Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Jay Spearing (Wolves | Loan)

Read 4735 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Re: Jay Spearing (Wolves | Loan)
      Reply #46: Jul 22, 2011 02:51:40 am
      Unless we sign a defensive midfielder, we need Jay to cover for Lucas anyway.
      Jesus Hearts LFC
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Reply #47: Jul 22, 2011 05:14:07 am
      I don't see why we would need to let Spearo leave. What is wrong with having cover? Honestly, if we have him we should keep him. No point in sending him out. Lord knows we could have used Aqua last year, but we were silly (and by "we" I mean Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum) and let him go to Italy. I think we have learned the error of that mistake and won't let Spearing go unless needs lend us to do that. My guess is that if this indeed does happen, it would be at the very end of the transfer window, but not in the middle of July!
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #48: Jul 22, 2011 07:32:29 am
      Personally i,d rather see Shelvey going out on loan to Wolves than Spearing TBH. Shelvey is young and needs to develop more than Spearing. You know what your going to get from Jay, hes a local lad and he,ll fight for his place and give solid performances when called on.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #49: Jul 22, 2011 09:31:19 am
      Spearing snubs Wolves loan deal

Jay Spearing has told Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish he is determined to snub Wolves and fight for his place.

Tenacious Scouse midfielder Spearing broke into the side last term following Kenny Dalglish’s return as manager in January and went on to make 10 starts.

He was handed a new contract as a reflection of his potential and is settled on Merseyside
      with a young family.

However, the 22-year-old has since seen the club buy big-money midfielders Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing.

Wolves have enquired about taking Spearing on a season-long, but he will only review his future in January - at the earliest.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-Jay-Spearing-rejects-Wolves-loan-move-will-fight-newcomers-Adam-Henderson-Downing-for-place-article773980.html

No direct quotes stinks of lazy Journo syndrome.
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #50: Jul 22, 2011 09:46:20 am
      Spearing is not a defensive midfielder, I despair.

He's fairly defensive mate, he gets about the pitch, puts in tackles, likes to get it off the back four and is a 'get it, give it' sort of player who generally keeps it simple. Very much like Lucas in a lot of ways. He does move the ball a little quicker than Lucas and he also strikes the ball well and is capable of creating opportunities for others but by an large, If I had to give him a label it would be as a defensive midfielder.
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #51: Jul 22, 2011 10:34:47 am
      Jay could give Lucas run for his money this season. His work rate is phenomenal, he is young and can play a good pass. He must focus on his defensive skills, that's his best way into the starting 11, as a DM.
      toradel
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts |
      Reply #52: Jul 22, 2011 11:36:32 am
      I wouldn't loan him out to a Championship team for sure but a premier league team that will give him about 30 league games, why not....? A full premier league season as a first choice would only benefit  Liverpool and Jay... We have enough midfield cover so lets just take a gamble... He ll come back a better player mentally, physically and with vast experience.... I am quite sure... I just hope he goes
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,875 posts | 165 
      Reply #53: Jul 22, 2011 01:20:21 pm
      Surely Wolves would rather have the powerhouse midfielder Poulsen!
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #54: Jul 22, 2011 10:54:38 pm
      Surely Wolves would rather have the powerhouse midfielder Poulsen!

if they take him then big micks irish..... oh hang on   :f_tongueincheek:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #55: Jul 22, 2011 11:00:29 pm
      Not for me this one.

Jay is worth a place in the squad and didn't look out of place last season when he was in the team. At his age if he is loaned out again I think it would be clear that he hasn't got a future at the club and if that was the case a permanent move would be better to both the club and him.

I actually think he is a good all round midfield player and seen the debate on whether he is a DM and have to say I just class him as a midfielder. He can play deep and protect the back four but he also has a bit to his game going forward and can pick a pass and have a shot at goal as well.

Good all rounder who I'd definately give another season.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #56: Jul 23, 2011 01:01:47 pm
      Not for me this one.

Jay is worth a place in the squad and didn't look out of place last season when he was in the team. At his age if he is loaned out again I think it would be clear that he hasn't got a future at the club and if that was the case a permanent move would be better to both the club and him.

I actually think he is a good all round midfield player and seen the debate on whether he is a DM and have to say I just class him as a midfielder. He can play deep and protect the back four but he also has a bit to his game going forward and can pick a pass and have a shot at goal as well.

Good all rounder who I'd definately give another season.

Exactly my point. Spearing is not a defensive midfielder, never has been. He offers a lot more than Lucas does offensively and he played really well at the back end of last season. He is a midfielder capable of controlling both sides of the game.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #57: Jul 24, 2011 01:52:16 am
      Spearing is not good enough in any position, in a top 4 side, in the premiership.Being Scouse is not enough,to guaruntee success.
      ruthcity

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #58: Jul 24, 2011 12:04:38 pm
      Poulsen would be a fantastic fit to the Wolves squad. Besides Poulsen is quality and can give MM lots of options. We'll keep Jay.
      Jrwanderer
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 115 posts |
      • Team Spirit of Champions
      Reply #59: Jul 24, 2011 12:33:30 pm
      Think jay would benefit with a full season as a first choice cm. It would do his confidence the world of good and would benefit liverpool in the future.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8674 
      Reply #60: Jul 24, 2011 01:03:32 pm
      Think jay would benefit with a full season as a first choice cm. It would do his confidence the world of good and would benefit liverpool in the future.

So why not do that in our midfield. I rather have Jay in the squad than the likes of Poulsen or Cole!
      robbieisgod23/9
      Reply #61: Jul 24, 2011 05:37:17 pm
      Spearing is not good enough in any position, in a top 4 side, in the premiership.Being Scouse is not enough,to guaruntee success.

as a squad player though? i dont think he is good enough to start games on a regular basis but to bring in when needed? and being scouse will give him that drive to still have the hunger to perform as a squad player.. he knows how lucky he is to be at the club unlike some certain italian members of the playing staff

Quick Reply