Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Petition to force The S*n to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sources

Read 12784 times
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Re: Petition to force The S*n to release its Hillsborough "The Truth" sources
      Reply #92: Oct 21, 2011 01:55:34 pm
      Slowed down these in their progress. Needs ramping up. Spread the word far and wide!
      scouse_jatt
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 349 posts | 14 
      Reply #93: Oct 21, 2011 02:44:58 pm
      Signed.

30,891 so far
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,661 posts | 3895 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #94: Oct 21, 2011 06:39:21 pm
      Is it 100,000 needed. Presume it's England only again, so I'm making it my sig.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #95: Oct 23, 2011 11:25:11 am
      48 hours since the last post on this thread.
      Just 1,000 added in the last day.

To give this legs ....we are going to have to get the media involved.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #96: Oct 24, 2011 08:00:33 pm
      Can everyone consider giving these a tweet and/or facebook share.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #97: Oct 24, 2011 08:06:50 pm
      Is it 100,000 needed. Presume it's England only again, so I'm making it my sig.
      Racer mate, I'm signing from Luxembourg using 4 accounts so you should be able to manage it !
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #98: Oct 24, 2011 11:18:04 pm

bas**rds!
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #99: Oct 27, 2011 04:47:48 pm
      Thought i'd give this a bump. Signatures haven't gone up quickly for a while. Any British citizens please sign the petition.
      https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/19350

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,506 posts | 4850 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #100: Nov 03, 2011 09:26:27 pm
      Anyone know how this is getting on?
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #101: Nov 03, 2011 10:24:52 pm
      36,102 signatures
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #102: Nov 04, 2011 03:01:56 pm
      i am irish..but i will put it up on facebook
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #103: Nov 10, 2011 10:42:56 pm
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/phone-hacking/8881675/Phone-hacking-James-Murdoch-refuses-to-rule-out-Sun-closure.html

Phone hacking: James Murdoch refuses to rule out Sun closure

James Murdoch today refused to rule out closing Britain’s best selling newspaper, The Sun, should the phone hacking scandal spread to that organisation.

By Mark Hughes, Gordon Rayner

6:26PM GMT 10 Nov 2011

The News International chairman made the comment as he faced a day of questioning from MPs over previous evidence he gave to Parliament about the hacking scandal.

At one point he was compared to a mafia boss by one MP.

Mr Murdoch denied misleading the committee when he told them in July this year that he was unaware of the now infamous ‘for Neville’ email which implicated other reporters at the News of the World in hacking.

But admitted that he had been told about an email which made it clear the company should settle a case with Gordon Taylor, the head of the Professional Footballers’ Association.

Mr Murdoch said he was not told that the email was title ‘For Neville’ or that the email contained evidence that other journalists at the paper were involved in hacking.

But it was when asked about the conduct of other newspapers in the News International stable that Mr Murdoch refused to rule out closing The Sun.

Earlier this week Sun reporter Jamie Pyatt was arrested in the police investigation into alleged payments from journalists to police officers.

Steve Rotheram MP claimed that The Sun is mentioned in the notes of Glenn Mulcaire, the private detective jailed for phone hacking in 2007.

The MP asked Mr Murdoch: “If this particular publication is implicated in phone hacking and it is revealed that The Sun does appear in the Mulcaire file, will you close that paper like you did with the News of the World.”

Mr Murdoch said he did not want to pre judge the outcome of any investigation before adding: “I do not think we can rule or I should not rule any corporate reaction to behaviour of wrongdoing out. That will be a decision taken at the time given whatever is out there.”

During his testimony Mr Murdoch faced questions from Tom Watson MP, who has followed the scandal with zeal.

Mr Watson compared Mr Murdoch’s News International to a mafia organisation.

He asked Mr Murdoch if he had heard of the mafia and then asked if he had heard the phrase ‘omerta’, the mafia code of silence.

He said it was: “A group of people who are bound together by secrecy who together pursue their groups business objectives with no regard for the law, using intimidation, corruption and criminality.

“Would you agree with me that this is an accurate description of News International in the UK.”

Mr Murdoch said he found the comment “offensive”.

Mr Watson then continued with a set of questions probing what knowledge Mr Murdoch had of phone hacking.

He concluded by saying: “You must be the only mafia boss in history who did not know he was running a criminal empire.”

Mr Murdoch said the comment was inappropriate.

Later John Whittingdale, the committee chair, said Mr Watson was “playing to the gallery”.

Previously Tom Crone, the News of the World’s head of legal affairs, and Colin Myler, the paper’s former editor, had told the committee that Mr Murdoch was aware of the ‘for Neville’ email and that he had mislead the committee by claiming he was unaware of it.

Mr Murdoch, however, said that Mr Crone and Mr Myler were the ones who had mislead the committee. “I believe their testimony was misleading,” he said.

....but we dont want it to close and to take the easy way out.

The self destruct bye bye pill.

We want  the truth first, accountability second and their humiliation third.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #104: Nov 11, 2011 08:01:56 am
      Superb line of questioning from 'Mr Watson'!

They don't like it up em though do they? It's only exactly what they've done to people for years and years.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #105: Nov 11, 2011 01:50:58 pm
      I noticed on Merseyside news today I muscian accused by the Sun of being a Paedophile had won an apology from them. Why do they think its ok to destory peoples lives with impunity.Close the filthy RAG down and export the so called Journo's to Russia and let them ply their trade their and see how it goes.Take Mackenzie with them .
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #106: Nov 11, 2011 05:27:42 pm
      need lots more signature..only got 31from facebook :f_steam:
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #107: Nov 11, 2011 09:56:27 pm
      Sad to see this one has got so few signatures.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #108: Nov 11, 2011 10:37:24 pm
      It is sad. Inexplicable really for such a large fanbase. It would be interesting if any non-signatories on here explained why they didn't sign it (although perhaps everyone on here did)
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,635 posts | 1125 
      Reply #109: Nov 13, 2011 12:33:18 pm
      Signed !!
      sniperwolf4b3ll3ami3
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 541 posts |
      • mad about liverpool
      Reply #110: Nov 17, 2011 08:27:57 pm
      need more sigs

Quick Reply