Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

More OOT Fans Or More Scouse Fans?

Read 10121 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Re: Do Scouse Fans Like OOT'S?
      Reply #23: Aug 31, 2007 05:50:45 pm
      Isn't OOT a bit politically correct, what happened to just calling them woolly-backs  ;D
      fergus kelly
      • Forum Youth Player

• 6 posts |
      Re: Do Scouse Fans Like OOT'S?
      Reply #24: Aug 31, 2007 06:01:17 pm
      Liverpool is not just a geographical location.............. It's a state of mind. It shouldn't matter where any fan lives once they have the intelligence to see just how good a Team, Club and Set of fans the Liverpool F.C. set up are. I am from Dublin and have never seen it as a problem  and hope the local fans don't have too many objections , Lucky B******s.
      howard
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Re: More OOT Fans Or More Scouse Fans?
      Reply #25: Aug 31, 2007 06:14:50 pm
      Mixed views really. I am from Bury but have lived in Liverpool since 1982. My wife and son are Scousers. I still go home and watch Bury FC (the mighty Shakers) and catch up with my mates, but I get to Anfield about 15 times a season and the odd away game.
      problem with OOTs is that you need to realise there's a local teamn in your area that needs the support of football fans for its very existence. Where would we be without Bury, Chester, Northampton, Scunthorpe or Blackpool? - these clubs nurtured the likes of Alec Lindsey, Alan Kennedy, Neal, Clemence, Keegan, Rush and Hughes and many more.
      so if you're an OOT, remember that you have a local team too and support football in general. Don't be like the ignorant so-called Man U fan I met on holiday recently who's from Barnsley but doesn't even know what division Barnsley are in. That's unforgiveable.
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #26: Aug 31, 2007 06:21:06 pm
      thats were it falls down for me. How can people whove never been to anfield get tickets for the cl final? its very very wrong. maybe thats why in some cases not all that local reds have a problem with ooters? I dont know if theres a way of putting it right but something needs to be done to help more locals get to games

Yeah I agree with you there. People who've never been to Anfield go to CL final and many many true Liverpool fans who go to every game couldn't go.. Tut.
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #27: Aug 31, 2007 07:42:49 pm
      Does this matter?as long as people are dedicated and follow us for the right reasons.I am an out of towner,but nobody can question my loyalty and passion,i followed Lfc for over 20 yrs,since first seeing them at Luton in the 80s.I travel up  and down the motor way for 3/4 hours at a time,I sing and chant as much as the most loyal supporter,i attended the majority of games,be it a cold winters night at Palace or Birmingham or The champions League final in Athens.What we don't want is oot following us just as glory hunters like the vast majority who go to Crap Trafford every other week.Ask yourself this,if (god forbide)Lfc somehow got relegated into the lower leagues,i know for one i would be there,would you?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #28: Sep 01, 2007 03:40:11 pm
      Isn't OOT a bit politically correct, what happened to just calling them woolly-backs  ;D

:lmao: I've got meself out of calling them that, as I've had a couple of girlfriend's from out of the city borders! Me family has never held back though! :laugh:
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #29: Sep 01, 2007 06:44:38 pm
      MY family anccestry is through the Tetley empire. No i'm not at the wealthy end but the other end. First went to Anfield as a 4 year old with me Grandad. Now an OOT. Have been for years since my parents moved south for work in the sixties. Cousins followed with thier parents, some red, some blue. All born and bread scousers with generations over hundreds of years behind them. Grandparents died, old age, now only distant relatives in Liverpool. Some life members and season ticket holders. John Moores, another distant relative. I did live in Hanbury Road off Cherry Lane in Clubmoor L4. I passionatly care about the club and where its heading. I find it increasingly difficult to get tickets for ANY games but don't believe that any of you living in the city love the club any more the me and mine ! Hey, and in my teens and 20s, I spent tens of thousands of pounds following the Reds but when kids arrive, money becomes more scarce. Its difficult. Don't slate the OOT's until you know the reasons why. I wouldn't mind betting over the years ive atended more games than some of you doing the slating.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #30: Sep 01, 2007 07:50:31 pm
      Well I was doing the slating and I've been going the match home games since 83 and the aways from about 95 and I don't know how much I've spent because I do not look at in terms of f***in money

And anyway its not called slating - it's pisstaking and if you've been going for years you should know the score a bit of piss taking then acceptance.

Oh and I've seen us win every f***in trophy going - including the league championship - F**k this prem lark - but I've got a feelin this is the season - so lets be one happy gang tonight eh! - I've had a few wee shandies today!
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #31: Sep 02, 2007 05:02:58 pm
      Hi there, im interested to know what fellow scouse supporters think of OOT's. Im an OOT fan from Kent and I dont want to ramble on about what a great fan I am and all that rubbish, but I do want to say I am a passionate fan who loves the club and I get quite offended at those fans that think OOT's should clear off and support someone else, it upsets me in a way, because believe me if I could choose where I was born it would be Liverpool by a country mile.

So if anyone who is a scouse LFC fan decides to read this post, could they please give their outlook on what they think of OOT fans?

YNWA

Matt

I am in exactly the same position as you, and feel the exact same way. I love the club and it is basically my life. May not sound a scouser, but a scouse at heart! YNWA
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #32: Sep 02, 2007 08:59:56 pm
      To be completely honest OOT'ers don't bother me too much (unless I get knocked back on a ticket and then I see some morons in the front of the Centenary - waving at the camera - taking their photos - while pouring out another cuppa from the flask).

There are two sets of fans at Anfield.  Those steeped in the clubs traditions who go there to support their team and generate the atmosphere (Scousers and OOT'ers) and those who go to 'experience' the event and the atmosphere (OOT'ers).

At the moment some of the latter are getting tickets ahead of the former.

The new stadium should allow everyone who wants to go - to go.

Don't really give a sh*t if I kick up a storm on here - but I find that some elements of the Irish support are the ones who have a lack of understanding of tradition of our club and our city.  I've heard some Irish fans slagging of scousers while in our bars, in our city, and at our football ground.  These type of fans need to do one and go back to supporting United.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #33: Sep 02, 2007 09:09:09 pm
      Especially those who find singing FOAR a problem (northern Irish in particular), had a few words with one or two proddy beauts who see FOAR as some fenian song, it's not it's a liverpool song.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #34: Sep 02, 2007 09:16:06 pm
      Well Hyton red I seem to have got right up your nose don't I. Mabey you don't like the idea that there are oot's who have been supporting the reds for longer than you and have been to more matches. Well get used to it mate, there's plenty of them out there. I'm glad to see you've been attending home games since 1983, Ive been going since 1956. Make you a sort of beginner doesn't it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #35: Sep 02, 2007 09:35:12 pm
      Not arsed gerns, as I've said before I know plenty of out of towners who support the club, they all know the songs, don't do easy f***in easy chants, and i probably guess you don't either.

No you actually didn't but for me, it's about a love of the club, not actually how much money I spend getting to and from games that was all.

Well I've only been gooing since 83, cos I was born in 77, so do the maths, I was 5, doesn't make you a better supporter than me or me a better supporter than you, we just have different opinions and different experiences from going to the match

You a little angry writing that, mabey (maybe)!
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #36: Sep 02, 2007 09:50:54 pm
      Think the biggest difference between local and OOT support is undertsanding each other.

I can't understand how somone can come to CHOOSE to support another team outside the area they live in. I didn't CHOOSE to support Liverpool. I was taken the game as a kid whether I wanted to go or not. It was just the way life was in this city. The club is a part of everyday life, the sites the sounds of the city irresepctive of whether it is a matchday. Luckily for me I wanted to but I still never got a say in the matter. Never in a million years could I get my head around supporting a something from a place I wasn't connected to.

But the fact I don't understand it doesn't mean that I think there is something wrong with it.

When the Anfield became all ticket, and you couldn't pay on the day any more, a lot of local fans have been sh*t on by the club. And as I pointed out on an earlier post in this topic, the club has a ticket selling strategy for which it sees in the best interests of the club. So the if there are any issues about who gets let into the game it should be the club who takes the stick. In an ideal world the club would have 44,000 OOT, first time to the match fans every week if it thought it could get away with it.

So I even though I can't get my head around the thought process in some OOT fans I take the attitude that we are all the same, just that some of us are the same.....but different.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #37: Sep 02, 2007 09:54:35 pm
      My sentiments exactly Bootle.  I remember the days fondly of waltzing down the ground to get in on match day - just added to the excitement.

I have nothing against OOT's visiting but I have felt for a while that local fans should get first dibs somehow on tickets.

Even if for the first day tickets go on sale to Fancard holders - if the ticket line only accepted calls from local ie. 0151 numbers.  It doesn't require a lot of genius to implement?
      reddog7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #38: Sep 02, 2007 10:02:04 pm
      why would the club want 44000 oots ?
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #39: Sep 02, 2007 10:04:13 pm

I don't get it.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #40: Sep 02, 2007 10:10:17 pm

People like me, turn up just at the KO. I never buy a program, I never buy any merchandise. I never buy any scoff or drink inside the stadium as I get there last minute and I leave 1 minute or 2 early, depending on the scoreline.

If I were running a business, which is what LFC and any other club has now become, it would make more sense to pack the place with people who are going to spned 4 or 5 tiomes as much as I do. The people in question are those who are making the most of either their first visit or on of those visits which are few and far between.

I'm not saying it is right, but  I undertsand the thinking behind it.
      reddog7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #41: Sep 02, 2007 10:31:00 pm
      I see what your saying. Me being an oot who has only seen LFC live a dozen times in 34 years i think that all football clubs are going the same way,money money,money.
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #42: Sep 02, 2007 10:32:52 pm
      I see what your saying. Me being an oot who has only seen LFC live a dozen times in 34 years I think that all football clubs are going the same way,money money,money.

And with a club like Liverpool where the demand far outstrips the supply, they can pick and chose who let into the game.
      reddog7
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #43: Sep 02, 2007 10:53:42 pm
      You obviously know the club better than i do. Will the "KOP" in the new stadium work for the local supporters? Surely season ticket holders { local or oots } will always be aware of the history, traditions and songs. Do LFC pick and choose?
      Bootle Buck
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts | 30 
      Reply #44: Sep 02, 2007 11:03:11 pm
      You obviously know the club better than I do. Will the "KOP" in the new stadium work for the local supporters? Surely season ticket holders { local or oots } will always be aware of the history, traditions and songs. Do LFC pick and choose?

Whoa !!!

Hang on Red dog, have anywhere in my posts have I have put myself on a pedastal and made out in anyway that I was an LFC expert ???

No ??? Thank you.

Read through the thread again and there seems to be an agreement to the number of OTTers at the match. Therefore I was posting my OPINION on that I thought LFC had a ticket selling strategy, and while I didn't agree with it I could understand why.

There are plenty of posts on here tha I don't share the same opinion of but you won't find any of my post offesnive, aggressive nor any more valid than any others.

If my opinion does not lie well with you then fine, but don't make out I'm some sort of smartarse.
      wilko1977
      • Forum Youth Player

• 5 posts |
      Reply #45: Sep 02, 2007 11:08:41 pm
      go to thailand. they fight like mad men over the shirt. OOT - LFC!!!

Quick Reply