Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Cristian Zapata (Udinese)

Read 13855 times
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Re: Cristian Zapata (Udinese)
      Reply #23: Jun 17, 2011 01:22:38 pm
      If hes equal to or better than Scott Dann and the price is right then why not.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #24: Jun 17, 2011 03:45:52 pm

Serie A defender says he is closing in on Liverpool switch

Published 12:07 17/06/11
      By David Anderson

Udinese defender Cristian Zapata claims he is close to signing for Liverpool.

The Colombian international centre-back is back home preparing for next month’s Copa America in Argentina and says he is excited about joining “this big club”.

Zapata, 24, said: “We will see everything at the end of the Copa America, but I can say that contacts with Liverpool are at an advanced stage.

“I hope to join this big club.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Cristian-Zapata-says-he-is-closing-in-on-Reds-switch-article748333.html
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #25: Jun 17, 2011 06:44:29 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #26: Jun 17, 2011 06:48:59 pm
      He looks like a very good player (a best on FM :D), but I don't really pay much attention on their defenders when I watch Udinese. It's usually to see Sanchez and Di Natale (Quagliarella as well, when he was there)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #27: Jun 17, 2011 07:55:12 pm
      He looks like a very good player (a best on FM :D), but I don't really pay much attention on their defenders when I watch Udinese. It's usually to see Sanchez and Di Natale (Quagliarella as well, when he was there)

Same :D But having taken on Udinese as my favourite team in Italy i started to watch their players more. Handanovic ain't a bad player if we didn't have Pepe.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,335 posts | 2836 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #28: Jun 17, 2011 08:08:19 pm
      Same :D But having taken on Udinese as my favourite team in Italy I started to watch their players more. Handanovic ain't a bad player if we didn't have Pepe.

They are my favorite Italian team as well, but mostly because Zico played there.

Yeah Handanovic is not bad, he had a good World Cup as well if I remember correctly
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #29: Jun 17, 2011 08:09:57 pm
      Looked alright everytime I've seen him - like most have said, Udinese's attacking is what I watch the most :D

Burdogcallingbat21
      • Banned

• 692 posts | 38 
      Reply #30: Jun 17, 2011 08:13:44 pm
      A link i hope has genuine legs. Superb center back. Quick,strong as a bull, two footed and great aerailly and only 24. This guy would walk straight into our first eleven. Rumour has it, if we get a decent bid for Agger the Dane will be let go.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #31: Jun 17, 2011 09:17:00 pm
      via Jen Chang
      Cristian Zapata - A good player but sceptical of his comments in regard to LFC. Made similar claims about Arsenal in 2009 and Juve. Also highly doubt Zapata qualifies for a UK work permit and doubt LFC would wait until end of Copa (July) for a CB to make a decision.

Just seen this on Facebook,seems strange for a player to come out with a comment and not sign.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #32: Jun 17, 2011 09:22:26 pm
      via Jen Chang
      Cristian Zapata - A good player but sceptical of his comments in regard to LFC. Made similar claims about Arsenal in 2009 and Juve. Also highly doubt Zapata qualifies for a UK work permit and doubt LFC would wait until end of Copa (July) for a CB to make a decision.

Just seen this on Facebook,seems strange for a player to come out with a comment and not sign.

Could just be trying to get a better contract.
      Rooney did it last year.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #33: Jun 17, 2011 09:41:35 pm
      Has to work very hard due to Udinese's formation but doesn't look a bit out of place. Similar to Hyypia in the way he stops a lot of attacks before they start due to his strength, positioning and aerial dominance. Easily the best CB we've been linked with this season but the sceptic in me thinks that he's after a pay day.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #34: Jun 17, 2011 09:50:15 pm
      Never seen him play but he certainly comes with a decent reputation and those who have watched him are impressed. He sounds like he would be a good signing but not going to get too excited as you never know whether or not there is any substance in what players say about their possible transfer dealings.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #35: Jun 17, 2011 09:50:39 pm
      Could just be trying to get a better contract.
      Rooney did it last year.

Was thinking the same trying to get more money and a better contract. ???
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #36: Jun 17, 2011 10:26:07 pm
      via Jen Chang

I think his International appearances may help him get entry to England, though.

As i said, i'd be surprised, but not disappointed. Just get him to convince his mate Sanchez to follow him.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #37: Jun 17, 2011 11:22:15 pm

Liverpool target Serie A defender in £14m deal

Published 23:01 17/06/11
      By David Anderson

Udinese defender Cristian Zapata claims he is prepared to snub Arsenal and Manchester City to join Liverpool.

The Colombia centre-back says he is close to agreeing a move to Anfield and will complete his switch after this summer's Copa America tournament.

The Reds have turned to Zapata - who can play anywhere along the back four - after losing out to Manchester United in the race for their top target, Blackburn's Phil Jones.

Liverpool have yet to agree a fee with Udinese and the Serie A side will want at least £14million for Zapata, who has two years left on his contract.

The 24-year-old, who is also wanted by Bayern Munich, is in South America preparing for next month's Copa America in Argentina.

He says he is excited by the prospect of joining Liverpool.

"I don't know what to say," he said. "What I can say is that I am very close to Liverpool.

"At the end of the Copa America, we will see what happens with my future.

"I have gained experience, but the time has come for me to make the jump to a big team."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Cristian-Zapata-Udinese-defender-talks-up-14m-move-from-Udinese-also-target-Arsenal-Manchester-City-article749050.html
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #38: Jun 17, 2011 11:32:38 pm
      A lot of links suggesting he's joining us, hope it's true

Looks pretty decent in this

Christian Zapata vs. AC Milan
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #39: Jun 17, 2011 11:34:32 pm
      Surely if he was after a better contract he would just say he is thinkin about leaving and not actually naming clubs he is thinkin about joining. I have not seen him play but from what i have heard about him he definitely sounds like a more interesting prospect than Dann.
      newguy
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #40: Jun 17, 2011 11:55:17 pm
      can he play left back?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #41: Jun 18, 2011 12:12:20 am

Maybe but i think we have seen enough of playing centre backs out of position (Agger at left back for example), have a feeling he will be bought to strengthen the centre of defence and then we will look for a left back to sign. The left back may actually be signed before Zapata (if he does sign).
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      Reply #42: Jun 18, 2011 12:31:45 am
      Looks decent in that vid 14 million would not be to much.
      notorious1985
      • Forum Ian St John

• 442 posts | 27 
      Reply #43: Jun 18, 2011 12:42:18 am
      What i likeabout the lad is, udinese qualified for the champions league and he talks about joining a bigger club like Liverpool who are not in the champions league. He obviously knows his football.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #44: Jun 18, 2011 12:48:57 am

I was wondering if he'd be comfortable in a back three.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #45: Jun 18, 2011 08:27:00 am
      According to the BBC via the mirror the player himself says hes close to signing for us.

Also intrest from City, Bayern and Inter

City are melters they have about  central defenders already ffs

Quick Reply