Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 7th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P19 W7 D7 L5

Maxi (Newells Old Boys)

Read 23339 times
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Re: Maxi (Newells Old Boys)
      Reply #161: Jun 16, 2011 10:31:50 pm
      Well there is that but out the ones I've mentioned,  Maxi, Aquilani & Agger are three I'd hold on to until all the rest were out of the door .

I'd get shut of all three. Maxi isn't good enough any more, Aquilani never was and never will be, while Agger is never fit and even when he is hasn't trained on into the top centre half he looked like he might become. Get shut.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #162: Jun 16, 2011 10:33:09 pm
      In order for any transfer to Liverpool to have taken place, there a few hurdles would have to have been overcome: firstly his €2.5m a year salary would make him one of the best paid players at Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/maxi-rodriguez-update
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #163: Jun 16, 2011 10:35:39 pm

I'd get shut of all three. Maxi isn't good enough any more, Aquilani never was and never will be, while Agger is never fit and even when he is hasn't trained on into the top centre half he looked like he might become. Get shut.

Then possibly be left with Sotis, Poulsen & Cole, no thank you I'd much rather get shut of that lot first.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #164: Jun 16, 2011 10:36:51 pm
      Well there is that but out the ones I've mentioned, Maxi, Aquilani & Agger are three I'd hold on to until all the rest were out of the door.

I wouldn't want to be sold short, we've had enough of that the last few years.

We have Deggen, El Zhar, Pacheco(?) and Poulsen to add to your list mate.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #165: Jun 16, 2011 10:38:30 pm
      Rodriguez is certainly on that list, with a salary of nearly £90,000 a week, and the club will definitely not stand in his way, as he revealed yesterday he wants to rejoin Newell’s Old Boys, the club where he first made his name.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Maxi-Raul-Meireles-could-leave-for-Newells-Old-Boys-Inter-Milan-respectively-article747934.html#ixzz1PTcFFv5G

Only the Mirror, but he was asking for £4.4million a year before we signed him which is not far short. 

Here is a more reliable source ...

Maxi Rodríguez set to join Liverpool in £1.5 million deal

Chris Brereton
      January 8, 2010

Liverpool are expected to conclude a £1.5 million deal for Maxi Rodríguez, the Atlético Madrid winger, in the next 24 hours.

The Argentinian — a close friend of Javier Mascherano, the Liverpool midfield player and a compatriot — is set to sign an 18-month contract at Anfield once a medical is completed.

The 29-year-old earns about £85,000 a week and although Liverpool are not expected to match that figure, sources close to the player have indicated that he is happy with the deal the club are offering.

The transfer is a coup for Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, who initially thought that Rodríguez would be available only on a six-month loan deal. However, after the player indicated his desire for a full-time move to Merseyside and a willingness to take a pay cut, Liverpool moved quickly to secure him on a longer contract.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6979944.ece
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #166: Jun 16, 2011 10:39:16 pm
      We have Deggen, El Zhar, Pacheco(?) and Poulsen to add to your list mate.

Yeh I know, so get rid of that lot first barring Pacheco, because he will go out on loan.

Maxi, Agger and Aquilani are a class above all that lot, a blind man on a galloping horse could see that much.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #167: Jun 16, 2011 10:39:38 pm
      In order for any transfer to Liverpool to have taken place, there a few hurdles would have to have been overcome: firstly his €2.5m a year salary would make him one of the best paid players at Anfield.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/maxi-rodriguez-update

That just states his salary. Nothing about a possible signing on fee though mate.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #168: Jun 16, 2011 10:40:42 pm
      Here is a more reliable source ...

Maxi Rodríguez set to join Liverpool in £1.5 million deal

Chris Brereton
      January 8, 2010

Liverpool are expected to conclude a £1.5 million deal for Maxi Rodríguez, the Atlético Madrid winger, in the next 24 hours.

The Argentinian — a close friend of Javier Mascherano, the Liverpool midfield player and a compatriot — is set to sign an 18-month contract at Anfield once a medical is completed.

The 29-year-old earns about £85,000 a week and although Liverpool are not expected to match that figure, sources close to the player have indicated that he is happy with the deal the club are offering.

The transfer is a coup for Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, who initially thought that Rodríguez would be available only on a six-month loan deal. However, after the player indicated his desire for a full-time move to Merseyside and a willingness to take a pay cut, Liverpool moved quickly to secure him on a longer contract.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article6979944.ece

Thanks for that mate. Still on about double what he's worth imo.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #169: Jun 16, 2011 10:42:15 pm
      He isnt good enough anymor is that in the last few weeks since he scored all them goals and while we have suso and sterling neither are ready for the first team yet and why we have to keep maxi for one more year
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #170: Jun 16, 2011 10:42:18 pm
      That just states his salary. Nothing about a possible signing on fee though mate.

£1.5m signing on fee.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #171: Jun 16, 2011 10:43:56 pm
      Thanks for that mate. Still on about double what he's worth imo.

He could be worth his weight in gold, if he help us in getting Aguero ...  ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #172: Jun 16, 2011 10:44:40 pm
      He could be worth his weight in gold, if he help us in getting Aguero ...  ;)

If pigs could fly :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #173: Jun 16, 2011 10:47:00 pm
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #174: Jun 16, 2011 10:47:35 pm

Who knows ? I was very pessimistic about Aguero coming to LFC, but so far it seems that only Juventus have expressed an official interest in him ... It might not be such an impossible task, after all ...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #175: Jun 16, 2011 10:54:16 pm

A lot better keeper than many give credit for mate. First time I saw his replacement (against Derby) I said he wasn't a patch on Tommy. Ray did surprisingly well after that :)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,018 posts | 3955 
      Reply #176: Jun 16, 2011 10:55:42 pm
      Tommy Lawrence the goalie who never heard about gravity.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #177: Jun 16, 2011 10:59:12 pm
      A lot better keeper than many give credit for mate. First time I saw his replacement (against Derby) I said he wasn't a patch on Tommy. Ray did surprisingly well after that :)

He was a great keeper, something we've been fortunate with at Liverpool barring a few that followed Grobbelaar.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #178: Jun 17, 2011 07:28:27 pm
      He isnt good enough anymor is that in the last few weeks since he scored all them goals and while we have suso and sterling neither are ready for the first team yet and why we have to keep maxi for one more year

Saying that Suso and Sterling are not ready is like saying that Flanagan and Robinson aren't ready. I'm pretty confident that we are going to sign a couple of wingers this summer and I'd still promote Suso and Sterling to the first team squad and ship out Maxi.

It seems that the only reason some people want to keep Maxi is as a safety buffer incase we don't sign any top class wingers, that won't happen. We will sign wingers and I'd prefer to have Suso and Sterling promoted than keep Maxi here.

Stay on topic please lads, not directed at you corbally.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #179: Jun 18, 2011 11:52:09 am
      rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
      Maxi Rodriguez does not want to return home this year - quotes out of context - and has been told by #LFC they want him for next season.

As i said the other day, lock it up, he's being retained for next season.
      el-g-toni
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 468 posts | 49 
      • el-g-toni.blogspot.com
      Reply #180: Jun 18, 2011 12:12:17 pm
      @rorysmith_tel
      Rory Smith tweets

Maxi future not related to Marveaux deal. Told Argentine radio he wants to go back to Newells one day, quotes got garbled.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,408 posts | 2827 
      Reply #181: Jun 18, 2011 04:23:44 pm
      Keep him.

Sterling and the other young wingers are obviously not ready to come through yet (or else they would have got game time last season like Flanagan and Robinson did). Therefore it makes sense to keep Maxi until the young lads can come through and get into the squad.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #182: Jun 18, 2011 04:30:09 pm
      Good to hear he's staying, hopefully he can continue his secondary role at the club and continue to pop up in the right places at the right time when called upon.

I think the more you put quality around him, the more he will benefit from it. He may not be the most exciting player but he's got good movement and a good footballing brain.

Edging closer to 10k posts there chats! ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #183: Jun 18, 2011 04:32:04 pm
      Very good news IMO.

Would happily let him go end of next season.

Quick Reply