Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Jose Enrique (Contract Expired)

Read 159247 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: Jose Enrique Player Thread
      Reply #874: Apr 08, 2015 04:39:04 am
      reminds me a bit of what happened to Maxi at the beginning of the 11/12 season.  At the end of the 10/11 season he had just scored, what, three hat tricks in the league, in a month or so?  He was absolutely unstoppable. 

And then that summer we bought Stewart Downing, for what reason none of us will ever know.

Point being, at the beginning of that season, Maxi was benched.  For no reason.  He had played out of his skin towards the end of the previous season, but then he couldn't even get into the team ahead of Downing just a few months later---despite Downing doing nothing to earn that spot.

So sometimes there's nothing you can do.  It's not because Maxi had dropped in form.  Just that he wasn't favoured anymore.  So what can he do?  should he have just sat there pitying himself?

I don't think Enrique is a world beater.  But he can at least defend.  So that's at least something in his corner, as opposed to Moreno who can neither attack nor defend.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #875: Apr 08, 2015 07:15:55 am
      yeah the frustration clearly comes from the fact that Enrique seems talented but also seems to not give a sh*t. what happened to his ambition from back when he was at Newcastle but complained about their lack of ambition? perhaps he became disenchanted with our own lack of ambition?

also I believe BR and his desire to change all his players styles to fit his system probably had a say in Enrique falling down the pecking order. he's clearly the kind of player who you have to play to his strengths, not to mention we already bought him at an age where he wasn't going to drastically change his game..

I don't see the logic in Enrique playing just because Moreno is stinking it up, though. He shouldn't just be gifted a spot out of the blue.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #876: Apr 08, 2015 09:50:56 am
      yeah the frustration clearly comes from the fact that Enrique seems talented but also seems to not give a sh*t. what happened to his ambition from back when he was at Newcastle but complained about their lack of ambition? perhaps he became disenchanted with our own lack of ambition?

also I believe BR and his desire to change all his players styles to fit his system probably had a say in Enrique falling down the pecking order. he's clearly the kind of player who you have to play to his strengths, not to mention we already bought him at an age where he wasn't going to drastically change his game..

I don't see the logic in Enrique playing just because Moreno is stinking it up, though. He shouldn't just be gifted a spot out of the blue.

You don't see the logic in playing our other left back even though Moreno is playing beyong shocking? It wouldn't be 'gifting' him a spot then would it? It'd be dropping a player that deserves to be dropped. You're also accusing Enrique of not being ambitious but he's been injured for a long time, not sure what you're getting at with your post to be honest.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #877: Apr 08, 2015 04:19:21 pm
      he class on fifa, all that time out has made him one of the best.
      but as a top 4 team wanting to challenge for a league title no thanks he's been injured to oftern time to sell on and bring in a 25year old experianced LB to help Moreno develop and push him on a gear. not sure who is available and within our price range though.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #878: Apr 10, 2015 02:14:42 am
      You don't see the logic in playing our other left back even though Moreno is playing beyong shocking? It wouldn't be 'gifting' him a spot then would it? It'd be dropping a player that deserves to be dropped. You're also accusing Enrique of not being ambitious but he's been injured for a long time, not sure what you're getting at with your post to be honest.

I guess I'm saying the situation is probably similar to Balotelli in that the manager doesn't feel Enrique is in his thoughts and just doesn't even consider him an option. True, I didn't take into consideration Enrique's injuries, but have any signs pointed to him looking to smash back into the first team now that he's supposedly fit? On the flip side he looks like he's just enjoying his time off. Anyway, I'm not sure where I personally sit on that, I was just understanding where peoples frustration is coming from.

But you don't play X just because Y is playing sh*t. If Rodgers doesn't think X is training well he wont select him. If we don't have Z (ie. a third left back) he will look elsewhere because he doesn't consider X an option.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #879: Apr 21, 2015 02:19:57 pm
      So what has been Jose's injuries, niggles, strains, twists tears ?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #880: Apr 22, 2015 09:43:24 am
      So what has been Jose's injuries, niggles, strains, twists tears ?

RSI in his selfie clicking finger
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #881: Apr 22, 2015 09:49:06 am
      ;D. Aye he is some boy for his twitter. 

His wee mario cart tourni was classic though, I think folk thought he was on the wind up. But think he genuinly setup an online game for fans to play him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #882: Apr 22, 2015 11:24:00 am

;D

He loves a selfie does Jose.

I can't blame him though as he's F**k all else to do these days.

I'm a wee bit mystified why he seems to be totally frozen out as he has been fit recently hasn't he?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #883: Apr 22, 2015 01:39:14 pm
      ;D

He loves a selfie does Jose.

I can't blame him though as he's F**k all else to do these days.

I'm a wee bit mystified why he seems to be totally frozen out as he has been fit recently hasn't he?

Don't think so Si.  Everytime he plays his knees fu**ed again but I don't think the medical people are particularly happy with him as he went against their advice when he had the op. 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #884: Apr 22, 2015 04:09:34 pm
      he will be one of the players told to clear out his locker the fact we bought a 20yr old kid whos not had the best of 1st seasons to replace him says it all really, i wished he got back to the form he had at newcastle but i dont think he ever will and will always be injury prone.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,008 posts | 209 
      • do do do
      Reply #885: Apr 23, 2015 06:32:11 am
      where do you sell a guy like this? maybe Pardew will have him at Palace
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #886: Apr 23, 2015 12:47:19 pm
      I really like Enrique, I will be sad if he goes, but if he is crocked and can't play at top level, we just have to cut our losses.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,522 posts | 2874 
      Reply #887: Apr 23, 2015 01:04:57 pm
      Is his contract up in the summer? Think we'll struggle to move him on if not with that dodgy knee of his. Shame as I think him coming in for Moreno might have really helped us in the big games.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #888: Apr 23, 2015 02:05:59 pm
      Its not been publicised tbf about how bad his injuries have been, he is back in teh squad now, Im sure he is training again, and playing bounce games.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,615 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #889: Apr 23, 2015 02:11:27 pm
      Big man is not even on the injured list now.

----------------------------------

L Leiva

Hip/Thigh Injury

no return date

------------------------------------

D Sturridge

Hip/Thigh Injury

25th Apr 15

----------------------------------------

M Sakho

Hamstring Injury

2nd May 15

-----------------------------------------

A Lallana

Groin/Pelvis Injury

25th Apr 15
      RoarOfAnfield
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #890: Apr 25, 2015 10:10:33 pm
      Kind of feel he should be sold this summer

Just hardly ever starting ever since Alberto Moreno has joined the club

He isn't injured anymore

He has played 4 games in the Premier League to date, and all he played have all been wins

Jose Enrique is on more money than Lucas Leiva, with 10/16 wins for Lucas as well.

So, Lucas Leiva is earning less money than Jose Enrique, but starting 4 times more than him in the Premier League this season to date.

Hope it is okay to post a bit about Lucas Leiva, just using him as as comparison.
      diegoLFC07
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #891: Apr 26, 2015 11:07:45 pm
      If hes not off in the summer, its gonna be money wasted on paying him weekly. Moreno, Manquillo, and Flannagan are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Once Flanno is back theres no room for Jose Enrique. That and to add to the fact that hes been poor in arguably every appearance hes made this season.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #892: Apr 27, 2015 12:43:07 am
      If hes not off in the summer, its gonna be money wasted on paying him weekly. Moreno, Manquillo, and Flannagan are all ahead of him in the pecking order. Once Flanno is back theres no room for Jose Enrique. That and to add to the fact that hes been poor in arguably every appearance hes made this season.

Well he's recovering from injury, I'm actually surprised how little Enrique has been used this season, he must have come back terrible. It was a similar story for Kelly, came back from injury in poor form and never recovered his place in the team.

As you say it now feels like his place in the squad is simply eating resources rather than offering anything, should be shipped out for both his and our benefit in the summer.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #893: Apr 27, 2015 12:23:52 pm
       xxxxx:action-smiley-065: no chance he's staying next season
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #894: Aug 12, 2015 12:01:27 pm
      How things are going to Liverpool?
      I am in a difficult position . We have alienated Balotelli, Borini and to me. I have a year of contract and I imagine that the club will want to box, but I still have the idea of ​​stay and fight as I always have . If a good opportunity came with more years of contract and more options to play, I would study.

Trust Jose Enrique in retelling for Rodgers ?
      I will not give up. Football changes from day to night. I know from experience. I am perfect after two years with knee discomfort and Liverpool is obliged to record me . In addition, the template there is only one left side pure [Alberto] and I know that if I stay I'll play. I want to prove that some are wrong.

What Liverpool will see this season which finished second in the 2013-14 or ended sixth in 2014-15 ?
      This season we have no excuse not to enter the top four . It has spent a lot of money to bring good players and I think he has made ​​a great squad . We have many alternatives.

Fighting to win the league after 26 years of drought are big words ?
      In football you never know. We must try to fight for everything, do not deny anything. The season just seconds no one thought we would get this far. It is true that now we have a player like Suarez, so it's more complicated. I am sure that last season, Luis had stayed second or third. I do not say winning the league because Chelsea had a great season.

Who do you see favorite in the fight for the Premier?
      At Chelsea . Mourinho is the best coach in the world. You can play right or wrong, but you want. In that sense it would compare with Simeone, who won a League to Madrid and Barcelona despite having less budget

Does it hurt that much League after losing skid against Chelsea Gerrard ?
      Yes ,what bad luck ! I was injured much of the season, but would have loved to have a Premier in the honors. We did a fantastic season. I think we were those who most deserved. It is unfortunate that happen to us.

Henderson is a worthy heir?
      Stevie and Stevie is irreplaceable. Jordan also knows. They have given the captaincy because he deserves it, but must make their own way. I'm glad to give him the bracelet because it is an example in terms of work: always comes first and last leaves.

Luis Suarez also miss him less ?
      If Gerrard was God in Liverpool, Luis was almost God. Suarez is irreplaceable. I shared a dressing room with Riquelme, Forlán ... but none as good as him. It is among the five best in the world. I would love to be 11 Suarez. Barcelona have 100 % successful with his signing.

Okay Sterling 69 million that has paid the City?
      I understand Liverpool. I think for the money there to sell, but it is a great signing for City. It has nothing to do with what they say about him is super quiet, is careful, do not like to leave ... No looks 20 years. He spent three years in the Premiership and has almost played more games than me [laughs]. Now we have to see how he handles all the pressure around him there. Bale, who is older, for example, streaked high level in Madrid last season and it was his

Balotelli can perform at the highest level?
      Here it is difficult because the club has already moved her not want him. It is having a beastly conditions : it is fast, strong, technical... Now we need to work a little more, but you already know this, and find a computer that can play to prove to everyone that is wrong with it.

Time for a newcomer . What can bring Benteke to Liverpool?
      To me it has always liked. Reaching the 31 goals scored penalties without pulling Luis is very complicated, but it was the best striker we could sign in the Premier. It is a bull hits it well with both feet, goes well overlooked ... It complements well with Sturridge, they can form one of the best strikers in the league. Benteke you hold the ball and Sturridge is very fast. They are also Ings or Origi, which are big plans for the future

Can be Ibe 's successor Sterling?
      If Liverpool knows handle well is another player of 69 million euros. It is super quiet, as Raheem , but even tell you he has more conditions. He has been our best player in preseason. It is strong, and that does not touch a weight, driving and hit the ball with both feet. It is top, top, top.

How carry compete with his friend Alberto Moreno for a job ?
      Everyone wants to play, but before players are people. I have spent many years away from home and know what it is, more so for a Seville [laughs]. Alberto is a great player, completely different from me, and has a great future: it is a player of Spanish selection.

Jose Enrique is back to Spain if he leaves the 'Pool '?
      What I think is that I will not play in a team better than this. They are better just a Madrid or Barcelona. Liverpool lives up United. It is true that for many years without winning the league, but we must not forget that has five Champions. I had a very good option to return to Spain, but is complicated because the economy is very different from what exists here. The only teams that can deal with what is paid in England are the two grades, so I would love to stay here until my legs stop me.

http://www.marca.com/2015/08/12/futbol/futbol_internacional/premier_league/1439371831.html

Special mention to my good friend, google for taking the time to translate for me. Not perfect, but understandable!

I'd be more than happy to clean it up if people want, just let me know!
      « Last Edit: Aug 12, 2015 12:11:41 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      lilREDrocket
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 11 
      Reply #895: Aug 12, 2015 05:13:38 pm
      I'm sure people will disagree with me here but this kind of troubles me. IF that is the case where Balo, Enrique, and Borini have been alienated and somewhat mistreated by the club or whatever, that's not right. I'm obviously not in the front office, the locker room, etc. And I understand using the word "mistreat" is silly given they're still being paid millions by the club. But again, IF this is the case, regardless of their on-the-field deficiences or the view our fans have towards them as players or people...if we're true to "YNWA", then these players shouldn't be alienated just because the club is looking to offload them. YNWA shouldn't only apply to those players who are predominately on the pitch getting their names sung by the crowd, but it should apply for every player under contract showing loyalty to the club. Yes Enrique has been hurt for the last couple years but he hasn't shown any disrespect for the club. Borini, yes he might have cost us last year by rejecting the Sunderland move, but I can't fault a guy too much for wanting to stay and fight for his place. And Balotelli, sure he's been a headache no matter where he's been, but he has still shown at least some respect for the club and isn't in the headlines that often for the wrong reasons. By all means, sell them. They evidently don't have futures at the club but IF this is the case (and I stress IF obvioulsy because this is only one perspective from a disgruntled player), our club should stand by its players and stick true to our mantra of YNWA.

Just my two cents on the matter. Love this club, and I'll support it no matter what. Can't wait till Monday.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,628 posts | 2161 
      Reply #896: Aug 12, 2015 06:33:50 pm
      Plenty of opportunity there for Enrique to be bitter and have a pop at the club but he doesn't. However, reading between the lines he does come across as a player who isn't all that hungry for it anymore, his comments (if I've interpreted them right) suggest he won't be moving anywhere unless it's for the equivalent salary and that he would be unlikely to get it from any Spanish clubs outside of the big two. I do also find it a bit strange that he has been made to train outside of the squad, the same also for Balotelli and Borini. For the latter two I think the club are simply desperate to move them on so perhaps that is why, or it could be other stuff we don't know about. It is a little bit of a strange one.

Quick Reply