Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Charlie Adam (Liverpool > Stoke)

Read 255219 times
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Charlie Adam Player Thread
      Reply #2622: Dec 28, 2011 12:26:18 pm

Mate had we been clinical and converted more than our misely %8 of chances we'd have more than gotten away with it.
      Mate your looking way to much into that stat
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2623: Dec 28, 2011 12:27:32 pm
      A little reasoning in here.

All of games we have played this season, we have had the lions share of posession, we have had the territorial advantage, we have created more chances than the opposition with teh exception of Swansea and Spurs, that Includes, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Man City.

Adam is doing his job in helping us create chances, Adam is his doing his job in helping us retain possession.

Obviously there will be exceptions when he gives teh ball away or gives away a needless foul that grants the opposition possession.

But overall its our forwards who are not converting chances and is the main reason we are not putting games to bed.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2624: Dec 28, 2011 12:29:24 pm
      Mate your looking way to much into that stat

Nah I'm not Corbs, we are the highest creators in the league and yet have the lowest conversion rate, its a very significant stat to be honest.

It sums up the story of our season.

How many times have we said the Kepper had the game of his life against us ?

How many times have we said, hit the F***ing woodwork again !! ?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #2625: Dec 28, 2011 12:31:11 pm
      Adam is doing his job in helping us create chances

Not so sure about it. After all, he was supposed to great at set-pieces, yet we are not creating any chances from Adam's set-pieces. It seems that this is just another made-up "fact" by Adam's groupees.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2626: Dec 28, 2011 12:31:49 pm
      Not so sure about it. After all, he was supposed to great at set-pieces, yet we are not creating any chances from Adam's set-pieces. It seems that this is just another made-up "fact" by Adam's groupees.

I can Guarantee you haven't seen me say that !!
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #2627: Dec 28, 2011 12:35:01 pm
      I can Guarantee you haven't seen me say that !!

You still haven't answered my question:

So basically, you agree that Adam's set-pieces, allegedly his strongest weapon, have actually been sh*t at LFC ?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2628: Dec 28, 2011 12:44:42 pm
      I agree Adams set piece delivery has been poor yes.

As I said a few replies up.

Yeh his set pieces have been gash.

Now you answer my question you have been dodging.

8% - Liverpool have converted the lowest % of shots into goals in the 2011-12 Premier League.

Now wouldn't you believe that is more concerning than Adam's place in the starting XI ?

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2629: Dec 28, 2011 12:49:26 pm
      Jaysus blood for someone who doesn't really rate him you go out of your way to defend him in all your time havent seen you defend a player like u are defending Adam since you joined the site. Ive seen you discuss game intelligence a lot and like me you seem to think it is very important. Strange then u back a lad who has zero of it and in such a vital role
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2630: Dec 28, 2011 12:56:22 pm
      Ive seen you discuss game intelligence a lot and like me you seem to think it is very important. Strange then u back a lad who has zero of it and in such a vital role

I'm defending him because we have had no other option but to play him really mate and with his inclusion in the starting XI we are 3 points off top 4 and if it wasn't for poor finishing we'd be sat higher than we are now, so I think some of the stick he is getting is way over the top, especially when he's getting blamed for our forwards not converting their chances.

As a squad player he's come in and done exactly what is expected of a squad player, yet he's being hammered.

Again.

A little reasoning in here.

All of games we have played this season, we have had the lions share of posession, we have had the territorial advantage, we have created more chances than the opposition with teh exception of Swansea and Spurs, that Includes, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United, Man City.

Adam is doing his job in helping us create chances, Adam is his doing his job in helping us retain possession.

Obviously there will be exceptions when he gives teh ball away or gives away a needless foul that grants the opposition possession.

But overall its our forwards who are not converting chances and is the main reason we are not putting games to bed.

Now I could understand all the sh*te aimed at Adam if teams were bossing us all over the park and we were creating F**k all, but that is not the case.
      « Last Edit: Dec 28, 2011 01:07:56 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #2631: Dec 28, 2011 01:05:12 pm
      I'm defending him because we have had no other option but to play him really mate and with his inclusion in the starting XI we are 3 points off top 4 and if it wasn't for poor finishing we'd be sat higher than we are now, so I think some of the stick he is getting is way over the top, especially when he's getting blamed for our forwards not converting their chances.

As a squad player he's come in and done exactly what is expected of a squad player, yet he's being hammered.
      Look the main problem in our team is Henderson...Adam will benefit when Gerrard returns
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2632: Dec 28, 2011 01:13:26 pm
      Have to be honest a midfield of Adam and Gerrard scares me. Gerrard is at his best when playing with someone with discipline so he can get forward. Spearing and Gerrard makes a hell of a lot more sense if we are continuing to play a two.  They would have a hell of a lot more balance
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2633: Dec 28, 2011 02:07:00 pm

The simple way of not contradicting yourself.

Refuse to answer. ;D
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2634: Dec 28, 2011 03:42:33 pm
      Please keep posts about our chance conversion ratio in a more appropriate thread, cheers.

Charlie Adam can't set up and score all our goals himself.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #2635: Dec 28, 2011 03:51:01 pm
      I agree Adams set piece delivery has been poor yes.

As I said a few replies up.

I think that our efficiency would improve significantly, once we start to use our strongest weapons. I agree that our chances' conversion ratio has been poor, but at the same time, we are not playing to our strengths, and we are definitely not using properly our £35 million striker to the best of his abilities. Anyone who has watched Carroll at Newcastle would know that Barton's quality delivery was one of the main reasons for Carroll's efficiency. At LFC, that is not the case, mostly because Adam's set-pieces have been under the required level. Once we improve our dead-ball delivery, Carroll's efficiency will improve, as well as our overall efficiency.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2636: Dec 28, 2011 04:25:47 pm
      More than half Carroll twenty eight goals for Newcastle were from set pieces
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #2637: Dec 28, 2011 04:27:13 pm
      The criticism of Charlie from some portion of fans, is way over the top - on the verge of knee-jerking.

He moved from Blackpool - a small club, with limited expectations who have just got relegated. Where Charlie is seen as one of their great players - to Liverpool - a huge club, with huge expectations. With some fans already putting him down and not even giving him any chance to prove his worth before he's even played a match.

Now we're half way through the season, and i've been very pleased with Adam. His biggest strength in my opinion, is his commitment to the club - he isn't afraid of putting his body where it hurts. Many games this season he has worked harder then any other player - where many fans were questioning his fitness. He's our joint top goal scorer from midfielder - while having created two own-goals by himself.

I think a lot of people need to realise, that this is our second choice midfield. Due to circumstances with injuries which were impossible to predict. Gerrard's been out nearly the entire season, and Lucas is out for the rest of the season. 

Charlie Adam is a squad player - our second choice attacking midfielder, behind Gerrard. So blaming Adam for our season's faults is pathetic, we're only three points of 4th, that's with hitting the post more then any other side, by a large margin. That's with us missing a bucket load of chances - many quality chances - which is mainly the strikers fault, who deserve the blame, not Adam.

We have no other option but to play him and when he's been called upon - he's done a decent job. He's works tirelessly, gotten goals and his passing has been okay.

It does take time to adjust from a club, with very little expectations, with very little support - to one of the biggest clubs in the world, to having much greater expectations.

His set plays have been the main disappointed for me - at Blackpool, he had a create delivery on him. I thrived on the thought of his set plays which i thought would create many goals. But since he's joined us, his deliver have been below his high stand but i suspect he will improve.

Everything else in his game i've been throughly impressed with and his commitment for the club should be admired.

As a squad player, he's done exactly what has been expected of him, plus more - during an injury troubled spell, he's came into the team and played an important part. If it wasn't for bad luck, poor finishing and generally poor performances from our strikers - we would be easily be inside the top 4 cruising.

I do think he deserves a rest - he's been working is socks off in nearly every-match he plays, and it's starting to get to him. He seemed to tire very quickly against Wigan, and again against Blackburn before he got replace by Gerrard. It's been a poor week for him, missed penalty, own-goal and two poor performances. But overall so far i've been very pleased and satisfied with his performances - coming into the team during an injury stricken time as a squad player.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2638: Dec 28, 2011 04:58:13 pm
      Nieve to think the problem is just about our strikers, would go into the stats again but the post will only get deleted. Agree with you he is only a squad player, have no doubt if Gerrard had played the games Adam has we would be in a much better position.

Basically what I'm saying is the next time we purchase a centre midfielder I hope he is of top quality because he maybe Gerrards long term replacement because Adam aint.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2639: Dec 28, 2011 05:03:36 pm
       Some embarrassing posts in here.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #2640: Dec 28, 2011 05:05:37 pm
      would go into the stats again but the post will only get deleted.

Those earlier posts weren't deleted, I merged them into the Why Can't We Score thread, as I felt they had more relevance there.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2641: Dec 28, 2011 05:05:55 pm
      I agree that our chances' conversion ratio has been poor, but at the same time, we are not playing to our strengths, and we are definitely not using properly our £35 million striker to the best of his abilities.

Well that is something you will have to take up with Kenny considering he has only started 9 of our 18 league games.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2642: Dec 28, 2011 05:05:58 pm
      Nieve to think the problem is just about our strikers, would go into the stats again but the post will only get deleted.

It didn't get deleted, just moved.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2643: Dec 28, 2011 05:07:02 pm
      No more than posts that say the lad is top class, i actually think there is very good arguments put from both sides, dont see anything embarrasing at all. If Adam was the level you thought Mick would be very little debate in here
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #2644: Dec 28, 2011 05:08:00 pm
      It didn't get deleted, just moved.
      Didn't know that, thanks, actually thought it was an interesting argument agree it was the wrong place for it though

Quick Reply