Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)

Read 98712 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Alberto Aquilani (Fiorentina; Juventus; AC Milan)
      Reply #1564: Aug 24, 2011 07:05:45 pm
      Worthy to note AC Milan fans have been very happy with this deal.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1565: Aug 24, 2011 07:09:30 pm
      Because they know they are getting a quality player for peanuts
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1566: Aug 24, 2011 07:38:07 pm
      Worthy to note AC Milan fans have been very happy with this deal.

Hardly surprising. An Italian international in his prime for the price of an over the hill Danish international would make any fan smile.

Kenny knows what he's doing, and I have no doubts he believes it's in the best interests of Liverpool FC.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #1567: Aug 24, 2011 08:19:08 pm
      I dont think Kenny is doing the right thing here... he should not be loaned out anywhere.
      The club could let him play and still manage to do a similar deal or get him sold in January if they wanted.

He is our player, i cant see why we need to be held ransom by any other clubs...its just crazy.

Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1568: Aug 24, 2011 08:41:35 pm
      I dont think Kenny is doing the right thing here... he should not be loaned out anywhere.
      The club could let him play and still manage to do a similar deal or get him sold in January if they wanted.

He is our player, I cant see why we need to be held ransom by any other clubs...its just crazy.

We couldn't blame Kenny for this situation ... He's very likely been making his transfer plans (Downing, Henderson, Adam) for months before Aquilani (unexpectedly) has returned to LFC ... The real villains in this story are Roy and Cecil, who has treated Aquilani like sh*t, and has alienated him from our club ...
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #1569: Aug 24, 2011 09:01:52 pm
      The point im making is that its only the start of the season, and if Aqua was some 30+yr old player who is stopping the development of somebody else, then it makes sense to move him along. Or if Kenny has another transfer target lined up and needs to trim the squad, then by all means. My problem is that we are being screwed to accept unreasonable terms and could be left in the same situation as Rafa found himself in a few years ago... Remember u challenging for the league and then a certain Robbie Keane being sold in January?... well needless to saywe all know what happened after that when Torres and then lter Gerrard got injured, we were left without any capable cover to see us over the line (i know its hindsight...but u win titles with a squad, not first team)
      Heaven forbid, Adam / Henderson / Downing gets injured... we could have let a capable replacement leave (on loan again), which could have been the difference.
      By admitting this situation is hopeless, is basically admitting that Kenny is a poor man-manager... which nobody here wants to do.
      I therefore believe strongly that if he goes, it must be sold to make way for another attacking option and not a loan FFS, we are not anybody's budget supermarket!
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1570: Aug 24, 2011 09:39:52 pm
      The point im making is that its only the start of the season, and if Aqua was some 30+yr old player who is stopping the development of somebody else, then it makes sense to move him along. Or if Kenny has another transfer target lined up and needs to trim the squad, then by all means. My problem is that we are being screwed to accept unreasonable terms and could be left in the same situation as Rafa found himself in a few years ago... Remember u challenging for the league and then a certain Robbie Keane being sold in January?... well needless to saywe all know what happened after that when Torres and then lter Gerrard got injured, we were left without any capable cover to see us over the line (I know its hindsight...but u win titles with a squad, not first team)
      Heaven forbid, Adam / Henderson / Downing gets injured... we could have let a capable replacement leave (on loan again), which could have been the difference.
      By admitting this situation is hopeless, is basically admitting that Kenny is a poor man-manager... which nobody here wants to do.
      I therefore believe strongly that if he goes, it must be sold to make way for another attacking option and not a loan FFS, we are not anybody's budget supermarket!

Fact is no other team in the world want's to pay cash money for AA...or AA refuses to play anywhere but Italy. Fernando Torres was one of the top strikers in the world...he did not want to be here, therefore he was shown the door...only difference here was someone was willing to pay for Torres where AA does not even rate enough for a cash offer. That or his personal restrictions as to where he is willing to play forces us to do nothing and pay for him sitting on the bench or loan him out again.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1571: Aug 24, 2011 09:53:13 pm
      We couldn't blame Kenny for this situation ... He's very likely been making his transfer plans (Downing, Henderson, Adam) for months before Aquilani (unexpectedly) has returned to LFC ... The real villains in this story are Roy and Cecil, who has treated Aquilani like sh*t, and has alienated him from our club ...

I thought AA was a professional, and would give 100% whether he wanted to be here or not...alienated him? he made his coin from LFC and done nothing to earn it...does he need a blankie wrapped around him also?

We are going to be seeing youtube clips from him for years on this board..."See..See how good he is, we never should have gotten rid of him...he needed his hand held, that's all he needed to turn into one of the legends of the club"
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1572: Aug 24, 2011 10:15:50 pm
      I thought AA was a professional, and would give 100% whether he wanted to be here or not...alienated him? he made his coin from LFC and done nothing to earn it...does he need a blankie wrapped around him also?

How convenient for the haters brigade ... Last summer, Aquilani has stated his commitment to the club, and his desire to make an impact at LFC ... Despite that, Cecil and Roy have sent him on loan, in order to make room on our wage bill for their marquee signing Joe Cole ... If I was in Alberto's place, I would be really pissed off, especially considering Joe Cole's contribution to our team ...
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1573: Aug 24, 2011 10:19:33 pm
      Italian clubs play a long game, they always have done.

The only thing we have in our favour is that he is still our player.

I expect the ante to be upped if we refuse to budge, with ANY Italian club always trying to play a political game.

Get the picture?

Yeah, Italian clubs are playing the long game by not moving in to sign a player their rivals will get for peanuts... that is a reaaaaallly long game...
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1574: Aug 24, 2011 11:13:18 pm
      Ah yes a loan deal , and a permanent move if he makes 25 appearances in a season, that will probably be 24 appearances to keep the costs down, maybe we should pull our trousers down and they can roger us up the cake hole, hungry cu*ts haven"t a pot to piss in and we"re supposed to carry them. once again LFC get screwed over.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1575: Aug 24, 2011 11:15:31 pm
      Yeah, Italian clubs are playing the long game by not moving in to sign a player their rivals will get for peanuts... that is a reaaaaallly long game...

You know exactly what I mean - this saga has been ongoing for quite some time, with the Italians hoping to get him for a bag of peanuts, and a subscription for 6 months to men only.

To pretend otherwise is to deny the reality of how Italian clubs work when they hold all the cards.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #1576: Aug 24, 2011 11:25:55 pm
      You know exactly what I mean - this saga has been ongoing for quite some time, with the Italians hoping to get him for a bag of peanuts, and a subscription for 6 months to men only.

To pretend otherwise is to deny the reality of how Italian clubs work when they hold all the cards.

....... yes..... AC may be trying to take the piss and get a cheap deal......

But if Aquilani was so highly prized...... then another Italian club would come in with a superior offer to buy him..... because they want him at their club........ and they don't want AC getting a great player on the cheap..........

Get it............?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1577: Aug 24, 2011 11:36:33 pm
      7 million we ll get after 20 appearances reports say.

Been a complete disaster this ....only just short of Mr Keane, Konchesky and Poulsen.

Yes TK.
      I Get It ........as well.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1578: Aug 24, 2011 11:41:03 pm
      ....... yes..... AC may be trying to take the piss and get a cheap deal......

But if Aquilani was so highly prized...... then another Italian club would come in with a superior offer to buy him..... because they want him at their club........ and they don't want AC getting a great player on the cheap..........

Get it............?

Not if his agent is only negotiating with Milan, probably for a kickback.

Italian football is extremely corrupt.

Get it........?

FFS, anyone would think that you guys have never experienced transfer transactions with Italian clubs before...
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1579: Aug 24, 2011 11:42:22 pm

People should stop running in circles ... Aquilani's fate at LFC was sealed when he was disgracefully sent on loan by Roy and Cecil ... By the time that he has (unexpectedly) returned from his loan, Kenny has already had an agreement with Adam for months ...
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1580: Aug 24, 2011 11:43:49 pm
      People should stop running in circles ... Aquilani's fate at LFC was sealed when he was disgracefully sent on loan by Roy and Cecil ... By the time that he has (unexpectedly) returned from his loan, Kenny has already had an agreement with Adam for months ...

Not only that, but if I was him I'd want out as well after being treated that way.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1581: Aug 24, 2011 11:43:56 pm
      Kenny has already had an agreement with Adam for months ...

Obviously...

Because we had a bid rejected a month before he signed.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1582: Aug 24, 2011 11:45:44 pm
      Obviously...

Adam has put in a transfer request as early as January ... You know very well how it works ...
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1583: Aug 24, 2011 11:45:49 pm
      Obviously...

What goes on between the clubs is a lot different than discussions with the player.

Blackpool knowing we wanted him and trying to take us to the cleaners doesn't have much bearing on discussions with the player himself.

It used to be called tapping up, and I have little doubt that we did it.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #1584: Aug 24, 2011 11:47:53 pm
      What goes on between the clubs is a lot different than discussions with the player.

Blackpool knowing we wanted him and trying to take us to the cleaners doesn't have much bearing on discussions with the player himself.

It used to be called tapping up, and I have little doubt that we did it.

What has the Charlie Adam transfer got anything to do with Alberto Aquliani?

And yes I've read the last page.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #1585: Aug 24, 2011 11:52:22 pm

And yes I've read the last page.

Players and their agents know months in advance where they want to go - the rest is all a game played out for the benefit of the press.

I have little doubt now that AA and his agent have been in cahoots with Milan for quite a long time - maybe even before he left Juve.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #1586: Aug 25, 2011 12:07:18 am

Quick Reply