Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Paddy McCourt (Celtic)

Read 7783 times
      Haris
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 130 posts |
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Paddy McCourt (Celtic)
      Reply #23: Aug 15, 2011 10:39:17 am
      F**k him, we have Maxi, Cole, Henderson, Kuyt... We dont need winger, we need CB.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,482 posts | 3436 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24: Aug 15, 2011 10:49:52 am
      We should only buy him if he grows his hair like he had when he joined Celtic
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,035 posts | 69 
      Reply #25: Aug 15, 2011 10:52:28 am
      This may have some legs, considering we were in for Marvauex and missed out on him to Newcastle, as a squad player he could come in handy especially if we do end up moving Joe Cole on. CB is a priority and i do believe we will get one as past rumours and bids have shown we are looking at one ( the Phil Jones bid ) but as i said we were in for Marvauex also so that says to me we are looking at another winger for a squad player. Shifting the fringe players is proving to be a little more difficult than i expected but there is 16 days left in the window and i expect a few more players to arrive and be moved on.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #26: Aug 15, 2011 11:10:13 am
      I agree he has lot of skill but wouldn't think he has more thanthan say Joe Cole. He struggles with the tempo of the game in the spl i for the life of me couldn't see how he would cope with the pace of the premiership.  That is a good observation. Semple as well he runs runs with his head down
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,634 posts | 3861 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Aug 15, 2011 11:15:24 am
      Not what we need by a long shot.

Late twenties.

Inconsistent.

Not a centre back.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: Aug 15, 2011 11:28:24 am
      I've actually never heard of him until now.

I just went on YouTube to have a look and I agree with corbally - he's what YouTube is made for.

If he was like 20 or something it might have been worth a punt. But 27?

This would be a really odd transfer.
      YNWABairn
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      • Anti Modern Football
      Reply #29: Aug 15, 2011 12:10:07 pm
      Overated up here if you ask me. People think that he's sublime but whenever I've seen him he's been average, and that's in a p*ss poor SPL.
      njny_scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts |
      Reply #30: Aug 15, 2011 03:56:44 pm
      McCourt would provide depth as far as the left-hand side is concerned. I watch Celtic very often and I must say that he is one of the players that I have always admired when I've seen him play.

That being said, he's 27 years-old (not a typical player targeted by FSG) and I question whether or not he would be able to make an impact in the Premier League. However, if the King wants him, I'm not gonna complain and I will fully support McCourt as a Liverpool player.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #31: Aug 15, 2011 05:08:38 pm
      I will be embarrassed if we sign this lad, nowhere near good enough for us.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #32: Aug 15, 2011 05:20:43 pm
      The lad struggles against decent teams in the SPL, people couldnt honestly really believe he would be a success here. Youtube was invented for players like McCourt
      danny8t4
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,819 posts | 51 
      Reply #33: Aug 15, 2011 05:27:05 pm
      I've just told my mate who is a Celtic Fan.

His reply 'Hahahaha how much we paying you to take him?'
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: Aug 15, 2011 05:28:38 pm
      If our scouts are that easily impressed by a goal against the Faroe Islands, i'd be worried
      njny_scouser
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 791 posts |
      Reply #35: Aug 15, 2011 05:37:26 pm
      The lad struggles against decent teams in the SPL, people couldnt honestly really believe he would be a success here. Youtube was invented for players like McCourt

Don't forget Jovanovic.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #36: Aug 15, 2011 06:40:33 pm
      If our scouts are that easily impressed by a goal against the Faroe Islands, I'd be worried

No need to be so dramatic. You know fine well that the Liverpool scouting department and Kenny Dalglish did not make a bid on the basis of one game against the Faroe Island!!
      ElishaScottUlsterRed
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #37: Aug 16, 2011 09:46:23 am
      I'm a Northern Ireland season ticket holder. I've seen this kid play at Derry City and keep an odd eye on the SPL. However much I'd love to see an Ulsterman sign for Liverpool I really doubt what he could bring to the club, apart from adding depth to the left side.
      There is no question he has incredible feet and trickery. He made his first competitive start for Norn Iron against the Faroes and had a fantastic game, however he has featured very little for the Celts. At his best Paddy could be a very good impact player but at 27 and not impressing in the SPL I'd doubt what the lad could honestly bring to the pool.

He could very well be overwhelmed by a move to Liverpool and I just cant see it being a great move.

Potential similarities to a 25 year old Ivan Sproule, snatched from obscurity in Norn Iron by Hibs, became a hero, great pace and trickery, scored 3 against the Gers, moved to Bristol City where he did nothing, loaned to Yeovil Town and now a squad player again with Hibs................

Just my thoughts....
      « Last Edit: Aug 16, 2011 09:52:13 am by ElishaScottUlsterRed, Reason: More detail »
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #38: Aug 16, 2011 01:17:37 pm
      Bhoys warn Reds off McCourt

Celtic keen to keep hold of winger

Skysports.com understands Celtic have rebuffed Liverpool's enquiry for winger Paddy McCourt.

Liverpool are believed to have made a tentative enquiry about McCourt's availability following his stunning showing for Northern Ireland against Faroe Islands last week.

The 27-year-old scored two superb solo goals in the 4-0 win over the Faroes and his performance alerted scouts from Liverpool.

Reds boss Kenny Dalglish is thought to be keen on adding some creativity to his attacking options and he sees McCourt as someone who can unlock defences with his skilful runs.

However, Celtic are thought to have warned Liverpool off making a move for McCourt as Neil Lennonis keen to keep the 27-year-old in Glasgow.

McCourt has struggled to establish himself as a regular in the Celtic side since arriving from Derry City in 2008, but he is highly regarded within the corridors of Parkhead.

Celtic insist McCourt is not for sale, but it remains to be seen if Liverpool will firm up their interest with a bid for the winger to try and force the Bhoys' hand.

Never seen him play, but by what people're saying he's not good enough+he's 27. The good news here is we're trying to bring more people in, hopefully a CB, a RW and a striker.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #39: Aug 16, 2011 01:52:49 pm
      Don't believe this story for one second
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #40: Aug 16, 2011 02:12:02 pm
      Just to wind Corbally up... ;D

Paddy McCourt - Five of the Best
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #41: Aug 16, 2011 03:06:55 pm
      I'm a Northern Ireland season ticket holder. I've seen this kid play at Derry City and keep an odd eye on the SPL. However much I'd love to see an Ulsterman sign for Liverpool I really doubt what he could bring to the club, apart from adding depth to the left side.
      There is no question he has incredible feet and trickery. He made his first competitive start for Norn Iron against the Faroes and had a fantastic game, however he has featured very little for the Celts. At his best Paddy could be a very good impact player but at 27 and not impressing in the SPL I'd doubt what the lad could honestly bring to the pool.

He could very well be overwhelmed by a move to Liverpool and I just cant see it being a great move.

Potential similarities to a 25 year old Ivan Sproule, snatched from obscurity in Norn Iron by Hibs, became a hero, great pace and trickery, scored 3 against the Gers, moved to Bristol City where he did nothing, loaned to Yeovil Town and now a squad player again with Hibs................

Just my thoughts....

your thoughts are very welcome mate.. not seen much of him if i'm honest, so its good to get the view point from someone who has.
      Kop_Red
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 375 posts |
      Reply #42: Aug 16, 2011 03:19:36 pm
      some boss goals in that vid
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #43: Aug 16, 2011 03:50:07 pm
      Another one ;)

Paddy McCourt Compilation

I'd rather have Paddy in my team than Joe Cole.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #44: Aug 16, 2011 04:23:41 pm
      really dont know anything about this lad till he scored those two against the faroes,and looking at the goals posted on here,looks worth a punt on his ability alone .
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #45: Aug 16, 2011 08:07:51 pm
       Many things can happen in football  ,but this  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply