Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Dalglish's immunity to mistakes

Read 9156 times
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Re: Dalgish's immunity to mistakes
      Reply #92: Aug 16, 2011 03:12:13 pm

That's taking it a bit far.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Re: Dalglish's immunity to mistakes
      Reply #93: Aug 17, 2011 01:54:21 pm
      Do you know how i perceive Kenny is, he would rather step down as manager and admit defeat than let this club struggle which is a lot more than we have had in the past. Kenny will make mistakes, he hasn't really done anything wrong for me yet but he will make them, and im sure he will have the ballls to admit to them!
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #94: Aug 17, 2011 02:07:52 pm
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #95: Aug 17, 2011 03:19:05 pm
      KD has my full backing it's only the first game into the new season and almost 1/2 the team are new players. But the only thing I CANNOT agree on is the players are tired. Tired of what? Except Suarez and Lucas, the rest had almost 3  months to rest and to stay fit. Players are only called upon to play 1-game a week and they're tired! We don't pay them 50k to 100l a week to get tired but to play football. From the game itself, KD did deploy the right tactics and we were good in the 1st half until Sunderland came blazing in the 2nd half, as expected, and the players did not know how to re-act to it. We sinmply did not distrupt them enough. It's a game of 2 halfs, lesson no.1 to all the players. Besides that, I strongly believe we really need a leader in the midfield to command the rest of the players and execute moves. Ok, Carra is the captain but he can't dictate anything when the ball crosses the half way mark or that he choose to hoof it upwards. Until Stevie returns, KD may have to quickly appoint someone to take charge of things.
      « Last Edit: Aug 17, 2011 03:25:46 pm by redkop63 »
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #96: Aug 17, 2011 05:24:09 pm
      He has everyones full backing here but hey when Rafa made mistakes with signings and with teams he picked I said it and I loved the man and was gutted when Purslow and the Yanks gave him the boot
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #97: Aug 17, 2011 06:15:16 pm
      Everybody make mistakes and that includes Kenny himself. Him being the King is not an excuse for making mistakes. But it's only one f**king game and the opener of the season. Not getting maximum points on the first game doesn't mean that we'll not going to win the league.

That game against Sunderland, he picked what he believed could win the game for us, but plans didn't always go right. Sometimes along the way mistakes being made and one silly mistake either will or will not cost us. I'm not saying that Kenny was right to pick his choice of players because it was based on what he saw in training and we'not there to see who's doing well and who doesn't. He got Clarke giving him inputs about players. Where he deemed necessary, he put in his best 11 based on the inputs and actually when the whistle blow, it's up to the players to prove him they are worth the choice. They showed it in the first 45, but something went sour during the 2nd 45 and even he didn't could find the exact answer of what the problems are.

The problem arised from our 2nd half were the fluidity of the game and our lack of diversity, not the choice of players. Even if he put in kelly instead of Flanno, could anyone guarantee that he would not be in that same position as Flanno was when Larsson blasted that volley? Nobody could tell that. Up to that point he was playing very well. One bad judgement and we lost our three points. If we're talking about putting someone instead of someone, we could be saying it everytime our players made a bad judgement.

When he subbed Suarez we lost our diversity because up to that point, we are attcking from every direction and causing Sunderland a hell of a problem. It was when Suarez was pulled out then our attacking strategy was pointing the ball straight to Carroll. The problem with Carroll that he was a bit slow and only a good through ball could give him the chance to score from open play. Other than that, he could only hoped for a good crossing. So it's easy to figure out where to got from that. It's not that I'm saying that he's not that good but it will take time for him to improve but in the same time we have to improvise on our attacking approach. When with Suarez we're mobilizing all over the pitch and without him, it's all Carroll. What Kenny should do is continue the attacking approach from all angle even if without Suarez.

That's why for a good game to have a good fluidity we should at least maintain that good combination of pass and move, creativity and mobility in our game. By saying that, we should have at least two players with Suarez ability, combined with the flanking of Downings, good midfield dominance by both Lucas/Adam, Lucas/Raul, Lucas/Aquilani, Gerrard/Lucas or whatever combination Kenny put out, solid backline and most importantly a good striker with Carroll like presence(and one good sub) to be as consistent as what we have showed in our first 45. Then come the most important thing Kenny needed to tackle, the unable-to-kill-off-game syndrome. We played superb in our first 45, but still for years we're lacking that killing power. Mostly we're unable to secure the game and let opponent dictate the game. Whether it's Anfield of that striken Old Traffart, we should not let opponent dictate our game but a lot of times we let them dictate. I was like in awe when watching our first half. Our midfield was all over the pitch making strings of passes, cutting off opponents and containing the pressure. then second half, we tend to sink and let them dominate us.

It's still early in the season and I don't want to blame anyone for our lack of urgency to kill off the game especially Kenny. He has done all in his power but it is up to the players to understand the concept, philosophy and the need to win any game.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #98: Aug 17, 2011 10:21:16 pm
      Excellent post Macca. I find all that you've said is very true, and I totally agree!

If I should say one thing I miss in our players and that might be down to our inspirational captain being out for a while is the fact  that we used to progress as the game went along. We never gave up on a match, Gerrard would spur us on. We've been missing that. But I for would not be calling for Kenny's head or put the blame of the Sunderland match on his shoulders solely...

macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #99: Aug 18, 2011 05:57:00 pm
      I see your point but we're Liverpool and we shouldn't depend on one man to spur us on. Everybody has their own duty on the pitch. I'm not disagreeing with what you said but by not having having Gerrard in the line-up it's a golden chance for our lads to show that they are as good and as important as Gerrard is.

Stevie has been an excellent captain for us on or off the pitch. Whether he's playing or not, our lads must show that they are equally as good as he is. They showed that in the first half but what happened in the 2nd half? Kenny himself is an inspiration and they should know it. They are managed by a f**king legend and when the legend picked you for a game it should mean something.

Let's not continue this blame game as we know our boys also didn't want to draw yet alone losing a game. We're the 12th man and if Gerrard was not there to spur things so we should. We should as well be equally inspirational as our Stevie Wonder!
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #100: Aug 20, 2011 10:32:08 am
      One game in......yes one game in and the knives were already out.

You expected a 4:0 demolition job from your first ever game or from your seat in front of your computers some 1000's of miles away..

So many on here were so disappointed with a 1:1 against a team called Sunderland....boo hoo.

I can't believe there are so many up and coming master tacticians out there.

God help the manager if we lose today..
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #101: Aug 20, 2011 11:05:00 am
      One game in......yes one game in and the knives were already out.

You expected a 4:0 demolition job from your first ever game or from your seat in front of your computers some 1000's of miles away..

So many on here were so disappointed with a 1:1 against a team called Sunderland....boo hoo.

I can't believe there are so many up and coming master tacticians out there.

God help the manager if we lose today..

Mate you really do need to chill. It's only an Internet forum, people are only offering opinion and there's the rub...

Liverpool fans have been discussing all matters football long before the advent of a more public, widely read, 'forum'. Long before the world wide web, in the pubs and clubs, before and after any game us armchair managers always had something to say.

We all sat, mates 'round us and told them and anyone who'd listen not only who we'd pick beforehand but (if we'd drew or lost); where things went wrong, who the boss should have picked and what formation we would have played, if we were manager. Them's the facts R_H; you know it, I know it..

Even then, in the pub, there were always opinions you disagreed or agreed with - the thing is; you were amongst only a select few mates and they would tell you that you were talking sh*te (or not)...and when we parted ways we were still mates who met again next week. Now on this forum and others like it you are amongst hundreds of 'strangers' with hundreds of opinions - some you'll agree with; most (myself included) will talk sh*te from time to time. There's just more who can hear and can be heard.

We like to believe our opinions matter but the truth is they don't; they didn't then - they don't know. We aren't 'master tacticians'; far from it - consider us instead as a few blokes in the pub, talking sh*te, pre Internet. Instead of thinking some are sharpening the knives think, instead: 'talking sh*te, in the pub'.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #102: Aug 20, 2011 11:09:10 am
      I don't get where this knee jerking is coming from.  We're are allowed to discuss the mistakes that some perceived happened during games,  without people thinking the knives are out.  They aren't, Kenny isn't immune from criticism or examination and I'm fairly confident that Kenny would have looked at what 'went wrong' during the Sunderland game himself.  If  we're not allowed to discuss what happened during a game, then why the (beep) are we even on this site.  Discussions after games have gone on for donkey's years, they get writ large nowadays because of the ease of communication, but these conversations and questions where being asked and talked about Saturday evening in working men's clubs and monday at work.  

It's certainly preferable an opinion, whether right or wrong, is put forward and discussed, rather then never mentioned.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,589 posts | 7141 
      Reply #103: Aug 20, 2011 04:32:10 pm
      Another away victory for Kenny first time at Arsenal for years.Quickly changed the team when the Red card came and that changed the game for us. He put a side out that never really looked in danger so 10 out of 10 for me today.
      Red Horizon
      • Forum John Toshack

• 246 posts |
      Reply #104: Aug 21, 2011 11:39:37 am
      Mate you really do need to chill. It's only an Internet forum, people are only offering opinion and there's the rub...

Liverpool fans have been discussing all matters football long before the advent of a more public, widely read, 'forum'. Long before the world wide web, in the pubs and clubs, before and after any game us armchair managers always had something to say.

We all sat, mates 'round us and told them and anyone who'd listen not only who we'd pick beforehand but (if we'd drew or lost); where things went wrong, who the boss should have picked and what formation we would have played, if we were manager. Them's the facts R_H; you know it, I know it..

Even then, in the pub, there were always opinions you disagreed or agreed with - the thing is; you were amongst only a select few mates and they would tell you that you were talking sh*te (or not)...and when we parted ways we were still mates who met again next week. Now on this forum and others like it you are amongst hundreds of 'strangers' with hundreds of opinions - some you'll agree with; most (myself included) will talk sh*te from time to time. There's just more who can hear and can be heard.

We like to believe our opinions matter but the truth is they don't; they didn't then - they don't know. We aren't 'master tacticians'; far from it - consider us instead as a few blokes in the pub, talking sh*te, pre Internet. Instead of thinking some are sharpening the knives think, instead: 'talking sh*te, in the pub'.

I understand but i was quite happy with who we went with against Sunderland,i thought it was great that the new signings were played and i was glad that Flanagan started ahead of Kelly as i was impressed with him in all the games he played in,ok i did feel as a lot of us did that midfield was slightly unbalanced but having said that first 30-35 mins it flowed quite nicely...and on Saturday i felt we could have played the same team..i just wonder if we hadn't had and you must admit some good fortune with the own goal.....would it still be all roses in the garden?

Though in hindsight i take your point again.....i think i'm just on the look out for negativity so i can wade in..

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #105: Aug 21, 2011 12:41:22 pm
       This threads a bit quiet after a fanstastic effort from the manager yesterday. Our first win at the Emirates, our first win away against Arsenal for many a year etc. Long live the King.
      Scottbot

• 9,620 posts | 2159 
      Reply #106: Aug 21, 2011 12:45:03 pm
      It's a bit of dumb thread starter/title to be honest and that's why I haven't posted in it before now. The title will only get posters hot under the collar and lead to lousy footy debate. Reminds me of the sort of sh...ite they post up to get debate going on talksport.

I'd much prefer it was changed to 'Dalglish - formations, tactics and personel' or something along those lines becasue essentially that is what we should all be discussing.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #107: Aug 21, 2011 12:53:47 pm
      Spot on selection, spot on tactics & spot on substitutions/timing.

No surprise to see the posters who were eager to lambast Kenny about how he got it wrong last week being anonymous after he nailed it yesterday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,358 posts | 8616 
      Reply #108: Aug 21, 2011 12:58:59 pm
      This threads a bit quiet after a fanstastic effort from the manager yesterday. Our first win at the Emirates, our first win away against Arsenal for many a year etc. Long live the King.

Get in to the other Dalglish thread.

This one's for the whingers who want to pick up on any mistakes The King makes.

F***ing Heathens
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #109: Aug 21, 2011 01:00:23 pm
      I don't I think it is a valid title, Kenny mistakes every bit as much as Rafa were or Roys were.

Find it strange I was a massive Rafa fan but constantly posted when I though he made mistakes, with Kenny certain posters don't think you should be allowed to.

I think Kenny made a big mistake playing Flanagan against Sunderland and maybe cost us 3 points, but at least he remedied it yesterday by picking Kelly doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake last week
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,160 posts | 261 
      Reply #110: Aug 21, 2011 04:44:58 pm

Sorry mate, as I'm also still very happy we won against Arsenal at their home, of course for many years. But please, against that Arsenal team I think our win hardly a "fanstastic effort from the manager ".
      I repeat again, I'm very happy of the win.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #111: Aug 21, 2011 06:27:18 pm
      Sorry mate, as I'm also still very happy we won against Arsenal at their home, of course for many years. But please, against that Arsenal team I think our win hardly a "fanstastic effort from the manager ".
      I repeat again, I'm very happy of the win.

Completely disagree. I thought the selections and timings of the subs were spot on. Fair enough though.
      stooby
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 339 posts | 10 
      Reply #112: Aug 21, 2011 06:36:01 pm
      I did wonder why Suarez was not starting but the king knows the players better than all of us and in the end it turned out brilliantly. The same with Jordan, i would like to see Aquilani start, when i went out to Kuala Lumpur to see the game he stood out as our best player by far but kenny knows best and i for one will never question his decissions again even if i do raise an eyebrow at some of them.
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #113: Aug 21, 2011 06:39:40 pm
      I feel this is like the Rafa bashing thread but with Kenny and its a f***in disgrace.

can we not lock this until such a time where it is worthy of discussion..
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #114: Aug 21, 2011 07:03:20 pm
      11 years if my memory serves me correct!

Quick Reply