Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Harry Kewell (Spurs)

Read 5332 times
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Re: Harry Kewell (Spurs)
      Reply #46: Aug 28, 2007 01:10:35 pm
      I don't think we will sell him personally maybe we will release him when his contract runs out but he will surely be included in this season's plans.
      Xabi1309
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 340 posts |
      Reply #47: Aug 28, 2007 02:07:32 pm
      A player of his obvious quality must never be sold unless there were dressing room/welfare issues which as far as I can gather there are not.

Harry has a lot thank Rafa for sticking with him and I don't honestly see Rafa letting him go.

The pressure is however squarley on Harry now to remain injury free and find his true form.

Lets get behind him,he may only have one season remaining but it could be his finest yet.

I have seen that Chris Coleman is after him also which would be a huge backwards step for Harry so no mileage in that one.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #48: Aug 28, 2007 10:47:14 pm

The pressure is however squarley on Harry now to remain injury free and find his true form.

Lets get behind him,he may only have one season remaining but it could be his finest yet.

We have been all waiting for this for 4 years, its just not going to happen. He's an invisible member he's never there when we need him, (no fault of his own) its better to sell him now than let him go for free at the end of the season. 
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #49: Aug 29, 2007 10:12:51 am
      We have been all waiting for this for 4 years, its just not going to happen. He's an invisible member he's never there when we need him, (no fault of his own) its better to sell him now than let him go for free at the end of the season. 

If we were talking about a £5m fee I'd agree with you, however for the sake of £2m I'd rather hold onto him just in case he can do something special.
      sonny
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Reply #50: Aug 29, 2007 10:57:19 am
      He's in his last yearwith us ;D. So...

156 Weeks service (ish)
      124 Appearances
      16 Goals
      £60,000 Per week wages
      Never recaptered his Leeds form
      Injured for most of last season
      Injured again this season

I think Rick Parry should drive him to Chris Coleman front door with a big red bow tied round his head and present him as a present.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #51: Aug 29, 2007 11:02:07 am
      He's in his last yearwith us ;D. So...

156 Weeks service (ish)
      124 Appearances
      16 Goals
      £60,000 Per week wages
      Never recaptered his Leeds form
      Injured for most of last season
      Injured again this season

I think Rick Parry should drive him to Chris Coleman front door with a big red bow tied round his head and present him as a present.

But we're only talking about £2m here. If it was a case of us needing the money, or that Harry was never going to be good enough for us then I'd sell him at the drop of a hat. But the fact is we don't need the money & it's not lack of talent holding him back, it's his injuries. I know it's a very big if, and personally I don't think he can, but if he can stay fit Kewell can be an important player for us this season, for me I'd rather gamble on him than collect £2m that isn't really gonna benefit us.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #52: Aug 29, 2007 07:33:51 pm
      Its not 2m it’s more closer to 5 million as he continues getting his wages which are about 2.5m.  Anyway it’s not just about the money it is about the player been jinxed.  As I have said earlier he will take some valuable opportunities from the likes of Babel, Leto..etc.  And when it matters most he will get injured again. 

Quick Reply