Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

Torres and Voronin - The Perfect Partnership?

Read 10883 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Re: Torres and Voronin - The Perfect Partnership?
      Reply #23: Mar 26, 2008 08:56:00 pm
      Didn't know Nando was into wearing Leopardskin tracksuits?  :f_tongueincheek:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Mar 27, 2008 06:43:46 am
      Kuyt and torres make better partnership than torres and vorrin but if babel worked with torres we would be scoring more goals that means more points so we would win loads of cups

Who would have known that a fella who posted 7 times got the most correct partnership up front. Hats off to this guy.

But Ra Ra, shocking prediction in the long run but Voro did show great early signs.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #25: Mar 27, 2008 09:52:42 am
      I think the work rate of Kuyt means nothing if he is unable to create something productive out of all the running around the pitch. Against Man U, I really began to wonder what happened to the productive work rate I have become accustomed to. Maybe it's about time we called Voronin back from his rendezvous in Paris with is girlfriend and begin to get some quality labour out of him for all that salary he earns. Kuyt needs to warm the bench a bit.

I really thinks Voronin needs more playing time on the pitch; at least until we can get Bentley, Ashley (Villa) and Villa.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #26: Mar 27, 2008 10:28:37 pm
      Who would have known that a fella who posted 7 times got the most correct partnership up front.

He was only 8 and all, still managed to make more sense than some posters on here :D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #27: Mar 27, 2008 10:53:47 pm
      Who would have known that a fella who posted 7 times got the most correct partnership up front. Hats off to this guy.

Ahem.  ;)

For me I think it will be Torres and Kuyt most of the season.

I think the work rate of Kuyt means nothing if he is unable to create something productive out of all the running around the pitch. Against Man U, I really began to wonder what happened to the productive work rate I have become accustomed to. Maybe it's about time we called Voronin back from his rendezvous in Paris with is girlfriend and begin to get some quality labour out of him for all that salary he earns. Kuyt needs to warm the bench a bit.

I really thinks Voronin needs more playing time on the pitch; at least until we can get Bentley, Ashley (Villa) and Villa.

I think you're spot on about earning his wage. But he's not good enough really. Is he?
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #28: Mar 29, 2008 02:19:18 pm

Yes, get Voro back (minus his ponytail) and get him to sweat it out, he has been away on holiday for too long, payback time. We just do not have enough bite and penetration up front of late. Get Voro into the box to create havoc to free Torres and the rest to score. I'd prefer Voro over Kuyt anytime as the former is truly menacing and if he can strike an understanding with Torres and Stevie, it can be rewarding. But, but is he match fit?
      donrafael
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,645 posts | 48 
      Reply #29: May 11, 2008 05:08:49 pm
      Who needs Santa Cruz?

WE DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #30: Aug 08, 2008 10:47:43 pm
      I was drunk when I made this post, please excuse me
      lil cisse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,957 posts | 62 
      Reply #31: Aug 08, 2008 10:49:07 pm
      Haha, it did look like a good partnership back then though ddnt it. Both were getting goals and playing well and linking up with one antother well on the field.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32: Aug 08, 2008 11:05:19 pm
      :lmao: best pre-season partnership maybe
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #33: Aug 09, 2008 12:50:39 am
      Liverpool's two most prolific strikers.

Hmm...
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #34: Aug 09, 2008 02:55:07 am
      Good partnership but lacked sharpness and pace and thats what Voronin and Torres will give us this season.

Haha, no offence to ya RaRa, but this sentence made me laugh. Voronin and the word 'pace' do not go well together. :D :D

Quick Reply