Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Ronaldinho to Chavs?

Read 6890 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Ronaldinho to Chavs?
      Reply #23: Aug 31, 2007 07:35:56 pm
      I hope he doesn't.. I love Ronaldinho I think he's brilliant, I hope he doesn't ruin his life by moving to London :'(

I second you on that Nic, can I call you Nic?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #24: Aug 31, 2007 09:12:54 pm
      AJ - Forum Smoothie  8)

Well this thread looks a load of bollocks - kelv hit nail on head eto'o injured and out for a couple of months, goofy's going nowhere
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: Sep 01, 2007 12:25:28 pm
      Hehe yes you can call me Nic :P

Hopefully you're right Huyton Red! Although the deadline is over the Chavs always seem to have the rules bent around them for some reason or another. DON'T DO IT RONALDINHO!!
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #26: Sep 09, 2007 02:42:30 am
      There is NO WAY he would work in our system.  Rafa is building a team, Ron is one player....chelsea has become 11 great 'individual' players where liverpool have become a team...you cant simply get all sorts of world class players and put them together and expect titles. Two examples.... Los Angeles Lakers, a basketball team (netball I forget what you call it out there) tried it a few years back with gary payton, shaq, kobe, karl malone....All super stars.....they were worthless....Second, look at englands national team...too many greats rather than one strong unit. 
      Ron is fun to watch but not in our side.  let the chelsea tw@ts pick him up....If he goes blue then I will look forward to seeing Carra and finn show him a thing or two about getting stuck in. 
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #27: Sep 09, 2007 03:41:50 pm
      ^^Um yeah, get your facts right.

The only reason the LA Lakers of 03/04 failed to win the championship (mind you, they still got to the finals) is that Karl Malone got injured, and the Lakers didn't have a servicable replacement for him.

Anyway, Masch would deal with Ronaldhinho the same way he deals with Kaka.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #28: Sep 14, 2007 08:59:31 am
      The only reason the LA Lakers of 03/04 failed to win the championship (mind you, they still got to the finals) is that Karl Malone got injured, and the Lakers didn't have a servicable replacement for him.

Are the Lakers like the Everton of basketball? That's exactly the kind of excuse I'd expect a bitter to come out with :D
      The Anfield Warrior
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,029 posts | 32 
      • RED Blooded since '67
      Reply #29: Sep 14, 2007 09:25:00 am
       Are the Lakers like the Everton of basketball? That's exactly the kind of excuse I'd expect a bitter to come out with :D

Nah, the Lakers have won a few Trophies......
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #30: Sep 14, 2007 03:52:13 pm
      ^^Um yeah, get your facts right.

Anyway, Masch would deal with Ronaldhinho the same way he deals with Kaka.
      I'm not trying to be picky, but it's not really a 'fact' is it!
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #31: Sep 14, 2007 04:28:15 pm
      Continuing my La Lakers/Everton theme, everyone knows the Lakers lost because of Heysel.

:D :D :D
      berrypool
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 328 posts |
      • L.A. for LFC
      Reply #32: Sep 21, 2007 12:15:23 am
      My bad on bringing the laker into this...The "facts" are that the whole was less then the sum of all its parts.  Don't get to excited about your knowledge of the Lakers. Noone around here really cares that much.  I love L.A. but snobs like you make us look bad.  p.s. clippers = everton
      scouser_10
      • Forum Ian St John

• 430 posts | -12 
      Ronaldinhio wants contract with Chelsea: No joke...
      Reply #33: Sep 25, 2007 02:42:59 am
      A report from Fox Sports in Australia has confirmed that a British newspaper has said the Barcelona and Brazil star Ronaldinhio has had a fall out with coach Frank Riijkard, and wants to talk about a contract to sign with Chelsea.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #34: Sep 25, 2007 12:00:02 pm
      A report from Fox Sports in Australia has confirmed that a British newspaper has said the Barcelona and Brazil star Ronaldinhio has had a fall out with coach Frank Riijkard, and wants to talk about a contract to sign with Chelsea.

Said paper would be The Sun, and we all know how reliable their stories are.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #35: Mar 28, 2008 08:25:53 am
      From Sky Sports this morning:

Ronnie could leave - agent

Assis reveals 'strained' relationship with Barca

Ronaldinho's 'strained' relationship with Barcelona could see the Brazilian star leave the Spanish giants in the summer, according to the player's brother and agent Roberto Assis. The 28-year-old forward's future at Camp Nou has been the subject of intense speculation over the course of the season as he has struggled for form and fitness. Milan have been strongly linked with a summer move for the former Paris Saint Germain ace, while Chelsea are also reportedly monitoring his situation. Ronaldinho came under further pressure when recent scans revealed he was not carrying a thigh injury, despite the player's claims to the contrary. And in light of his seemingly eroding relationship with Barca, Assis has revealed that he is considering invoking article 17 of Fifa's transfer regulations as the value of the release clause in his contract is thought to be prohibitively high.

Article 17 allows players to buy out the remainder of their contract under certain circumstances and would likely prove a cheaper option.

Assis told GloboEsporte.com: "The possibility of Ronaldinho leaving Barcelona is always there.

"We are aware of the release clause, but we also know about the existence of article 17. Anything is possible.

"In football, results determine how things go. Barcelona have not won anything since last season and, as Ronaldinho is the star of the team, he is the one who is given the worst criticism."

Assis did not rule out the possibility of Ronaldinho moving to fierce rivals Real Madrid, saying: "It has already happened a number of times, even to big names such as Luis Figo.

"However, I don't like to name specific clubs."

Assis added that Ronaldinho could stay at the Camp Nou should Barca lift either the Primera Liga or UEFA Champions League title come the end of the season.

He said: "The relationship is strained, but imagine if Barca win the Champions League. They wouldn't let him go if he was a champion, would they?

"With their hands on a title, everything would be different."

Here's an old story that just keeps coming back around. It seems plausible to me that Ronaldinho could consider leaving Barca this summer, and with the source of the info being his brother (and agent), it seems solid. What is less certain is where he would want to go, as no specific clubs have been mentioned for sure. What is sure however is that Chelsea would put up the money asked for him, and it wouldn't be good news for us.

This would bring them one step closer to Man Utd and Arsenal in terms of creative talent, something that we are sorely lacking at the moment. Now I'm not saying we should (or could) make a move for him, I just feel that until we have a player-maker of this quality we're going to have a lot of trouble winning the league. We have players with potential who aren't quite there yet (Lucas, Babel), but I don't know if they'll be peaking in time for next season.

Reading stories like this (however much truth there is in it!) does make me impatient for Rafa to start making it clear who he intends to go for in the summer! Still, can't blame him - I'm sure he still has no idea what budget he can be thinking of, or even if there is going to be one if the Americans are still here by then!
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #36: Mar 28, 2008 04:49:17 pm
      If he's going for as cheaply as 12m as has been reported then i say we go for it, altough he has taken a lot of criticism recently, he is the ex world player of the year, maybe a new challenge will reignite him, him and Torres up front would be fearsome to any defence in the world.
      Court LFC

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #37: Mar 28, 2008 05:11:07 pm
      If he's going for as cheaply as 12m as has been reported then i say we go for it, altough he has taken a lot of criticism recently, he is the ex world player of the year, maybe a new challenge will reignite him, him and Torres up front would be fearsome to any defence in the world.

I'm not too sure that he would suit the Premier League.  If that's just me being pessimistic.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #38: Mar 28, 2008 05:13:16 pm
      I would rather us not go for Ronaldinho for £12m. How old is he? 28 going onto 29? He is well overweight and has lost his passion for the game.

Rather spend £12m on the next Ronaldinho, rather than the once was best player on the globe!
      I think he should join Roberto Carlos at Fenerbache (The Brazilian once a great club)
      RedWilly

• 9,224 posts | 1646 
      Reply #39: Mar 28, 2008 11:01:24 pm
      I know that some might not agree with us signing Ronaldinho, but i feel he could be well suited to the prem, he is physically strong, got pace and every trick in the book. He will obviously get fouled a hell of a lot over here, but if he came then I'm sure Rafa wouldn't stand for any nonsense from him, he would get him his weight back on track. And as someone stated above somewhere we are in desperate need of a player who has got creativity while other players develop (i.e. Babel)

It's a risk but look what Utd did with Ronaldo, no-one knew if he would hack it in the PL, but he has set it on fire. And if we want to challenge then I feel we will have to take a few risks.
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #40: Mar 29, 2008 12:50:35 am
      If Ronaldinho was to lose a stone in weight then I'd say yes. He's not able to produce the tricks he once could, he's lost his determination and thats quite clear to the eye right now - watch Barcelona and you'll see what I mean.
      curse
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts | -1 
      • Torres = GOALS!!
      Reply #41: Mar 29, 2008 10:53:24 am
      I would rather us not go for Ronaldinho for £12m. How old is he? 28 going onto 29? He is well overweight and has lost his passion for the game.

First of all every manager and coach knows that when a player reaches that age he comes into his peak, secondly how can you say hes lost his passion for the game when hes one of the few players who play with a (all be it goofy) grin on his face. I dont know if you saw his sportmanship. Kicking the ball out no he flicked it up and backheeled it out of the ground without even looking and you say his passions gone. Also hed be a great influence for our younger players you must have heard how well he gets on with the younger trainees at barca. One bad season doesnt mean that your career is over look at Jermain Defoe crap at White Hart Lane but a move to Portsmouth relit his career. And at 12 mill its worth it considering we payed 18.5 for Mascherano who is admittedly younger and this is not meant to sound as though i think hes rubbish I think hes been one of our best players since he moved here. By the way who have we got in our squad who was the 'ex world footballer of the year'? we dont even have the European player of the year. I guess the gist of this little rant would be i would like to buy him.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #42: Mar 29, 2008 11:39:08 pm
      Even if he was sold for 12 mill can you imagine the wages he'd want. To much risk as it could have a destabilizing effect on the buying club...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #43: Mar 30, 2008 03:55:00 pm
      The way Chelsea played today against Middlesborough, they would definately be looking for someone to play some real attacking footy.

Quick Reply