Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Suarez-dependence

Read 2978 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Suarez-dependence
      Jun 15, 2011 06:43:41 pm
      Suarez will certainly be one of our star players next season. His partnership with Kuyt was excellent and with Carroll seems promising. However I fear that the squad he have actually cruelly lacks creativity(individual). Except Johnson(a RB!) and Gerrard, there is not a 'goal-creator' like Suarez in the squad. There is not a player who can dribble 2/3 players and make an assist or score. There are teams against which our pass and move style does not work or is neutralized and apart these 3 players there is almost nobody able to create something by dribbling, making THE killer pass.

The best example is the 2nd leg match against Braga.
      Although he's incredibly talented, Suarez is frightening.... mental at times. He can get a red card; be suspended, or simply injured and our team(the actual squad) will lack his creativity.

I think/hope that Kenny has a plan for this; he has signed Henderson which can become as good as Gerrard.
      Pacheco could be the ideal back up for Suarez but only KK knows if he's part of his plans. we have a very good starting eleven(bar LB) but the bench is very poor.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Suarez-dependence
      Reply #1: Jun 15, 2011 06:46:13 pm
      Agree with really need to bring in some top creative player ie Mata
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Jun 15, 2011 06:51:52 pm
      There are teams against which our pass and move style does not work or is neutralized

I don't agree. I think if a team can keep the ball well and keep it moving about quickly, defenses will open up. We don't need to be relying on a single killer pass to exploit a defense, we need to keep the ball and wait for them to make the mistake.

However, I do think we could use a player like Mata, whose use of the ball and work off the ball would hugely benefit our team.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,302 posts | 943 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #3: Jun 15, 2011 07:25:50 pm
      Mata would be a great addition but will he join us!.
      alexfrance
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Jun 15, 2011 08:01:12 pm
      Mata opened up the Czech defense today for Spains U21's team. He looked a class player and if he did come to Liverpool him and Suarez would be brilliant together.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #5: Jun 15, 2011 08:13:30 pm
      Let's see who we have in the squad at the start of the season before discussing this?
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #6: Jun 15, 2011 09:17:42 pm
      We need creativity, football is a simple game, they easiest way to tear a team apart, is to be able to keep the ball, pass in attacking manner, and getting an early goal.

Because if you can do that, scoring early means the other team has to attack more, so if you can keep the ball they're going to be chasing it, and if you can pass effectively in an attacking manner, then you should be able to create more chances.

Look towards the end of last season, early goals, and we won games 3-0, 5-0, 5-2. So I agree we need more creativity in attack, maybe a couple of decent wingers, who fit into the pass and move fashion.

Come to think of it, this managing football teams seems pretty easy, I should give it a go. :P
      Gus
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      Reply #7: Jun 15, 2011 10:08:03 pm
      i understand to a point, but i also think we move the ball around very fast and deadly when we are in the groove and the back end of the season was a fine example. i really think we need a great crosser of the ball so that carroll can get on the score sheet more rather than just bringing it down and laying it off. thats not what we paid 35m for himfor.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #8: Jun 15, 2011 10:58:26 pm
      Even the best free flowing pass 'n move club which clearly is Barcelona has a f***in lot of creativity in Messi, Pedro and even Villa. Affelay can make things happen too, and if they get Alexis Sanchez it will just be funny.

We have Suárez and maybe Johnson, Gerrard is not exactly 'tricky', or at least he hasn't been lately. So we need at least one player who can do that too, if not two. Mata would be awesome, and maybe a creative CM or another winger?

TBH that's partly the reason I wasn't exactly happy with bringing Carroll but I hope Kenny and himself prove me completely wrong.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #9: Jun 16, 2011 01:48:12 pm
      Let's see who we have in the squad at the start of the season before discussing this?

Quite right Boris.
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,335 posts | 184 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #10: Jun 16, 2011 08:03:42 pm
      [/quote

???

What if we have no more creative players at the start of the season? I think we all know we ain't gonna change the signings by writing in this thread... but we're talking about something that might be important for the club. No one here is saying that we won't get creative players, just stating the fact that we will need some and that we shouldn't be Suarez-dependent. I don't get the point to wait till the summer ends just to complain/celebrate (not) having more creative players :D
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #11: Jun 16, 2011 09:42:53 pm

Was going to say something similar myself. The transfer window has not fully opened yet, give it time. After we've seen our comings and goings with the squad and seen a few games then maybe this topic can be debated.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #12: Jun 16, 2011 10:00:28 pm
      I take your point and I do agree, I think everyone would be happy with Mata or someone like him.

However you seem to place a lot of emphasis on being able to dribble past players and/or slide in an intelligent pass.

I think someone like Kuyt who is adept at scoring important goals by simply having good movement is also a player who can make a difference if playing in a system which suits him.
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 17, 2011 10:42:39 am
      We need to add flair to combat teams sussing Saurez out, 1 decnt pacey winger in addition to gerrard will do that. I hope people are not over hyping Suarez & that he doesnt have a dip in form. He was awesome last season, can he keep it up.

Ohhh matron
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,200 posts | 168 
      Reply #14: Jun 20, 2011 04:04:22 am
      I understand to a point, but I also think we move the ball around very fast and deadly when we are in the groove and the back end of the season was a fine example. I really think we need a great crosser of the ball so that carroll can get on the score sheet more rather than just bringing it down and laying it off. thats not what we paid 35m for himfor.

Henderson is a very good crosser; I sometimes watch Sunderland.  When they expect a cross from a free kick, he's usually the one taking them.
      But only God(not fowler) and kK knows if he will play as a CM or RM in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3(4-5-1)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #15: Jun 20, 2011 10:13:28 pm
      eh.

We are depended on Suarez, except for him & him & him ..........

;D..
      lfcwils
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #16: Jun 22, 2011 11:21:06 am
      We really have 2 check on Matta, Downing and Nzogbia. Its not bad if we can get all of them, but Matta with one between Nzogbia or Downing it will be a great addition and a good favor 2 Carrol
      MickeyScouse
      • Banned

• 426 posts |
      Reply #17: Jun 22, 2011 02:28:15 pm

Why? it can be discussed now as at this moment its a very good point. Indeed its something that I would hope was being discussed when we are looking at targets & indeed why its dissapointing that we have spent all that money on Henderson without signing a creative player first. I am looking foward to seeing some flair added & then if you add the workhorse Kuyt, a fit Gerrard & of course Saurez then we will really be giving teams something to think about. If we add a real quality striker with pace then who knows!

Quick Reply