Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Latest injury news from the media

Read 10353 times
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Latest injury news from the media
      Aug 15, 2011 11:51:27 pm
      Steven Gerrard to begin light training at Liverpool

• Competitive comeback still scheduled for mid-September
      • Fábio Aurélio injured again but Martin Skrtel close to return

Andy Hunter
      Monday 15 August 2011

Steven Gerrard will return to light training with Liverpool this week as the club captain continues his recovery from the infection that ruined his start to the new Premier League season.

The Liverpool midfielder has not featured for Kenny Dalglish's team since March due to groin surgery and his scheduled return in August was postponed when he suffered an infection related to the operation. Gerrard was released from hospital almost a fortnight ago and has been granted permission to resume light training. "Stevie will be stepping up his recovery this week," Dalglish said.

Liverpool have not, however, revised Gerrard's comeback date of mid-September and the 31-year-old is expected to miss England's European Championship qualifiers against Bulgaria and Wales at the start of next month.

Martin Skrtel will also return to training at Melwood this week as he recovers from a calf injury suffered in pre-season, but the luckless Fábio Aurélio is facing another extended period on the sidelines having damaged his achilles tendon in training on Friday. Liverpool have yet to discover the full extent of the injury-prone defender's problem.

Aurélio's untimely absence forced Dalglish to hand an immediate Liverpool debut to José Enrique against Sunderland on Saturday, despite the Spanish left-back completing a £6m move from Newcastle United only 24 hours earlier.

José Enrique enjoyed an assured start to his Liverpool career and said Andy Carroll, his former Newcastle team-mate and now Anfield colleague, will justify his £35m price-tag now he has overcome the thigh and knee injuries that interrupted his debut season on Merseyside.

"Andy was brilliant for us at Newcastle and I am sure he will be the same for Liverpool," José Enrique said. "He is a very, very good player. When a club like Liverpool pays £35m for Andy, I know it is not by chance. It is because they think he is a good player.

"I watched him play last season and I knew he wasn't fit here. I don't care if the player is Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, if a player is not fit, then he cannot play properly. He is playing very well in his position and he is going to be an important player this season."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/15/steven-gerrard-return-to-training

Edit: Title amended - no opinion with articles from the media
      « Last Edit: Oct 29, 2011 10:24:21 pm by redkenny »
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Re: Injury report
      Reply #1: Aug 15, 2011 11:55:44 pm
      Mac_Red, you've been beaten to it!  Already been posted by LFC Viking in the Stevie G and Fabio player threads.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2: Aug 15, 2011 11:59:16 pm
      Mac_Red, you've been beaten to it!  Already been posted by LFC Viking in the Stevie G and Fabio player threads.

Ah let him be, it's not easy keeping up an 18/day post count with any kind of consistency.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #3: Aug 15, 2011 11:59:32 pm
      Mac_Red, you've been beaten to it!  Already been posted by LFC Viking in the Stevie G and Fabio player threads.

He's going to be an aggravated aggregator. :D
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #4: Aug 16, 2011 12:01:29 am

Well, it is not really a competition ... And I think that the main board could use a designated injury news thread ...
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #5: Aug 16, 2011 12:02:57 am
      Well, it is not really a competition ... And I think that the main board could use a designated injury news thread ...

it'll be a waste as we'll, more than likely, get duplicate posts in the player threads.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #6: Aug 16, 2011 12:03:27 am

True, but injuries affecting our players are generally commented on in the player threads.
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #7: Aug 16, 2011 12:04:25 am
      Ah let him be, it's not easy keeping up an 18/day post count with any kind of consistency.

Especially with several bans :lmao:

On topic... sad for Fabio, pleased for Stevie and Martin - and thank god for Enrique :)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #8: Aug 16, 2011 12:13:19 am
      it'll be a waste as we'll, more than likely, get duplicate posts in the player threads.

Not every poster goes through every players' thread ...

Lets try an see how will this thread work ... Personally, I intend to post only injury news from reliable sources here ...
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #9: Aug 16, 2011 12:22:34 am
      Can we like organise this thread if you want an injury news thread?

Change the title to something like "injury and suspension list" and perhaps update the opening post to the list of every player who's injured or suspended.

Not scroll through pages and pages of updates, just have a clear list which tells me?
      TKIDLLTK

• 8,362 posts | 158 
      Reply #10: Aug 16, 2011 12:25:58 am
      Can we like organise this thread if you want an injury news thread?

Change the title to something like "injury and suspension list" and perhaps update the opening post to the list of every player who's injured or suspended.

Not scroll through pages and pages of updates, just have a clear list which tells me?

The offal had a page dedicated to that last year,  was going to post the link, but I can't find it now?
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #11: Aug 16, 2011 01:15:55 am
      Rumours on twitter is that Aurelio has torn a tendon in his ankle, 3-4 months out.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #12: Aug 16, 2011 01:18:47 am
      personally i like a designated injury thread.

One of the few times that I appreciate a Mac Red topic or post!

Easy tiger..its a joke.
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #13: Aug 16, 2011 01:21:56 am
      This is a fair guideline:

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Helps with fantasy leagues as well ;)
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #14: Aug 16, 2011 01:30:38 am
      The offal had a page dedicated to that last year,  was going to post the link, but I can't find it now?
      It was closed couple of weeks ago ...

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/team/first-team/injuries-and-suspensions-closed
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #15: Aug 25, 2011 12:14:25 am

Kenny on Raul

25th Aug 2011

Liverpool were forced to make an early substitution when Carroll came on for the injured Raul Meireles on 23 minutes.

Asked about news of the No.4, Dalglish said: "It's his collarbone but we don't know how long he'll be out. I think we are going to be without him for a couple of weeks.

"I've not got a medical term for it. He just damaged his collarbone. He just fell on it. It's disappointing.

"It doesn't matter if he's been playing good, bad or indifferent, it's still disappointing to pick up such an innocuous thing. We are disappointed. But I'm sure Raul is the most disappointed person."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/kenny-on-raul-andy-and-exeter
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #16: Aug 25, 2011 12:22:51 am
      The good news is the injury should kill off any chance of Meireles going to Chelsea in a late deal.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #17: Aug 25, 2011 12:24:07 am
      Looked absolutely gutted when he went off, hardly wanted to speak to the medical staff  :-\
      MsGerrard
      Reply #18: Aug 25, 2011 12:37:22 am
      Looked absolutely gutted when he went off, hardly wanted to speak to the medical staff  :-\

He did didn't he, he barely looked injured though, must have just fell awkward on it, shame, but its s good job we've got a big squad to cope with the loss of players like Raul.

Hope he gets better soon.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #19: Aug 25, 2011 11:23:12 am
      The good news is the injury should kill off any chance of Meireles going to Chelsea in a late deal.

Hmm. Are these two points connected?
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #20: Aug 25, 2011 12:18:36 pm
      Have to admit that popped in my head when I first saw his reaction
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #21: Aug 25, 2011 12:44:20 pm
      Hmm. Are these two points connected?

Wouldn't read too much into it personally. Most players seem a bit gutted when they get a bad injury like that.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #22: Aug 25, 2011 01:09:03 pm
      Not every poster goes through every players' thread ...

Lets try an see how will this thread work ... Personally, I intend to post only injury news from reliable sources here ...

Im with you on this - a thread on the main board for a one stop shop on all current players and where they are on their rehab is a good idea.

Quick Reply