Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Just saved £120 on my gas and leccy

Read 1421 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Just saved £120 on my gas and leccy
      Jun 09, 2007 05:38:00 pm
      Just been on uSwitch and saved around £120 on my Gas and Electricity a year by changing supplier.

Easiest 10 minutes I spent.

Now if only I could get that kind of pay for every 10 minutes in my 37 hour week - I would be on £1.3 million a year....

If you're lazy or rich then don't bother...
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Just saved £120 on my gas and leccy
      Reply #1: Jun 17, 2007 11:45:01 am
      Glad I'm still 17! :D
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #2: Jul 01, 2011 09:54:43 am
      This is as good a place as any for this.

Switched online to EDF Energy as it's fixed until 2014. Already had problems though. Got a letter telling me my gas is getting switched so rang them to find out why my leccy wasn't listed. Was on hold for 15 minutes before I even spoke to someone. They did say my leccy is getting switched and a separate letter is being sent out. Then I've had murder sorting my online account as it was saying my password was incorrect after I verified my email address - despite the fact I hadn't set one. So when I clicked to get my password reset it starts asking me for my 'memorable date' - again which I haven't set. I think I've managed to sort it now by re-registering but I'm waiting to see.

My question is - has anyone had dealings with them, good or bad? I know I could type in any of the suppliers and find bad reviews, but I also know youse are the people to ask for a good, honest discussion on suppliers.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,013 posts | 3953 
      Reply #3: Jul 01, 2011 10:01:19 am
      This is as good a place as any for this.

Switched online to EDF Energy as it's fixed until 2014. Already had problems though. Got a letter telling me my gas is getting switched so rang them to find out why my leccy wasn't listed. Was on hold for 15 minutes before I even spoke to someone. They did say my leccy is getting switched and a separate letter is being sent out. Then I've had murder sorting my online account as it was saying my password was incorrect after I verified my email address - despite the fact I hadn't set one. So when I clicked to get my password reset it starts asking me for my 'memorable date' - again which I haven't set. I think I've managed to sort it now by re-registering but I'm waiting to see.

My question is - has anyone had dealings with them, good or bad? I know I could type in any of the suppliers and find bad reviews, but I also know youse are the people to ask for a good, honest discussion on suppliers.
      Did the same some time ago mate but then received bills off the former supplier for the change over and any projected saving were lost at a stroke.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #4: Jul 01, 2011 10:09:18 am
      Not so bothered about immediate savings though. It's the long fixed contract that I want - I haven't seen prices going down too often lately, and any company that can get away with 10 and 20 percent increases (as they all do) needs to be nipped in the bud. At least I'll save by 2014 as they'll have gone up another 30-40 percent by then by the looks of things.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #5: Jul 01, 2011 10:17:03 am
      F***ing bills keep goin up , we spend about 500 bucks Australian a quarter per year on electricity . Don't have gas . No need for heating here in Brisbane . Don't have air conditioning or the bills would be fucken ridiculous

Quick Reply