Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. If you were offereed 4th place now, would you grab it with both hands?

Yes
      108 (37.2%)
      No.
      182 (62.8%)

Total Members Voted: 284

VOTE: Would you take 4th right now? (June 2011)

Read 35296 times
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,670 posts | 7156 
      Re: VOTE: Would you take 4th right now?
      Reply #552: Sep 19, 2011 12:48:50 pm
      We haven't played UTD,CITY orCHELSEA yet so why would anyone settle for fourth place. its the same old knee jerks tuff after a poor result. With 3 points for a win putting a good winning run together can get you right up the table.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #553: Sep 19, 2011 12:50:35 pm
      Top 3 are nailed on leaving us to fight for one place. People can say all they like about us still being able to win the EPL, get real.

We are currently 3 points behind the 3rd place team so hardly nailed on.

If people want to give up and only aim for 4th that's their choice but with the season only a few weeks old I'd much rather talk about winning something rather than settle for second best at this early stage.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #554: Sep 19, 2011 12:50:49 pm
      I've finally succumb to the thought that Liverpool Football Club no longer boasts the most knowledgeable fans in the world. And the reason why I now believe that is because so many fans believe 4th is an achievement for this club. So many believe that because a side spends more money means we can't beat them - pretty sure Birmingham spent more than Wigan, Everton, Blackburn, Fulham and Newcastle yet it was still the Carling Cup winners who went down.

So if we can't compete because teams spend more, that should apply to all - it clearly doesn't. So shut the f**k up about money being the reason.

As for better caliber of player just because we're in the Champions League - another sh*te reason for accepting fourth right now. As I've said earlier in this thread when we won the European Cup we signed Crouch, Reina, Sissoko and Zenden in the summer. Hardly great names at the time and only Reina has gone onto be anywhere near world class. Crouch was decent, Sissoko was decent until his eye injury then went downhill, and Zenden was f**king awful.

So that's the caliber we can attract when being in the Champions League. If a player wants to play for us, they'll play for us regardless. If a player wants to play for us simply because we're in the Champions League then they can f**k off anyway. We're not a stepping stone for players. We're Liverpool Football Club and it should be a f**king honour for any single player to be asked to pull on the famous Red shirt. Not just because we're playing in Europe's elite competition.

F**k them, if they wanna play Champions League football they can f**k off to Glasgow and play for one of those two or better yet f**k off to Manchester and play for one those as according to some of our dickhead fans they're f**king certain to be in the Champions League year on year out because they spend x amount.

Players who play here will play here. Players who don't, won't. Regardless of Champions League football or not.

So back to answering the question if I'd take fourth, nah you're alright. I'd rather try for something that I believe this club strives for - to be first.

So anybody who isn't prepared to fight for the League this year and would rather just take fourth because it means we're back in the be all and end all of modern day football - the Champions League - they can f**k off an all.

So when we dont finish 1st this year you are going to want Kenny sacked as we have failed & you dont settle for failure
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #555: Sep 19, 2011 12:54:41 pm
      So when we dont finish 1st this year you are going to want Kenny sacked as we have failed & you dont settle for failure

Erm no soft sh*te I won't because we will finish first.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #556: Sep 19, 2011 12:59:16 pm

Let's try and keep this to usernames only please, official christian names are not allowed.  :angel:
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #557: Sep 19, 2011 01:02:46 pm

If you say so, would you like to bet on that hard lad?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #558: Sep 19, 2011 01:04:36 pm

Aye I'll bet me sanity on it because I'm already losing that reading some of the bollocks people post on here.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #559: Sep 19, 2011 01:05:49 pm

Seriously? I just can't understand Liverpool supporters betting against Liverpool.

RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #560: Sep 19, 2011 01:10:47 pm
      Aye I'll bet me sanity on it because I'm already losing that reading some of the bollocks people post on here.

So you arnt really that confident at all then, you just want to get some kind of god knows what super supporter point of view across & hurl abuse at fellow Liverpool fans that you judge to be thick as they dont think we will win the league? Do you really think we will win the league? Honestly?
      Seriously? I just can't understand Liverpool supporters betting against Liverpool.

See, now this is a great answer. I have never betted against us. It goes against the grain. However when a follow Liverpool fan questions my support & claims they are superior then it drives me to doing such. I wouldnt put anymoney on it at the bookies, it was an silly reply made here in haste to a stupid post
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #561: Sep 19, 2011 01:13:55 pm
      So you arnt really that confident at all then, you just want to get some kind of god knows what super supporter point of view across & hurl abuse at fellow Liverpool fans that you judge to be thick as they dont think we will win the league? Do you really think we will win the league? Honestly?

Christ all F***ing mighty, the arl bollocks about super fan again. If a super fan means believing your club has a chance of winning the League, then yeah I'm a super fan. If a super fan means being more concerned with your own than any other club, then yeah I'm a super fan. If a super fan is someone who won't accept second best for his club, then yeah I'm a super fan. And if that's what a super fan, I'm proud as F**k to be one. What type fan you are is anyone's guess.

As for winning the League, yeah I honestly do believe we'll win it.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #562: Sep 19, 2011 01:19:34 pm
      Christ all f**king mighty, the arl bollocks about super fan again. If a super fan means believing your club has a chance of winning the League, then yeah I'm a super fan. If a super fan means being more concerned with your own than any other club, then yeah I'm a super fan. If a super fan is someone who won't accept second best for his club, then yeah I'm a super fan. And if that's what a super fan, I'm proud as f**k to be one. What type fan you are is anyone's guess.

As for winning the League, yeah I honestly do believe we'll win it.

I dont think we will win the league, in fact I know we wont. Im sure of it. Thats just being realistic.

I am far more concerned about my club than any other.

I dont except/like 2nd best either.

So we arnt that far apart, I guess Im just more realistic than you. Any reason for you to rant like a girl for that reason? Like I said, when we dont win the EPL this year I expect you to be calling for Kenny's head as you dont settle for 2nd best
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #563: Sep 19, 2011 01:22:47 pm
      I expect 4th, that is realistic.  I'd like to be in the running for the title come the end of the season, that is possible.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #564: Sep 19, 2011 01:24:27 pm
      I dont think we will win the league, in fact I know we wont. Im sure of it. Thats just being realistic.

Unless you can predict the future, which I'm pretty sure you can't, then you don't know for sure that we won't win the league.

The question in this thread which I think DLS started is would you take 4th right now?

I wouldn't as I said the season is only weeks old and to accept 4th now is a sign that I have no faith in the squad to at least try and win the league.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #565: Sep 19, 2011 01:27:19 pm
      I expect 4th, that is realistic.  I'd like to be in the running for the title come the end of the season, that is possible.

Same here.

At the start of the season I fully expected us to finish atleast 4th, because we've got a better starting 11 and a better squad than Arsenal and Spurs - the 2 sides directly above us last season.
      And I said we'd have a similar points tally to Chelsea come the end of the season.  City being favourites. United being 2nd favourites (because teams sh*t themselves at the sight of them, not because they're that good).

And after 5 games (4 of which we've dominated and should've taken 12 points, and 1 which would've went differently with a fair referee) I'm not going to say that we should expect less than we did at the start.

We're 8 points behind United, but 2 of their next 3 games are Stoke away and Us at Anfield. Could easily be 2 point gap or better after 15th October.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #566: Sep 19, 2011 01:31:45 pm

You know do you? Since you can tell the future, what's the lottery numbers for next week?

I am far more concerned about my club than any other.

That's why you're willing to bet against us. Hmmmm sounds like you're very concerned with us lad.

I dont except/like 2nd best either.

Accept I think you mean. And given your ability to tell the future, you're obviously not gonna be happy then are you but seem like one of those who'd take great pleasure in saying "I told you so".

So we arnt that far apart

No we are. Trust me, we are.

I guess Im just more realistic than you.

No, you're more pessimistic than I am. Realistically we can win the League. I'm saying we can, that's more realistic than saying you're certain we won't.

Any reason for you to rant like a girl for that reason?

Wasn't aware there's a difference between gender on how people rant. Then again I'm not that sexist to suggest that only girls rant a certain way.

Like I said, when we dont win the EPL this year I expect you to be calling for Kenny's head as you dont settle for 2nd best

Well you'll be disappointed again then won't you. Because I won't call for Kenny's head for the simple fact that I don't call for the heads of people who I know have given everything they've got to make us the best. A manager can only do so much and Kenny will be doing everything in his power to ensure we're first.

I will not ask any questions of anybody who has given 100% to the cause this year. That's why I ask questions of "fans" like you.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #567: Sep 19, 2011 01:53:59 pm
      Unless you can predict the future, which I'm pretty sure you can't, then you don't know for sure that we won't win the league.

The question in this thread which I think DLS started is would you take 4th right now?

I wouldn't as I said the season is only weeks old and to accept 4th now is a sign that I have no faith in the squad to at least try and win the league.

You dont need a crystal ball just a little ounce of football knowledge & some common sense.

I also think 4th this year is an achievment & would do if that didnt mean a Champs League place, as it is a massive improvement on last year.

Be interesting to see when its acceptable for you to accecpt it. I also cant see how that other bloke would want nothing but Kenny sacked if we dont finish 1st with his attitude
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #568: Sep 19, 2011 02:01:17 pm
      There is Realism and there is Optimism.

Perception and then there is Reality.

Fourth and First.

What we all want to achieve and what we need to achieve are three league places apart.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,336 posts | 4962 
      Reply #569: Sep 19, 2011 02:02:33 pm
      Be interesting to see when its acceptable for you to accecpt it. I also cant see how that other bloke would want nothing but Kenny sacked if we dont finish 1st with his attitude

What is unacceptable for me is accepting 4th place and seeing it as success for the club in early September with well over three quarters of the season still left to play.

We may well end up finishing 5th, 4th, 3rd or second but the question is would I accept 4th if offered it right now and I wouldn't as I see it as a defeatist attitude to be aiming for 4th when we have as much chance as anyone of winning the league.

As for DLS, and I know I don't need to speak for him but you did ask me, you obviously haven't read much of his posts on the forum if you think he would be calling for Kenny to be sacked should we not win the league. He like myself and many others expect us to be aiming to win the title every season but it doesn't mean he will throw his toys out of the pram and over react should we finish lower than 1st.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #570: Sep 19, 2011 02:07:37 pm
      My view is that we have a chance, not a great chance, not a cast iron certain to win the league chance...... but a chance.

We may need a lot of things to go our way. Ref decisions, luck, Gerrard and Suarez to remain fit etc etc but a chance.

So far we haven't been blessed with luck, ref decisions or Gerrard, and if that continues I can see our chances being gone before Christmas. If things turn around a little and we are there or there abouts by Christmas I think our slim chance could become a reasonable chance, if we can then stay in the mix till Easter our reasonable chance could become a good one.

Are we favourites..... no, but to say we have no chance after so few games is a little premature.

Either way I believe Kenny will have done as well or better than any other manager could and will deserve our support.
      Toycel
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts |
      Reply #571: Sep 19, 2011 02:17:48 pm
      1 Manscumchester Utd
      2 Man Citeh
      3 Chelsea
      4???????

Would i take 4th? obviously.
      Utd are going to run away with the league this year and Etihad will be somewhere behind in 2nd. I cant see Chelsea finishing outside the top 3, so that leaves Us Arsenal and probably Spurs fighting it out for 4th. Having played those 2 away from home already, maybe we could finish 4th.
      RedSteve
      • Forum David Johnson

• 220 posts |
      Reply #572: Sep 19, 2011 02:26:16 pm

1)   Lottery numbers? Yes thats exactly like predicting football matches isnt it. Like I said a little common sense!
      2)   To be fair Im not really betting against my club as such. Like I said in reply to S@int (I think) this is more about betting against you, twist & turn it if you like.
      3)   Yes I mean accept, really sorry about that. Pretty pathetic way of deflecting away from your crap arguement. You knew what I meant. I wouldnt take any pleasure in telling you I told you so, not worth saying with regards to this.
      4)   Yes we are, your completely deluded & Im not. If you want to make out your a super fan fire away.
      5)   Pessimistic! Yeah OK whatever. Everton can also win the league dont you think? ;D
      6)   Was a throw away comment, mwe all know that grils do rant in a certain high pitched way (compared to most normal men) from time to time. Again you feel free to twist that into me being whatever. You running out of straws yet? ;D
      7)   And there we have it. You wont want someone sacked for failing, but you dont accept failure.

Conclusion : A complete joke of a debate from you, littered with silly attempted point scoring rubbish to deflect away from the fact that you dont actually think we will win the league but for some reason you like to say we will & then have a pop at other supporters that actually tell it how it is.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #573: Sep 19, 2011 02:37:54 pm
      Lets get real here we havent got the squad to win the league. We are still building here and still are sh*t on the road and don say ye but we beat arsenal there F***ing shockin. Its tough to take and i was opptimistic after the first few games but we really lack a goalscorer and a box to box midfielder. As good as suarez is hes not the best finisher. We still are missing a few pieces. Id be happy with fourth. Rome wasnt built in a day.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,133 posts | 3379 
      Reply #574: Sep 19, 2011 02:57:56 pm
      1)   Lottery numbers? Yes thats exactly like predicting football matches isnt it. Like I said a little common sense!
      2)   To be fair Im not really betting against my club as such. Like I said in reply to S@int (I think) this is more about betting against you, twist & turn it if you like.
      3)   Yes I mean accept, really sorry about that. Pretty pathetic way of deflecting away from your crap arguement. You knew what I meant. I wouldnt take any pleasure in telling you I told you so, not worth saying with regards to this.
      4)   Yes we are, your completely deluded & Im not. If you want to make out your a super fan fire away.
      5)   Pessimistic! Yeah OK whatever. Everton can also win the league dont you think? ;D
      6)   Was a throw away comment, mwe all know that grils do rant in a certain high pitched way (compared to most normal men) from time to time. Again you feel free to twist that into me being whatever. You running out of straws yet? ;D
      7)   And there we have it. You wont want someone sacked for failing, but you dont accept failure.

Conclusion : A complete joke of a debate from you, littered with silly attempted point scoring rubbish to deflect away from the fact that you dont actually think we will win the league but for some reason you like to say we will & then have a pop at other supporters that actually tell it how it is.

1 - given you're certain of events in the future, I thought you'd know the lottery numbers. As you don't, I'll also take you don't for certain whether or not we'll win the League.

2 - so you'd bet that Liverpool lose just to prove me wrong? Like I said earlier, you'd take great pleasure in saying "I told you so"

3 - not deflecting anything as I answered that point. As for the accept/except they mean different things so it is important to get those things right.

4 - yes we are completely different, thank god cos if I was like you I'd be highly disappointed in the type of fan I was. And the super fan, I'm not the one who said I was - you did. I didn't make out I was a super fan, you made that conclusion.

5 - pessimistic you are. And Everton can win the League. Will they? I doubt it. But they certainly could, if results went their way. You obviously don't have any of the common sense you keep banging on about because common sense would tell you these things can happen.

6 - how is it a throw away? You labelled girls to rant in a certain way - that is sexist. Doesn't deflect anything away, just simply pointing out facts. And nah I haven't run out of straws, you may of though.

7 - no because Kenny won't of failed in striving to make us the best, the players might of. Thus far the officials certainly have. But Kenny hasn't so I won't want him sacked because he won't have failed. You have.

Conclusion, your opinion is a joke. And no I do think we'll win the League. Sorry if that's alien to you but it is possible for Liverpool fans to believe we'll win the League. Like I said earlier, you're pessimistic not realistic.

Quick Reply