Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Ki Sung-Yong (Celtic)

Read 7396 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Ki Sung-Yong (Celtic)
      Reply #23: Jun 19, 2011 12:10:03 pm
      Well, since you are being a pussy, we should get along just fine ...  ;)
      Seems unlikely.

I'd be more than happy to see Lucas continue in the holding midfielder position so as you say, any signing would be more of a back-up. In which case, I can't help feeling that we should concentrate on other areas and look to the likes of Spearing to offer that cover unless an exceptional defensive midfielder is available for a reasonable fee.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #24: Jun 19, 2011 12:31:47 pm
      Cant see this happening, the first question to ask, is he better than what we have already ? the answer to that is NO, so why sign a player no better than Lucas, Spearing, Raul, Shelvey, or Henderson, this is typical media bullshit, they know Liverpool are out shopping so its inevitable any player will be seen as a target, just incase the can claim exclusivity, its total bollocks IMO.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #25: Jun 19, 2011 12:33:46 pm
      Cant see this happening, the first question to ask, is he better than what we have already ? the answer to that is NO, so why sign a player no better than Lucas, Spearing, Raul, Shelvey, or Henderson, this is typical media bullshit, they know Liverpool are out shopping so its inevitable any player will be seen as a target, just incase the can claim exclusivity, its total bollocks IMO.
      We'll also be linked to an endless stream of players from the Far East as Standard Chartered have 'suggested' that would be benefitial and it's no secret that we're trying to strengthen our commercial side in that region.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #26: Jun 19, 2011 12:40:08 pm
      There are some outstanding passes in the video posted earlier!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #27: Jun 19, 2011 12:55:41 pm
      People will find a positive spin in any player linked with us this lad has been fairly average in a league  which is similar to league 2
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #28: Jun 19, 2011 01:21:19 pm
      Plays a few nice passes, looks comfortable on the ball and looks to have a bit of pace. Good prospect but little more I'd say at this time. Then again as has been said look at where Adam came from and for how much and players like Ki are worth the risk now and then.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #29: Jun 20, 2011 12:24:03 am
      You can't accurately say who would be the better player full stop. As they are different styles of player, you can only honestly state who you think would fit in and perform the best in our squad. Comparing them against each other is nonsense as they would both be better or worse in different aspects of thier individual game. Still not sure I want either to be honest.
      Garett
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 377 posts |
      Reply #30: Jun 21, 2011 12:57:06 am
      Just only my opinion, but i think Korean or Japanese players who are able to leave their countries are usually good players.
      Jesus Hearts LFC
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #31: Jun 21, 2011 02:47:06 am
      The lad obviously has ability (did you see his goal in the cup final? WOW), but ability alone doesn't make a player. Will he be able to cope with the demands of the Premiership? Will he be able to get stuck in at the Britannia on a cold winter's night? Blah blah blah...

Look. Either the lad can play or he can't. We can make all sorts of guesses based on cliche or, as I think rep so brilliantly put it, when a player is at a completely different club with a different style and different options. What matters is when they put on the red shirt and give it their best for us. How good the Scottish league is or whether Asian players do well abroad or how young he is means NOTHING as far as I'm concerned.

There is one thing that matters to me, and that's if he does well when he is with us. Until then, I'm not too bothered unless I know he is sh*te... like Konchesky. For every surprise legend like Xabi you'll get a surprise flop like Ryan Babel (and yes, that WAS a surprise... he was being touted VERY highly). You never know.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,385 posts | 1542 
      Reply #32: Jun 22, 2011 12:14:59 am
      Will he be able to cope with the demands of the Premiership? Will he be able to get stuck in at the Britannia on a cold winter's night? Blah blah blah...

Bloody site colder at Aberdeen on a cold winters night !!! :f_whistle:

Quick Reply