Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Comolli says we will buy top players

Read 9399 times
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Re: Comolli says we will buy top players
      Reply #92: Jul 08, 2011 10:30:01 am
      No one even said anything in this thread anyway to provoke them reactions ...

EDIT: Infact, Macca deleted his most which makes me look like a tw*t when actually I was replying to his post ...  :roll:
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #93: Jul 08, 2011 02:28:41 pm
      All the f**king glory hunters are supporting the Man U's, City and Chelsea; Not liverpool, not yet.

Are you messing? We certainly have our fair share of glory hunting supporters mate. Have done for a number of years now which, unfortunately has in turn seen the decline of the atmosphere at Anfield. Day-trippers, who dont have a clue, I see it every time I go to Anfield. Would half of these 'fans' have supported us if it were not for the glory days of the 70's and 80's? I somehow think not.
      MaxC
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 504 posts | 15 
      Reply #94: Jul 08, 2011 03:33:10 pm
      Are you messing? We certainly have our fair share of glory hunting supporters mate. Have done for a number of years now which, unfortunately has in turn seen the decline of the atmosphere at Anfield. Day-trippers, who dont have a clue, I see it every time I go to Anfield. Would half of these 'fans' have supported us if it were not for the glory days of the 70's and 80's? I somehow think not.
      For me i would define glory hunter as somebody who supports a team which is at the top of the pile. And the supporters affection for the club is not durable and will change the team he supports when success deserts the team.
      Meanwhile a true supporter will support the club through thick or thin. Those people who come to anfield and create no atmosphere are definitely fickle fans and glory hunters but i am not sure they come for the glory but to have enjoy the heritage and history of the great club and the anfield experience because the consistent glory days have been trully gone for some time and we have been eclipsed in so many ways by other teams. The glory hunters you talk about are not somebody who would throng supporter sites, come up with arguments and debates and you have to keep that in mind when you read my statement about the glory hunters going off to places where there is more success than ours. And i was replying to a statement in which somebody argued that the glory hunters should stop complaining about transfers.
      There is a big line between being a true supporter and somebody who is not and accusations questioning the loyalties of another fan is something i did not like in the comment i was responding to.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #95: Jul 08, 2011 05:39:01 pm
      No one even said anything in this thread anyway to provoke them reactions ...

EDIT: Infact, Macca deleted his most which makes me look like a tw*t when actually I was replying to his post ...  :roll:
      It's not that I'm afraid or what but people misunderstood what I'm trying to say. For those who said that some of us were glory hunters...I supported Liverpool since the era of Rush then come our 21st year of barren spell of EPL title and still I stood not even a pinch in my heart wanted to move away from a club I supported since I was 10.

It's all about intention and perception. When we're fighting for a good quality player it mean that we're showing our intention of being the best and moving towards the right direction. Thus putting the perception on every single one's mind that currently Liverpool has gone past slumber time, survived the horrid time and now moving right to our rightful perch. Even though we loose out at least we have showed the world we mean business.

I'm no glory hunter as if i do then those scum will be my club to support. I'm not asking FSG to flex their muscle, I just want us to be more into the business and try to show that we're back and we are no pushovers.

Quick Reply