Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Laptop Help

Read 11933 times
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Laptop Help
      Jul 10, 2011 08:48:13 pm
      I'm having a big problem with my laptop, and if anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop which I got last May and its been fine up until last night when it just randomly crashed and came up with a blue screen saying it had to turn itself off. So I turned it back on and it said turn on in safe mode or start normally. I opted with safe mode and it came up with 'loading files' and a bar but then didn't carry on loading in safe mode, it went back to the launch options screen so I tried normal launch. After about 5-10 mins saying 'starting windows' it came up with the same blue screen saying it had to turn itself off.

And it's done the same thing for the past 24 hours. If I press F8 or F12 it doesn't do anything. F12 does come up with something to do with check the memory but it doesn't help in bringing up my desktop.

Soo, if anyone can offer any advice it would be gratefully appreciated, if not I'll go to the PC World Tech Guys and see if they can do anything besides charging me an arm and a leg!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Laptop Help
      Reply #1: Jul 10, 2011 09:19:21 pm
      In order to find out what's going on, I need the code that it comes up with on the blue screen - the very first one.

i.e. It'll be like:
      Code: [Select]
      This is the one I need -->0x000000XXX (0x000000XXX 0x000000XXX 0x000000XXX)
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #2: Jul 10, 2011 09:36:24 pm
      My sister has that Laptop, gets problems all the time, I don't really rate Dell computers as much as I used to. I'm pretty sure she had that problem due to overheating as dust had collected in the fan so it wouldn't rotate, open it up or give it to someone to do, give it a clean and try again, also make sure it is not covered on the underneath like when you put it on a bed or cushion, have it on a flat surface to prevent it heating up.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Jul 10, 2011 09:51:34 pm
      That line says *** STOP: 0x00000074 (0x0000000000000002, 0xFFFFF880032CBAE0, 0x0000000000000004, 0xFFFFFFFFC000014D)
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #4: Jul 10, 2011 10:03:55 pm
      We don't have a screwdriver in the house so I'll try that tomorrow. I hope it's just that its over heated, I do have it on a lot, and not a virus or something that's going to wipe my hard drive
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #5: Jul 10, 2011 10:32:55 pm
      We don't have a screwdriver in the house so I'll try that tomorrow. I hope it's just that its over heated, I do have it on a lot, and not a virus or something that's going to wipe my hard drive

Looks like Reslivo is the man to save the day here. Bought my missus the same laptop and it has been fine but recently she has had blue screen with power adaptor fault message coming up. I think the laptop battery has gone but the laptop works fine off normal power so i fail to see how the adaptor is at fault.

Hope Reslivo sorts it out for you, know how frustrating it can be when your laptop goes down. Great to know that there are Tech Guys of our own on the forum, could save you a small fortune as i wouldn't recommend PC World, they are rip off merchants.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #6: Jul 10, 2011 11:07:29 pm
      Looks like faulty RAM.

You'll need to either take it to a PC repair shop (they'll rip you off to F**k) or simply check the RAM yourself by opening the computer up.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #7: Jul 10, 2011 11:24:06 pm
      I'm having a big problem with my laptop, and if anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop which I got last May and its been fine up until last night when it just randomly crashed and came up with a blue screen saying it had to turn itself off. So I turned it back on and it said turn on in safe mode or start normally. I opted with safe mode and it came up with 'loading files' and a bar but then didn't carry on loading in safe mode, it went back to the launch options screen so I tried normal launch. After about 5-10 mins saying 'starting windows' it came up with the same blue screen saying it had to turn itself off.

And it's done the same thing for the past 24 hours. If I press F8 or F12 it doesn't do anything. F12 does come up with something to do with check the memory but it doesn't help in bringing up my desktop.

Soo, if anyone can offer any advice it would be gratefully appreciated, if not I'll go to the PC World Tech Guys and see if they can do anything besides charging me an arm and a leg!

I have the same laptop and it done the exact same thing. Not using it at the minute though.

Is it difficult to fix Reslivo?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #8: Jul 10, 2011 11:57:11 pm
      I have the same laptop and it done the exact same thing. Not using it at the minute though.

Is it difficult to fix Reslivo?

Again, I'll need your Bluescreen error code, because it could be something completely unrelated to this.

Could be a RAM stick isn't in properly, or it could even be something like your HDDs SATA/IDE cable coming slightly loose. Or even your CPU starting to burn out (but that's the worst case).
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #9: Jul 10, 2011 11:58:57 pm
      Again, I'll need your Bluescreen error code, because it could be something completely unrelated to this.

Could be a RAM stick isn't in properly, or it could even be something like your HDDs SATA/IDE cable coming slightly loose. Or even your CPU starting to burn out (but that's the worst case).

I'll not bother you with it now mate as I don't use it at the minute but if I start it up and get the code I'll put in on here and if you know what the problem is I'd appreciate it but as I said no real urgency just that this thread put it back in my head.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #10: Jul 11, 2011 12:04:16 am
      I'll not bother you with it now mate as I don't use it at the minute but if I start it up and get the code I'll put in on here and if you know what the problem is I'd appreciate it but as I said no real urgency just that this thread put it back in my head.

Sure thing mate, just let me know whenever.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Jul 11, 2011 12:14:38 am
      Res  = The Laptop king fixer  :clap:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,318 posts | 4956 
      Reply #12: Jul 11, 2011 12:15:26 am
      Res  = The Laptop king fixer  :clap:

Should keep it quiet Cas. He will get tortured on here for help :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #13: Jul 11, 2011 12:34:09 am
      He's a real star is our Res...does so much behind the scenes on the forum that nobody knows or sees....his head wont fit through the door when he sees this  ;)

Seriously. he's a top fella is our Res  :clap:
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      Reply #14: Jul 11, 2011 11:19:30 am
      Looks like faulty RAM.

You'll need to either take it to a PC repair shop (they'll rip you off to F**k) or simply check the RAM yourself by opening the computer up.

How do I go about doing that Res? Like what am I looking for/ how do I repair it?

Sorry to keep asking questions but I only know the basics if computers! Thanks for your help so far though :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #15: Jul 11, 2011 11:39:30 am
      Hard to explain, so I found a website:

Link

Remove one, then turn the laptop on. If you BSOD again, the stick you left in is faulty. Remove that, and put the one you removed earlier back in.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      laptop help plz windows not responding
      Reply #16: Jul 12, 2011 07:43:10 pm
      hello all my laptop doing my head in ,when i navigate around the net every so often as i change page the curser turns blue and then says windows not responding and stops for about 10/15 second
      lappy is acer 5735
      plz help
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #17: Jul 12, 2011 08:43:48 pm
      hello all my laptop doing my head in ,when i navigate around the net every so often as i change page the curser turns blue and then says windows not responding and stops for about 10/15 second
      lappy is acer 5735
      plz help

Sounds like a program fault.

Download the latest version of the browser you're using.
      wegot5bigears
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 201 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 12, 2011 10:27:41 pm
      Hello thanks for the reply i use firefox and google chrome and both are latest versions.I use kaspersky virus protection and malwere bytes and windows defender run scans with all 3 and found nothing .The same thing happened about 2 months ago and my mates brother sorted for me but its happening again ,so trying to mend myself (save money)
      So if any person has or had this problem please help
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6969 
      Reply #19: Jul 13, 2011 12:15:15 am
      hello all my laptop doing my head in ,when I navigate around the net every so often as I change page the curser turns blue and then says windows not responding and stops for about 10/15 second
      lappy is acer 5735
      plz help

I've highlighted your problem.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #20: Jul 13, 2011 12:27:34 am

I'm sure he appreciates your help.

I'm also sure he didn't win the Euromillions tonight and therefore can't afford an Apple madeoutofgoldbook or whatever they call their laptops.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #21: Jul 13, 2011 12:41:32 am

Windows 7 is considered to be less vulnerable to infection and more user friendly than Mac OS ;)
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #22: Jul 21, 2011 12:17:43 pm
      Probably not the right thread. Need a new laptop. Keyboard randomly stopped working on me, using the on screen keyboard (touchscreen but pain in the arse).

Stuck between these two.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/vpceb4x0e-bq.html

http://www.harveynorman.ie/psk3se-007002en.html
      LFCexiled
      Reply #23: Jul 21, 2011 12:22:53 pm
      Probably not the right thread. Need a new laptop. Keyboard randomly stopped working on me, using the on screen keyboard (touchscreen but pain in the arse).

Stuck between these two.

You selling your old one perchance?

As for your choice. Between the two, even though the sony looks prettier I'd go for the Tosh. They just go on and on.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #24: Jul 21, 2011 12:30:38 pm
      Reslivo

I'm looking for one of these 7in tablets. I'm told the htc flyer are pretty good. Its for betting on line and in running so the connection has to be quick. Would you recommend it or know of something better?

Appreciate any advice by members as well.  :)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #25: Jul 21, 2011 12:34:37 pm

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

UK release date: July 2011
      Specs: Android 3.0, 1GHz dual core CPU, 1GB RAM, 16GB/32GB storage, 10.1-inch capacitive screen at 1280x800 (WXGA), 3MP rear-facing camera, 2MP front-facing camera, 3G, 599g.

What we think: as an out-and-out tablet, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 is currently unrivalled. It matches the performance of the other Honeycomb Tegra 2-based tablets while beating the pants off them in the portability stakes. This tablet is the lightest and thinnest 10-inch tablet in the world - and yep that includes the iPad 2. So unless that keyboard dock above is a serious draw for you, this is currently the one to watch.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 review: http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-1-965650/review
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #26: Jul 21, 2011 12:37:01 pm
      You selling your old one perchance?

As for your choice. Between the two, even though the sony looks prettier I'd go for the Tosh. They just go on and on.

Toshiba also has larger RAM and disc space. Erm not sure, would like to try fix it and see what I'll do with it. My one is decent but 3 years of continued use takes its toll, running quite slow now, also been told I should reinstall keyboard drivers and it should work again?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #27: Jul 21, 2011 01:02:21 pm
      Toshiba also has larger RAM and disc space. Erm not sure, would like to try fix it and see what I'll do with it. My one is decent but 3 years of continued use takes its toll, running quite slow now, also been told I should reinstall keyboard drivers and it should work again?

If installing new drivers doesn't work it may be the connection from keyboard to motherboard, sometimes its a ribbon and the constant flexing causes it to snap, could just be a loose wire. If everything else is working fine then it shouldn't be too hard to fix.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #28: Jul 21, 2011 01:23:30 pm
      If installing new drivers doesn't work it may be the connection from keyboard to motherboard, sometimes its a ribbon and the constant flexing causes it to snap, could just be a loose wire. If everything else is working fine then it shouldn't be too hard to fix.

I unscrewed the back and took the keyboard out, connection was fine. :)
      LFCexiled
      Reply #29: Jul 21, 2011 02:25:40 pm
      I unscrewed the back and took the keyboard out, connection was fine. :)

Have you done the drivers? Uninstall the keyboard and reboot.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #30: Jul 21, 2011 02:42:40 pm
      Thanks for your help LFCexiled   :) Looking at it now.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #31: Jul 21, 2011 02:56:02 pm
      Have you done the drivers? Uninstall the keyboard and reboot.

Yep, no joy.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #32: Jul 21, 2011 02:59:24 pm

Stuck between these two.

Christ dude, you could build a high-end desktop PC for those prices.

Why not do that?

Thanks for your help LFCexiled   :) Looking at it now.

Don't know all that much about tablets mate. Don't see the need to, they'll be outdated in a matter of years anyway.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #33: Jul 21, 2011 03:04:42 pm

Don't suppose you've an old hard drive that you can put in it, that'll tell you straight away if it's a problem with the drivers or the operating system. Hard to know without looking at it.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34: Jul 21, 2011 03:13:18 pm
      Guessing I may just need a battery, but occasionally my battery drains in 5 minutes flat.  Not always and most commonly the first time it's switched on that day. Fine when plugged in and most of the time it's fine on battery, but it's draining extremely quickly on a more regular basis as of late.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #35: Jul 21, 2011 03:29:29 pm
      Guessing I may just need a battery, but occasionally my battery drains in 5 minutes flat.  Not always and most commonly the first time it's switched on that day. Fine when plugged in and most of the time it's fine on battery, but it's draining extremely quickly on a more regular basis as of late.

Change the battery settings, if not already put it on energy saving or an option of the same meaning, on the start bar, on the far right, right click the battery icon, power options then choose from there, you could even make your own settings and customize it to your preferences.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #36: Jul 21, 2011 03:46:08 pm
      Change the battery settings, if not already put it on energy saving or an option of the same meaning, on the start bar, on the far right, right click the battery icon, power options then choose from there, you could even make your own settings and customize it to your preferences.

Probably should have made clear I've optimized the settings already.  Used to last 2-3 hours on battery with moderate use.  Switched it on this morning, took it in the kitchen and 5 minutes later it was flat - 0%, despite being on charge overnight.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #37: Jul 21, 2011 03:57:11 pm
      Probably should have made clear I've optimized the settings already.  Used to last 2-3 hours on battery with moderate use.  Switched it on this morning, took it in the kitchen and 5 minutes later it was flat - 0%, despite being on charge overnight.

This has happened to me, when looking at the battery after a while i had seen, it had like enlarged, the battery had over charged or something and died, safest bet is to actually buy a new battery before damaging your laptop further.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #38: Jul 21, 2011 04:20:29 pm
      Rodders you DEFINITELY need a new battery.

Shouldn't cost too much, maybe £20-30 depending on the make/design.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,181 posts | 2752 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #39: Jul 21, 2011 04:29:41 pm

Don't know all that much about tablets mate. Don't see the need to, they'll be outdated in a matter of years anyway.

Whys that Res? Something else coming out?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #40: Jul 21, 2011 04:37:05 pm
      Christ dude, you could build a high-end desktop PC for those prices.

Why not do that?

Wouldn't be able to do it myself Res. Not that knowledgable on that side of things.

Don't suppose you've an old hard drive that you can put in it, that'll tell you straight away if it's a problem with the drivers or the operating system. Hard to know without looking at it.

Unfortunately not. :(
      LFCexiled
      Reply #41: Jul 21, 2011 05:39:55 pm
      Wouldn't be able to do it myself Res. Not that knowledgable on that side of things.

Unfortunately not. :(

Can't really help without being able to poke around, sorry mate. :(
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #42: Jul 21, 2011 06:04:07 pm
      Can't really help without being able to poke around, sorry mate. :(

I know, it's past its best days anyway. :)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #43: Jul 21, 2011 07:20:24 pm
      Whys that Res? Something else coming out?

Laptops keep coming back, and with the advancements in touch- and 3D-screens, I can't see them being obsolete any time soon.

Not to mention the fact they support faster processors, higher-end graphics chips, better battery life and have more RAM.

Pads will go, laptops will return. That's just how it is.

Only takes a few hours to learn mate.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,486 posts | 349 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #44: Jul 22, 2011 01:53:44 am
      Wouldn't be arsed with all the messing about to be honest Res. I'd end up getting frustrated.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #45: Jul 22, 2011 06:27:32 pm
      Laptops keep coming back, and with the advancements in touch- and 3D-screens, I can't see them being obsolete any time soon.

Not to mention the fact they support faster processors, higher-end graphics chips, better battery life and have more RAM.

Pads will go, laptops will return. That's just how it is.

Pads are here to stay man. I agree they are more of a luxury than of actually any use, but they won't go obsolete any time soon.

As for laptops, can't see them going out of fashion for the next 20 years if you ask me. As you said, they keep coming back with faster and better components. Look at the new Intel i-series processors. I swear they'll take computers to a next level, they are much faster than the previous processors. :o
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #46: Sep 06, 2011 11:38:13 pm
      Think something happened my laptop but bot a clue what it is. It always took it's rime when powering on, but now it just plain won't. After what seems like hours of loading, it let's me put in my password to login, then more loading for ages. It then either crashes and foes the dusk check or else just freezes, with a loading circle thingy. I have got a warning pop up message the odd time too.

It's a toshiba.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #47: Sep 08, 2011 03:21:16 am
      Think something happened my laptop but bot a clue what it is. It always took it's rime when powering on, but now it just plain won't. After what seems like hours of loading, it let's me put in my password to login, then more loading for ages. It then either crashes and foes the dusk check or else just freezes, with a loading circle thingy. I have got a warning pop up message the odd time too.

It's a toshiba.
      Shut the laptop off completely, remove the battery. With the battery out and off push the power button a few times to drain any remaining charge.  Then reinstall the battery and try and power on again.   If it still wont boot to Windows then try and boot to 'Safe Mode".  It should allow you to get into the system, ck your BIOS, Boot menu and run AV. If it still wont boot to Windows restart, hit F8 get to advanced options and use the Last Known Good Configuration.  If you still have Issues you may need to use your recovery discs or last choice, reinstall Windows.

It sounds like you have a corrupted registry in your Boot.ini file.

What was the error message that came up?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #48: Sep 08, 2011 08:12:17 am

There's your problem.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #49: Sep 09, 2011 01:17:11 pm

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #50: Sep 10, 2011 12:23:06 pm

:lmao:

Actually just turned on ok first time trying your way Yank LFC fan! Cheers for the help :) +
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #51: Sep 11, 2011 07:24:12 pm
      Need a new laptop and can't be arsed to go into a shop just for advice
      So boys, what do i need?
      I need something with a decent speed and is able to handle Football Manager
      Specs anyone?
      Anyone say an actual laptop for me?
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #52: Sep 11, 2011 07:28:02 pm
      I got a Toshiba one in April mate and it's top of the notch for games.

My old HP one fu**ed up (stay well away from them)

http://is00.thegumtree.com/image/extrabig/78153436.jpg

I think TOSHIBA's are pretty good mate unlike HP
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #53: Sep 11, 2011 07:40:56 pm
      Nice one mate, any specs to look for?
      Needs to be speedy as well
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #54: Sep 12, 2011 01:31:05 pm
      Not a laptop question but a PC one if anyone can help.

My home PC connects from upstairs using a Belkin thingy that I plug in . I have 2 other thingys that I believe can be used that plug into the back of my computer that I used to have for a work computer that I havent got anymore but they connected to my box downstairs - is that the router?

I seem to get a lot of connection issues while I am using the internet and it takes an age for it to reconnect - is this the belkin thing and should I change to the other 2 plug in aeriels - if so how do I do that...??

does this even make sense...??

My connection isnt good and normally I get the lost connection sign 
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      Reply #55: Sep 12, 2011 04:08:48 pm
      Not a laptop question but a PC one if anyone can help.

My home PC connects from upstairs using a Belkin thingy that I plug in . I have 2 other thingys that I believe can be used that plug into the back of my computer that I used to have for a work computer that I havent got anymore but they connected to my box downstairs - is that the router?

What? :D
      I didn't get a thing.

I seem to get a lot of connection issues while I am using the internet and it takes an age for it to reconnect - is this the belkin thing and should I change to the other 2 plug in aeriels - if so how do I do that...??

does this even make sense...??

My connection isnt good and normally I get the lost connection sign 

Getting the same problem a lot myself. F**k it, could be Belkin problem after all then. :o
      Sometimes its just so annoying.

If anyone knows, I would appreciate help on this too.

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #56: Sep 16, 2011 09:02:10 pm
      My laptop actually ended up not ok, talk about jumping the gun. Had a major virus, that to wipe the whole laptop, including Vista itself. It's coming back clean with Windows 7. Our family laptop is dusht anyways so I might give my family that one and buy a Mac myself.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #57: Oct 24, 2011 04:00:21 pm
      Anyone with any Idea whats wrong with my wife's laptop, it has got sound but no picture, just a white screen! If anyone could help I would be most grateful as she is doing my head in.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #58: Oct 24, 2011 06:37:54 pm
      Could be a few reasons but have a read of this, to see if there's any clues
      http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2008/04/13/laptop-lcd-screen-turned-white/
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #59: Oct 24, 2011 11:55:53 pm
      Thanks finchie will check it out!
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #60: Nov 24, 2011 06:58:46 am