Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Emmanuel Riviere (AS Saint-Etienne)

Read 3339 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Emmanuel Riviere (AS Saint-Etienne)
      Jun 13, 2011 09:15:54 am

Riviere flattered by reports
      Frence forward linked with both Arsenal and Liverpool

By Giscard Gourizro
      Last Updated: June 13, 2011 8:58am

St Etienne forward Emmanuel Riviere has told skysports.com that he is flattered by Arsenal's reported interest in his services.

Speculation in France suggests interest is mounting in the 21-year-old Frenchman, who is contracted to St Etienne until 2014.

The Gunners have been mentioned as potential suitors whilst Liverpool are also said to be monitoring his situation.

Riviere told skysports.com: "I am flattered to be linked with the clubs mentioned. I am a young player, so to be linked with Arsenal is fantastic for me.

"If Arsene Wenger is interested in you it means you have potential to be a very good player.

"People compare me to Thierry Henry, and that is a big compliment. If I can achieve half of his career I will be happy."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6986937,00.html
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Re: Emmanuel Riviere (AS Saint-Etienne)
      Reply #1: Jun 13, 2011 09:19:04 am
      Safely say he's more interested in Arsenal then.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #2: Jun 13, 2011 09:24:24 am
      Safely say he's more interested in Arsenal then.

Well, it might surprise some people, but Arsene Wenger is actually a highly rated coach in France ... Of course, the fact that Riviere was promoted to Saint-Etienne's first team when Comolli was the Director of Sport there, could play a role in his future ...
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #3: Jun 13, 2011 09:31:25 am
      Always likely to go to Arsenal because of the French connection and they'll be prepared to offer him and St.Etienne more as they need a forward more than us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #4: Jun 13, 2011 09:59:36 am
      Well, it might surprise some people, but Arsene Wenger is actually a highly rated coach in France ...

Shouldn't surprise too many unless they have had their head buried in sand for the past 15 years. ;D

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8624 
      Reply #5: Jun 13, 2011 02:57:00 pm
      Can we say we've been linked with nearly 160 players now?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #6: Jun 13, 2011 02:59:39 pm
      Riviere flattered by reports
      Frence forward linked with both Arsenal and Liverpool

By Giscard Gourizro
      Last Updated: June 13, 2011 8:58am

St Etienne forward Emmanuel Riviere has told skysports.com that he is flattered by Arsenal's reported interest in his services.

Speculation in France suggests interest is mounting in the 21-year-old Frenchman, who is contracted to St Etienne until 2014.

The Gunners have been mentioned as potential suitors whilst Liverpool are also said to be monitoring his situation.

Riviere told skysports.com: "I am flattered to be linked with the clubs mentioned. I am a young player, so to be linked with Arsenal is fantastic for me.

"If Arsene Wenger is interested in you it means you have potential to be a very good player.

"People compare me to Thierry Henry, and that is a big compliment. If I can achieve half of his career I will be happy."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6986937,00.html

What a joke. Player mentions Arsenal and yet we're snuck in to reports of being interested. Where the F**k did we get interested in between his comments on Arsenal, just Arsenal and only Arsenal?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #7: Jun 13, 2011 03:04:50 pm
      What a joke. Player mentions Arsenal and yet we're snuck in to reports of being interested. Where the f**k did we get interested in between his comments on Arsenal, just Arsenal and only Arsenal?

Probably the Comolli connection ... He was the Director of Sport at Saint-Etienne when Riviere was promoted to the first team ...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Jun 13, 2011 03:07:53 pm
      Probably the Comolli connection ... He was the Director of Sport at Saint-Etienne when Riviere was promoted to the first team ...

Comolli has signed a F***ing thousand players. Whoop-dee-F***ing-doo!
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #9: Jun 13, 2011 09:21:54 pm
      Comolli has signed a f**king thousand players. Whoop-dee-f**king-doo!

Source? ;)

Also, aren't we not allowed to capture players from St. Etienne while Comolli is employed here? Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

Quick Reply