Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What Do You Feel FSG Have Done For Liverpool FC So Far?

Read 10095 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      What Do You Feel FSG Have Done For Liverpool FC So Far?
      Jun 10, 2011 04:13:13 pm
      Just a thread for this.

I have been thinking, since that day that FSG (NESV, whatever you want to call them) have bought our club, what have they done for us....

My Key Points:

They sanctioned the sale of Torres - I feel he was having a negative effect on the squad due to his "sulkiness" and I cannot think of a negative thing that has come from him going.

They are allowing us to compete again - Rate them or not - spending £77m (Reported) on 3 players who are young and will be giving their best years to OUR CLUB, is a real statement of intent. Henderson could be the new Stevie G, Suarez could be a legend, and Carroll offers a lot in the aerial attacking.

They bought the King back - no doubt, the belief, passion and Liverpool way has all returned, The fans wanted Kenny back, and the fans got Kenny back.... Under H&G they had no intent of pleasing the fans.

They are "Here to win" - I called in, on the phone in they did on LFC.tv, and asked their 5 year plan, they said they wanted to win the league within 3 years, I believe with their investment and philosophy we can do this... The Red Sox are competing again, and Liverpool will worry most teams if not all in the Premier League next season....

They are allowing the fans to have a voice - the supporters comittee is a bloody great idea, and they have Shanks' granddaughter chairing the group - absolutely class.

Overall, I believe under FSG, we are under owners who give a sh*t about the club... We know they are here to make money as well as run things, but I feel they "GET the Liverpool way" they understand that we should be competing for everything every year, and they have the determination to get where they want us to be, in the time frame required.

I look forward to what the rest of the Summer will bring, and look forward to next season with Optimism, Belief and Knowing that LFC is on their way back, and I bet Taggart is bricking it!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 10, 2011 04:36:56 pm by kb2x »
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Re: What Do You Feel FSG Have Done For Liverpool FC?
      Reply #1: Jun 10, 2011 04:14:49 pm
      Brought stability and optimism as well as a definitive game plan which I respect and admire.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Re: What Do You Feel FSG Have Done For Liverpool FC?
      Reply #2: Jun 10, 2011 04:35:50 pm
      Brought some stabilty & optimism for sure, they also have set out a plan (just like many others) Lets hope they are true to their word. Would be nice to see some real investment though & talk of the gorund more. Financially they have done nothing but get the club for a very good price so far....
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Re: What Do You Feel FSG Have Done For Liverpool FC So Far?
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2011 05:40:59 pm
      Brought some stabilty & optimism for sure, they also have set out a plan (just like many others) Lets hope they are true to their word. Would be nice to see some real investment though & talk of the gorund more. Financially they have done nothing but get the club for a very good price so far....
      So the fact they have removed our debt means nothing to you?
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2011 05:43:34 pm
      First of all they calmed things down and stabled the ship that was our club. Then they've taken on board Liverpool's traditions and culture and as shown in the transfer window (we're completely in the dark about transfer targets). So far they've shown that their classic American sportsmen that want nothing but to win and are determined to do everything without going over the limits to gain success. They've also taken into consideration the fans' views and have respected what the fans want within the club. It's not long enough to call, but for me they've basically done everything that could be asked of owners that we need, this transfer window will reveal more of their character with money but I'm confident it'll be a window to look forward to.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2011 05:53:20 pm
      Stability & Calm...Confidence & Attitude.....Hope & Faith

The start of a whole new era in Liverpool football that our great grandchildren will look at the same way we look at Shanks/Uncle Bob's era's.

I have said this since Day 1 of the takeover and nothing has changed my mind since.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #6: Jun 10, 2011 06:05:42 pm
      Stability & Calm...Confidence & Attitude.....Hope & Faith

The start of a whole new era in Liverpool football that our great grandchildren will look at the same way we look at Shanks/Uncle Bob's era's.

I have said this since Day 1 of the takeover and nothing has changed my mind since.

Agreed. Don't think they have put a foot wrong yet. We can question whether we could have clinched a European place if we had gotten Kenny in earlier, but they gave him a chance, it didn't work, and now we can look forward to a transfer window where we can strengthen, not diminish, the squad - and it has been a few seasons since we have been able to be confident in that area.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2011 06:30:02 pm
      Can we wait till the close of the window to ask this, it is positive at the moment though
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #8: Jun 10, 2011 06:43:24 pm
      Can we wait till the close of the window to ask this, it is positive at the moment though

I think that's not very fair, if we think that way then at the end of the transfer window we'll say "we'll see at the end of the season" and if we don't win we'll say "lets wait for this window", and then the next season, and so on and so on.

I belive that at the moment they have through many things (money, good management, etc) given hope and hapiness back to the club and its fans. I believe that to be unvaluable.

Hopefully someday we'll say they put us back where we belong, winning titles.

Still, I think it's fair enough to say now we can at least believe in it!!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,481 posts | 4596 
      Reply #9: Jun 10, 2011 06:45:13 pm
      The most important thing of all is that they have made us a one happy family again.
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #10: Jun 10, 2011 07:04:13 pm
      The Liverpool Way (FACT)
      Redangel

• 8,394 posts | 1025 
      Reply #11: Jun 10, 2011 07:10:36 pm
      They've given us hope!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,521 posts | 8685 
      Reply #12: Jun 10, 2011 07:13:21 pm
      The best thing is I have yet to see John and Tom being interviewed waving dollars all over the place and generally making a c**t of themselves.

No roaring fireplaces, Liverpool mugs and scarves front and centre.

No sh*t pictures of any potential new ground in the background (ala Hicks and his epic swindle interview)

Apart from when they actually bought the club and appeared on LFCTV we haven't heard really had that many interviews from them.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #13: Jun 10, 2011 07:17:49 pm
      They got rid of Hicks and Gillette, and then Uncle Woy. That alone was enough for me. Transfers just a bonus :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,380 posts | 2884 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #14: Jun 10, 2011 07:36:12 pm
      Hired Kenny

Spent cash and look like they are happy to keep doing so

And almost as important as hiring Kenny they have re-established old Liverpool ways eg. DOING BUSINESS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS!!
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #15: Jun 10, 2011 07:51:09 pm
      The main thing we have been looking for at this club for a number of years is the key word "STABILITY". And they have certainly brought it. Right from day 1, when they got rid of Hicks and Gillett, they signalled an intent to get this club back to were it deserved to be. Also, and I know not everyone agreed with this decision, but they decided to give Hodgson a real chance to prove himself. When it became clear he wasn't right for the job, they did what they needed to. They also, and maybe more by mistake than anything else, brought the right man in to replace Roy, in bringing in Kenny as manager. And then they made the very important decision in selling a player that many could argue hindered the club in differing ways, while also accepting that more had to be done in player-recruitment, as symbolised by picking up Suarez and Carroll so quickly, and more recently Henderson. They also seem to recognise what working within a transfer window is all about and that is making it obvious that we want the player from day one, and doing so in the old LFC style. Similarly, they know there are a lot of unworthy players on massive contracts at the club and they seem intent in ensuring they will no longer be at the club after this summer.

I could go on but I think I may show my love for them to much. ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #16: Jun 10, 2011 09:23:32 pm
      The most important thing of all is that they have made us a one happy family again.

That ll Do.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #17: Jun 10, 2011 09:39:11 pm

Which has transferred its way onto the boards.  :f_whistle:
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #18: Jun 10, 2011 10:12:18 pm
      What they have so far imo is the make the ''Club'' become a ''Club'' again.'' WE ''are all a group of people wanting only the best for L.F.C. who are all pulling together as one. Next thing is as fan's we can actually argue amongs't ourselves about who to buy and how much to spend on who we want? Think back only 6-8 month's ago.What ''THEY''want,''WE''want a future as a whole for ''OUR''club is one thing and that's success. When i say''WE''&''THEY'' i hope you understand now that mean's''US'' as ''ONE GROUP,ONE SUPPORT,ONE GREAT CLUB''.They ''F.S.G.'' have given our lot pride back again. :kop5cf8koxp6: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf:
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #19: Jun 10, 2011 10:15:14 pm
      Which has transferred its way onto the boards.  :f_whistle:
      C##t
      albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Reply #20: Jun 10, 2011 10:17:17 pm
      So the fact they have removed our debt means nothing to you?

If I may interject here...FSG acquired LFC for a bargain investment. As far as I know they didn't really clear any debts per se, rather their bid price was just enough to satisfy the debt holders. More or less like buying a car and then the seller using the cash to pay off his loan.

So, not saying it is good or bad, but it is true that John Henry swung a great deal for HIM. How well it turns out for the club remains to be seen.

My suspicion is that they will do well for a few years and then will want to cash out.

As long as they leave the club better than they found it AND make sure it gets sold to good owners, I am OK with that.

What I do NOT expect is for them to pour money into the club either for players or a stadium. If the numbers don't work for FSG then they won't do it.

What I am trying to say is that we should all probably keep our expectations fairly low, especially stadium wise, as I can't see the numbers working quickly enough for them.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #21: Jun 10, 2011 10:20:25 pm
      If I may interject here...FSG acquired LFC for a bargain investment. As far as I know they didn't really clear any debts per se, rather their bid price was just enough to satisfy the debt holders. More or less like buying a car and then the seller using the cash to pay off his loan.

So, not saying it is good or bad, but it is true that John Henry swung a great deal for HIM. How well it turns out for the club remains to be seen.

My suspicion is that they will do well for a few years and then will want to cash out.

As long as they leave the club better than they found it AND make sure it gets sold to good owners, I am OK with that.

What I do NOT expect is for them to pour money into the club either for players or a stadium. If the numbers don't work for FSG then they won't do it.

What I am trying to say is that we should all probably keep our expectations fairly low, especially stadium wise, as I can't see the numbers working quickly enough for them.
      Where's your logic&argument to make that point? Back it up with fact if you can please?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3064 
      Reply #22: Jun 10, 2011 10:26:25 pm
      They develop sporting clubs (franchises, if you will) - my view is that they don't consider failure an option, or they wouldnt have got involved. This isn't a one-man ego purchase or sugar daddy - it's a group of wealthy individuals who like sport, heritage and winning = LFC

Quick Reply