pm
      Nobody's gonna talk about that pass on Mo's 3rd goal?  ;D Some delicious stuff it was

Masterful. I gave Mo my MOTM for the hattrick but in hindsight I should have given it to Hendo. The scoreline of humiliating Man Utd at Old Trafford may look surreal but watch his performance and you realise there was nothing surreal about it. He kept everything going.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #7660: Oct 24, 2021 11:47:45 pm
      That assist for Salah’s 3rd was like watching Gerrard! Outside of the boot, curved through a couple of players and into his path perfectly.

Seems to have gone completely unnoticed just how good it was because everything else in the game.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #7661: Oct 24, 2021 11:56:43 pm
      That assist for Salah’s 3rd was like watching Gerrard! Outside of the boot, curved through a couple of players and into his path perfectly.

Seems to have gone completely unnoticed just how good it was because everything else in the game.

Not completely unnoticed I alluded to it in the thread magnificent pass
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #7662: Oct 25, 2021 02:20:14 pm
      Nobody's gonna talk about that pass on Mo's 3rd goal?  ;D Some delicious stuff it was

Has to be the assist of the year so far.
      UncleBob
      • Spotify Bob
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,135 posts | 567 
      Reply #7663: Oct 26, 2021 01:05:33 am
      Has to be the assist of the year so far.

Didn’t salah do one almost identical against Watford?
      The weight of the pass was just phenomenal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7664: Oct 26, 2021 01:25:35 am
      What a F***ing ball. Mo didn’t even have to adjust his run …. Supreme!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,226 posts | 918 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #7665: Oct 26, 2021 06:31:26 pm
      Think Hendo plays far to many balls straight back to whoever played the ball to him which is frustrating but what a ball to Salah for his last goal
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #7666: Nov 03, 2021 06:54:28 pm
      Don’t know how to post this but there’s a great little clip of of him on the MOTD Facebook page meeting NHS staff in Liverpool and talking about his Players Together campaign.

Can just see in how he carries himself that he’s a genuine fella, we’re lucky to have a captain like him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #7667: Nov 07, 2021 09:59:27 pm
      While everyone scapegoats the likes of Ox, Naby and Curtis. Hendo has been a mainstay in midfield and has been mostly in no man’s land.

Very poor off the ball.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #7668: Nov 07, 2021 10:07:20 pm
      While everyone scapegoats the likes of Ox, Naby and Curtis. Hendo has been a mainstay in midfield and has been mostly in no man’s land.

Very poor off the ball.

His poorest start to the season in a long time.

Always seems a little off the pace of the game
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #7669: Nov 08, 2021 12:31:54 am
      He’s the biggest worry in the side right now.

I questioned Rice over the summer but the gap between him and Hendo right now is absolutely frightening.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #7670: Nov 08, 2021 07:41:16 am

I questioned Rice over the summer but the gap between him and Hendo right now is absolutely frightening.
      Tell me your not basing that on Rices performance last night? Thought Rice was bang average and put in a fairly rudimentary performance a bit like grealish overhyped because he’s English.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #7671: Nov 08, 2021 02:09:18 pm

Very poor off the ball.

I'm not saying he's playing out of position...but he sometimes looks like a player that's playing out of position. Wondering if there's a breakdown happening between where Klopp gives him instructions and Hendo carries them out...because it sure looks like our midfield is having a bit of an identity crisis right now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7672: Nov 08, 2021 02:55:58 pm
      What a f**king ball. Mo didn’t even have to adjust his run …. Supreme!

he is getting some stick but as this proved he needs players to make runs to find them.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #7673: Nov 08, 2021 04:46:48 pm

Don't know what you're watching. Hendo had a decent game and has had a good start to the season, he's not a worry in the slightest.

Our biggest worry is that any kind of aerial ball, whether from set pieces or open play, played to the right hand side of our defence doesn't get defended. Brentford had a field day targeting that area. Everybody knows to target it now, been happening for ages, and West Ham did the same. It's pretty easy to get space to put crosses in, or just run into the box, from that side as well. The rest of our game is basically in good shape, despite the howls of despair on here, but we have a defensive vulnerability down our right hand side that every manager in the league is well aware of.

Hendo is the least of our problems (well, apart from Mo and Virgil).
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #7674: Nov 08, 2021 05:05:08 pm
      Don't know what you're watching. Hendo had a decent game and has had a good start to the season, he's not a worry in the slightest.

Our biggest worry is that any kind of aerial ball, whether from set pieces or open play, played to the right hand side of our defence doesn't get defended. Brentford had a field day targeting that area. Everybody knows to target it now, been happening for ages, and West Ham did the same. It's pretty easy to get space to put crosses in, or just run into the box, from that side as well. The rest of our game is basically in good shape, despite the howls of despair on here, but we have a defensive vulnerability down our right hand side that every manager in the league is well aware of.

Hendo is the least of our problems (well, apart from Mo and Virgil).

The midfield which gets over run so easily and you don’t think it’s a issue.

Antonio ran straight through the midfield but luckily mis controlled and then the second goal Bowen did exactly the same.

Brighton midfield schooled our boys in that Dept in the second half.

No idea what you have been watching recently!!
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #7675: Nov 08, 2021 09:27:16 pm
      The midfield which gets over run so easily and you don’t think it’s a issue.

Antonio ran straight through the midfield but luckily mis controlled and then the second goal Bowen did exactly the same.

Brighton midfield schooled our boys in that Dept in the second half.

No idea what you have been watching recently!!

Well I didn't see the Brighton game, so not that. I have though watched us boss the midfield against Atletico, Porto, Milan, Man U, Chelsea etc, all recently. And we also were better in midfield than West Ham for most of the game, despite being up against their supposed £100m man Rice and the pretty good Soucek. Their breaks through the midfield came when Fab seemed to get tired and started letting people run past him. I am putting that down to him being not fully match fit yet after injury. But, anyway, that is down to Fab, not Hendo. Anyway the idea that those 2 are a problem for us is just bollocks. A few days ago we were all purring over the Fab + Hendo combo when we put away Atletico. (Maybe I'm wrong and you were ringing the warning bells?)

Now we give away a couple of our (much more of a trend) soft aerial goals, plus a break away one cos Fab and Trent couldn't or wouldn't break into a sprint, and suddenly the Hendo + Fab combo (or just Hendo?) is a major weakness in our team? Not for me. We need to sort out our aerial defending, and get Trent to knuckle down on his defending generally. Cos those are the areas where we actually do consistently have a soft spot, and which opponents who are used to watching us know to target.

Hendo and Fab are both consistently good players in their positions (while obviously not beyond the odd lapse, like any player). Our problem in that area is that we need them to stay fit, not that they suddenly aren't good enough to win the league or CL again.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #7676: Nov 08, 2021 09:43:25 pm
      Well I didn't see the Brighton game, so not that. I have though watched us boss the midfield against Atletico, Porto, Milan, Man U, Chelsea etc, all recently. And we also were better in midfield than West Ham for most of the game, despite being up against their supposed £100m man Rice and the pretty good Soucek. Their breaks through the midfield came when Fab seemed to get tired and started letting people run past him. I am putting that down to him being not fully match fit yet after injury. But, anyway, that is down to Fab, not Hendo. Anyway the idea that those 2 are a problem for us is just bollocks. A few days ago we were all purring over the Fab + Hendo combo when we put away Atletico. (Maybe I'm wrong and you were ringing the warning bells?)

Now we give away a couple of our (much more of a trend) soft aerial goals, plus a break away one cos Fab and Trent couldn't or wouldn't break into a sprint, and suddenly the Hendo + Fab combo (or just Hendo?) is a major weakness in our team? Not for me. We need to sort out our aerial defending, and get Trent to knuckle down on his defending generally. Cos those are the areas where we actually do consistently have a soft spot, and which opponents who are used to watching us know to target.

Hendo and Fab are both consistently good players in their positions (while obviously not beyond the odd lapse, like any player). Our problem in that area is that we need them to stay fit, not that they suddenly aren't good enough to win the league or CL again.

They are the same players obviously from the ones that consistently trounced opposition midfields but and it’s a big but they are all now a few years older and in some cases quite injury prone.
      We need younger legs in midfield we are just too slow in transition when we lose the ball.

Fab is not a one man defensive shield he needs cover from the other No 8’s something which i have said previously Henderson has not done well this season, could well be Klopp has slightly tweaked the midfield because the two CM’s beside Fab are constantly caught out too far forward.

Either way despite your rosy outlook we look way too easy to play through at the moment and in the long t run this is not sustainable if we are to challenge for the title.
      « Last Edit: Nov 08, 2021 10:12:47 pm by HScRed1 »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #7677: Nov 08, 2021 09:58:20 pm
      Agree with those who say he's not been his best so far.

Looks off the pace of the game in general to me do hopefully he picks up in the coming weeks.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #7678: Nov 08, 2021 10:23:44 pm
      Agree with those who say he's not been his best so far.

Looks off the pace of the game in general to me do hopefully he picks up in the coming weeks.

He was total sh*te against West Ham - needs to sort it out
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7679: Nov 09, 2021 12:04:08 pm
      I know there will never be another but if only we had Stevie in this team his energy and drive is what is missing. We are a very "quiet" team and need to man up a bit.  Not sure Jordan has been at his best but again his Midfield partners have virtually changed every game its an area where we need a rethink for sure
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #7680: Nov 09, 2021 12:58:51 pm
      They are the same players obviously from the ones that consistently trounced opposition midfields but and it’s a big but they are all now a few years older and in some cases quite injury prone.
      We need younger legs in midfield we are just too slow in transition when we lose the ball.

Fab is not a one man defensive shield he needs cover from the other No 8’s something which i have said previously Henderson has not done well this season, could well be Klopp has slightly tweaked the midfield because the two CM’s beside Fab are constantly caught out too far forward.

Either way despite your rosy outlook we look way too easy to play through at the moment and in the long t run this is not sustainable if we are to challenge for the title.

I agree we could do with a younger pair of legs in midfield, but it is for games when Hendo or Fab are out. If those 2 are playing we will be ok in that area. And it should be for a few seasons yet (I certainly hope so, cos we just gave Hendo a new contract - presumably Jürgen also thinks he's got years left in him.)

Our midfield problems will be when we are left with only 1 of Fab or Hendo, and have to play eg Ox and Jones, neither of whom can really tackle, and both of whom take risks in possession and give the ball a way a fair bit (which is ok if there is only 1 of them and we have 2 workhorses covering, but not the other way round).

I suspect we will see Trent in midfield at some point this season. I said a week or so ago I would try him out there against Atletico (thinking Fab might not be back). He is wandering into that area more and more anyway, so seems to want to play there. Next time Fab or Hendo is out I would give him a go. One question there though is whether Neco can fill in well enough at RB, but i'd give him a chance.

On Hendo himself, I think he's been in good form this season. Some lovely forward passes (that one the other week for Mo!), as well as his usual solid work at the ugly stuff. Really not seeing him even being out of form, never mind looking like he's past it. Maybe I'm missing something, but he seems fine to me.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #7681: Nov 14, 2021 11:44:34 am
      Sent back from England duties for injury assessment.
      Any news?

Quick Reply