Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 158533 times
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #851: Jan 03, 2015 11:41:09 am
      I feel this guy is very much a forgotton man! If I was Alberto Moreno I'd be quite suprised at how much I'd learn from Jose. He may not be an all round monster but his composure and his calmness helps him so much and seeing as Moreno seems a bit irratic at times if he just learns a little bit from Jose then he'll be amazing.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #852: Jan 25, 2015 09:33:35 am
      As Andrea Bocelli would say....

Time to say goodbye

Stinking footballer
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #853: Jan 26, 2015 10:37:24 am
      shocking bit of kit this lad, he needs to spend less time in the gym working his guns and more time practicing crossing and tackling. he had one good season for us then just sat back and enjoyed the ride. :mad:
      another one to sell to fund top players.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #854: Jan 26, 2015 10:58:17 am
      Jose's stuggling to get back to any level of fitness since his knee surgery, he's not really what we need anyway so he'll probably be gone in the summer.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #855: Jan 26, 2015 11:58:03 pm
      just sat back and enjoyed the ride

Hardly, he's been injured for ages! How about you wait until he is back playing a few games before completely ripping him apart? I'm sure you'd struggle at first after such a long time out too.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #856: Jan 27, 2015 12:14:09 am
      Exactly.  We need him with Moreno being an attacking version, he's is more defensive.  He has not had many games in a row.  And playing regular makes form.  But we need squad players that can come in and do a job and he does that!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #857: Jan 27, 2015 12:35:53 am
      Shown he could be quite good when given a run under Kenny.

Through injuries he just has not been able to do that with Brendan.

We could do worse as a back up.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #858: Jan 27, 2015 02:13:29 pm
      I personally would like to see Enrique stay. I still rate him and I feel he needs a run of games (Lucas situation) to get back to his high standard. Even if he's not 1st choice, he'd still make a good backup.

I know damn well that if we do sell him, it'll be less than 1m and we'll most likely buy a worse left back for 20m as a back up, so we should keep him for a couple more seasons :)
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #859: Jan 27, 2015 04:41:51 pm
      Hardly, he's been injured for ages! How about you wait until he is back playing a few games before completely ripping him apart? I'm sure you'd struggle at first after such a long time out too.
      agree he lacked match fitness but even Carra said on live tv that he dont listen to instructions and in the end he gave up telling him what to do. he is not the worst LB we've had but not the most switched on
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #860: Apr 06, 2015 03:24:08 pm
      Essentially paying this lad 80k a week to fund his trips to Dubai with his missus and play Mario kart at home.

Returned to training just prior to the charity game then has disappeared of the radar again.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #861: Apr 06, 2015 03:25:52 pm
      Essentially paying this lad 80k a week to fund his trips to Dubai with his missus and play Mario kart at home.

Returned to training just prior to the charity game then has disappeared of the radar again.

He's training with the squad ahead of the Blackburn match.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #862: Apr 06, 2015 03:30:07 pm
      He's training with the squad ahead of the Blackburn match.

His last post indicates he is at Nicki Minaj concert I'll believe it when I see him feature on the bench at least.

Having a sh*t Moreno with no competition is adding to the frustration.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #863: Apr 06, 2015 05:36:27 pm

Nice work if you can get it!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #864: Apr 06, 2015 08:45:54 pm

Are you blaming Joe for this mate?

Hardly his fault if he is fit and the manager doesn't select him in the match day squad.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #865: Apr 06, 2015 09:39:35 pm
      Surely deserves a starting spot at LB ahead of Moreno now.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #866: Apr 06, 2015 09:58:42 pm
      Not an Enrique fan, his highlight reel would be full of him recovering well from his own defensive F**k up and an occasional good through ball.
      Scottbot

• 9,625 posts | 2160 
      Reply #867: Apr 06, 2015 10:29:03 pm
      Not an Enrique fan, his highlight reel would be full of him recovering well from his own defensive f**k up and an occasional good through ball.

As opposed to Moreno not recovering from his own defensive F**k up and no good through balls!

Rock and hard place springs to mind. Sooner young Flanno gets himself fit the better for me.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #868: Apr 07, 2015 05:23:49 am
      Are you blaming Joe for this mate?

Hardly his fault if he is fit and the manager doesn't select him in the match day squad.

Not at all.

It would be better for all concerned though if he played out his social and personal life a little less in the public eye. Given his extensive list of injuries it adds to the frustration of the fan when he comes across as being able to life a happy and careless lifestyle off the field enjoying the luxuries whilst on the Liverpool payroll.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #869: Apr 07, 2015 08:19:28 am
      It would be better for all concerned though if he played out his social and personal life a little less in the public eye.

did I miss something?  what did he do?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #870: Apr 07, 2015 08:22:20 am
      did I miss something?  what did he do?

He's never off social media mate.

Personally I couldn't care less as I said last night what is he supposed to do if he isn't getting selected in the match squad.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #871: Apr 07, 2015 08:34:12 am
      He's never off social media mate.  Personally I couldn't care less as I said last night what is he supposed to do if he isn't getting selected in the match squad.

interesting.  I suppose he should be off in a corner crying himself to sleep until his name is in the lineup.

personally I couldn't care less.  it's not like he can pick himself to play.  If he trains hard and Rodgers still picks Moreno, what is Jose supposed to do exactly?  sit around sulking?

same thing with Sakho---Rodgers picked Lovren for months on end for no reason.  Sakho still went to Alder Hey, still did those videos with the school kids learning French etc.  Let Jose live his life.  I mean for f**k's sake he's got to at least try to get some enjoyment out of his life considering he has essentially been told by his boss that even an absolutely terrible employee is still better than him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #872: Apr 07, 2015 10:49:45 am
      interesting.  I suppose he should be off in a corner crying himself to sleep until his name is in the lineup.

personally I couldn't care less.  it's not like he can pick himself to play.  If he trains hard and Rodgers still picks Moreno, what is Jose supposed to do exactly?  sit around sulking?

same thing with Sakho---Rodgers picked Lovren for months on end for no reason.  Sakho still went to Alder Hey, still did those videos with the school kids learning French etc.  Let Jose live his life.  I mean for f**k's sake he's got to at least try to get some enjoyment out of his life considering he has essentially been told by his boss that even an absolutely terrible employee is still better than him.

That's it Fed.

He seems to have no hope getting picked Sonia he supposed to just sit at home in a dark room.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #873: Apr 08, 2015 12:14:59 am

Good on Sakho for doing that.

Let's clarify this the same Sakho walked out on the team prior to the Everton game then had a good stint on the sidelines with injury 6-8 weeks.

My frustration with Jose derives from the fact he seems quite non chalant about his staus at the club. Something if I was a professional footballer I would be embarrassed about, granted he had knee surgery missed a large chunk of the season last year and this year too but he doesn't show any hunger or desire to get back on the pitch and push for a starting berth. This has a knock on effect as Moreno finds himself walking in to the side regardless of how he plays.

Let me put a caviet over this I am actually one of the few that believe Jose is a better defensive option then Moreno or anyone on the left side in the squad.

Quick Reply