Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Negative Attitude!

Read 1924 times
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 926 posts |
      Negative Attitude!
      Aug 14, 2011 08:01:19 pm
      This is a little rant, this may well get closed or moved, doesn't bother me, just some stuff I want to say.

We drew 1-1 with Sunderland, which may not have been the result we wanted but its not too bad considering other results this weekend. It's been one game and theres so much negativity going around, whether Suarez and Carroll can play together, when they've only played possibly 3 or 4 games together, not all partnerships just work like Torres and Gerrards.

We have new players, and players who have only just came back (Lucas and Suarez) all need time to settle in, get used to each other, it's not all going to click into place.

We have a thread about referees, It should of been a red card yes, but there will be tones of debatable decisions all season and honestly its done and over with now, we've got a point, lets not blame the ref.

Instead of pointing out what was wrong, and being negative, lets get behind the team for the game against Arsenal!
      TKIDLLTK
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Re: Negative Attitude!
      Reply #1: Aug 14, 2011 10:55:50 pm
      I agree with you mate.  Knee jerk negativity questioning Kenny or our players at this stage is ludicrous.

The Ref thread I started was not meant to be negative, it is genuinely there to track what happens whether it goes for or against us, so that we have something to look back on in March etc and say yeah, we were robbed here and there, but this and that did go for us.  It is to see if it does balance out over a season.  It was negative yesterday because Dowd made two mistakes that cost us.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #2: Aug 14, 2011 11:09:57 pm
      Agree with the post but it just seems to be a general attitude by some these days. If we don't go out and play like a 70's or 80's Brazil and beat teams 4 or 5 nil then there will be people only happy to have a moan.

I'd understand it if we were mid table come December but after a draw in the first game of the season with four new signings and two players who played virtually all summer it's a bit early for the negativity in my opinion.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3: Aug 14, 2011 11:11:56 pm
      I think it"s more tormented than negative , tormented that our expectations were dampened a bit. a lot of us were expecting a big win but maybe now we"ll all realise that there are no easy matches anymore.
      stephenmc9
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,822 posts | 39 
      • 'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Live
      Reply #4: Aug 14, 2011 11:19:27 pm
      We all have the same mind set we dont want to loose any game what so ever or even drop points at home ,but the truth is we are always going to drop a few points here and there.

I think Kenny and Stevie will get in together for next week and beaten Arsenal away will give the team great spirit and wi;ll put us on a good run.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #5: Aug 14, 2011 11:20:48 pm
      A pessimist is never disappointed :)
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #6: Aug 14, 2011 11:24:33 pm
      Top post Junior red I think a lot of people need to take a look at themselves.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #7: Aug 14, 2011 11:25:21 pm
      People with negative attitude are those who chant down everything the manager does.

People with blinkers are those deny anything that might be seen as negative.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #8: Aug 15, 2011 12:30:10 am
      No one should have a negative attitude at this early stage of the season..... if your one of those people, get a grip will ya la !!!

;)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #9: Aug 15, 2011 12:52:00 am
      No one should have a negative attitude at this early stage of the season..... if your one of those people, get a grip will ya la !!!

;)

90% of the negativity is the same few posters that revel in misery Ms. Gerrard. Compared to 1 year ago we have a lot to be thankful for, oh how soon we forget
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #10: Aug 15, 2011 01:04:16 am

90% of the negativity is the same few posters that revel in misery Ms. Gerrard. Compared to 1 year ago we have a lot to be thankful for, oh how soon we forget

One of the reasons I didn't really post after the match.

I saw some positives, some negatives - BUT I loved the way we played first half.

The league is a long run, and you don't wanna peak too early.

Sorry to say, but whiskeynose has a knack of getting his teams to peak at the right time.

We need to do that as well, and under KK I think we will.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Aug 15, 2011 01:19:36 am

- BUT I loved the way we played first half.

The league is a long run, and you don't wanna peak too early.

This all the way  :gt-happyup:

That's what we've got to focus on, the way we played in the first 40 mins was brilliant, and we need more of that, and it will come.

KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #12: Aug 15, 2011 01:30:24 am
      This all the way  :gt-happyup:

That's what we've got to focus on, the way we played in the first 40 mins was brilliant, and we need more of that, and it will come.

I have certain concerns, but the positives outweigh them, for now.

I'm just going to see what happens, and go from there - like how we play and whatnot.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #13: Aug 15, 2011 01:31:26 am
      You should know that optimism/positivity is banned on here for at least a few days after a draw or loss mate
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #14: Aug 15, 2011 01:34:01 am
      You should know that optimism/positivity is banned on here for at least a few days after a draw or loss mate

Meh, it's one game - and for half of it we looked pretty damn good.

We just couldn't carry it on, for whatever reason (thinking fitness)

I saw enough that I am confident that when we click we will destroy teams, as long as we stop hoofing.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #15: Aug 15, 2011 01:34:55 am
      The only thing that's getting at me is we were the only ones that dropped points at home
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #16: Aug 15, 2011 01:36:20 am
      The only thing that's getting at me is we were the only ones that dropped points at home

:lmao: :lmao:

:P
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      Reply #17: Aug 15, 2011 01:40:25 am
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #18: Aug 15, 2011 01:51:40 am
      I think it's the fact we drew at home rather than away, but some people need to get a grip, sure it's not what we expected and I would understand the moaning if we were 10th and it was December!

Sorry to say, but whiskeynose has a knack of getting his teams to peak at the right time.
      I agree, this is true.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #19: Aug 15, 2011 02:00:34 am
      One game in and the doomsayers are at it already.  Why?  Seriously, why?  I get the disappointment of not winning but some of the kneejerking is equally disappointing.  Our player of the season is only just back as is our player of the second half of last season.  Two seriously influential players who both visably tired in the second half, as did most of the team.  I was very happy with what I saw in the first half and thought we were unlucky to be only one up at the end of it.  I can't wait til the Arsenal game.

Quick Reply