Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Misuse of blue disabled parking badge?

Read 2708 times
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Misuse of blue disabled parking badge?
      Jun 15, 2011 10:37:30 pm
      Here's a tricky one.  I think someone down my street is being a little, shall we say, liberal with their disabled parking badge - using it to avoid paying for a parking permit.

As far as I can see this person is not disabled in any way, but what appears more bizarre is that they appear to be basically letting their son use the badge in his car and he is less disabled than the guy who appears to be the badge holder (yes that was sarcastic).

This kind of winds me up, so do I act as Mr b***ard and have a word with the local council...... or do I just let it lie?

Anyone any helpful words or similar experiences?
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Misuse of blue disabled parking badge?
      Reply #1: Jun 16, 2011 01:16:36 am
      In the words of The Beatles "let it be, let it be".

But that's just me, I'd never grass on any one unless it was for something really serious.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,283 posts | 4938 
      Reply #2: Jun 16, 2011 01:23:46 am
      I'd leave it if I were you. Unless he was taking up my space then I would leave him too it.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #3: Jun 16, 2011 01:25:08 am
      Less hassle to be honest, why create possible problems for yourself in life, problems you do not need.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Jun 16, 2011 01:31:07 am
      Just stick to calling those who aren't impaired that park in disabled spots or mother and baby/toddler spots arseholes/lazy bas**rds.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,017 posts | 3954 
      Reply #5: Jun 16, 2011 09:25:01 am
      As Daz says mate you don't blow anyone up - unless for the obvious bad ass reasons, karma will get the arsehole wait and see.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #6: Jun 16, 2011 10:42:19 am
      As Daz says mate you don't blow anyone up - unless for the obvious bad ass reasons, karma will get the arsehole wait and see.

All previous answers and this. Mess with Karma and you'll get burnt eventually. Chill your boots and don't let it piss you off, at the end of the day the impact of him having a blue badge has no effect on your life so don't let it. ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #7: Jun 16, 2011 10:44:07 am
      You could always break his legs.

That would solve the conundrum.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #8: Jun 16, 2011 11:37:41 am
      Ever considered asking your neighbour if you can use the badge? ;)
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #9: Jun 16, 2011 11:09:31 pm
      Thanks for the comments folks.  I'll leave it and let karma take its course.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #10: Jun 19, 2011 07:08:46 pm
      Here's a tricky one.  I think someone down my street is being a little, shall we say, liberal with their disabled parking badge - using it to avoid paying for a parking permit.

As far as I can see this person is not disabled in any way, but what appears more bizarre is that they appear to be basically letting their son use the badge in his car and he is less disabled than the guy who appears to be the badge holder (yes that was sarcastic).

This kind of winds me up, so do I act as Mr B***ard and have a word with the local council...... or do I just let it lie?

Anyone any helpful words or similar experiences?

If it's really bugging you that much then i'm surprised you haven't had a quiet word in his ear. Maybe he is struggling with debts and needs to pull a couple of flankers to keep his head above water. Maybe he is genuinely disabled. Do not under any circumstances grass him up though, that is a no no. Unless you know the facts there is no way to make a judgement on him or his son.

As for single people who park in parent/toddler spaces, i have had loads of arguments with people when we take the kids shopping and have won all arguments. I will forcibly remove them verbally or physically if i have to. Any parent who has to walk a long distance with their children because some c**t has wrongly taken their parking space is worth fighting for.

And before the PC brigade start mouthing off, a lot of the people i have stuck up for are single women with their kid/kids being intimidated by grown men.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Address
      Reply #11: Jun 19, 2011 07:28:03 pm
      Disability isn't always easy to spot though so he could be an honest citizen.

Quick Reply