Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Champions League or bust for Kenny!

Read 4643 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Champions League or bust for Kenny!
      Reply #23: Aug 02, 2011 01:52:27 am

Exactly.

We did decently when Kenny took charge last season. We just need to better or at least equal that especially since we've got new faces in the squad.
      Devil Hunter
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 358 posts |
      Reply #24: Aug 02, 2011 03:49:17 am
      It's just a matter of time to see whether the new regime with new looking squad could challenge for top 4 and possibly forging themselves as a title contender or not?

I don't think it's gonna happen now until we see all of our big guns back in to the frame and then see how do we look.
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #25: Aug 02, 2011 04:00:35 am
      He didn't say that, and I would probably still keep Kenny if we finish 5th, maybe 6th, but only if there are very promising signs. Which I can't see if we finish 6th. Any lower and I probably would feel he should be replaced too.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #26: Aug 02, 2011 06:41:27 am
      He didn't say that, and I would probably still keep Kenny if we finish 5th, maybe 6th, but only if there are very promising signs. Which I can't see if we finish 6th. Any lower and I probably would feel he should be replaced too.

Think Kenny would probably deserve more then one season despite any finish (bar relegation and that is not going to happen.) unlike many on this board the owners are not knee jerkers. Right now and for as far as the eye can see there is no better manager available then our Kenny.

The only way we flop this year would be to injuries...Kenny and Clarke are not going to make tactical mistakes that cost us points, both men have enough experience to make sure that does not happen. And really even if we finished 8th Kenny is not going to get the sack 1 year into his contract...Once again there would be mitigating circumstances to cause a finish like that and the owners would understand.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: Aug 02, 2011 08:23:02 am
      Where is all this negative sh*t coming from,I would much rather discuss what reward Kenny will get when he takes us back into the Champions league as he surely will.Think positive lads and lasses and let Kenny and the boys make us proud once again.
      HoyaRed
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 629 posts | 26 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Aug 02, 2011 08:57:57 am
      Daily fail again. They know jack sh*t.

Kenny and Henry would've discussed the upcoming campaign and set out the targets already.

A top 4 spot should be 1st priority without a doubt, and it will be very dissapointing, should we fail to achieve that, but we will.

With our new signings, I believe we'll be right in the mix with the likes of all the top guns.

Kenny shouldn't be worried about his job, cause he'll be here way beyond his current 3 year contract.
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #29: Aug 02, 2011 11:35:26 am
      Kenny be given 1 more season if we dont get 4th do me a favour there would be a f***in riot. Kenny has a 3 year contract & the only way he wont see it out is if he doesnt want too.
      And that is just not going too happen.
      Kenny has a very diffucult job ahead of him just to get champions league next season, overhauling Arsenal & Tottenham will be tough enough never mind Utd, City & Chelsea.

Lets get behind Kenny no more of this I think might get another season horseshit.

Give yer f***in hed a shek lad.

We are priveledged to have a man such as Kenny as our manager.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #30: Aug 02, 2011 12:27:23 pm
      ;D it's daily mail, seriously, wouldn't even bother with it.

i'm sure john henry at some point in one interview or another said the words "not reaching champion's league would be a disappointment", it's what every lfc fan is saying. hardly an ultimatum to kenny, just talking sense

anyway, i don't think we're too far off challenging for the league tbh.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #31: Aug 02, 2011 12:42:06 pm
      let's be honest when we destroyed Fulham 5-2 we are thought that's it, were going to win the league next year. Then we lost the next two and have had a dreaful pre-season. We are back to earth now and must get back into the CL with the money we have spent, top 4 should be acheiveable as long as Arsenal dont spend 100m between now and 31st August. Man City and Utd are guaranteed, Chelsea should have enough so for me its between us and Arsenal.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,517 posts | 8685 
      Reply #32: Aug 02, 2011 01:49:11 pm
      YES. Look at the money they have invested in buying the club and improving the squad, it would be crazy not to be demanding CL football next season. As you stated yourself if Kenny was in the role earlier we would probably be there now.

Then you're a bit of an idiot!

They've chatted, Kenny has said he'd be disappointed if we don't get top 4, Henry has repeated it as though its his own feelings and now supposedly Kenny's is on his last legs because Henry is warning him to get it.

F**k Off Tabloid Muckspreading cu*ts!!.
      Bl00D
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 750 posts |
      Reply #33: Aug 02, 2011 03:24:41 pm

We are priveledged to have a man such as Kenny as our manager.

I think thats all that needs to be said to be honest ;)
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #34: Aug 02, 2011 03:41:17 pm
      What a lazy, sh*te piece of journalism.

One of the best I have read in a long time...
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #35: Aug 02, 2011 04:05:54 pm
      Good luck to whoever sacks Kenny if we fail to qualify for the CL this season then haha, you will have 45,000 very angry kopites on your case.  You will have a small minority on your side though, you know those ones who wanted Rafa out and wanted Roy in etc.

Its bollocks anyway, Henry seems a genuine nice bloke and he knows what hes doing. He knows we wont win everything over night, hes said as much already.

Quick Reply