Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Charlie Adam (Liverpool > Stoke)

Read 254589 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Charlie Adam Player Thread
      Reply #46: Jul 08, 2011 12:20:06 am
      Charlie Adam completed his move to Liverpool and immediately declared: 'Let's bring the good times back!'

Adam put the finishing touches to his move from Blackpool after successfully passing a medical and putting pen to paper on his new Anfield deal.

With speculation rife for months that the Scottish midfielder would be on his way to Merseyside, Adam is now happy to focus on the future and play his part in the club's quest for honours.

"I am absolutely delighted to be here," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "It has been a long process but now I can't wait to get started and hopefully this will be a successful period in my career and in the club's history.

"Liverpool is a massive club with terrific players and a terrific manager. You have seen since the new manager came in the forward strides that have been made. Kenny has a terrific respect from players and people in the game. He is a wonderful manager and it's an honour to be able to say I'm going to be able to play for Liverpool.

"I see this as the perfect development for me to come here, play with such wonderful players and hopefully help the team to win trophies, because that's the most important thing.

"I'm delighted to be able to walk out on the same pitch as some of the players here. There are good players at the club, top, top players who I want to learn from. I want to become a better player and hopefully bring something to the team.

"Hopefully we can have a successful period because it's been missing now for a couple of years. At the end of the day you get judged on trophies and as a footballer you want to win as many as you can. This club has had a lot of success over the years, so let's get back to doing that."

Adam silenced the Kop last season by netting a penalty at the Kop end during Blackpool's shock 2-1 Anfield victory - but now he's looking forward to instead putting smiles on the faces of Liverpool fans.

"Since I've known about Liverpool's interest I've been looking at the website and obviously playing here last season, the passion of the supporters, they know what it means and they're there to support the team. That's what you want as a player, to know the fans will back you to the hilt through thick and thin.

"I tasted Anfield last year, scoring here was an unbelievable feeling and hopefully I've got many more days like that as a Liverpool player."

One thing Adam could be forgiven for is feeling a sense of relief at no longer having to face a daily bombardment of messages on his Twitter account from fans desperate for a transfer update.

"It's been difficult because everyone has been asking what's happening and I haven't known," he said. "I'm just glad it's done now and I can focus on the football. I'm here to play football and we are looking forward to a successful season and a successful future for Liverpool Football Club."

Welcome to Liverpool Charlie  :)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #47: Jul 08, 2011 12:22:06 am
      Welcome to Liverpool Football Club Charlie, hope you have a very successful career with LFC.

I think he'll relish the prospect of playing at Anfield, he did so well against us last season, lets hope he turns it on for us.

I expect him to be quite vocal on the field of play being used to organising the Blackpool team, be interesting to see how he copes with instructions from Gerrard and Carra.

Get stuck in Charlie, work hard, score a few goals and you'll soon be the darling of the Kop.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #48: Jul 08, 2011 12:29:08 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #49: Jul 08, 2011 01:50:49 am
      A bit of Scottish grit never did Liverpool any harm in the past. Welcome to the club Charlie! Let's fly!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #50: Jul 08, 2011 03:48:43 am
      Charlie Adam welcome to the best club in the land and may your deadly left foot bring us success in our shirt.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,605 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Jul 08, 2011 04:25:05 am
      W E L C O M E

Charlie Adam to

L F C  and hope you bring success to the club and yourself as well.

:kop5cf8koxp6:  :aaliverpoolwz0:  :aaliverpool2xt1:
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #52: Jul 08, 2011 04:37:30 am
      He really has worked on his tummy over the summer. Looks in very good shape now.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,846 posts | 6785 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #53: Jul 08, 2011 05:06:30 am
      Welcome to The Best Football Club on the Planet, Charlie.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #54: Jul 08, 2011 05:18:48 am
      I am absolutely delighted about this, I'm a big fan of his as I've stated many times during the season. Welcome to LFC, Charlie, best of luck in a red shirt.

Cheers for the link mate, his accent is pretty cool ;D
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #55: Jul 08, 2011 06:02:50 am
      With Comolli's mentioning how much set-piece goals are a % of total scoring, with the talk of wanting and needing a left foot...just everything he said and the way he said it...Charlie is going to be a lot more then someone coming off the bench if you ask me.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #56: Jul 08, 2011 07:07:33 am
      You alluded to this but it's been a bit of a saga. There must be an element of relief?

It was a bit of a saga. We're relieved because there were other buyers, other takers. But the fact is the player said to all the clubs that approached him that he wanted to join Liverpool. This made it easier for us to do the deal.

Comes from an interview with comolli. This is the attitude I like!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2857 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #57: Jul 08, 2011 08:24:34 am
      Welcome on board Charlie

I have every faith you will prove to be a canny signing. Best of luck
      *LFC 4EVA*
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 805 posts |
      • *LFC 4LIFE*
      Reply #58: Jul 08, 2011 08:39:16 am
      welcome charlie  good luck and all the best mate i think he will be the new set piece taker now YNWA IKKWT
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #59: Jul 08, 2011 08:57:43 am
      Topics merged and re-opened.

Welcome to the greatest club in the world, Charlie.

We've been pursuing you since January. You better be worth it. ;)

YNWA
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #60: Jul 08, 2011 09:56:48 am
       I like the interview. When you're 1-0 down at Bolton on a Wednesday night in February and there's 10 minutes to go, you want someone who is going to dig in and do something. Sometimes by sheer force of will a team can make something happen, a sheer refusal to get beat. Man Utd have done it for years because they have lots of players who have that mentality, I've a bit of a hunch that Adam is a bit like that himself. We could definately do with more of it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #61: Jul 08, 2011 11:07:42 am
      I make no apology for reproducing a previous post:

I'll admit to perhaps just seeing his goals, assists and games against us as being reason enough to like the lad and rate him good enough for us to sign. I'm a simple man and I may be easily swayed by the 'pretty' things I witnessed Charlie do; whilst ignoring his faults. It's very possible that I may have looked on in envy and thought that he'll excel with us. I said as much to a mate this morning. In short: I was questioning myself (still am, if truth be told) but you know what? ...

Bear with me; I'm thinking: we've signed Adam, because Kenny/Clarke/Comolli have seen much more in him than I have surely? Surely, to sweet F**k, they are too experienced not to be as easily swayed as me? They couldn't have signed this "slow", "over-weight", "second-rate", player for the same simplistic reasons as I like him (i.e. "he was good last season"); could they? Please tell me they're not.

Do I know where he'll play? No, not my problem - I'm happy to leave that to the proper experts. Can I guarantee his success? No, all new signings from Morientes to Torres to Adam are a gamble. Do I rate Charlie? Hell yes - In my opinion Charlie's a good 'un and now he's our good 'un.

Welcome to the start of something big at Anfield Charlie. YNWA.  :scarf:
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #62: Jul 08, 2011 11:45:11 am
      I had my reservations, but I am going to wish him all the best and hope he does really well.

In fact I'd like nothing better than for him to make me eat my words.

Welcome Charlie.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #63: Jul 08, 2011 11:54:25 am
      Make the best of the best opportunity you will ever have Charlie!! From Blackpool to a premiership winning team ay!?  ;)
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #64: Jul 08, 2011 11:58:57 am
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #65: Jul 08, 2011 12:21:36 pm
      People are well of my opinions of Adam as a player, I hope he proves he has more ability than I give him credit for. Anyway enough of that welcome to Anfield Charlie
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #66: Jul 08, 2011 12:29:29 pm
      Oooooob oooooh ooooooh
      We got the best midfield in the world
      We got Stevie Geerard
      Raul & Adam
      Lucas and
      Jordan hendoooooo

Welcome Charlie lad. Show us you can cut it.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #67: Jul 08, 2011 12:41:55 pm
      They're saying on SKY it  6.5 mill. If he even figures partly as a squad player that's quite cheap these days.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #68: Jul 08, 2011 12:51:12 pm
      To be honest i'm not over the moon about this, far from it actually. Maybe i haven't seen him play enough but i really don't think he can add the quality to the squad that we need, and it's not just because of the club we have got him from, i just think that there would have been better choices than him. Also i think there are areas of the squad that need to be improved a lot more than the CM. But i am willing to give him a chance and will happily admit i was wrong if he turns out to be a hit.

Quick Reply