Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 18th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Alberto Aquilani (Napoli or anywhere else in Italy)

Read 43116 times
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Napoli or anywhere else in Italy)
      Reply #529: Jun 26, 2011 12:02:49 am
      Maybe because we don't want to sell him ?

Oh come on!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #530: Jun 26, 2011 12:11:12 am

Yes ... Have you ever thought of the possibility that Kenny is telling the truth, and that Aquilani's agent is a bullshitter ?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #531: Jun 26, 2011 12:17:29 am
      But that doesn't paint the full picture does it mate ?

Arsenal in the carling cup he came on as a 77th minute sub when we were already 2-1 down.

Arsenal in the  league at Anfield he came on as a 65th minute sub again when we were already 2-1 down.

Tottenham at home in the league he started and we won 2-0

Arsenal away he did not play.

Man City Away in the league we drew 0-0 he came on as an 86th minute substitute.

Man United away in the league we got beat 2-1, he came on as a 73rd minute sub when we were already 2-1 down.

Chelsea at home he started and we got beat 2-0.

So out the top 4 games your talking about he started 2 including Tottenham and won 1 and lost 1.

Now I'm not having a go mate but what you said was a gross misinterpretation of the facts, wouldn't you say ?

Which just shows how little Rafa trusted him in the big games mate ?  I never bothered checking how long he played in each game mate (finding games he started and finished is pretty difficult!). As I said before he only completed two full games all season in the league.   

I never mentioned the cups , but he played the full game against READING in the F.A. cup when we lost, and almost completed the game against Athletico when we went out. 

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,393 posts | 4980 
      Reply #532: Jun 26, 2011 12:24:33 am
      Nothing saying we can't to be honest, there is still 6 weeks left of this transfer window.

This is a good point.

There is nothing to say we still won't sell Aquilani as long as the transfer window is still open.

Yes he is back as our player and will be in the squad as long as he is here but it's still possible someone could come in to buy him.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #533: Jun 26, 2011 12:31:42 am
      Which just shows how little Rafa trusted him in the big games mate ?
      I wouldn't exactly say that as he played him against Chelsea and Tottenham, but it was equably possibly down to fitness or because we were not showing the best of form Rafa opted for two holding midfielders ?, I don't know really I can't read Rafa's mind.

I never bothered checking how long he played in each game mate (finding games he started and finished is pretty difficult!)
      Not that difficult http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/fixtures/archive/season/2009+-+2010/team/first-team ;)

As I said before he only completed two full games all season in the league.  
      Again that doesn't paint the full picture there was games against the likes of Wolves in December 09 where he was substituted around the 85 minute mark for Pacheco so he got his complimentary applause off the pitch.

I never mentioned the cups , but he played the full game against READING in the F.A. cup when we lost, and almost completed the game against Athletico when we went out.  
      That he did and can not be denied, but against Atletico he was excellent, as he was against Bolton, Spurs, Wolves, Burnley & Portsmouth.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #534: Jun 26, 2011 12:33:56 am
      This is a good point.

There is nothing to say we still won't sell Aquilani as long as the transfer window is still open.

Yes he is back as our player and will be in the squad as long as he is here but it's still possible someone could come in to buy him.

Surely there is no chance of that. According to some he would just as soon play over here as in Italy, and Kenny is surely not going to sell a "world class player" unless the player wants to go. Aquilani has said he is happy to play here, Kenny has said he is happy to have him here.......

RedLFCBlood
      Reply #535: Jun 26, 2011 12:37:12 am
      Surely there is no chance of that. According to some he would just as soon play over here as in Italy, and Kenny is surely not going to sell a "world class player" unless the player wants to go. Aquilani has said he is happy to play here, Kenny has said he is happy to have him here.......

Well aslong as you are not classing me in the "Aquilani is world class" department, I don't really care about that comment. ;D

As I see him much differently to that, I see him as a very talented player who if he can keep himself fit would be a very useful addition to our squad.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,393 posts | 4980 
      Reply #536: Jun 26, 2011 12:37:53 am

I see where you're going saint :D

I like him as a player and would like him in the squad but still have a feeling he might be off should the right offer come in.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #537: Jun 26, 2011 12:40:20 am

With the FFP rules kicking in and clubs waiting for the International Transfer window to open that could just happen mate.

Some will say deals can be agreed now and rightly so.

But what they may not be taking into consideration is the Italian league is not the richest league in the world and to start complying with the FFP rules they may want to offload players to generate money and free up wages before even considering putting a bid in.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,393 posts | 4980 
      Reply #538: Jun 26, 2011 12:42:03 am
      With the FFP rules kicking in and clubs waiting for the International Transfer window to open that could just happen mate.

Some will say deals can be agreed now and rightly so.

But what they may not be taking into consideration is the Italian league is not the richest league in the world and to start complying with the FFP rules they may want to offload players to generate money and free up wages.

You know I rate him as well redblood and while he is here I feel he is a great player to have in the squad but just have a feeling he may still be playing elsewhere next season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #539: Jun 26, 2011 12:46:47 am
      You know I rate him as well redblood and while he is here I feel he is a great player to have in the squad but just have a feeling he may still be playing elsewhere next season.

So do I mate I said as much in his player thread, if he speaks to Kenny and reiterates that he would like to stay in Italy, I think Kenny would move heaven & earth to make that happen, whether that would be through a transfer or another loan deal as he's that sort of man, he'll not keep a player against his will regardless of how good he is and how much he rates him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #540: Jun 27, 2011 04:36:55 pm
      Aquilani 'going back to Liverpool'

Friday 24 June, 2011

Alberto Aquilani has not found a club in Italy willing to sign him, so “he is going back to Liverpool,” confirmed his agent.

The midfielder spent this season on loan at Juventus and was hoping to remain in Turin on a permanent basis.

The Bianconeri refused to take up their option to buy him out, so his agent spoke of possible links with Milan, Inter and Napoli.

“Aquilani is going back to Liverpool,” conceded Franco Zavaglia this afternoon on tuttojuve.com.

The 27-year-old former Roma star has won back a spot in the Italy squad this year after recovering from numerous fitness problems.

http://www.football-italia.net/jun24q.html

What an affected, negative piece of journalism. 
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #541: Jun 29, 2011 11:02:27 pm

Aquilani on Sky Sport Italia tonight: "I am going back to Liverpool with great enthusiasm" ...
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #542: Jun 29, 2011 11:05:25 pm
      Aquilani on Sky Sport Italia tonight: "I am going back to Liverpool with great enthusiasm" ...

I hope he is and I hope Kenny wants to keep him, given he came through a season relatively unscathed at Juventus and the way he likes to play football, I think he could be a real success under Kenny.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #543: Jun 29, 2011 11:16:28 pm
      I'll welcome him back here but, in my opinion he has lost a lot of respect from me through his agent's behavior. He's been ''whored'' around Italy and it's taken him this long to realize that he's at the best club in the world.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #544: Jun 29, 2011 11:22:09 pm
      I don't blame the lad for wanting to stay in Italy tbh. Hodgson shipped him out pretty quickly last summer and i'm guessing Kenny hasn't exactly been begging him to come back to Melwood and give it another go. I suspect he'll be back in Serie A on a loan deal by mid-August.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #545: Jun 29, 2011 11:33:48 pm
      I don't blame the lad for wanting to stay in Italy tbh. Hodgson shipped him out pretty quickly last summer and I'm guessing Kenny hasn't exactly been begging him to come back to Melwood and give it another go. I suspect he'll be back in Serie A on a loan deal by mid-August.
      The player has just confirmed in a TV interview tonight that he is returning to LFC ''with great enthusiasm" ... As for Kenny's opinion on the matter ...

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=38559.msg1034062#msg1034062
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #546: Jun 29, 2011 11:44:53 pm
      Aquilani: "I'm returning to Liverpool with enthusiasm. Juventus? There were restrictions."

Aquilani: "I have no problems with it. It is not true that I didn't want to go back to England."

"I leave Juve on good terms, perhaps there was too much waiting around in the squad, in any case I have fallen outside those restrictions."
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #547: Jun 29, 2011 11:47:25 pm
      I'll welcome him back here but, in my opinion he has lost a lot of respect from me through his agent's behavior. He's been ''whored'' around Italy and it's taken him this long to realize that he's at the best club in the world.
      And this is exactly what people need to appreciate, it is his agent that's been stirring sh*t up, trying to land himself some nice commission by engineering another move. We shouldn't hold that against Alberto.
      Iano92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 958 posts |
      Reply #548: Jun 29, 2011 11:52:25 pm
      And this is exactly what people need to appreciate, it is his agent that's been stirring sh*t up, trying to land himself some nice commission by engineering another move. We shouldn't hold that against Alberto.

Yeah, I understand that but he's hardly an innocent passenger in his agent's shenanigans. He could have said these things earlier but didn't because he himself wanted to stay in Italy.

I think it will be either Alberto stays or Adam comes in and that's why that deal is getting held up. Personally, I would prefer Alberto, he has a better all round skill set and could play a pivotal role here next season.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #549: Jun 30, 2011 12:13:07 am

I don't agree mate. Agents do what the player wants, they also give "plausable denial" to their client when something goes wrong........ as in this case.
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #550: Jun 30, 2011 12:35:43 am
      I don't agree mate. Agents do what the player wants, they also give "plausable denial" to their client when something goes wrong........ as in this case.

Yeah, I suppose Zavaglia has told you this personally.  We get it, you don't like the guy and have a borderline vendetta against him, move on.

He's our player, we'll support him instead of finding things to hold against him.

edit: Should this topic not be locked seeing as he hasn't actually been linked with a move away since he came back and because it's just going around in circles anyhow?
      « Last Edit: Jun 30, 2011 12:50:35 am by vitez »
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #551: Jun 30, 2011 12:38:23 am
      That could well be true but it's not unusual for agents to work in their own interests or for the media to pick and choose their quotes. If AA was even open to staying in Italy then he could hardly say he wanted to return here. All he could say was that if the loan ended and he came back, he'd be fine with that and put the effort in. That's basically what he has been saying.

Quick Reply