Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 4th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

The top 6 teams(Updated on 16.07.11)

Read 3467 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      The top 6 teams(Updated on 16.07.11)
      Jun 24, 2011 01:17:11 pm
      I made a similar post last year with the top4 teams in which we were to compare the squads.

Man Utd                  Chelsea                      Arsenal                       Tottenham               Man City

De Gea                   Cech                          3average GK               Gomez/Friedel           Hart
      Raphael                   Ivanovic/Bosingwa        Sagna                        Corluka                   Zabaleta
      Ferdinand/Jones       Terry                           vermaelen                  Gallas                     Kompany
      Vidic                       Luiz                            Koscielny                    Dawson                  Toure/Richards
      Evra                       Cole                            Clichy*/Gibbs              Assou-Ekotto          Kolarov
      Nani                       Essien/Mikel                  Fabregas/Wilshere        Lennon                  Barry
      Valencia/Young        Ramires                        Nasri                          Modric                   De Jong
      Fletcher                  Lampard                      Diaby                          Palacios                 Milner
      (New CM)                Malouda                      Arshavin                      Bale                      Silva
      Rooney                   Drogba                        Walcott/Gervinho          Van der Vart          Tevez
      Berbatov                 Torres                         Van Persie                   Defoe                   Ballotelli/Dzeko

Liverpool
      Reina
      Johnson
      Carragher
      Agger/Skrtel
      (New LB)(likely Cissoko)
      Lucas
      Gerrard
      Mereiles/Adam/Aquilani/Henderson
      Suarez
      Kuyt/Downing
      Carroll

I've tried to put the stongest team from the actual squad of the top 6 teams. There are players which may be sold or bought or not in the starting 11.

GK- We definitely have the best goalkeeper of the EPL.
      RB- We definitely have the best RB of the EPL
      2 CBs- Chelsea and Man Utd have the best defensive pair but Ferdinand is injury prone; so it's Chelsea.
      LB- Evra is according to be the most solid. However he is very rarely decisive in attack(few assists and goals)

Best defenders- Chelsea
      Worst defenders - Arsenal(They need to invest heavily in the defense- Koscielny is the worst defender of the top 6 teams) Vermaelen is class though. However although Chelsea has very good defenders; Man Utd and Lfc defend the better as a team(midfielders included). Chelsea's defense is mainly based on individuality.  With a good, solid LB and with a fit Agger we have the 2nd best defense of EPL.

Formations:
      4-4-2  Man Utd, (4-4-1-1)Tottenham
      4-3-3 Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool(based on last season matches-without Gerrard though)
      4-2-3-1 Man City and Maybe LFC

Man Utd has no doubt the best wingers of the league. It's a must as they play 4-4-2.
      Tottenham has the best starting midfield in general but lacks depth on the bench to provide quality cover for Lennon, Bale, Modric, Van der Vart. They were lucky with injuries. Modric may leave.
      It seems that Arsenal(unless they buy this summer) will lose many key players this summer.
      Man City will buy top players again and will have the best attacking midfielders I guess.
      Chelsea has good but old CMs.

Liverpool- We have a very good spinal cord(Gerrard, Mereiles and Lucas) add Adam, Aquilani, Poulsen???, Spearing, Shelvey, . We have the best central midfield of the EPL.

"Adam is not good enough and is not needed even if we sell Mereiles, Adam is nowhere as good as Mereiles or Aquilani."!!!????
      I was completely wrong! :O The guy is a wonderful signing.

Strikers.
      Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea have a world class attack and depth.

Tottenham need 2 wingers and 1 striker at least.

"We need a marquee winger and a back-up winger to be strong enough."  Unless we receive a bid for either Cole or Maxi it seems they'll both be in the team next season. (based on Comolli's interview)

My Conclusion:
      We have a squad strong enough for top 4. We can finish 2nd or 3rd. To finish 1st I think  we need to sell Maxi and sign another winger maybe N'zogbia.

YNWA!
      « Last Edit: Jul 16, 2011 03:45:02 pm by alex1995 »
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: The top 6 teams
      Reply #1: Jun 24, 2011 02:24:23 pm
      Sorry, but there is not much point in this at the moment to be honest. Wait until the start of the season when we will pretty much know the squads, too much transfer business to speculate at this stage.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2: Jun 24, 2011 05:58:40 pm
       We have the best goalkeeper.

The Mancs have the best centre halves in Vidic and Ferdinand.

The best left back is a dead heat for me between Cole and Evra (forget stats and "assists" BTW, both create mayhem when they go forward and directly contribute to lots of goals being scored). Some people will jump up and down and say "what about Leighton Baines"? He isn't even in either players stratosphere, but they'll say it anyway.

The best right back is tricky but I like ours.

The best wide midfielders are Bale and Nani, while Fabregas is IMHO the best central midfielder in the league, followed by Gerrard.

Up top Rooney and Suarez for me.

Currently, if the league started tomorrow it would be the same teams in the top four with us trying to gate-crash it.   
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #3: Jun 24, 2011 06:38:06 pm
      Fabregas is not the best midfielder in the league.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #4: Jun 24, 2011 06:40:38 pm
      Bit early to know who is going after who,would do this just after the window closes,cause city chelsea and arsenal will all sign players as well as us and utd,so i think its easy to put last years team on paper. ???
      vitez
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,701 posts | 156 
      Reply #5: Jun 24, 2011 07:03:13 pm
      Best GK: Reina (high defensive line)/Hart (deep defensive line)
      Best RB: Johnson
      Best CBs: Kompany/Vidic
      Best LB: Baines (Evra/Cole from the top six - depends on what you like from a fullback)
      Best CMs of some sort: Lucas, Y.Toure, Modric, Nasri, Meireles, VdV (each offer something different, take your pick)
      Best wingers/wide mids: Nani, Silva, Malouda
      Best strikers of some sort: Tevez, Hernandez, Suarez, Torres :f_tongueincheek:
      « Last Edit: Jun 24, 2011 07:28:28 pm by vitez »
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #6: Jun 24, 2011 07:24:16 pm
      Fabregas is not the best midfielder in the league.

Cool. Glad we've cleared that one up.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #7: Jun 24, 2011 08:33:37 pm
      Cool. Glad we've cleared that one up.

If you meant Johnson when you mentioned fullbacks, I don't agree with that one either mate. I am not even sure he's the best fullback at Liverpool never mind in the league. :)

I was expecting him to be sold in this transfer window, but obviously Kenny wants cover for left back :D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #8: Jun 24, 2011 09:17:16 pm
      If you meant Johnson when you mentioned fullbacks, I don't agree with that one either mate. I am not even sure he's the best fullback at Liverpool never mind in the league. :)

:D

You've never rated him S@int, and I always have. In fairness, since he's been at Liverpool we could probably accept a draw. At his best he's been a beast, at his worst he is f*cking awful. I remain hopeful that he will produce much more of the former than the latter as time goes on. I can't offer any logical reason why he should, apart from a somewhat hopeful "not Kenny's got hold of him" or some other b0ll0cks. I like him though mate, and for me he's the best of a fairly mediocre bunch, from Sagna.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Reply #9: Jun 25, 2011 09:00:03 am
      We have the best goalkeeper.

The Mancs have the best centre halves in Vidic and Ferdinand.

The best left back is a dead heat for me between Cole and Evra (forget stats and "assists" BTW, both create mayhem when they go forward and directly contribute to lots of goals being scored). Some people will jump up and down and say "what about Leighton Baines"? He isn't even in either players stratosphere, but they'll say it anyway.

The best right back is tricky but I like ours.

The best wide midfielders are Bale and Nani, while Fabregas is IMHO the best central midfielder in the league, followed by Gerrard.

Up top Rooney and Suarez for me.

Currently, if the league started tomorrow it would be the same teams in the top four with us trying to gate-crash it.   

It's blasphemy! A fit Gerrard(and he warned that he will be fitter than ever) is unstoppable. Fabregas is a world class player but nowhere as good as (fit)Gerrard.

I truely hope that Chelsea doesn't find a solution to Torres' problem. If he regains his form of the 2008/2009 season, Chelsea can-with the new signings-be more dangerous than Man Utd.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,985 posts | 5043 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #10: Jun 25, 2011 09:23:04 am
      I made a similar post last year with the top4 teams in which we were to compare the squads.

Man Utd                  Chelsea                      Arsenal                       Tottenham               Man City

(new GK)                 Cech                          3average GK               Gomez/Friedel           Hart
      Raphael                   Ivanovic/Bosingwa        Sagna                        Corluka                   Zabaleta
      Ferdinand/Jones       Terry                           vermaelen                  Gallas                     Kompany
      Vidic                       Luiz                            Koscielny                    Dawson                  Toure/Richards
      Evra                       Cole                            Clichy*/Gibbs              Assou-Ekotto          Kolarov
      Nani                       Essien/Mikel                  Fabregas/Wilshere        Lennon                  Barry
      Valencia/Young        Ramires                        Nasri                          Modric                   De Jong
      Fletcher                  Lampard                      Diaby                          Palacios                 Milner
      (New CM)                Malouda                      Arshavin                      Bale                      Silva
      Rooney                   Drogba                        Walcott                       Van der Vart          Tevez
      Berbatov                 Torres                         Van Persie                   Defoe                   Ballotelli/Dzeko

Liverpool
      Reina
      Johnson
      Carragher
      Agger/Skrtel
      (New LB)(likely Clichy, Enrique or a good surprise from KK)
      Lucas
      Gerrard
      Mereiles*/Adam (I don't rate him)/Aquilani/Henderson
      Suarez
      Kuyt/(Downing/N'zogbia/a marquee  signing ;))
      Carroll

I've tried to put the stongest team from the actual squad of the top 6 teams. There are players which may be sold or bought or not in the starting 11.

GK- We will definitely have the best goalkeeper of the EPL nest year unless Man N signs Neuer or Casillas(debatable).
      2 CBs- Chelsea and Man Utd have the best defensive pair but Ferdinand is injury prone; so it's Chelsea.
      LB- Evra is according to be the most solid. However he is very rarely decisive in attack(few assists and goals)

Best defenders- Chelsea
      Worst defenders - Arsenal(They need to invest heavily in the defense- Koscielny is the worst defender of the top 6 teams) Vermaelen is class though. However although Chelsea has very good defenders; Man Utd and Lfc defend the better as a team(midfielders included). Chelsea's defense is mainly based on individuality.  With a good, solid LB and with a fit Agger we have the 2nd best defense of EPL.

Formations:
      4-4-2  Man Utd, (4-4-1-1)Tottenham
      4-3-3 Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool(based on last season matches-without Gerrard though)

Man Utd has no doubt the best wingers of the league. It's a must as they play 4-4-2.
      Tottenham has the best starting midfield in general but lacks depth on the bench to provide quality cover for Lennon, Bale, Modric, Van der Vart. They were lucky with injuries.
      It seems that Arsenal(unless they buy this summer) will lose many key players this summer.
      Man City will buy top players again and will have the best attacking midfielders I guess.

Liverpool- We have a very good spinal cord(Gerrard, Mereiles and Lucas). Henderson, Shelvey and Spearing is a decent cover. With Aquilani(hope he stays), we'll have the best central midfield of the EPL. Adam is not good enough and is not needed even if we sell Mereiles, Adam is nowhere as good as Mereiles or Aquilani.

Strikers.

We need a marquee winger and a back-up winger to be strong enough.

My Conclusion: we don't need Adam. He will only improve the bench not the starting 11
      Downing should be a back up winger for LFC not a regular starter.
      We need a marquee winger (Turan, Mata, Elia...)

Man U, Chelsea, Man City are tracking the world's best and we, LIVERPOOL F.C are trying to sugn ADAM(captain of Blackpool!), Downing(not even a regular international.

I don't think that Kenny really wants these players. I'm sure he's preparing a wonderful transfer window as from 1st July.
      YNWA!
      Sorry mate, but i just cant see the point of this thread until all sides are complete and havefulfilled their new signings or indeed the window closes, only then can we all post our opinions on who and where the top six will be come May 2012, absolutely nothing wrong in making predictions but to be honest they have to make sense to hold any credence,however i will make one for now and that is we will definately finish in the top 3, only my opinion of course.
      Eddieo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,705 posts | 158 
      Reply #11: Jun 25, 2011 09:25:56 am
      It's blasphemy! A fit Gerrard(and he warned that he will be fitter than ever) is unstoppable. Fabregas is a world class player but nowhere as good as (fit)Gerrard.

I truely hope that Chelsea doesn't find a solution to Torres' problem. If he regains his form of the 2008/2009 season, Chelsea can-with the new signings-be more dangerous than Man Utd.
      Agree, Gerrard is a better player than Fabregas

If Chelsea's new players gel together and the manager is up to the job they will be very difficult to stop, if I am unbiased they would be my favorites to win the league.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,193 posts | 165 
      Re: The top 6 teams(Updated on 16.07.11)
      Reply #12: Jul 16, 2011 03:46:59 pm
      My Original Post:
      "I made a similar post last year with the top4 teams in which we were to compare the squads.

Man Utd                  Chelsea                      Arsenal                       Tottenham               Man City

(new GK)                 Cech                          3average GK               Gomez/Friedel           Hart
      Raphael                   Ivanovic/Bosingwa        Sagna                        Corluka                   Zabaleta
      Ferdinand/Jones       Terry                           vermaelen                  Gallas                     Kompany
      Vidic                       Luiz                            Koscielny                    Dawson                  Toure/Richards
      Evra                       Cole                            Clichy*/Gibbs              Assou-Ekotto          Kolarov
      Nani                       Essien/Mikel                  Fabregas/Wilshere        Lennon                  Barry
      Valencia/Young        Ramires                        Nasri                          Modric                   De Jong
      Fletcher                  Lampard                      Diaby                          Palacios                 Milner
      (New CM)                Malouda                      Arshavin                      Bale                      Silva
      Rooney                   Drogba                        Walcott                       Van der Vart          Tevez
      Berbatov                 Torres                         Van Persie                   Defoe                   Ballotelli/Dzeko

Liverpool
      Reina
      Johnson
      Carragher
      Agger/Skrtel
      (New LB)(likely Clichy, Enrique or a good surprise from KK)
      Lucas
      Gerrard
      Mereiles*/Adam (I don't rate him)/Aquilani/Henderson
      Suarez
      Kuyt/(Downing/N'zogbia/a marquee  signing )
      Carroll

GK- We will definitely have the best goalkeeper of the EPL nest year unless Man N signs Neuer or Casillas(debatable).

Best defenders- Chelsea
      Worst defenders - Arsenal(They need to invest heavily in the defense- Koscielny is the worst defender of the top 6 teams) Vermaelen is class though. However although Chelsea has very good defenders; Man Utd and Lfc defend the better as a team(midfielders included). Chelsea's defense is mainly based on individuality.  With a good, solid LB and with a fit Agger we have the 2nd best defense of EPL.

Formations:
      4-4-2  Man Utd, (4-4-1-1)Tottenham

Tottenham has the best starting midfield in general but lacks depth on the bench to provide quality cover for Lennon, Bale, Modric, Van der Vart. They were lucky with injuries.

Liverpool- We have a very good spinal cord(Gerrard, Mereiles and Lucas). Henderson, Shelvey and Spearing is a decent cover. With Aquilani(hope he stays), we'll have the best central midfield of the EPL. Adam is not good enough and is not needed even if we sell Mereiles, Adam is nowhere as good as Mereiles or Aquilani.

Strikers.

We need a marquee winger and a back-up winger to be strong enough.

My Conclusion: we don't need Adam. He will only improve the bench not the starting 11
      Downing should be a back up winger for LFC not a regular starter.
      We need a marquee winger (Turan, Mata, Elia...)

Man U, Chelsea, Man City are tracking the world's best and we, LIVERPOOL F.C are trying to sugn ADAM(captain of Blackpool!), Downing(not even a regular international.

I don't think that Kenny really wants these players. I'm sure he's preparing a wonderful transfer window as from 1st July.
      YNWA!
      "

I was so wrong?

Quick Reply