Gus Poyet on Luis v Evra
      Nov 18, 2011 08:09:38 am
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Gus Poyet on Luis v Evra
      Reply #1: Nov 18, 2011 08:11:28 am
      Can somebody post the article, please? I can never get on the Daily Fail site from work.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #2: Nov 18, 2011 08:19:58 am
      Thanks for posting that , it's good to see some backing for Luis.
      Let's hope it's the first of many.

Never forget Luis , YNWA.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #3: Nov 18, 2011 08:21:30 am
       Can't do it meself Rep sorry, interesting article and good to see it's mushrooming with the Uraguayan diplomatic service now involved.
      Kenny gives an interview on BBC news at 8.30.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,391 posts | 1025 
      Reply #4: Nov 18, 2011 08:27:14 am
      Uruguayan legend Gus Poyet has accused Patrice Evra of 'crying like a baby' in the face of alleged racial taunts made by Poyet's countryman Luis Suarez.
      The Brighton manager spoke out after Liverpool striker Suarez was charged by the FA with racially abusing Manchester United defender Evra during a game at Anfield last month.

Poyet, who played for Chelsea and Tottenham, said: 'I believe Luis Suarez, it's simple. I played football for seven years in Spain and was called everything because I was from South America. I never went out crying like a baby, like Patrice Evra, saying that someone said something to me.
      'I'm surprised, in a really sad way, that he's been charged. It's really sad. I think it's worse to charge someone because you trust one person when you have no proof.

Blast: Gus Poyet
      'I'm really sad about this charge because it's going to become too easy. I can make a complaint about any opposition manager and if I take it as far as I can he's going to get charged. Why are we going to take one person's word over another's? It's too risky.'
      Poyet did add his voice to those criticising Sepp Blatter, even though the Brighton boss did seem to be agreeing with the FIFA president's view that insults on the field should be forgotten.
      He added: 'I respect him as Fifa president but I don't listen to him when he talks about football.'

Suarez is likely to receive backing from the Uruguayan embassy in London as he fights the charge, after the FA in his own country asked ambassadors in England to get involved.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2063009/Patrice-Evra-just-baby-says-Gus-Poyet.html#ixzz1e2ksXKX8
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Nov 18, 2011 08:28:57 am
       Why the hell doesn't Evra just admit that he was made to look like a second rate amateur by Luis Suarez that day and that is the reason for his complaint(winging).
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #6: Nov 18, 2011 08:32:02 am
      See only utd fans on the dail mail page have commented so far
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #7: Nov 18, 2011 08:36:04 am
      Thanks, Redangel.

The last line is promising, I think. This can't just be allowed to drop because, as Gus says, it will just lead to people being charged over complaints all the time with no proof.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,043 posts | 3967 
      Reply #8: Nov 18, 2011 08:36:48 am
      Why the hell doesn't Evra just admit that he was made to look like a second rate amateur by Luis Suarez that day and that is the reason for his complaint(winging).
      He is a second rate amateur Billy and like his manager devoid of class - disgrace to the game.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #9: Nov 18, 2011 11:05:26 am
      This is the full interview, the one posted above takes everything out of context.

Gus Poyet insists Luis Suarez is ‘100% not a racist’ – and says England needs to adapt to foreign players coming into the country.
      The Liverpool striker has been charged by the FA with abuse that “included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Patrice Evra”, but the Brighton boss doesn’t believe he should have a case to answer.
      And in an explosive interview with the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast, he backed his fellow Uruguayan to the hilt.
      Poyet said: “I know Luis very well and I will go to court if someone wants to prove he’s not racist. We live in Uruguay with plenty of people who have different colour skin. We all live together and play football together. I’ve been room-mates with people of different colour and we have no problems at all.
      “I can assure you and everyone Luis is not a racist. We use different words and it is a different kind of situation. What hurts me the most is that you accuse someone. Luis Suarez has been accused of being a racist.
      “You cannot accuse people without a proper investigation, especially when it’s a foreigner who is coming from a different place where we treat people of colour in a different way. So it was very easy to accuse someone.
      “
      England should adapt to the foreigners that come here and England needs to understand how the rest of the world lives. If we have that understanding, easy
      ”
      Gus Poyet
      “You need to go first vey deep into it to see if there is maybe a case. For me there is nothing at all and we’re making things look bigger than they are and that hurts.”
      And Poyet claims the authorities in England have to understand the way the rest of the world views terms that could be construed as racist, although he concedes players coming into the UK also need to adapt to the different culture.
      He added: “I played with a player, and nobody knew him as Fernando Cáceres. Everyone knows him worldwide as Negro Caceres – even in the newspapers and on television they all him that. Is that racist? In England it is but in the rest of the world, in South America or Spain, it’s not. Because I read that 100 times in newspapers and I listen to TV programmes calling Fernando, a good friend of mine, Negro Caceres.
      “I understand people in this country and I changed my way of behaving, but Luis has been in this country just a few months.
      “I played in Spain for seven years and they called me everything. It doesn’t make it right, but what do you want? Tell me what you want.
      “Me, I’m not racist. I’ve lived with people of different colours in different countries and I adapted to every single situation. Suarez needs to adapt to England, and England needs to adapt to the players that come here.
      “England should adapt to the foreigners that come here and England needs to understand how the rest of the world lives. If we have that understanding, easy.
      “If you try to go to a point that doesn’t exist in the rest of the world, it’s going to be complicated. You think the rest of the world is wrong and you are right. Maybe it looks like you want the whole world to drive on the right hand side. Do you want that? So you need to adapt as well.
      “Luis Suarez is 100% not a racist. We can accuse people and make Suarez look like a racist, but he’s not. He lived in a country where we live with people and work with people of other colour. And we trust them to the end.
      “You are not racist when you go against one, but [you are] if you go against the whole world of different colour and nationalities. That is being racist, not saying one word in one moment.
      “If that’s what you want, fair enough. I take it and accept it. I had to behave in a different way because I’ve been in England for 13 years. So I know what you are like and I adapt to that.
      “Give Suarez another six months and I think he’ll be how you want him to be. “ 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #10: Nov 18, 2011 12:22:13 pm
      Already been posted in the existing thread.

Topic Locked.

Quick Reply