Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What Do You Feel FSG Have Done For Liverpool FC So Far?

Read 10094 times
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Re: What Do You Feel FSG Have Done For Liverpool FC So Far?
      Reply #23: Jun 10, 2011 10:27:28 pm
      If I may interject here...FSG acquired LFC for a bargain investment. As far as I know they didn't really clear any debts per se, rather their bid price was just enough to satisfy the debt holders. More or less like buying a car and then the seller using the cash to pay off his loan.

So, not saying it is good or bad, but it is true that John Henry swung a great deal for HIM. How well it turns out for the club remains to be seen.

My suspicion is that they will do well for a few years and then will want to cash out.

As long as they leave the club better than they found it AND make sure it gets sold to good owners, I am OK with that.

What I do NOT expect is for them to pour money into the club either for players or a stadium. If the numbers don't work for FSG then they won't do it.

What I am trying to say is that we should all probably keep our expectations fairly low, especially stadium wise, as I can't see the numbers working quickly enough for them.
      Do you work for Hicks & Gillett?
      PenguinOfTroy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,165 posts | 17 
      • One by one the penguins steal my sanity
      Reply #24: Jun 10, 2011 10:29:19 pm
      King Kenny.

Luis Suarez.

Nuff said.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #25: Jun 10, 2011 10:33:33 pm
      If I may interject here...FSG acquired LFC for a bargain investment. As far as I know they didn't really clear any debts per se, rather their bid price was just enough to satisfy the debt holders. More or less like buying a car and then the seller using the cash to pay off his loan.

So, not saying it is good or bad, but it is true that John Henry swung a great deal for HIM. How well it turns out for the club remains to be seen.

My suspicion is that they will do well for a few years and then will want to cash out.

As long as they leave the club better than they found it AND make sure it gets sold to good owners, I am OK with that.

What I do NOT expect is for them to pour money into the club either for players or a stadium. If the numbers don't work for FSG then they won't do it.

What I am trying to say is that we should all probably keep our expectations fairly low, especially stadium wise, as I can't see the numbers working quickly enough for them.

They've said cuntless times that they're in it for the long-haul.

I don't think I can question that seeing as we're consistently going after young prospects, and relatively young world-class players.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #26: Jun 10, 2011 10:34:12 pm
      They develop sporting clubs (franchises, if you will) - my view is that they don't consider failure an option, or they wouldnt have got involved. This isn't a one-man ego purchase or sugar daddy - it's a group of wealthy individuals who like sport, heritage and winning = LFC
      ^^^^^^^^^ all of this
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #27: Jun 10, 2011 10:35:13 pm
      I personally think NESV/FSG will be here for the long haul as they have been with the RedSox. They are no mugs and if they build a league winning side that can go on dominating for five or six seasons they will build a stadium.

The difference between the RedSox & LFC commercially is the distance from Anfield to Boston in perspective, Football and The premier League have a global appeal and LFC have one of the largest fan bases world wide. NESV/FSG will exploit this to the fullest and grow their investment.

What I think we can take from NESV/FSG is simple, they have brought us stability and that's exactly what we have needed following H&G, we can sit back in the knowledge they have a proven track record as owners of sports franchises and no longer have to worry about the debt hanging around our neck.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #28: Jun 10, 2011 10:36:29 pm
      ^^^^^ I'm warned,will somebody else tell him he's only a WUM.  :lmao: :mad:
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #29: Jun 10, 2011 10:38:09 pm
      Just when it looked like our ship was sinking, along came FSG, and rescued our beloved club.

That was and is to me, the most important thing they could've done. They've done everything right this far.

I honestly believe that they'll restore this club right back to the top, where we belong.

We've fallen behind the top clubs, but we now have stability within the club. The foundation that's been put in place looks solid once again, and the biggest project now, is the rebuilding of LFC.

So, hang in there fellow REDS, we're in good hands and the future's looking bright, indeed.

stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #30: Jun 10, 2011 10:42:37 pm
      1 For buying the club in the first place,getting rid of the two cowboys and 90% of all debt,leaving us with some money to  spend and not have   large debts.Cause they are a sports company the want the best out of what ever they buy and the thrive on success.

2 Bringing stability and peace back to the club,given the supporters hope after all the negative sh*te we lived trough last season or two,not being in the papers everyday for all the wrong reasons etc etc,

3 Given Kenny the job,and getting a structure back in place,running the club like it should be not like a circus.Hopefully seen all the deadwood replaced with great players that want to play for the shirt on there back,and not for there bank balance.Getting the club back to were it deserves to be,on top.

4 I like there attitude,they have a winning mentality,If they can get the stadium sorted,and are willing to spend or generate enough money to buy world class and win the league in the next few seasons,they will become legands.

I for one believe in them and i see a bright future with F.S.G in charge.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #31: Jun 10, 2011 10:46:47 pm
      The King.

Stability.

No F***ing drama every five minutes.

Backing in the transfer market to get us back to the top (yeah I know the window isn't shut yet!)

I was skeptical for a very long time, Hicks and Gillett wounded us all and it was a big case of once bitten twice as shy. But FSG impress me with everything they do. They seem to be not only winners but ones that respect the club and it's ways. They don't do interviews too frequently, there was no massive drama regarding the manager. Just a quick Hodgson out, King in. No messing around in the transfer window either.

The biggest thing they have brought to this club is the winning mentality. Everything we do is not building up to one title. It's builiding up to dominate world football again. It will take time of course, but it will happen.

In the words of John Henry:

'It gives me goosebumps to think we could deliver a Premier League title to Liverpool - it’s what we are there for, we have no other agenda than that.'

Keep up the good work FSG.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #32: Jun 10, 2011 10:53:50 pm
      How can what's his name''albertred''is it put a negative on F.S.G. and their plan's for the future?.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #33: Jun 10, 2011 11:07:39 pm
      ^^^^^ I'm warned,will somebody else tell him he's only a WUM.  :lmao: :mad:

Hey you, Albertared. Did you hear that? YOU'RE ONLY A WUM.

Is that loud enough, daveyd? ;D
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #34: Jun 10, 2011 11:21:24 pm
      Hey you, Albertared. Did you hear that? YOU'RE ONLY A WUM.

Is that loud enough, daveyd? ;D
      Cheers.Getting fed up with these WUM's.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #35: Jun 10, 2011 11:26:04 pm
      Cheers.Getting fed up with these WUM's.

Hehe, no prob.  ;) 
      davepolo
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -1 
      • taught English by AZ, grAmmEr schooL fAiLure
      Reply #36: Jun 10, 2011 11:28:26 pm
      apart from bringing kenny back, signing suarez, carroll and henderson ,getting rid of hicks and gillette ,getting 50 million for torres, bringing kenny back what have they ever done for us :lmao:
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      Reply #37: Jun 10, 2011 11:30:24 pm
       :scarf:Owe you one for that .
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #38: Jun 10, 2011 11:32:21 pm
      Pleased with what they've done so far, have more to go on by the end of this window.  The stadium is still an issue and it will be interesting to see what route they take.  Certainly not a big enough capacity at present and if they are in it for the long haul, the issue will have to be raised and resolved and its a point I want clarified by the end of next season.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #39: Jun 10, 2011 11:43:20 pm
      They have been honest and open with everyone. They have given us back our Club. They have us in the hunt for top quality players without the need to sell. They have made us happy again. They have put us in a position to win the League next year. They have identified with our history. That is more than i expected in all honesty. They have been F***ing brilliant!.
      Dave70
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,536 posts | 76 
      Reply #40: Jun 10, 2011 11:48:48 pm
      They've said cuntless times that they're in it for the long-haul.

I don't think I can question that seeing as we're consistently going after young prospects, and relatively young world-class players.
      I gather that was just a Freudian slip in response to that post  :laugh:

So far, so good as far as I'm concerned.

They have done the right things with regards to building LFC back up again, albeit early days yet, I don't think anyone can justifiably say they have put a foot wrong and if the work they have done with the Red Sox is anything to go by, the good times won't be long in coming back for us. Don't see why anyone would doubt that they arn't here for the long haul myself, maybe it's because of the last experience making people more sceptical  :-\

Early days but, I have nothing to criticize them for at all.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #41: Jun 10, 2011 11:49:34 pm
      I'm glad we have owners who finally understands the club. They see eye to eye with the fans and the manager.

But as many have said, they have been honest, along with investing into the team, that's important.
      Jesus Hearts LFC
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #42: Jun 11, 2011 05:21:18 am
      Linda in the crowd instead of the jowls of Hicks. 'Nuff said.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #43: Jun 11, 2011 05:26:30 am

The King.

Stability.

No f**king drama every five minutes.

Backing in the transfer market to get us back to the top (yeah I know the window isn't shut yet!)

I was skeptical for a very long time, Hicks and Gillett wounded us all and it was a big case of once bitten twice as shy. But FSG impress me with everything they do. They seem to be not only winners but ones that respect the club and it's ways. They don't do interviews too frequently, there was no massive drama regarding the manager. Just a quick Hodgson out, King in. No messing around in the transfer window either.

The biggest thing they have brought to this club is the winning mentality. Everything we do is not building up to one title. It's builiding up to dominate world football again. It will take time of course, but it will happen.

In the words of John Henry:

'It gives me goosebumps to think we could deliver a Premier League title to Liverpool - it’s what we are there for, we have no other agenda than that.'

Keep up the good work FSG.
      [/quote]

Think you got everything there lad ,top post , :gt-happyup:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #44: Jun 11, 2011 06:10:37 am
      One other small note, not only on this board but every board...not just in Boston town but every town...there are a lot of new fan's now...(myself included) here in the states and chance are it will continue to grow...that can only be a good thing for the team, fans and all of us.
      eamonnjb
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 66 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 11, 2011 10:03:58 am
      One other small note, not only on this board but every board...not just in Boston town but every town...there are a lot of new fan's now...(myself included) here in the states and chance are it will continue to grow...that can only be a good thing for the team, fans and all of us.
      Couldn't agree more. That's what really hails the rebirth of the club and marks the distinction between the pessimism of last year and the hope we now have.

Quick Reply