Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Dalglish's immunity to mistakes

Read 9259 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Re: Dalgish's immunity to mistakes
      Reply #23: Aug 14, 2011 10:42:10 pm
      Missed pen, Carrol goal wrongly dissallowed. That  you might say was 3 - 1, a decent home win. Would we still be asking the same question, even though we were poor in the second half. I don't think so, and Kenny had no control over those incidents. Mabey could have made better subs under the circumstances but generally I'd say he got it right, and at half time I think 99.9 % of us thought the same.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #24: Aug 14, 2011 10:48:51 pm
      Irritatingly predictable knee-jerking has taken over the forum this weekend, it seems.
      Think I'll stay off here for the day.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,372 posts | 4973 
      Reply #25: Aug 14, 2011 10:59:42 pm
      Irritatingly predictable knee-jerking has taken over the forum this weekend, it seems.
      Think I'll stay off here for the day.

I've been off the forum for the most of the last two weeks mate and had a read of the match thread last night and turned off again!

crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #26: Aug 14, 2011 11:14:19 pm
      This was not concocted on the display of the Sunderland game. It can be seen where even last season the last couple of games Dalglish made some errors that people would not readily attribute to him. We're all supportive of Dalglish, no one is saying he's made more bad decisions, I'm only making an argument about the fairness and distribution of the truth. We must be able to say we're he's made a mistake without scrutiny of starting a coup de'tat. Kenny is the right man for the job but let us not make into a situation that because he's the right man for the job that there aren't mistakes that will be invariably made.

I get the feeling the feel-good-factor is slowly dying out as the results become that more demanding and the results do not represent the expectation. There must be a balance though, we need to realise that we won't win all games but that doesn't mean we won't have high expectations. There's definitely an Anfield issue as well, as the supporters are far too reactive than proactive and we need raise the levels of the players by creating a better atmosphere.

YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #27: Aug 14, 2011 11:50:37 pm
      If I think Kenny's made a mistake with anything in the team I'll put my opinion forward and say it, just like I would have done with Rafa or Hodgson or any player in the side. However what I won't do is slate Kenny from top to toe, that's just taking the biscuit. People did it with Hodgson because it was easy to. The team were awful and we were falling behind rapidly, not just that but the fact that people had a grudge against Roy from day 1 made him a prime target for abuse, however wrong that was. What Kenny has gave to this club over the years has put him in the position where if anyone thinks about giving him personal remarks that would offend him because of the results on the park, then quite frankly they should never think about supporting Liverpool again.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #28: Aug 14, 2011 11:55:35 pm
      This was not concocted on the display of the Sunderland game. It can be seen where even last season the last couple of games Dalglish made some errors that people would not readily attribute to him. We're all supportive of Dalglish, no one is saying he's made more bad decisions, I'm only making an argument about the fairness and distribution of the truth. We must be able to say we're he's made a mistake without scrutiny of starting a coup de'tat. Kenny is the right man for the job but let us not make into a situation that because he's the right man for the job that there aren't mistakes that will be invariably made.

I get the feeling the feel-good-factor is slowly dying out as the results become that more demanding and the results do not represent the expectation. There must be a balance though, we need to realise that we won't win all games but that doesn't mean we won't
      have high expectations. There's definitely an Anfield issue as well, as the supporters are far too reactive than proactive and we need raise the levels of the players by creating a better atmosphere.

Mate don't know where you get the fact that the feel good factor re Kenny has gone as it's sure not Liverpool fella.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Aug 15, 2011 12:01:25 am
      Of course he will make mistakes, he showed that yesterday. It's over the course of his time here that he will be judged.

No knee-jerking, no outlandish criticisms, no hallucinations have been made. I don't know what some people are on about.

Yes time is needed, but that doesn't stop from highlighting where some players and our manager can improve.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #30: Aug 15, 2011 12:03:47 am

Mate don't know where you get the fact that the feel good factor re Kenny has gone as it's sure not Liverpool fella.

Maybe that's part of the problem.

We need to be as honest and open about KK as we would any other manager, and not let the fact that he is (and always will be) a legend to get in the way.

I don't think he got it particularly wrong yesterday, as the first half showed.

The second half was pretty dire though - and I also think we have to credit to sunderland for that.

The game should have been put to bed in the first half - it wasn't, and we paid the price for a variety of reasons. KK is only one of them.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #31: Aug 15, 2011 12:06:50 am
      Or maybe because if your scouse Liverpool a way of life and you can see the bigger picture and less knee jerk. Maybe not but who knows.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #32: Aug 15, 2011 12:11:58 am
      Or maybe because if your scouse Liverpool a way of life and you can see the bigger picture and less knee jerk. Maybe not but who knows.

So, because I'm not a scouser, I don't "understand" the Liverpool way?

What a crock of sh*t.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #33: Aug 15, 2011 12:13:03 am

What a crock of sh*t.

Said maybe? You do understand English don't you?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #34: Aug 15, 2011 12:14:17 am

What a crock of sh*t.

Makes you embarrassed of some of our clubs supporters, doesn't it.  ;)  :D
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #35: Aug 15, 2011 12:16:06 am
      Said maybe? You do understand English don't you?

I understand it perfectly well, thank you.

I also understand from your previous posts that you have a huge chip on your shoulder.

When I dared to suggest that Rafa was right to re-organise the academy, you sent me abusive PM's.

So wind your neck in, because I'm not buying into your bullshit windups.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #36: Aug 15, 2011 12:19:24 am
      Maybe that's part of the problem.

We need to be as honest and open about KK as we would any other manager, and not let the fact that he is (and always will be) a legend to get in the way.

I don't think he got it particularly wrong yesterday, as the first half showed.

The second half was pretty dire though - and I also think we have to credit to sunderland for that.

The game should have been put to bed in the first half - it wasn't, and we paid the price for a variety of reasons. KK is only one of them.

The first 25 minutes was some good looking Footy, 2nd half the wheels fell off. Was not Kenny's fault, was not Adam's fault and it was not because Aqualani wasn't playing.

As stated above it was a team issue to which they all should be held accountable for. Flanno being out of position on that goal was no worse then Carr a playing hoof ball or for that matter Adam's lack of tackling.

I saw Lucas give croa few ball's away carelessly as well as Carroll not connecting on some decent crosses.

Suarez hits the the back of the net (which by the way he is paid to do) and it is an opening day win.

Adam's fitness? All of them had hands on hip's in the second half.

Whole stadium sucked after the first 30 or so....2nd half non-existant.

Win-lose and yesterday we drew as a club from top to bottom
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #37: Aug 15, 2011 12:20:29 am
      I have a huge chip when people think we have to win every game, slag off our players and the managers decisions when we didn't even lose on the FIRST game of the season. If me questioning the WUMS, glory hunters and pessimists offends.....guilty as charged.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #38: Aug 15, 2011 12:21:33 am
      I have a huge chip when people think we have to win every game, slag off our players and the managers decisions when we didn't even lose on the FIRST game of the season. If me questioning the WUMS, glory hunters and pessimists offends.....guilty as charged.

Really? Glory hunters, i have heard it all now.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #39: Aug 15, 2011 12:24:42 am

Questioning who?  You're not questioning, you're acting like the be all & end all, like one of those you state to be hunting.  Mind you, if asking questions you particularly don't like or you don't want to hear puts me in one of those pigeonholes, I gladly take the tag.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #40: Aug 15, 2011 12:25:09 am

I haven't critisized - only observed, like many others in this thread.

But you still felt the need to play the scouse card, didn't you.

Just because someones opinion differs, doesn't make them a WUM or anything else.

When I applauded Rafa's re-org of the academy, you mailed me, and called me a wum, a manc and a w**ker and gave me a shitload of abuse.

So tell me fella, who has the chip?

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #41: Aug 15, 2011 12:33:07 am
      We always draw our first game in the league. It's tradition.

Must say, a thread like this after ONE game is quite interesting.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #42: Aug 15, 2011 12:39:26 am
      We always draw our first game in the league. It's tradition.

Must say, a thread like this after ONE game is quite interesting.

If we lose to Arsenal the next thread will be :-  Dalglish.... Hung, burned or crucified, your choice. :D
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,934 posts | 829 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #43: Aug 15, 2011 12:44:07 am
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #44: Aug 15, 2011 12:44:09 am
      1 game and we are already in crisis, is this a tabloid site. 1 game at a time. Keep tallying the points. Thank god we got Enrique though. I love Aurelio, i think he's the best in the league at left back,  but he is Mr Glass. I didn't see the game, how did Agger play? Just glad he made it through.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #45: Aug 15, 2011 01:42:16 am
      He's only human. He's going to make mistakes but because he has managed us successfully in the past, we've put our faith in him, and rightly so.

Quick Reply