Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bmouth [Premier League] Sat 21st Sep @ 3:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 21st of September and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W16 D3 L7

Marco Bueno (Pachuca)

Read 25354 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,372 posts | 2858 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Marco Bueno (Pachuca)
      Jul 15, 2011 10:52:25 pm
      The following article is originally in Portuguese, but I've made a translation, apologies for any mistakes:

Striker says he is on Liverpool radar
      Marco Bueno, 17 years old, would leave Pachuca to play in the Premier League. The player won the under-17 World Cup with Mexico.

Given the difficulty to sign Higuain from Real Madrid, Liverpool dreams of adding another forward to the squad for the next season. According to the website "Medio Tiempo", the striker who could be on his way to the English club is the 17 years old Marco Bueno, from Pachuca. The player revealed he's been in talks with the Reds and that a deal could be finalized soon. 

- There has been talks. Pachuca and Liverpool are negotiating, but for now I'm concentrated in Pachuca. I must be going to Liverpool in a few days - he said to "TV PacĂ­fico de CuliacĂĄn".

Bueno participated in the victorious Mexican under-17 World Cup campaign, that took place in their own country and finished last Sunday, when the hosts beat Uruguay by 2-0 in the final.

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/futebol-ingles/noticia/2011/07/atacante-campeao-pelo-mexico-esta-na-mira-do-liverpool-diz-jornal.html
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Re: Marco Bueno (Pachuca)
      Reply #1: Jul 15, 2011 10:53:45 pm
      Jeffren, Zapata and now some 17 year old.

I wish people would stop claiming to be signing for us.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #2: Jul 15, 2011 10:55:02 pm
      Interesting. Not seen anything of him at all (unless I have done without knowing about it.) Has anyone got any insight into his game?
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #3: Jul 15, 2011 10:55:48 pm
      I saw this earlier on facebook, or twitter, one or the other. They reckoned it was for a trial.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #4: Jul 16, 2011 12:23:45 am
      Is Bueno any Bueno?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #5: Jul 17, 2011 01:44:02 am

An interesting article on the player from fifa.com ...

Bueno, Mexico’s Sinaloan sensation

Wednesday 6 July 2011

It’s more than just patriotic fervor that has the fans here in Mexico on the edge of their seats and jumping for joy when the home side takes the pitch. Raul Gutierrez’s young El Tri have put on a show across three venues, with their stylish and cohesive brand of football producing 12 goals in five games.

One of Mexico’s finest purveyors of the attacking arts here at the FIFA U-17 finals is Marco Bueno, who forms one-half of the team’s lethal strike-force alongside poacher supreme Carlos ‘Charley’ Fierro of Chivas. The pair boasts an understanding that borders on the telepathic, allowing them to slip into almost imperceptible seams in otherwise watertight defences.

“We’ve played together since we were very young,” Bueno told FIFA.com after their quarter-final win against France, his face lighting up when asked about his friend and strike partner. Both hail from the Northwestern Mexican state of Sinaloa, Bueno from Culiacan and Fierro from Los Mochis, and have been playing together since they were just wee lads. “When you play with someone for a long time you can predict what they are going to do and you can be a few steps ahead of the defenders. There is a strong understanding between the two of us on the field and off.”

The pair are responsible for five of free-scoring Mexico’s goals at these junior finals and although neither one is imposing physically, they have a grit and determination about them in keeping with their respective Sinaloan hometowns, both Mexican boxing hot-beds. “We are really motivated right now, as you would expect,” added Bueno, who has scored only one goal to Fierro’s four. What he lacks on the scoresheet, however, he more than makes up for by disrupting defences and creating spaces with his vision and smart movement. “We have all the spirit and power we need to take into the semi-final.”

Mexico’s last outing, against France in Pachuca, saw Bueno playing on his home patch. He is a part of the youth set-up at Hidalgo giants Club Pachuca and a thrilling prospect for the future. The forward beams when talking about what it feels like to pull on the famous green jersey and represent his country on home soil. “There is such a pride in playing in front of these great fans,” he said. “We have a responsibility to them to give everything we have out on the pitch. They give us so much and all that we can do is play our hearts out.”

It will take more than just whole-hearted effort and endeavour to get the better of rampant Germany in the semi-final in steamy Torreon on Thursday, but Bueno – always smiling and always eager – harbours no fears of the young Nationalmannschaft, who have scored a tournament-best 18 goals in their five games so far. “We can’t respect Germany too much,” he said. “We have to fight; we have to win every ball and not give them a sniff of anything. We have to give everything inside of us to win this game. We will do it. We will give our hearts and souls.”

While this Mexican team aims to match the heroics of the so-called ‘golden generation’ of Gio dos Santos and Carlos Vela, who raised the U-17 World Cup trophy in Peru in 2005, Bueno is quick to banish any premature talk of reaching the final at the fabled Estadio Azteca on 10 July. “We are one step from the final, but it is a big step,” he said, suddenly serious. “We must focus on Germany.”

http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/newsid=1469588/index.html
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #6: Jul 17, 2011 01:46:36 am
      Just reminded me I bought a Kinder Bueno tonight but forgot to eat it :(
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #7: Jul 17, 2011 02:27:27 am
      Source Luis? ;)
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,790 posts | 245 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #8: Jul 17, 2011 05:03:06 am
      I think a lot of players the day after they won the u17 world cup were being linked to every club in South America and Europe.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #9: Jul 17, 2011 09:56:01 am
      Just reminded me I bought a Kinder Bueno tonight but forgot to eat it :(

Great. We're getting beaten to our targets by a teenager. FSG are skint.
      kevinho
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,698 posts | 78 
      • YNWA
      Reply #10: Jul 18, 2011 04:50:42 pm
      Oh god he's from Sinaloa?! If he comes to Melwood expect everyone at the Academy to start using copious amounts of cocaine and be on Most Wanted lists in no time :D
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #11: Jul 20, 2011 08:45:03 am
      Liverpool eyeing own 'Chicharito'

Inspired by Javier Hernandez's success at Manchester United, Liverpool are looking to sign Mexican wonderkid Marco Bueno.

Hernandez was signed by United last summer and has been a revelation in his first season in the Barclays Premier League.

Now according to The Daily Mirror newspaper, the Reds are going Mexican too as they have offered Bueno a five-year deal at Anfield and are currently in talks with the striker's club Pachuca.

Pachuca vice-president Andres Fassi was quoted as saying: "We are conducting negotiations with Liverpool and possibly, on August 1, Marco Bueno will pay a visit to Liverpool.

"We have already practically closed negotiations with them. They want to buy 100% of the rights.''

Meanwhile, the Reds have recently secured the signing of Stewart Downing from Aston Villa and goalkeeper Alexander Doni from Roma.
      http://www.espnstar.com/football/premier-league/news/detail/item644240/Liverpool-eyeing-own-%27Chicharito%27/
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #12: Jul 20, 2011 09:25:21 am
      I have always like Bueno, it's one of the better chocolate bars kinder produce. 
      Alicus
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 990 posts | 16 
      Reply #13: Jul 20, 2011 09:58:50 am
      I have always like Bueno, it's one of the better chocolate bars kinder produce. 

;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,722 posts | 3556 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #14: Jul 20, 2011 10:11:08 am
      From what I saw at the U-17's we should go for Fierro instead, he's got pace and works his arse off
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 34,086 posts | 4128 
      • Does anyone ever listen to him?
      Reply #15: Jul 20, 2011 10:54:01 am
      video65550.flv

Anyone speak Spanish?

Looks like Torres' and Alonso's lovechild. For that alone sign him up.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #16: Jul 20, 2011 11:31:17 am
      video65550.flv

Anyone speak Spanish?

Looks like Torres' and Alonso's lovechild. For that alone sign him up.

Yeah I do....he said "Liverpool"....sorry, that is all i got. ;)

I watched this guy in the U17 World Cup and he was something extra special. I think it would be a real swoop if we got him. Technically gifted, decent in the air and an eye for goal.
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #17: Jul 20, 2011 11:37:05 am
      so he is coming for trails ?
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #18: Jul 20, 2011 11:38:55 am
      REDS CLOSE TO MARCOS BUENO DEAL
      Liverpool are close to reaching a successful conclusion to negotiations with Mexican rising star Marco Bueno, according to teenager's current club.

Reports are suggesting that Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish has invited the Under-17 World Cup winner to England for a 10-day trial.

If Bueno, who has been compared to Manchester United's Javier Hernandez, impresses during his time with Liverpool, the Premier League club are said to be ready to offer a five-year contract.

And Bueno's current employers, Pachuca, claim that Liverpool are determined to complete the deal this summer.

Pachuca vice-president Andres Fassi is quoted as saying: "We are conducting negotiations with Liverpool and possibly, on August 1, Marco Bueno will pay a visit to Liverpool.

"We have already practically closed negotiations with them. They want to buy 100 per cent of the rights."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/07/20/manual_092135.html&TEAMHD=soccer&BID=165

Seems like a done deal. What is this guy's favoured position?
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #19: Jul 20, 2011 11:53:00 am
      Liverpool are close to reaching a successful conclusion to negotiations with Mexican rising star Marco Bueno, according to teenager's current club.

Reports are suggesting that Anfield boss Kenny Dalglish has invited the Under 17 World Cup winner to England for a 10-day trial.

If Bueno, who has been compared to Manchester United's Javier Hernandez, impresses during his time with Liverpool, the Premier League club are said to be ready to offer a five-year contract.

And Bueno's current employers, Pachuca, claim that Liverpool are determined to complete the deal this summer.

Pachuca vice-president Andres Fassi is quoted as saying: "We are conducting negotiations with Liverpool and possibly, on August 1, Marco Bueno will pay a visit to Liverpool.

"We have already practically closed negotiations with them. They want to buy 100 per cent of the rights."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7050162,00.html
      Lofti Rider
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts |
      Reply #20: Jul 20, 2011 12:05:08 pm
      Any one seen  him ..how good he is ?
      LFCSheriffe
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Reply #21: Jul 20, 2011 12:59:41 pm
      Hope he turns out as good as i am hearing then it will be major coup for the club
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #22: Jul 20, 2011 03:02:12 pm
      Yeah I do....he said "Liverpool"....sorry, that is all I got. ;)

I watched this guy in the U17 World Cup and he was something extra special. I think it would be a real swoop if we got him. Technically gifted, decent in the air and an eye for goal.

Tough accent to get to grips with but what I basically got (and I haven't spoken or listened to any spanish in many years) was he's happy with Pachuca but he's preparing for a future with Liverpool around 23?

Quick Reply