Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Marco Bueno (Pachuca)

Read 25055 times
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Re: Marco Bueno (Pachuca)
      Reply #46: Jul 22, 2011 10:10:27 pm
      Would rathet give Morgan first team chances but, I havn't seen this guy play

Here's a thought, you can never have enough talent in your youth teams or reserves.
      The Last King of Scotland
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #47: Jul 22, 2011 10:55:18 pm
      Would rathet give Morgan first team chances but, I havn't seen this guy play

I can just imagine a few years back.

"Why are we looking at buying this Ronaldo kid when we have Richie Partridge? Not that I've seen Cristiano play..."

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #48: Jul 23, 2011 06:02:15 am
      I can just imagine a few years back.

"Why are we looking at buying this Ronaldo kid when we have Richie Partridge? Not that I've seen Cristiano play..."

Made me laugh. very good point.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #49: Jul 23, 2011 10:54:48 am
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/721556-liverpool-transfer-rumours-the-latest-gossip-on-reds-summer-transfer-targets/entry/109235-liverpool-will-liverpool-land-mexican-striker-marco-bueno

Pachuca striker Marco Bueno created waves across the world earlier this month when he led Mexico to the Under 17 World Cup title.

Now, Liverpool could be on the verge of signing the 17-year-old to a five-year deal after a 10-day trial period, according to The Daily Mail.

Bueno paired with Carlos “Charley” Fierro of Chivas this month in the U-17 finals that created a strike-force that was fascinating to watch.

Despite some tight seams throughout the tournament, Bueno and Fierro had the kind of connection that made the defense seem transparent and soft, or, as FIFA.com put it, "The pair boasts an understanding that borders on the telepathic."

Bueno isn't a physically-imposing player, and that will never be his game, but his grit, determination and undeniable love for the game of soccer has translated into success on the field.

Said Bueno before Mexico's semifinal with Germany, via FIFA.com:

We have to fight; we have to win every ball and not give them a sniff of anything. We have to give everything inside of us to win this game. We will do it. We will give our hearts and souls.

And they did do it, turning heads in the process.

One thing's for sure: Bueno sure impressed Liverpool, and it may not be long before he's added to a squad headed into what may be one of the English Premier League's most competitive seasons in years.

Bueno has the makeup to be an impact player for Liverpool, and maybe even be a difference-maker as early as the upcoming season.

He certainly has the fire.

Another thing Bueno said before the semifinal against Germany: “We can’t respect Germany too much.”

In the English Premier League, that kind of never-say-die attitude is exactly what you need to win.

Cant we get Fierro as well ?

CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #50: Jul 24, 2011 07:15:11 am
      Fantastic if true these reports. The lad looks fantastic, and by the sound of it really wants to play for us.

We've missed out on signings like these over the years. Hope this puts an end to that. 
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #51: Jul 24, 2011 02:25:24 pm
      Fantastic if true these reports. The lad looks fantastic, and by the sound of it really wants to play for us.

We've missed out on signings like these over the years. Hope this puts an end to that. 
      This
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #52: Jul 26, 2011 01:20:26 am
      Marco Bueno

Marco Antonio Bueno Ontiveros, (born March 31 in 1994 Culiacán Sinaloa Mexico), is a Mexican footballer who plays as a center forward for Liverpool after signing a pre-contract agreement with the English club.

Wikipedia
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #53: Jul 26, 2011 01:36:43 am
      Good news if true but, anyone can edit Wiki  :-\
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #54: Jul 26, 2011 01:38:16 am
      Good news if true but, anyone can edit Wiki :-/

Agreed, but check the rumors thread, there is also a reliable source on twitter saying its true also.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #55: Jul 26, 2011 01:39:55 am
      Agreed, but check the rumors thread, there is also a reliable source on twitter saying its true also.
      I think it is true just saying Wiki is not the best source ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #56: Jul 26, 2011 05:16:58 am
      Would love a little more confirmation on this than a rumour account and a Wiki edit. Fantastic if true.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #57: Jul 26, 2011 05:55:08 am
      I think it is true just saying Wiki is not the best source ;)

To be honest nothing is really able to be a 'best source' on here now.

Depending on what people want to believe sources are panned one minute and then said to be good the next.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #58: Jul 26, 2011 11:25:10 am
      Being reported all over the place now that we've bought this lad and signed up Nacho as well.
      LFC Viking
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,112 posts | 38 
      • LFC: Europe's finest 5 star establishment
      Reply #59: Jul 26, 2011 11:30:13 am
      I can only find articles from March-June about Nacho ???
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #60: Jul 26, 2011 11:32:05 am
      via Rory Smith
      Looks like #LFC have closed deals to sign youngsters Marco Bueno and Nacho. Know the latter really stood out on trial 2 weeks ago.

• Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #61: Jul 26, 2011 02:20:30 pm
      Who is Nacho?

Edit: some kid who played for Albacete but anyone know much about him?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #62: Jul 26, 2011 02:23:26 pm
      Nacho was on trial with Vilyan. Both looked sharp for us. Glad to see it looks like Nacho is signed up.
      Vilyan, Nacho and Bueno would be great youth business for us.
      Albi92
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #63: Jul 26, 2011 02:43:27 pm
      I've only seen him score that one goal for mexico, that header. But the papers (yes i know...) do seem to think he is one for the future  :)
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #64: Jul 26, 2011 03:07:10 pm
      Mexican sensation to sign deal

26th Jul 2011 - Transfer Gossip

Mexico Under 17 striker Marco Bueno is set to arrive at Liverpool next month with a view to signing a five-year contract.

His current club Pachuca held a meeting with the player and his parents on Monday to agree arrangements, with the youngster reportedly due on Merseyside sometime in early August to begin training with the reserves.

"A pre-contract with the parents and Bueno was signed to be sent to Liverpool," said vice-president Andres Fassi.

"So we are accepting the 10-day trial and the conditions, if the English decide to keep him."

Bueno, talking about the prospective move to England, said: "I have to face it with great motivation and commitment to represent the country in the best way, and with faith that everything is achievable."

Asked about having the chance of playing alongside some of Liverpool's stars he added: "Yes, I really do want that.

"It's a life experience that I will never forget, I'm very excited about that and will give my best.

"Where the opportunity arises I will make the most."

Reports in the Spanish media also claim Liverpool have secured a deal for Albacete youngster Nacho, who had a successful trial with the club's under-18s earlier this month.

The Spanish press say the Reds have paid £150,000 up front for the striker with a further £350,000 of potential add-ons, plus a 15 per cent sell-on fee.

Villarreal, Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Malaga were all reportedly interested in the player.

Source: Daily Mail

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Author: Daily Mail

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/mexican-sensation-to-sign-deal

He'd be an astonishing signing as all we heard was good. Welcome abroad El-Nino  ;D
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,930 posts | 971 
      Reply #65: Jul 26, 2011 03:30:40 pm
      Can't wait to hear the announcer......  "Goooolllll!!!  Goooollll!!!  Gooooollllll!!!  Marcoooo Buenooooo es en fuegoooooo!!!!"  ;D :)
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      Reply #66: Jul 27, 2011 01:28:24 am
      Good bit of news there if true. :D
      Who is better Nacho, Bueno or Bijev?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,683 posts | 3904 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #67: Jul 28, 2011 10:07:09 am
      'I'm so excited to be a Red'
      27th Jul 2011 - Transfer Gossip 

Mexican starlet Marco Bueno is determined to grab his chance to shine after signing a pre-contract agreement with Liverpool FC.

The highly-rated 17-year-old striker will have a trial at the Kirkby Academy next month and if everything goes to plan he will pen a five-year contract.

His current club Pachuca say a fee for the Under-17 World Cup winner has been agreed.

"A pre-contract with the parents and Bueno was signed to be sent to Liverpool," Pachuca vice-president Andres Fassi said.

"So we are accepting the 10-day trial and the conditions, if the English decide to keep him."

Bueno has been recovering from a calf injury in recent weeks but expects to be firing on all cylinders when he travels to Merseyside in mid-August.

"I feel very happy and very motivated," Bueno said.

"I am wearing the shirt of Liverpool. I have my family behind me and that's enough to face any challenge.

"I have to face it with great motivation and commitment to represent the country in the best way, and with faith that everything is achievable.

"It's a life experience that I will never forget. I'm very excited about that and will give my best. Where the opportunity arises I will make the most."

Liverpool are also set to announce the signings of fellow teenage strikers Villyan Bijev and Nacho.

USA Under-18s international Bijev is expected to pen a three-year contract.

The 18-year-old from California impressed while on trial at Kirkby earlier this month as he netted five goals in two games. Reports in America suggest Bijev, who holds a Bulgarian passport, will spend this season on loan at Racing Genk to gain valuable experience. His agent Steve Kelly expects him to make a big impression with the Belgian champions.

He said: "Everybody cuts their teeth in the second team. (Liverpool) would be very surprised if he wasn't in the first team by the end of the season."

Young forward Nacho has also been on trial with the Reds in pre-season and scored twice in the recent 8-0 rout of Stevenage.

Reports in Spain suggest a permanent deal has now been agreed with Albacete. Liverpool are believed to have paid £150,000 up front with a further £350,000 of potential add-ons, plus a 15% sell-on fee.

Villarreal had also made an offer for Nacho, while Atletico Madrid, Real Madrid and Malaga were all reportedly interested.

Source: Liverpool Echo

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/i-m-so-excited-to-be-a-red

Kid seems to have a good attitude.
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 21 
      Reply #68: Jul 28, 2011 02:17:36 pm
      Bijev looks like the reason we didn't sign Wickham. Loving the talent we're acquiring at youth level thesedays.

Quick Reply