Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Paddy McCourt (Celtic)

Read 7816 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Paddy McCourt (Celtic)
      Aug 14, 2011 10:35:27 pm

Pool jump on Paddy wagon

Sunday, 14 August 2011

Premier League giants Liverpool are preparing to rock Celtic this week by making a formal bid for their Northern Ireland playmaker Paddy McCourt.

The Reds are understood to have made a tentative enquiry about McCourt’s availability on Thursday, less than 24 hours after his stunning goalscoring performance for Northern Ireland against the Faroe Islands.

But Celtic boss Neil Lennon immediately issued a “hands off” warning to Anfield chief Kenny Dalglish.

Liverpool will now consider upping the ante and offer a firm cash bid for a player who is also wanted by Wolves and Blackpool.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/pool-jump-on-paddy-wagon-16036324.html
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Re: Paddy McCourt (Celtic)
      Reply #1: Aug 14, 2011 10:48:34 pm
      He's gash
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #2: Aug 14, 2011 10:51:53 pm

Disagree.

He's a very good footballer but consistency and whether he could produce in the premier league are doubts that could be raised about McCourt.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #3: Aug 14, 2011 10:58:58 pm
      Disagree.

He's a very good footballer but consistency and whether he could produce in the premier league are doubts that could be raised about McCourt.

Couldn't produce at Rochdale ffs isn't even a first name on the sheet at Celtic he's gash.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #4: Aug 14, 2011 11:02:27 pm
      Couldn't produce at Rochdale ffs isn't even a first name on the sheet at Celtic he's gash.

He is a talented footballer and there are plenty of them who couldn't produce it consistently at a high level and Paddy may be one of them but he is not gash as you put it.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #5: Aug 14, 2011 11:06:01 pm
      I'm a talented footballer, but in premier league terms I'm gash same as paddy.
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #6: Aug 14, 2011 11:31:37 pm
      Have to agree with Gazza here, he is nowhere near LFC standard. He's in tbe same league as the likes of Osman and co.

Celtic fans even laugh at how rubbish he is.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #7: Aug 14, 2011 11:34:51 pm
      If some are to be believed we'll probably sign this guy to sell Suarez, got such financial constraints at LFC didn't ya know. Sounds like rubbish to me this, column inches needed filling.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #8: Aug 14, 2011 11:38:05 pm

Liverpool consider shock swoop for Celtic winger

Published 22:56 14/08/11
      By Jeremy Butler

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish is considering a shock move for Celtic winger Paddy McCourt.

The Northern Ireland international hit the headlines last week with a stunning goal in his country’s 4-0 win over the Faroe Islands.

Liverpool had been monitoring the 27-year-old and their interest has been flushed out by the attention McCourt is now receiving from other clubs. He joined the Bhoys in 2008 but has struggled to hold down a starting spot in the SPL.

He has outrageous talent but his lack of consistency has held him back throughout his career.

Dalglish is aware of the damage he can do and is keen on adding his flair to the Reds squad.

McCourt would be an unlikely starter but is capable of coming off the bench and making an explosive impact.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Liverpool-consider-swoop-for-Celtic-winger-Paddy-McCourt-article785664.html
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #9: Aug 14, 2011 11:46:11 pm
      Is he the one they were calling the Derry Pele last week?
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #10: Aug 14, 2011 11:49:47 pm
      Is he the one they were calling the Derry Pele last week?
      Did you know that Pele in Gaelic means football, he"s definitely no pele though.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #11: Aug 14, 2011 11:54:18 pm
      Did you know that Pele in Gaelic means football, he"s definitely no pele though.

No, I didn't.  Was a very good goal last week against the Faroe Isles but I know nothing else about him.  Can't see any truth in these out of the blue headlines.
      gazza31
      • Banned

• 2,751 posts | 35 
      Reply #12: Aug 14, 2011 11:57:51 pm
      Porborbsky scored a good goal in an international once ;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: Aug 15, 2011 12:02:49 am
      Anyone from the SPL should be hands off.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #14: Aug 15, 2011 12:40:36 am
      I replied to this in the Transfer Rumours thread but... NO! NO! NO! Smokes like a chimney. Doesn't track back. Doesn't even start for Celtic, I mean Scott Brown and Kris Commons ahead of him. 27 and he has played only like 60 games for Celtic in 3 years. Good dribbler that is it!
      LiverpoolCornhusker
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 656 posts | 24 
      Reply #15: Aug 15, 2011 02:40:15 am
      if its wolves and blackpool we are battling for a signature... probably not the greatest sign.... not always the case but generally a good rule of thumb
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #16: Aug 15, 2011 03:08:45 am
      I like the lad, the talent is there, the consistency perhaps not. Would defo have him on the bench though.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #17: Aug 15, 2011 07:14:26 am
      Ha ha this is a pis take is it he is not even a regular at Celtic.  Does score a wonder goal every so often but no where near good enough for the premiers never mind us
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #18: Aug 15, 2011 09:50:52 am
      Cracking player but doubtful fitness. Would've been a decent signing at the START of the summer if we set the training lads on him, regardless, for the pennies they'd be looking I think he'd be a good addition.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #19: Aug 15, 2011 10:03:04 am
      He is 27 and a bit part player at Celtic how in all honesty would he be a good  addition for us.Paddy mccourt is what you tube was made for
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #20: Aug 15, 2011 10:06:31 am
      I'm a talented footballer, but in premier league terms I'm gash same as paddy.

:lmao:
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #21: Aug 15, 2011 10:07:43 am
      He is very talented, no doubt about that.

Celtic fans, the one's who's opinion I trust, seem to be divided on him; some pointing out that he's lazy/doesn't track back, (for e.g.): others happy to afford him the benefit of the doubt because "when he does turn it on he's F***ing brilliant". As a Northern Ireland fan - I fall into the latter camp. He's something N.I. have been lacking for years and a luxury we can afford.

I live in an age where the watchwords are 'graft', 'work-rate' and 'tracking back' but I come from an age where skills, like McCourt displays, were commonly praised, luxuries afforded and mavericks lauded. I don't know if he'd succeed or fit in but (personally speaking) the old romantic in me would still give him and players like him the chance.
      « Last Edit: Aug 23, 2011 07:59:01 pm by bad boy bubby »
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #22: Aug 15, 2011 10:26:20 am
      Okay, I am going to try and be as objective as possible. I like the guy. He is a very talented footballer and he has his head screwed on. He has done very well for Northern Ireland and Celtic. Maybe decent as a back-up. However, a close mate of mine is Derry City fan, who he played for over here, and he claims that while he is very good, he tends to run a lot with his head down and not necessarily a great team player. I also believe he performs well against less talented teams cause he can almost take them on himself, as opposed to top teams who he may require help from teammates. In another words, he tends not to pass. ;D Personally, I would find this quiet a strange move.

Quick Reply