Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Marco Bueno (Pachuca)

Read 24970 times
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Re: Marco Bueno (Pachuca)
      Reply #69: Jul 28, 2011 02:53:48 pm
      Bijev looks like the reason we didn't sign Wickham. Loving the talent we're acquiring at youth level thesedays.
      Oh please, that has nothing to do with it. Signing Bijev is just a part of the plan on bringing in the best youth players possible. Wickham was a legitimate transfer target for whose signing we haven't done enough...
      I'm really excited about our Academy as-well, a lot of extremely talented lads there...
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #70: Jul 28, 2011 03:14:10 pm
      Oh please, that has nothing to do with it. Signing Bijev is just a part of the plan on bringing in the best youth players possible. Wickham was a legitimate transfer target for whose signing we haven't done enough...
      I'm really excited about our Academy as-well, a lot of extremely talented lads there...

What if we thought of the 3 players we've signed the odds are one of them will be as good if not better than Wickham and we then go out and sign someone a bit more proven than Wickham.

Don't get me wrong I wanted Wickham as well but I don't think for a second that we haven't explored all avenues and we allowed Sunderland to get the drop on us. Wickham wanted us ahead of Sunderland but we didn't want him or we would have paid what was necessary and he'd be here now.
      Comatorium
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 696 posts |
      Reply #71: Jul 28, 2011 03:23:08 pm
      What if we thought of the 3 players we've signed the odds are one of them will be as good if not better than Wickham and we then go out and sign someone a bit more proven than Wickham.

Don't get me wrong I wanted Wickham as well but I don't think for a second that we haven't explored all avenues and we allowed Sunderland to get the drop on us. Wickham wanted us ahead of Sunderland but we didn't want him or we would have paid what was necessary and he'd be here now.
      I really do believe Bueno or Bijev can be better players, I was just saying that signing them has no real connection to the Wickham deal whatsoever. We'll always be after the best youth players possible. I didn't classify Wickham as a signing for the U18s or Reserves. Anyway, we can only move onwards and upwards now, so I should be more positive.

Another thing, we should really try to get Carlos Fierro as-well. This duo works very well together!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #72: Jul 28, 2011 03:59:40 pm
      I wouldn't hold my breath, Chelsea tried this for a few years with them being the highest spenders on youth in the Premiership snapping up highly rated players like Kakuta, they found it hasn't worked and Roman has returned to the cheque book.

It is a complete gamble and you dunno how a player is going to develop I hope we can be more successful then Chelsea using this policy
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,480 posts | 2863 
      Reply #73: Jul 28, 2011 04:36:31 pm
      I wouldn't hold my breath, Chelsea tried this for a few years with them being the highest spenders on youth in the Premiership snapping up highly rated players like Kakuta, they found it hasn't worked and Roman has returned to the cheque book.

It is a complete gamble and you dunno how a player is going to develop I hope we can be more successful then Chelsea using this policy

The structure of our youth system is far better than Chelsea's.

And it's not really that much of a gamble because if they don't reach their potential just sell them on to a lower club.
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #74: Jul 28, 2011 04:39:23 pm
      The structure of our youth system is far better than Chelsea's.

And it's not really that much of a gamble because if they don't reach their potential just sell them on to a lower club.

I agree with you about our youth setup. I also think that the return to the chequebook by Roman, was a reaction to Citeh's spending and threat that they pose to Chelski as the new cash burners. I also think it reflects his desperation to secure the CL.
      Hayday
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #75: Jul 28, 2011 11:18:31 pm
      Really this like kids attitude, hope he can be a success on the pitch too!!
      Sami92
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #76: Jul 29, 2011 01:04:31 pm

What the hell are you talking about? Our approach is not the same as Chelsea.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #77: Jul 29, 2011 01:09:40 pm
      I'm very happy with the number of young talented players we have at the club now.

As long as we raise them properly, ease them into the team at the right time, and don't do an Arsenal and sell them when they've developed into a good player, our future looks brighter than any other english club.

Scrap that, I'm going with Pep Guardiola. We're the only side with a youth set up to rival Barca.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #78: Jul 29, 2011 01:11:32 pm
      Chelsea's youth have not succeeded or failed yet and there are a lot of admirers of the talent they have, the diamond of the collection being Josh McEachran who what I've seen of him looks a very special player in the making.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3890 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: Jul 29, 2011 01:12:31 pm
      Not the same at all Corbally. We have a proper structure in place to develop the young players. We've seen some good young players given a chance by Kenny and the NextGen Series should give our players the experience they were failing to get at reserve level. Will still be interesting to see how we build our loan deals. Roman can't let his men on the ground do their jobs. That's Chelsea's problem
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #80: Jul 29, 2011 01:25:08 pm
      I also get the impression that we nurture our youngsters far better than Chelsea. And when it comes to this aspect of the game, Guardiola knows his sh*t.
      Sami92
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 76 posts |
      Reply #81: Jul 29, 2011 01:34:33 pm
      For every youngster bought by Chelsea, there's a signing that blocks his path. Roman isn't patient enough to see Chelsea bring through many, if any.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #82: Aug 02, 2011 09:45:37 pm
      I also get the impression that we nurture our youngsters far better than Chelsea. And when it comes to this aspect of the game, Guardiola knows his sh*t.
      Sorry to disagree, Guardiola is harvesting the work of many others. Barca juveniles (La Masia) has been producing talents before Pep arrived. I love him as a coach, but credit to the people who deserve it
      Bueno is good, and has a lot of potential. Saw him on the u17 wc play against uruguay and he gave us quite a headache
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #83: Aug 03, 2011 12:25:26 am
      Sorry to disagree, Guardiola is harvesting the work of many others. Barca juveniles (La Masia) has been producing talents before Pep arrived. I love him as a coach, but credit to the people who deserve it
      Bueno is good, and has a lot of potential. Saw him on the u17 wc play against uruguay and he gave us quite a headache

Yeah I agree. Barcelona have thrived on having their whole club playing the same style of football from the first day they train to the last day they train with the club, and Guardiola is just continuing this trend. Back on topic though, is Bueno close to signing?
      donk1664
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      Reply #84: Aug 03, 2011 12:48:29 am
      Would love to get some reports or highlights if anyone can get to see the trials as he looked a right handful with an immense future potential in the U-17 WC. Anyone know when they are due to start??
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #85: Aug 03, 2011 01:50:58 am

I don't think he was suggesting the success of La Masia is solely down to Guardiola, rather that he would have excellent knowledge of what it takes to have a successful academy, having himself risen through the ranks at La Masia, as well as having been a coach at Barca B and now the Barcelona first team. The point is he's qualified to speak on what makes a great Academy!

As for Bueno, I haven't seen him play at all but he sounds promising enough, as so many do. Hope he impresses on his trial and continues with the good attitude he's showing at the moment.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #86: Aug 03, 2011 03:03:35 am
      I'm very happy with the number of young talented players we have at the club now.

As long as we raise them properly, ease them into the team at the right time, and don't do an Arsenal and sell them when they've developed into a good player, our future looks brighter than any other english club.

Scrap that, I'm going with Pep Guardiola. We're the only side with a youth set up to rival Barca.

I agree.

With the amount of signings we've made in the past 1.5 months, I'm content.

I'm also very excited and interested to see what the likes of Suso, Coady, Wisdom, Sterling and now Bueno can offer in a few years time.

Don't forget the time when they do step up into the first team, DC, Kenny and FSG may even have acquired many more exciting youngsters by then!
      Shemy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 591 posts |
      Reply #87: Aug 03, 2011 10:24:55 am
      Bueno
      Nacho
      Pelosi
      Bijev
      the Irish kid whose 15 years old

any other youngsters im forgetting about aht we have signed already
      rosscoveney
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 404 posts | -4 
      Reply #88: Aug 03, 2011 05:27:29 pm
      Bueno
      Nacho
      Pelosi
      Bijev
      the Irish kid whose 15 years old

any other youngsters im forgetting about aht we have signed already

Llyod Jones
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,656 posts | 3890 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #89: Aug 03, 2011 05:33:45 pm
      Any news on how his trial went or shall we just wait on official releases from the club :)
      jonty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,640 posts | 36 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #90: Aug 13, 2011 08:30:07 pm
      What's the crack?
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #91: Aug 13, 2011 09:34:23 pm