Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

John O’Shea (Manchester United)

Read 19832 times
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Re: John O’Shea (Manchester United)
      Reply #69: Jun 22, 2011 05:35:16 pm
      United have been able to spend big because they have subsidised their spending keeping and improving squad players like O'Shea. He might not have set the world alight but then he was never going to. He's been a solid servant for them and played 255 games for a team that were the Champions of England and Europe sadly.

I hate United as much as the next bloke but O'Shea is the kind of player that if he played for Liverpool would get all the respect in the world.

Sorry, I just dont agree... O'shea is not a great player - he has been at a good club and been given somewhat of a free ride. If he played for LFC he may well have got some respect, but I doubt that he would have been here 10 years.

With regards to spending, having a massive stadium and shirt sales to boot help... They have spent big every year, and will, this has nothing to do with keeping poor players, its because they have the money. He's a utility player at best. The only reason he is still there is because the other players of his type (Butt & that fella from leeds) have left...

We have better and there is a lot better about, i give O'shea no time at all...
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #70: Jun 23, 2011 02:01:46 pm
      Sorry, I just dont agree... O'shea is not a great player - he has been at a good club and been given somewhat of a free ride. If he played for LFC he may well have got some respect, but I doubt that he would have been here 10 years.

With regards to spending, having a massive stadium and shirt sales to boot help... They have spent big every year, and will, this has nothing to do with keeping poor players, its because they have the money. He's a utility player at best. The only reason he is still there is because the other players of his type (Butt & that fella from leeds) have left...

We have better and there is a lot better about, I give O'shea no time at all...

No one said he was a great player and while you give him no time at all Ferguson has enough time for him to start him in a European Cup Final which I would say speaks volumes. We don't have better squad players who will sit and wait their turn and play wherever the team needs them to be.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #71: Jun 23, 2011 05:35:33 pm
      I'm sure he's bothered while he's counting his medals???
      Ridiculous comments. A player proven with a big team. Some people are just clueless!!!!!

Why should we give two shits about the sh*t manc c**t.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #72: Jun 23, 2011 09:13:01 pm
      Dont know how ive missed this player thread,surely a F***ing joke of the lowest kind,utter bollocks.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #73: Jun 23, 2011 10:37:20 pm
      Whats this sh*t about him being a good squad player?

He's F***ing w*nk.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #74: Jun 23, 2011 10:40:30 pm
      Every time I log on I wonder why this thread is still gathering posts!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #75: Jun 24, 2011 08:25:27 am
      Every time I log on I wonder why this thread is still gathering posts!

I wonder the same thing, finally decided to dip in and see why it is still going...

O'Shea is a good player, that is about it.  He has been 4th choice CB at Utd for many years, Evans has been preferred to him - and he is now down to 5th as Fergie is promoting Smalling. Not a player you want at LFC, I'd rather have Soto.  Though I think TLKoS made a good point about him being a decent enough squad player for Utd over the years, happy to sit on the bench and play when called upon.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #76: Jun 24, 2011 08:48:07 am
      Hahaha, I just love this thread.

I read stuff like he's underrated, he'll be a great addition to any team,  :lmao:

It's either some fans on here are just plain F***ing clueless or they deffo abusing some illegal substance.

predSJUUUUK
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #77: Jun 24, 2011 09:01:24 am
      This some kind of joke?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,044 posts | 3967 
      Reply #78: Jun 24, 2011 09:11:36 am
      Hahaha, I just love this thread.

I read stuff like he's underrated, he'll be a great addition to any team,  :lmao:

It's either some fans on here are just plain F***ing clueless or they deffo abusing some illegal substance.

Is correct, don't know if it's a wind up somebody missed but there's nothing down for the manc bench warmer.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #79: Jun 24, 2011 09:19:51 am
      Some people are just clueless!!!!!

Have a bit of respect for peoples opinions.

I think whatever good days he had in the past, they are definitely behind him now. Therefore, if there is any weight in this speculation, it's definitely a step in the wrong direction for me.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #80: Jun 24, 2011 09:21:15 am
       I don't even know why we are discussing the likes of O'Shea on this Summer Transfer Board,for one there is no way we will sign him and as I have mentioned earlier Ferguson would not sell to us.Ferguson is already running scared and will probably send O'Shea to Mr Moyes at Goodison like he usually does with his cast offs,

redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #81: Jun 24, 2011 09:22:24 am
      will probably send O'Shea to Mr Moyes at Goodison like he usually does with his cast offs

Spot on Billy.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #82: Jun 24, 2011 09:33:55 am
      Jaysus this thread keeps getting bumped more chance of us signing Messi. A utd fan obviously started this rumour
      kennystaff
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 292 posts |
      Reply #83: Jun 24, 2011 11:03:49 am
      Well my opinion is people who are saying O Shea is utter w**k, useless, and a joke are completely clueless. My opinion is that he's be a good addition to the squad. So if you preach to me about respecting peoples opinions, I'd like the courtesy of you doing the same. I respect your opinion if you think it's a step in the wrong direction and not looking to start an argument but it's just what I think.

Have a bit of respect for peoples opinions.

I think whatever good days he had in the past, they are definitely behind him now. Therefore, if there is any weight in this speculation, it's definitely a step in the wrong direction for me.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,542 posts | 3473 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #84: Jun 24, 2011 11:06:04 am
      Just the thought of even one pence of my hard earned dough lining the pockets of those evil, nasty, manc bas**rds makes me feel ill. Plus the fact he's utter sh*te.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #85: Jun 24, 2011 11:07:30 am
      Well my opinion is people who are saying O Shea is utter w**k, useless, and a joke are completely clueless. My opinion is that he's be a good addition to the squad. So if you preach to me about respecting peoples opinions, I'd like the courtesy of you doing the same. I respect your opinion if you think it's a step in the wrong direction and not looking to start an argument but it's just what I think.

Proper WUM. No way would he be ahead of Skrtel, Carra, Agger, Kelly, Soto or even Wilson.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #86: Jun 24, 2011 02:59:39 pm
      Proper WUM. No way would he be ahead of Skrtel, Carra, Agger, Kelly, Soto or even Wilson.

As a squad player he's ahead of all of them. He can play 4 positions defensively well and that's something none of the rest of those players can do.

I suppose I'm just a WUM as well though because I can allow my judgement not to be clouded by the fact he plays for that shower of sh*te.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #87: Jun 24, 2011 03:17:38 pm
      I said he had done well for them, but at this time he would not get a look in at LFC.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #88: Jun 24, 2011 03:33:02 pm
      I said he had done well for them, but at this time he would not get a look in at LFC.

What he said though is he'd be a good addition to the SQUAD and in that much I agree. United have a talent at producing squad players who know their role and are happy with it but when they are called upon they tend to do a solid job for the team. That's basically what you want from a squad player. John O'Shea in that regard has been a fantastic signing for them, no one is saying he's a better player than all those listed though to suggest O'Shea isn't better than Soto or Wilson is something I'd have to take issue with. He's a much more complete defender than both of them.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #89: Jun 24, 2011 04:20:37 pm

Calling people clueless is disrespectful. Just because they disagree with you as well? We're all on the same side here (aren't we?) so pack it in please.

Instead, why don't you go into depth why you think he'd be a good edition to the squad?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #90: Jun 24, 2011 04:42:37 pm
      Jaysus Kenny you keep bumping this thread ;)
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #91: Jun 24, 2011 08:09:31 pm
      Decent versatile squad player, not good enough to overcome the handicap of having played for the mancs.

Just say no.   

Quick Reply