Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Ice cream vans.....

Read 2018 times
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Ice cream vans.....
      Aug 06, 2011 08:47:38 pm
      Well the jingles to be precise.  We have one that comes round our way, twice a day, every day and the jingle is the loudest I have ever heard.  It's outrageously loud.  Drives me off my nut.  I just cannot see the logic of having it so loud.  It's got to the point now that if his regular fatties don't come out for their twice daily fill ten yards from their house - he'll park literally outside their house and wait for them to come out.  Whilst playing his bloody jingle again.

Having done a little research, apparently there are limits on how loud they should be and it varies according to how close houses are to the road.  They're only supposed to play it for 4 seconds while stationary too.  Our regular guy often goes 10-12 seconds when he has pulled up  :f_steam:

Anyone else plagued by a noisy ice cream van?

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Ice cream vans.....
      Reply #1: Aug 06, 2011 08:58:38 pm
      I've never seen one in my road but as it's one of the main routes to our hospital, I get no end of ambulances driving past with their sirens blaring away. So F***ing inconsiderate  :f_tongueincheek:
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #2: Aug 06, 2011 09:59:39 pm
      I live next door to an ice cream man, he gives me ice cream tubs every now and then, for all i care he can play his music down my road whenever he fancies. :D
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Aug 06, 2011 10:18:37 pm
      That's is r_s, you'll have to go out to him one day and bang on about the regulations and our rights and then say calmly, "unless we can come to some sort of arrangement, of course."

Hopefully he'll offer you free ice-cream and not think you're looking for sexual favours.
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #4: Aug 06, 2011 11:38:18 pm
      Best thread title ever.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #5: Aug 07, 2011 12:19:24 am
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #6: Aug 07, 2011 12:54:16 am
      That Ice Cream van in Going Off Bigtime was alright.
      red_squirrel
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,131 posts | 15 
      Reply #7: Aug 07, 2011 08:13:10 pm
      That's is r_s, you'll have to go out to him one day and bang on about the regulations and our rights and then say calmly, "unless we can come to some sort of arrangement, of course."

Hopefully he'll offer you free ice-cream and not think you're looking for sexual favours.

I doubt I will be speaking to him.  I prefer my clotted cream devonshire, not that fresh air whippy sh*te.  And besides one day I saw him do a 'games teachers hanky' out of the drivers window when he pulled up.  Not something that would make me want to try his ice cream ;D

Not entirely unrelated:

Peter Kay Thing - Ice Cream Man Cometh

The Peter Kay Thing Ice Cream Man cometh Part 2

Maybe if he WAS renting out bluies on the side I'd be tempted...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,504 posts | 3455 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #8: Aug 08, 2011 10:18:12 am
      In the last few days an Ice Cream van has started coming around my way with possibly the worst music ever, its not even a proper ice cream van but some old van that's been altered for the job. The people look well dodgy. Having said all that the next time it comes I'll be knocking the little bas**rds out of the way to get to the front of the cue !
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #9: Aug 08, 2011 10:24:54 am
      Well the jingles to be precise.  We have one that comes round our way, twice a day, every day and the jingle is the loudest I have ever heard.  It's outrageously loud.  Drives me off my nut.  I just cannot see the logic of having it so loud.  It's got to the point now that if his regular fatties don't come out for their twice daily fill ten yards from their house - he'll park literally outside their house and wait for them to come out.  Whilst playing his bloody jingle again.

Grandad, is that you?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #10: Aug 08, 2011 11:42:11 am

Having done a little research, apparently there are limits on how loud they should be and it varies according to how close houses are to the road.  They're only supposed to play it for 4 seconds while stationary too.  Our regular guy often goes 10-12 seconds when he has pulled up  :f_steam:

Anyone else plagued by a noisy ice cream van?

Have you ever lived in Huyton?

Only saying that cos I remember an Ice-cream van around ours being attacked by some loon with a machete cos his jingle was too loud!
      Wall
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 108 posts |
      • Dangerous, Unpredictable and I Make a lot of Noise
      Reply #11: Aug 08, 2011 11:44:28 am
      One round our way had the 'Match of the Day' theme tune in a Ice cream van style as his jingle.

Best one i've heard.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #12: Aug 08, 2011 11:48:36 am
      One round our way had the 'Match of the Day' theme tune in a Ice cream van style as his jingle.

Best one I've heard.
      The one that used to come around our way played that tune, but he's gone now as he sold far more than ice cream!

Quick Reply